[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. What is the best weightlifting philosophy for someone who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

1. What is the best weightlifting philosophy for someone who wants to lift as much as possible in the 4 major barbell lifts? Does high volume matter if my aim is to lift as much as possible? I worry over whether extra lifting is beneficial or pointless or harmful.

I have noticed that 5/3/1 has almost nothing in it if you only do the lifts.

2. Has anyone else fucked their energy due to only 5-7 hours of sleep a night and coffee in the evening? It feels awful. A short while ago I could casually go in to the gym and do many 3 rep sets of 350 lbs squats to mess around. A few days ago I could barely do two reps of 335 lbs. My bench and deadlift have gone to shit as well.

How long does it take to recover from this?

3. Is it really ok to dry yourself after showers more than once with the same towel?
>>
>>41587424
interested in 2, so bump
>>
>>41587424
>5 hour of sleep monday
>went to gym after job interview
>dyel, gonna bench 195 3x5
>got 3 reps on my first set
>dropped the weight to 185 and failed on the 5th rep

Anything under 6.5 hours of sleep and I'm fucked. Coffee only helps mentally, has no effect on my energy levels
>>
>>41587424
>I have noticed that 5/3/1 has almost nothing in it if you only do the lifts.
Accessories aren't nearly as useful for strength as they are for aesthetics, from what I can tell. Your bench press will go up if you bench press more, not pec fly and tricep kickback more.
>My bench and deadlift have gone to shit as well. How long does it take to recover from this?
Sometimes a day, sometimes months. Just ride it out.
>Is it really ok to dry yourself after showers more than once with the same towel?
As long as you're not filthy. I'd say two times is the limit for me without washing it.
>>
>>41587424
>>41588077
531 is supposed to be programming for main lifts. Not the volume work your supposed to do on top of it
>>
>>41588231
>supposed to do on top of it
[citation needed]
>>
P r o g r e s s i v e O v e r l o a d
>>
>>41587424
only opinions follow. the evidence in this area is so weak as to be practically useless

1. what matters is diet, rest, specificity, and adequate volume at an adequate intensity (i.e., enough volume to stimulate a response, but not so much that you can't recover from it). you get a bigger bench by doing a lot of benching. accessories ought to be close variants or prehabilitation exercises, like face pulls

if you've other constraints (wanting to look good, say), then you may want to add in other accessories (especially for your back)

2. sleep is king. you'll probable be back to normal within a few days of proper rest

3. i dry myself with the same towel for about a week. why wouldn't it be fine? just don't floss your ass with it
>>
literaly any powerlifter plan
sheiko, candito any other crazy russian lifting routines
>>
>>41587424
1. Eat, lift, sleep, juice if you really want to lift "as much as possible." Try a bulgarian inspired method if you juice.

2. Yeah it's happened to me before. Sleep right. Have more rest days if you're not on sterons. You should be fini within the week

3. Idk
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.