[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to train cardio over the next month? Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cardio.jpg (72KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
cardio.jpg
72KB, 900x652px
What is the best way to train cardio over the next month?

Im doing a big hiking trip a month from now, I never get any muscle soreness/muscle pain but my cardio kills me

I have a month off work so I have shitloads of time
>>
>>41585477
her feet must be on fire
>>
>>41585496

I guess it depends how hot the sand is
>>
>>41585496
its not bad if you go in the morning
>>
File: sk.jpg (236KB, 1349x692px) Image search: [Google]
sk.jpg
236KB, 1349x692px
Don't mind me, just enjoying my 99% quartz sand that stays cool even in the blistering summer sun.
>>
couple options:

>stationary bike a shitton (try tonstay on for at least an hour); this'll build endurance and get you used to intense leg usage
>run on the soft sand on the beach for a couple miles (way more taxing than harder surfaces)

that's all I got
>>
>>41585477
kill yourself on 15% incline treadmill
stair machine 2 steps at a time (if u can) increasing the level every minute until you die
if you don't live somewhere flat run or bike up the biggest incline you can find on repeats
>>
>>41586251
This or tabata sprinting. Don't forget to warm up properly though or you will injure yourself.
>>
>>41585496
She can cool them off in my mouth
>>
>>41586002
>>41586251

so far this is what im thinking

I do have semi-bad knees though so im always cautious with running stuff

Want to do C25K but scared of knee health (chondromalacia patella)
>>
>>41586484
i have 2 fucked up knees and i do stairs like mad. warming up and knowing when to stop is the only thing you need to know.
fucking do it and stop looking for excuses.

or just do kettlebell swings till you puke
>>
>>41586484
Big time hiker here, if your knees get fucked by running then maybe don't go on this trip, but if you still want to go running and hiking is the best way to prepare, hiking really not that bad. It's only when you get into 4+ days of continuous hiking that it gets to you.
>>
>>41585477
Jump rope.

Much easier on the knees as long as you have a good mat to jump on and good shoes too. Or you can skip the shoes and just use the mat, but make sure it's thick enough to take the landing. You can push yourself really hard or take it easy and go for a long duration. If you do it consistantly, you'll notice huge gains in your lung capacity, endurance, balance and posture. Not to mention your calves will get strong as fuck. And if you're hiking I imagine you'll want strong calves so you don't slip and can support your weight on one leg if you need to.
>>
>>41587239
This, calves and the top of your thigh, also want strong knees. But really the best workout for hiking, is to go hiking.
>>
>>41585853

I don't like sand, it's coarse and gets everywhere
>>
>>41585477
fucking TOERUNNING is the best for your gay ass cardio workout, it's the SS of running in general
>>
>>41585477
if youre not a regular runner, trust me on this : do NOT run every day.
leave at least 1 full day of rest while your heart conditions to low intensity cardio
you will get rekt if you run every day , trust me on this

ive been running for years you can ama
>>
If you can run on a soft surface, like grass or sand, do that instead of running on concrete. You'll save your knees.

As far as workout, find a track or park with at least a 1 mile marker on it.

Should be rotating hard and easy workouts. Take a break in between days at first while you're getting used to the pressure you're placing on your heart from cardio. Focus on controlled breathing as you run. Also focus on relaxing your shoulders so you aren't exerting excess strength.

Hard Day:
> 6 miles total
> First mile starts at desired mile pace
> Each consecutive mile you drop the pace by 15 seconds (you're speeding up each mile)
> If you cannot complete the entire run, finish the rest off at beginning mile pace

I'd recommend you start your mile times at 8 minute mile pace unless that is too hard to maintain for 3 miles.

Easy Day:
> 6 miles total
> 8 minute mile pace
> 200 push ups - 200 sit ups - 5 minute planking (done in any order and any increments you can muster, but no waiting to cooldown first)

If you need to increase or decrease times to fit your own personal abilities, do so. However, the process of the workouts is more important. The Hard Day is meant to be a hard day don't bitch out on running faster each mile. You probably won't make it to the 6 mile marker. If you do, then your times are too long and you need to drop some.
>>
>>41588890

Correction: You probably won't make it to the Hard Day end the first few times you try it. It will be agonizing, but you'll eventually make it just in time and it will feel amazing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.