[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muscle Memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How long someone who stopped lifting can hope to profit from muscle memory when he gets back to it?
I've lost all my gainz due to some stomach problems and didn't do shit for a very long time. Now my motivation is back but I want to know if muscle memory will be helping this time.
>>
What the fuck is with people asking questions that cannot possibly be quantified?
How do you measure muscle memory and how can anyone possibly know all the information about your body to calculate whatever the fuck you're talking about
If you're consistent and have a good diet you'll get your gainz with or without muscle memory
>>
File: deadliftkrengal.jpg (113KB, 949x627px) Image search: [Google]
deadliftkrengal.jpg
113KB, 949x627px
OP I stopped lifting for 6 months and I kept some good habits like a healthy diet, reduced alcohol intake, etc...that leaded to a good recovery of muscular mass.
This guy's right...>>41571757 the so called 'muscular memory' is hard to measure and depends on habits, genetics and the way you resume your workout.
Keep it up, bro.
>>
>>41571434
No clue dude, why don't you find out and get back to us
>>
>>41571434

muscle memory doesn't exist you fuck. you just have regular trained memory, and it will help you remember the proper form because you've done this stuff before. in other words, your muscles will be as weak/strong as they are with or without your previous experience, but the previous experience means that this time around your form won't be total dogshit when you start up.
>>
>>41572296

>>41572296

Wrong

Muscle memory will speed up the pace at which you can get back to where you were. There is a biological explication that you can Google.
>>
2-3 months granted you're eating enough. Regaining old muscle requires less calories than building bren muscle in my experience. You will gain weight like crazy considering you've lost a lot of gains.
>>
>>41571434

I generally retain my strength for 14-21 days if I stop working out.
>>
4 years ago when i was 16 i went to the gym for about 6 months, too scared to use the free weights i only used the leg press and got well over 600 pounds 4x15 (even locking my knees which makes me shudder thinking about)

Fast forward 4 years and i just started lifting again and my legs are not only the largest part of my body but every workout the weights increase by very large increments
>>
>>41571434
Classical instrument musician here, muscle memory never goes away, but it does fade. The good thing is that retraining the muscle memory to previous levels is incredibly easy.

If I play a piece of music, and learn the fingerings and then don't play it for a few years and play it again, it will be 5x easier to learn the piece again the 2nd time.
>>
>>41572296
wrong

look up myonuclear domain

this is why guys who used to train can get strong and big again quickly, and why steroid users permanently have a greater number of satellite cells and will show telltale signs of usage years after
>>
>>41574136
that's not what OP meant by muscle memory

muscle memory is the ability of someone with previous training to gain strength and size quickly as they approach their previous level

i see the parallel but they are completely different processes
>>
>>41574151
my bad, I only on /fit/ because I missclicked and ended up here
>>
>>41574145
>>41572404

I crawled through a few articles and it looks like I was indeed wrong.

the jury is still out on whether or not the additional nuclei are permanent, but they suggest 2-3 months is not enough time to lose "muscle memory", and their hypothesis is that the additional nuclei are persistent beyond that time

thanks anons.
>>
Doesn't take long my dude, muscle memory is a hell of a drug.

HOWEVER, it doesn't mean your ligaments/tendons are ready to take the same amount of load they used to so ease into it.

Talking from experience, I was injured myself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.