[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: JQ7486_1.jpg (71KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
JQ7486_1.jpg
71KB, 900x900px
Doing rack pulls and sent myself to snap city. Middle lumbar reaaaaaal tight. What immediate rehab should I do in the hours following the injury? Heat or cold? Stretch? Massage? Leave it?
>>
>>41571325
if you think you actually hit snap city then dont do anything to it and avoid any activity.
If it is just muscle tightness then that is very different... It is possible to get a huge pump is your spinal erectors that makes it feel very tight
>>
>he actually did heavy rack pulls

you look like an idiot and its a retarded exercise

to actual deadlifts if you arent a fuckin fag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHCIA5saYo
>>
>>41571834
Feels like a very bad strain. Happened right before lockout, immediately knew it was bad. Dropped the weight, gingerly cleaned up the station and went home

Shortness of breath, standing hurts, sitting hurts. Only on left side erectors
>>
>>41572059

>tfw you're in the gym and see some guy stop mid-set with a panicked look in his eyes and then quietly leaves
>>
>>41572059
rest for a few days and see if the pain subsides (dont lift for longer)
It sounds like you should see a doctor if you live somewhere with healthcare or can afford it though
>>
>>41571325
Go back to the gym and finish your workout. You're not gonna make it if you can't stick to your program
>>
>>41572059
That sounds like a pinched sciatica. Is it like, right above your ass? Same thing happened to me man, give it a couple days, then do light stretching and take a couple weeks off of any heavy lower back work. If youre lucky itll go away, if its serious it may linger.
>>
File: 1491374091869.jpg (48KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491374091869.jpg
48KB, 1000x1000px
>>41571882
>ManletDestiny
>5'5
>thinks stupidly heavy rack pulls are somehow a substitute for proper deadlifts
>>
>>41572150
Except he doesn't say that and never has
>>
>>41572075
>>
>>41572094
>Tfw American and hourly
>>
File: 7620965.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
7620965.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>41572059
Probably just a pulled muscle, it's a bitch and takes a lot of time to heal, I've had this twice, the first time was very serious and it took 2 months to heal completely. The second time was not so bad and I was good in 3 weeks.

Don't stretch, just massage a bit and put some ice packs.

For the massage, get a lacrosse/tennis ball and roll around the area over a hard surface, like the floor or wall

Take a couple of days off if it hurts too much and don't try to lift heavy, you'll probably be able to bench but anything else will be a bitch, don't push it, go light
>>
>>41572490
Thanks for an answer other than lmao rack pulls
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.