[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

weighted crunches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: url.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
for people that do weight crunches… do you hold your arms straight out like that picture - or… do you keep your arms bent, so the weight is closer to your chest??
>>
yeah
>>
>>41570625

word thanks!
>>
>>41570612
yep
>>
>>41570612
Put the weight behind your head. start with a 5 or 10lb plate.
>>
I hug the plate and hold it against my chest. Afraid I drop it on my head or something.
>>
>>41570612

One of the laws of inertia is that an object has an easier time moving when its mass is center.

Scientificalogically I would pose that by keeping the weight close to you you are "adding it to your mass and moving yourself" and that by keeping the weight far from your center you have to move yourself AND the weight which would be the harder option. Its some Physics 1 shit, has to do with inertia etc.
>>
>>41570714

hah hell ya! #science into it
>>
>>41570714
It's simpler than that. Putting it behind your head means it's farther from the point of rotation. Why have a mechanical advantage and increase the weight?
>>
>>41570612
Fuck that shit, just do hanging leg raises.
>>
>>41570612
still doing crunches ?? there are better back protective exercises that hit the core.
>>
>>41570769
>>41570773
I switch between hanging leg raises, weighted crunches, and dragon flags.

Any reason I should switch?
>>
>>41570787
>Any reason I should switch?
Anything that causes unnecessary flexion of the spine is bad for you. Leg raises and planks allow you to keep your back straight while training your abs. There is no reason to do the shit exercise while non-shit alternatives exist.
>>
>>41570612

Crunches are pointless. Hanging leg raises, l sits and dragon flags all you need.

I prefer L sits since they train your rear delts and triceps all in one exercise.
>>
>>41570917
>>41570957
Is this bad form since his spine is bending?

I try to keep my neck and spine straight while doing crunches, I don't 'crunch' my abs at the top. I normally put the chair at the steepest angle possible and go as far up as I can before my spine starts to bend.
>>
Where do you guys do dragon flags? Do you really take up a bench to swing your legs around while other people use weights?
>>
>>41571022
I do them on the... I don't know what it's called, the ab bench?

Its a bench with places to put your legs and it's angle is adjustable. I just put my head under where your legs normally go.
>>
>>41570990

You want a hollow body throughout the movement. He did have bad form.
>>
>>41571022
Yeah I do it on a bench, looking like a retard with my shorts coming up revealing my pale legs but I can nice abs so fuck them
>>
>>41570680
I also do this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.