[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Any good meals or food suggestions for poorfags looking to gain weight?
>>
>>41568778
--Hierarchy of poorfag foods--
>beans
>rice
>oats
>eggs
>whole milk
>peanut butter
>protein powder
>tuna
>broccoli
>chicken

In order of best to """"worst"""" in terms of cost per good-for-you-points

So basically depending on how poor you are you'll be eating lots of rice and beans and oats and eggs, and not very much chicken but still a bit.

Bananas are the best fruit for cost but aren't really essential if you take a multivitamin (which you should)
>>
>>41568854
came here to post this pretty much

buy in bulk, especially when meats are on sale you can freeze that shit forever

also eat lots of pasta
>>
>>41568854
Think you can make a diet out of these foods you just mentioned?
What to eat in the morning, should i consider a weight gainer?
what's the difference between a protein powder and a weight gainer?

Reading the sticky only give me information about exercises and foods, but i need a special one for poorfags who want to train like me.
>>
>>41568873
a good weight gainer is just protein powder with extra carbs, be careful about their ingredients though

check out myprotein
>>
>>41568890
>myprotein
I'm from France and the brands are kinda unknown here, i want to sign up to a gym but all would be in vain if i don't take care of my calorie intake first.

and i'm clueless about what to eat, i'm 55kg 175cm, i was actually prescribed some booster beverage from my doctor ( he was concered about my weight )which consists of :
>600 kcal for 300ml
>20% protein
>31% lipids
>48%carbohydrates

I've been taking for for a month but i've noticed no weight gain so far.

Either i have a superfast metabolism or i need more calories.
>>
>>41568949
you should pay more attention to what you eat then, it's not your metabolism thats the problem here
>>
>>41568873
Depends on how many calories you eat. I'll just tell you what I eat because I'm a frugal fuck and basically eat the things I told you about. All meals are 3 hours apart.

>Meal 1
>80g Oats (water) + 25g Peanut Butter
>Coffee

>Meal 2 (Post workout)
>2 scoops protein shake + banana

>Meal 3
>50g Kidney Beans + 50g Brown Rice + 125g Mixed Veggies

>Meal 4
>190g Chicken + 200g Sweet Potato + 225g Broccoli

>Meal 5
>50g Kidney Beans + 50g Brown Rice + 125g Mixed Veggies

>Meal 6
>5 Eggs (only 1 yolk) scrambled in 10g Butter

The mixed veggies and broccoli I buy frozen for like £1 for 1kg. The quantities are because the packs I buy are retarded sometimes (like a 950g pack of chicken breasts wtf) but are basically to last a good number of days.

Invest in spices and learn to cook with them. Cinnamon on the oats. Soy sauce + sage in the beans+rice+veggies water when cooking them. Just experiment really otherwise it gets really boring.

Replace the peanut butter with 25g almonds and you've got all your nutrients and stuff too.

Totals like 2400 calories and 200g protein
>>
>>41568992
That's why i asked for a diet plan so i can follow it and realize what i'm doing wrong for a change if it didn't work.

>>41569036
I got a lot of oats so that's good, peanut butter is fairly expensive for not too much but for breakfast it sounds good.

If i get a weight gainer can i cut on some of the foods you mentioned?

Maybe one meal 3 and meal 4, and less eggs?
That sounds like a lot of food for one day, i also have to learn how to cook i guess..

Thanks a lot man!
>>
>>41568949
>>41569036
Holy fuck you're super skinny dude that's a perfect start point.

Eat like I said like 2400 calories initially, but just keep an eye on your weight and see if you gain. If you don't, then double the amount of rice and/or sweet potatoes you eat. Still eat at 3 hour intervals though it's a good habit to get into.

Lift as heavy as you can, all the routines are basically the same and as long as you do OHP, Rows, Bench, Squats, and Deadlifts then you'll be pretty okay. Anything else is just extra and is really quite individual. I do a sort of PPL/split thing personally and it's been good to me. I'll post my routine if you want.

A really important thing is to pre-cook the beans/rice/veggies and the chicken/potatoes/broccoli by the way. Unless you're neet or something then just cook up 400g beans 400g rice and 1kg mix veg and seperate it into 8 (freeze 4 of them, leave 4 in the fridge), and cook Chicken + Sweet Potato + broccoli and seperate into 4 (freeze 2, leave 2 in the fridge). That'll last 4 days.

Trust me, with a 1 hour simmer you don't want to be physically cooking beans twice a day. Pre-make them and just focus on other things. Makes life so much easier.
>>
>>41569142
Yeah totally man each meal can be easily replaced with anything. They're roughly 30-35g of protein and 400 calories each if that helps.

I keep saying it but do try to eat every 3 hours. I'd never be able to stomach all the food I eat if I tried eating it all at once or over 8 hours of whatever. Plus, having food at regular intervals breaks up the day quite nicely. Phone reminders + pre-cooking also means I can just forget about it to be honest, and saves a lot of stress.
>>
>>41569198
Ok thanks man, i got a kind of retarded question but bare with me, before subscribing to the gym and starting to lift weights, can i follow the diet for two weeks or so to see if i gain weight, all while doing bodyweight exercises?

And if i gain weight switch to the gym later on, does that sound like a good plan or should i take the gym route direcly?
>>
>>41569146
Last post cause I need to gym I'm just gonna post my routine. I dont know if it'll help or not but this is just what's worked for me (after several other attempts at other routines)

Monday/Thursday (Chest/Tris (Push Day)):
-4x5 Flat Barbell Bench Press
-3x8 Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
-3x8-12 Dumbbell Flyes
-3x8-12 Close Grip Bench Press
-3x8-12 Weighted Dips

Tuesday/Friday (Back/Biceps (Pull Day)):
-3x5 Deadlifts
-3x8-12 Dumbbell Rows
-3x8-12 Barbell Rows
-3x8-12 Barbell Curls
-3x8-12 Hammer Curls

Wednesday/Saturday (Legs/Shoulders (Leg Day)):
-4x5 Squats
-3x5 Overhead Press
-3x8-12 Leg Press
-3x8-12 Upright Rows
-3x8-12 Dumbbell Lateral Raises
-4x15-20 Calf Raises

Just go heavy af on bench, ohp, deads, and squats and you'll be fine. Even if you can't lift shit at the moment, your strength will quickly grow as long as you stay consistent with diet and workouts.

Overall just don't stress about it. It does take time but nowhere near as long as you think. You'll start looking better immediately.

>>41569222
Doesn't make a difference really, it's whichever you prefer. Personally I'd just start with the gym immediately but if it makes more sense to get the diet 'routine' so to speak in foundation first before learning all the gym stuff then sure. Spend the two weeks looking up proper form and stuff. Just google 'how to bench press' or 'how to overhead press' etc etc and just watch people doing it. Don't be afraid to ask at the gym for help by the way, 99% of people will happily give you advice when you start.

Good luck friend
>>
Chicken thighs mainly for protein,
Canned pink salmon for omega 3, vitamin d, vitamin b12
Legumes for more protein, fiber, minerals
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds for cheap calories, minerals

Rice, bread on sale, oats, potatoes, etc for cheap calories and supplementary minerals

Kale, tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms for vitamins and minerals
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.