[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heavy Bag Tips, and Gear Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170525_135137_burst_01.jpg (392KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_135137_burst_01.jpg
392KB, 1600x912px
Ey, lads!
Any advice for a newfag trying to punch shit without breaking his hands?

Just got the bag at the moment, and some old gloves from my karate days.
I got a spot on this old stand for a speed bag, planning to grab one at some point.

What do?
>>
File: IMG_20170525_140213_burst_01.jpg (458KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_140213_burst_01.jpg
458KB, 1600x912px
Gloves, if you were interested.
>>
>>41567685
Maintain a straight line from your front two knuckles to your elbow.
Only hit with your front two knuckles.

Strap your wrist if you're not confident.

Don't seek advice from a boxer unless you will be using 16oz gloves, they hook their wrists in their gloves, which is fine if you have a heavy glove for support and dampening, but can easily damage your wrist ungloved.
>>
>>41567726
What in all the fuck?

Just get some $15 mma/MT 4oz gloves and enjoy natural movement without grazing yourself on the bag.
>>
>>41567730
I know the basics, just fishing for different stuff I can do.
How do ya strap your wrist, probably going to need to, I'm a hard puncher.
>>41567746
Most of it's the shitty gloves digging into me, to be honest.
Looking into new gloves.
MMA, you think?
They actually good or is it the same deal with that TAPOUT fad?
>>
>>41567685
With the speed bag, it can be deceiving on TV, You don't hit it after it bounces off the board once, It'll hit the board twice, wall side and then your side, after it bounces off your side then you hit it, can't tell you how many times I've seen people trying to hit the bag back too soon.
>>
>>41567902
Yeah saw a video on it, it's three bounces and hit it before it actually reaches you so you're not chasing it.
Looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>41567891
Strapping wrists saves gainz anon, nothing like a broken wrist to put you out.
Just use some strapping tape from a sports store, they'll help you out if only to seal the purchase.
You just mainly want your wrist to sit so that it lines your front two knuckles up with your forearm.

Avoid tapout shit, but go to any martial arts store and ask for mma comp gloves, they're what you want for natural technique.
>>
>>41567931
I'll look into it, thanks lad.
>>
File: FJIMG_20170526_032735.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FJIMG_20170526_032735.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
>>41567977
Here's what mine look like.
Solid protection on the knuckles/backhand, with structure over the wrist to keep angles straight.
>>
>>41567989
Looks solid.
Used to a bit of extra padding on mine though.
How long do they typically last you?
>>
>>41568113
I destroyed my first pair within a month, spent the extra to get Magnum shit, which is definitely worth it if you're doing matches.
If you're just doing back work, I don't see a cheap pair wearing out on the near future.
>>
>>41568141
Hah, maybe in the future when I get back in shape.
You do matches?
You're sporting MMA gear, you do MMA?
>>
>>41568166
Fight Nights, nothing serious, but it's a load of fun.
>>
>>41568441
I bet.
Closet I been to that is a tournament for karate.
Strictly in-style, and local, nothing big.
Didn't make it too far, in anything other than kata.
Placed second 'cause I showed I fucked up too much.
Also forgot a step.
Bleh.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.