[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rCQOzWc.jpg (166KB, 1440x1260px) Image search: [Google]
rCQOzWc.jpg
166KB, 1440x1260px
How does /fit/ feel about a home gym? I've got a pull up bar, and a 35 lb Kettlebell, and I honestly can get a great workout with just those two pieces of equipment.

It's also much nicer since it's
>quiet and not crowded in my workout space
>can blast the music I like
>can control the temperature
>don't have to travel back and forth to the gym

Anyone else got a home gym? Where do you put it? What are some necessary pieces of equipment for one? Any other tips?

Pic related is not my equipment, but a comfy looking home gym.
>>
>>41564277
>I honestly can get a great workout with just those two pieces of equipment
No you can't
>>
>>41564277
A home gym needs a bench, rack, pull up bar, dip station and of course some weights.
>>
>>41564277
i have an ab wheel and a gazelle
feels good working out in the comfort of my own home
>>
File: 20170524_205343.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_205343.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Just bought the 810xlt last week and it's fucking awesome. I got it for $175(back to $300 now).

>300 lbs of weights + bar = $200
>Old Craigslist elliptical = $80
>Bench $75

Next purchase is either PowerBlocks or those bowflex interchangeable dumbbell things.
>>
>>41564486
>cheap elliptical and ab memewheel
>home gym
pick one and only one, faggot
>>
>>41564532
And I also got Olympic rings on Amazon for dips n shit
>>
>>41564277
>be me
>get up at 4am
>go to gym
>quiet
>no one there
>doing squats
>listening to my music
>resting between sets
>runner looking fag comes in and gets on treadmill
>feel him watching me as I knock out another set
>glance over
>staring right at me
>gives me a smile
>shake my head
>can't I just work out in peace without fucking fags flirting with me?
>set up for bench presses
>fag says something
>pull out my ear bud "what?"
>"I said you're looking good today"
>nod and put my ear bud back in
>get under the bar
>faggot appears over me as if hes going to spot
>sigh, like he could catch the weight if my life depended on it
>finish a set
>hes being overly flirtatious
>fuck it, i need to get to work
>go in to shower
>taking my clothes off
>faggot appears behind me and follows me into the shower
>"you look so fucking sexy today"
>grabs a handfull of my ass
>turns me around and pushes me against the shower wall and starts getting down on his knees
>"Im glad you talked me into putting in a home gym hun."
>"youre welcome"
>>
Bump, homegyms are fucking dope
>>
>>41565078
So you let him suck your dick didn't you?
>>
>>41564277

It's alright if you have a power rack (preferably w/ pull up bar), decent barbell, bench and weights.

You'll probably see better results if you're in a gym where a ton of people squat heavy weights, but GL finding one of those.
>>
decline bench with leg attachment - $300
full rack with high/low pulleys - $500
barbell with 600lb weight set - $800
meme power tower - $80
150lb ironmaster db set - $500

$2k for everything i needed. it's great lads

it's in my basement because can't diddly upstairs and really damp though so kms
>>
>>41565222
Do you regret going with the ironmaster? Any suggestions for something under $300?
>>
>>41565278
absolutely not. I tried the power block and bow flex adjustables at dick's sporting goods and they were pretty terrible. the bow flex ones were half broken which is kinda understandable because they're a display model and you get kids playing with them, but i can't see the ironmmaster ones have the same problem.

>under $300
save until you can buy IMs imo, or buy spinlock/collar handles. the collar ones scare me because i don't trust collars to hold that much weight if i tip the dbs vertically above my head doing french press or something similar. i don't know if they make spinlock ones for olympic plates, i have some old ones from my dad's lifting days with standard size plates, they're alright but hard to get more than 50lb on them

if you bought two pairs of 25s, 30s, 35s and 40s you'd be at the same price of IMs. you can stack up to about 120lbs on a single one with the 150lb set so you won't have to upgrade for a long while, unless you have some weird fetish for doing farmer walks with 200lb dbs instead of a trap bar
>>
>>41565212
>turning down head
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.