[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/, my lower back (see red highlight) is always sore after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lower-back.jpg (22KB, 285x350px) Image search: [Google]
lower-back.jpg
22KB, 285x350px
So /fit/, my lower back (see red highlight) is always sore after my lifts. It's not just the muscles on the surface either, it's a very deep rooted kind of soreness.

It gets very sore after deadlifts. It gets pretty sore after squats. bench and OHP also make it sore, but not as much as the other two.

It feels like this soreness is holding me back from progressing on my lifts as fast as i could. Any advice?
>>
>>41563404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfOdvd-sJ0
watch this. you may suck at it.
Then learn how to lift with a neutral spine.
And check your technique
>>
Your deadlift form is complete shit and you're breaking your back. Stop doing them with weight entirely until you can lift the bar alone perfectly.
>>
>>41563416
>>41563419
The weird thing is that i've been lifting for years and I've never had an issue like this until just recently (past few months)

I've tried taking some time off and seeing if it was due to accumulating fatigue, but that wasn't it either. My form looks at least as good as it's always been so I'm not sure why it's like this.
>>
>>41563419
>Stop doing them with weight entirely until you can lift the bar alone perfectly.
A lot of people cant even get into good position with the bar only. they need weight. You never need to go back to the bar only when fixing the technique.
>>
>>41563437
Okay with some shit weights to get it off the ground. Stop being pedantic. You sure as hell do need to take 90% of the weight off when you're on the verge of ruining your spine
>>
>>41563444
>>41563419
>>41563437
My lumbar spine looks fine when I do deadlifts. my upper back rounds a bit when I start going relatively heavy but otherwise I don't see my lower back giving under loads.
>>
>>41563460
You should be stopping before your upper back rounds at all. If your back is rounding you can't lift the weight.
>>
>>41563474
I usually don't lift enough weight for my upper weight rounds. It usually happens when I lift 90%+

But I usually work in the 75-85% range.
>>
>>41563433
Some injuries aren't instant u know. People with manual labor jobs usually say the same "I've been doing this for ages, why does it all of a sudden hurt in my lower back?"
They've already answered themselves, just as you have. Take some time to analyze your form with regressional weight and take it from there. Don't rush it.
>>
>>41563404
How about stretching? Glutes hams hips
>>
>>41563404
>OHP
>bench
shit how bad is your form OP?
the only reason OHP hits your lower back is if you are tilting. Make sure to ask someone in the gym to see if you are tilting to one side or back.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.