[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help from my vegan bros. I somewhat recently went vegan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: vegan-1091086_960_720.png (439KB, 960x445px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-1091086_960_720.png
439KB, 960x445px
Need help from my vegan bros.

I somewhat recently went vegan (2 months ago) and its great for loosing weight however i'm starting to worry about my protein intake. I can easily reach about 2500-3000 calories a day if I try but only if most of it is from carbs (mainly fruit and rice) and I only get in about 50-80 grams of protein a day. Is this to little if my goal is to get a bit stronger (martial art fag).

Lentils are really really hard for me to eat and
vegan protein powders are insanely expensive. also any tips on foods that are easy to eat to get that protein?
>>
>>41557702
>Lentils are really really hard for me to eat
Chickpeas, black beans, red beans, [legume] high protein pasta
>vegan protein powders are insanely expensive
MyProtein's pea protein isolate is literally cheaper than whey even when adjusted for mass, % protein and taste and has near identical essential amino acid profile, the ratios are within 1-2%.
>also any tips on foods that are easy to eat to get that protein?
Seitan, tofu, tempeh
Penub bubba
>>
Vegan chilli with plenty of beans, chick peas, veggies, some seed or nuts, mix in a spoonful of peanut butter.
You can add this to your rice or wrap it on a tortilla.

You don't need massive amounts of protein to add size and strength.
>>
Just buy regular whey, pretend it's vegan.
>>
lentils can taste very different depending on how you flavor them, i'd suggest giving them another try. also tofu, it's delicious since it takes in whatever you flavor it with, i slice mine thin so they get crispy

all types of beans, i like red kidney and black beans.
>>
File: Wiener___Still_Champion_Logo.gif (33KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
Wiener___Still_Champion_Logo.gif
33KB, 500x534px
>>41557853
WE HAVE A WINNER
>>
>>41557860
>You don't need massive amounts of protein to add size and strength.
That is wrong, whenever I stop trying to get >150g and eat normie food (even healthy and vegan, like pbj sandwiches, pasta with tomato basil sauce, oats with almond milk & fruit) I end up getting 80ish grams and I literally have to deload because I don't recover
Anecdote, true. Take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>41557853
Holy fuck thank you. I tried finding vegan protein powders earlier but could only find really expensive ones.

Beans are pretty hard for me to but edible also thanks for the high protein pasta tips haven't heard of it before.
>>41557874
Will try to do that, thanks. also how much % of calories do you think should be from protons? Since I do know that protein is overhyped but I do not know how much
>>
>>41557900
I should have clarified what I meant by 'massive' amounts. I was more referring to the myth that you need 1g+ of protein per lb of body weight.

Most studies have concluded optimal amounts lay between 0.6 - 0.8g of protein per lb of bodyweight, so 150g sounds about right.. assuming you are around 180-190lbs?
>>
>>41558131
90kg, about 200 lbs
>>41558115
Good luck! But seriously man, learn to cook.
>>
File: elcantante.jpg (19KB, 250x358px) Image search: [Google]
elcantante.jpg
19KB, 250x358px
>>41557702
>mfw millenials shortened the word vegetarian to vegan.
>>
>>41559193
vegetarianism is a sustainable diet practiced by milions of people for thousands of years.

veganism is diet practiced by no one for more than 5 years.
>>
Not OP but holy fuck I quit being vegetarian or vegan unless someone can give me tips to make it EASIER!!! Look, I like the vegetarian/vegan food, I like it more than meat. But it's HARD TO FIX. I can't keep this up. Buying a bunch of fresh vegetables and having to prepare them every day is too much work. No take out restaurant serves good vegan/vegetarian food around here.
>>
peanuts, almonds

tofu is godly calcium and protein

if you have lentils, beans and chickpeas, mash them up or get them as a flour.
its much easier to eat them as fritters, fried cakes, mixed into sweet deserts, salads etc.,

certain kinds of bread have a surprising amount of protein, around 5g per slice (or more!)
>>
>>41559442
eat raw veggies bro. turn them into shakes too. BARE NUTRIENTS N DAT YKNOW
>>
>>41559442
Although veggies are very good for you, you can do a vegan diet without shoving them in your face all day. Lots of beans and peanut butter and tofu and all that goood shit
>>
>>41557702
Lentils you fuckwit. Also there are vegan protein powders out there
>>
>>41559442
If its not sustainable for you then do it. Its that simple
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.