[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

StrongLifts question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0919.png (8KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0919.png
8KB, 313x161px
I'm about to start stronglifts for the first time, I've never seriously lifted before. Unfortunately I only have a membership at Planet fitness because that's the only place I can afford. Is a OHP machine where you sit a reasonable substitute for a regular OHP? All they have is smith machines, too. Fucking bullshit, but until I'm done with paramedic school I can't afford LA fitness or a different local gym.
>>
Also I have some general questions that I can't seem to find answers to. Would it be detrimental to do leg training (leg press and curls) and forearms with this program as accessories? Or is that okay?
>>
>>41556631
they do not have a barbell you can OHP?

if all they have is smith machine then that's all they have. Better to use that then not do squats.

fuck leg press
curls and accessories are fine if they are done at the end and you do not skimp out on main lifts to "save energy for curls"

do not focus too much on accessories. you have plenty of time to worry about rear delts and shit once you graduate from SL.
>>
>>41556812
Understood. And the only barbells they have are pre-weighted, and the highest amount is 60 lbs total. And of course, I would only be doing accessories after the main lifts. Thanks man.
>>
>>41557016
DB OHP may be an alternative. I would avoid machines for this lift.

in that case progression will not be 5lbs per day. do a 5-8 or 8-10 progression on it.I.E. when you can do 10 (or 8) reps increase the weight but be able to do at least 8 (or 5)

Is this how you must row too? with the smith machine?

...son
>>
>>41557225
Unfortunately, yes. That is how I have to do the rows. This is at least for the next month or two, then I'll be changing gyms. Possibly sooner.
>>
>>41556631
The guide literally says that you can't really do SL without a power rack and without free weights or barbells.

The guide even tells you to change gyms if they don't have a power rack or free weights.

I'm sorry anon; you could do a routine, but it wouldn't be SL.
>>
>>41556631
start with get a job 5x8
>>
>>41557295
I have a job that pays pretty well but my living expenses are high and unfortunately as low as possible for my current situation.
>>
>>41557344
>has a job
> cannot afford a $40 gym membership
okay bro
>>
>>41556631

Do you have cable tv? Time to cancel it.
>>
>>41557382
Cancelled already lol only internet not even Netflix bro. I pay almost 500 per month for class. That's why I'm saying once I'm done paying for it I'll be able to change haha
>>
>>41557355
It's not the monthly price, it's the fact that I can't come up with first and last month payment at once
>>
>>41557501
Do you budget at all? It seems that, at least within my circle of friends, the broke ones are the people who only estimate and never bother calculating how much they're spending, how much they're saving, what they need to pay for their bills, etc.
>>
The fuck, how does your gym not have barbells? I'm at a tiny gym in a country with zero gym culture and even they have a squat rack.

Machines are pretty shit if you're trying to build strength because you're basically not using most of the support muscles you need for compound movements.
>>
It's not the same. Use a barbell, if they don't have one use dumbbells.
>>
>>41556631

Come to the next BWG thread, quit planet shitness/
>>
>>41557529
Yes sir I budget, and it's pretty strict, which is why I'm not moving gyms for at least a month. I've been behind on bills before, and it fucking sucks. So i found something that works, and I'm staying to it.
>>41557543
Thanks for the info
>>41557576
Thank you
>>41557587
Will do. Definitely hate planet, don't get me wrong.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.