[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: stressedasfuark.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
stressedasfuark.png
8KB, 225x225px
How do you combat stress /fit/? My job has me fucking shaking with stress and it's killing my sleep and hurting my gains.

I've tried ashwaganda, weed, ginseng, rhodiola, and l-theanine, nothing helps.
>>
Depends on the type of stress

What bothers you?
>>
Care less means no stress
>>
>>41553398
Everything, but mostly my job.
I used to work at Wal-Mart, get screamed at by entitled morons every day, so I switched to a server, and while it's not as bad, I still get stressed out by shitty customers.

I used to be a laid back, chill person before I got that fucking job, now a few years later I'm a neurotic wreck.
>>
>>41553413
It's easy to say, but how do you make yourself care less?
If I lose this job I might not find anything better, I live in a small town without many options.
>>
Try to realize that it's just a job? There are many jobs out there that you can get if you mess this one up. It's not a life or death situation.

I understand that it can be stressful though, I used to work at a restaurant. Just do your best OP. If you mess something up, it's not the end of the world.
>>
>>41553431
There's always other options man. You're a human, you can adapt to anything. Move to a bigger town?
>>
>>41553414
12 year practicing Psychologist here,

Bracket out more time for yourself.
Start with an hour to dedication to strictly yourself and zero contact with the outside world.

Read a book, find a hobby, study that language you always wanted to learn, watch a movie/show, start a journal, look into options for career moves.

Read about boundaries and co-dependencies and where you are lacking on saying, no.

It gets much easier and your choices will improve in time. There is no rush friend.
>>
File: 4399543909030495.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
4399543909030495.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>he fell for the normie meme
>>
Get a different job. Remember that more money is not always worth more stress.

I got a job as a mailman, and while I'll never earn shitloads of money, I get paid well enough, and there is literally zero take-home stress. Also I walks a shitload and it keeps me lean.
>>
Yeah, if weed and ginseng didn't help you, you might as well tie a noose because you're beyond saving.
>>
File: 1491308822394.jpg (94KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491308822394.jpg
94KB, 540x960px
>>41553374
You should try lifting some weights :^)

Jokes aside, how much caffeine do you consume?

In my case, I have a band where I scream a lot so that helps + video games like Rocket League and Dark Souls that are generally slower paced (I often put on a podcast in the background too). Also, going for a walk leaving the phone at home and trying some light meditation (in the form of not thinking) helps clear it all out a bit.
>>
File: 1450377264913.jpg (47KB, 345x383px) Image search: [Google]
1450377264913.jpg
47KB, 345x383px
>>41553414
Haha I feel bad for you dawg, this is why people go to school so they don't get stuck doing retail or service. t. retail lifer
>>
>>41553772
yeah im a death metal drummer and it works realy well
>>
try some REISHI MUSHROOM+NoFap
>>
>>41553414
I know that feel. Been there.
Switched to working at gas station after that, 2 day shifts 2 free day 2 night shifts.
Was chill, but constantly felt tired, cause sleeping was all fucked up.
Could do calisthenics at nightshifts though. Money was shit.
Friend talked me into trying construction.
>get paid for lifting
>possibly meet cool colleagues
>money's good and constantly gets better, as you learn to do new shit
>feel energized after work cause less stress, good sleep
>can do school meanwhile cause boss is cool guy
>did i mention i get PAID to LIFT things?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.