[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? I don't like eating regular food, already substitute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

Thoughts? I don't like eating regular food, already substitute some meals with protein shakes. Should I get this? any cons i should know about?
>>
>>41548499
it's bottled pancake batter and estrogen sold at a premium rate
don't be an idiot
>>
con: having your only nutrition source depend on one company which can charge whatever they want. 200% price increase? oh well, gotta eat!
>>
>>41548527
anything like this that has testosterone instead??
>>
File: vitamix.jpg (84KB, 1002x1500px) Image search: [Google]
vitamix.jpg
84KB, 1002x1500px
>>41548555
a good blender + research + good ingredients

will quickly become cheaper than goylent
>>
>>41548499
Eat real food nigger.
>>
>>41548499
>sipping fag sauce
i'd rather drink straight tap
>>
File: 1487484521586.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1487484521586.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>41548596
>>
wow soylent seems bad! Is this okay? I've been drinking it for breakfast because my doctor recommended it for me for my crohns disease. I like it, am i wrong?
>>
>>41548596
This is where the west is going
Just fucking nuke it all, let's start over
>>
File: 1457957717072.jpg (109KB, 607x340px) Image search: [Google]
1457957717072.jpg
109KB, 607x340px
>>41548672
>tfw born too late to colonize earth
>tfw born too early to colonize space
>tfw call of the wild growing stronger

I want out of this rubber tile society
>>
>>41548646
>crohns disease
boost drinks are just sugary milk drinks with a bit of extra protein. Drinking a glass of milk with a scoop of protein would give you more protein and cost less.

aren't you just supposed to drink a lot more water and avoid too much sugar/irritants?
>>
>>41548710

Water yeah. I can't recall avoiding sugar being a thing for crohns disease but who knows. Fats are more irritant I believe, its different for everyone though.
>>
>>41548527
soy = estrogen is the biggest fucking meme
>>
>>41549357
are you saying that "soy is estrogen" is a meme or are you saying that "soy" is a meme
>>
>>41549377
"soy = estrogen" is the biggest fucking meme

If people are so worried just go get your blood levels checked.
>>
>>41549357
True. People fall for anything on this site
>>
File: 1342834115860.gif (961KB, 179x135px) Image search: [Google]
1342834115860.gif
961KB, 179x135px
>>41548499
i have replaced my M-F lunch with choco and base soylent (coffee is meh and nectar is shit). It helps a lot with cutting being 400 kcal and it's packed with vitamins I usually don't get.
>>
If I were you I would go with MealSquares for meals on the go assuming that's what your intended purpose is. They are made with whole food instead and easier to deal with since you donr have to drink them and worry about temperature. If you're looking for a home meal replacement then I'd suggest looking into a blender like >>41548586 suggested since it will be cheaper and you can pick and choose ingredients for DIY shakes.
>>
>>41548499
>Cons
It's people.
>>
>>41549747
>tfw no "green" veggie soylent flavor
>>
>eating people

Lmao
>>
>>41548536
>company goes under
>starve to death
Is it hard to be that retarded?
>>41549407
Soy is the 'muh jooz' of nutrition.
It's a scapegoat to explain personal failings.
>>
>>41548706
My MAN
>>
>>41548499
Soy gives high estro
>>
>>41550336
REEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU CHRIS MCCANDLESS WAS AN ILL PREPARED SUICIDAL FUCKFACE WHO MADE THOUSANDS OF /OUT/ISTS INTO MORONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>41548706
still plenty of frontiers to explore if you're creative and prepared to take risks
>>
JakeFood is better.
>>
The fact that Soylent has such an almost self-parodic "dystopian new world order" aesthetic is enough to make me avoid it.
>Adverts feature racially ambiguous young adults working office jobs with exaggeratedly forced smiles
>"The future of nutrition, no more need for cooking or variety" is their selling point, not "it's a useful meal replacement"
>Named after a literal science fiction movie
>Buzzfeed "journalists" and Silicon Valley kids now pay exorbitant sums to drink sawdust and aspartame because it feels futuristic
The whole thing is like a MDE skit but real.
>>
>>41548499
It's a expensive soy shake dude, buy a protein powder and make yours.

btw
Soy doesn't do jack shit to your test or estrogens
>>
>Contain all the essentials KNOWN micro to man .

You can't be fucking healthy eating only soy lent

Food is not just macro & micro .
>>
>>41548499
Fix your eating disorder.
>>
>>41548499
if taken consistently it will wreak havoc on your GI. We evolved eating solid foods, not the fucking backyard experiment of some econ student.

I remember reading the founder's AMA and alot of the real indepth biochemistry questions were ignored/buried.
>>
>>41549407
pointing out obvious memes is the biggest fucking meme
>>
>>41549357
soy is the jew of proteins.
>>
>>41549407
It's not a "meme" it's just exaggerated. Soy isn't going to cause gyno but there is some truth to the estrogen link. The main problem with soy is that it's garbage-tier protein that is only hyped up because it's cheap to produce and popular with the vegan cult. No one informed should be buying soy products.
>>
>>41551742
Layne norton is largely responsible for all this dumb IIFYM shit I read everywhere, people thinking macros and micros are everything. The relationship between our metabolism and food is incredibly complex involving so many enzymes and hormones. You can't just replace macros and micros with pills and shakes and think everything is going to be fine long term. That's something both vegans and IIFYM cultists will figure out eventually.
>>
>>41548646

Look into BONE BROTH for Crohns disease

Next time you buy chicken buy a whole one and use the carcass to make bone broth
>>
> There are some public concerns about high consumption of soy, but Rhinehart is quick to dismiss them. "Because we’re not using whole soy, we’re just using the protein isolate…the isoflavone levels are much lower than what they would be in soy flour or tofu. There are some levels, but they’re well below any that have shown to have an effect," he explained. "There was somewhat specious research in the past on what impact soy can have on testosterone levels and those have been widely debunked. We’ve certainly done our research here and we’ll be posting our analysis on the Web as well."

>>41551742
This. Look into all the shit in garlic/blueberries that isnt micronutrients but extremely good for you and useful.
>>
>>41551793

The founder is an autistic software engineer lol.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.