[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 1 Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Hey fit, first time caller, long time lurker.

I have a ton of free time on my hands this summer and I want to lose some weight and get a decent amount of muscle that I'll be able to tone up. Specifically I want to lose belly fat, obvs.

Some more info about me:
>5'6"
>175 lbs
>decently stocky, used to be a runner
>Im a smoker now (half pack a day)
>the only equipment I have is two 20lb dumbbells and two 30lb dumbbells, which Id like to work with before dropping money on a gym membership

I already eat pretty healthy, I cook most of my meals, buy my fruit and veggies organic, and usually alternate between chicken, beef, and assorted seafood, although I like bacon occasionally. The biggest issue I have with food is that I eat too much of it. I don't even eat desserts except for maybe 1 cookie at the end of the day when I'm baked. Help me pls

Pic related, my body type
>>
>>41548017

>smoking

why dont you just kys asap?
>>
>>41548029
I'm trying to kill myself with cigarettes, it just takes so damn long
>>
>>41548017
'Used to be a runner', you can cram that. Exercise. Stop smoking. Stop paying more for 'organic' food because it has no benefits you moron. READ THE STICKY. Get some willpower you doughy fuck. That physique (and therefore your physique) is disgustingly non-athletic; the guy looks like a broken, wet, unmanly, craven, lily-livered, chicken-hearted, limp-wristed namby-pamby.
>>
>>41548017
just drop the money on the gym membership and go workout

fuck your dumbbells
>>
>>41548017
read the sticky you lazy fuck
>>
>physically lazy
>gets fat
>Mentally lazy
>????
>>
All the advice I can give you as a guy who used to smoke and works out at home:
Stop smoking, just quit cold turkey. People do it successfully all the time, don't psyche yourself out, don't look up withdrawal symptoms, just try to put it out of mind. I don't wanna sound like a new age fag, but maybe try meditation just to clear your mind.
Also, start running again. Try just jogging 20 minutes a day. Start doing pushups/pullups/situps every other day for at least 30 minutes, as well as the 20 minute jog. Start counting calories. Thats it, you will see results pretty quickly if you keep to that. Once you start getting in shape up the bodyweight exercise frequency, maybe try doing a split and find ways to work in the dumbbells.
>>
>>41548017
Quit smoking for the love of god. It'll reduce your chances of getting a respiratory disease or condition.

E.g. COPD, emphysema, pneumonia, cor pulmonale, lung cancer, asthma, pulmonary fibrosis, bronchiectasis.

Seriously go to any respiratory ward at any hospital and observe the patients there. 99% of them have a smoking history. You'll never want to touch a cigarette/cigar again.

Your exercise tolerance will sharply decrease, I've seen patients that can barely make it to the toilet from their bed, while on O2 via nasal prongs, using a 4 wheel walker and/or having someone standby to assist them. They're also struggling to breathe as they walk, anxiety rises as they think that they may pass out from 7-10/10 breathlessness.

You could be coughing up green-yellow sputum all the time, some patients need assistance (google percussions+vibrations) to remove their secretions to prevent trapped pathogens from causing a lower respiratory tract infection.

The list goes on, want me to continue?
>>
>>41548017
>stocky
youre just a fatboi
>>
>>41548017
>long time lurker
fapping to cbt doesn't count. Read the sticky u lazy fat fuck.
>>
>>41548017

>tone up

flex a cep and kys
>>
>>41548017

Dumbells are a perfectly acceptable way to get in shape. If you're doing over 12 reps with that 30 pounder, then maybe you should consider getting heavier dumbells. (This includes body weight exercises)

Organic vegetables and fruits are also absolutely advised.

Also, you're not eating healthy if you look like that guy in the photo.
>>
>>41548017
Do meth.
>>
>>41548085
>>41548017
Age? how long have you been smoking? how much more are you going to smoke? those answers will determine whether or not your even worth anyones time here.

in respect to your size, weight, and smoking, you might have already set yourself up to look very sick even when fit.
>>
>>41548017
If you want to lose the weight, make your diet your #1 and #2 priority. Workout with those shit weights you have a little every day, focus on form, your goal is to not lose all your muscle, which is unlikely since you're fat. #3 is do some running sometimes I guess, if you like it, I still reccomend swimming or cycling to fat people tho.

Diet should consist of minimal meat (not cut out completely) ; boiled eggs (under 3 a day) ; brown rice + beans; and a shit ton of salads. No fast food, no dairy products.

I worked with people like you before, you eat a shit load as a habit, always have a salad made, and munch on that when you feel like it, it'll also feel you up hardcore if you're hungry. If you eat anything calorie dense eat it at the very end of the meal.

Weigh yourself regularly, if it doesn't work then you'll have to enforce portion control.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.