[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lactic acid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: lactic.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lactic.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>start any form of leg-based cardio
>get almost instantaneous build up of lactic acid(?) and have to stop for 30 secs
>literally excruciating
>Start again, same things happens but to lesser degree
>repeat a few times until pain gradually subsides and can then keep going for a long time

I'm a /fit/ guy. I can easily knock out a 20km run - stamina isn't an issue. I don't understand what causes this. I've tried no stretching, light stretching, very gentle warm-ups. Nothing helps. Anyone know what the fuck causes this and, if so, is there anything I can do to prevent it?
pic related. it's always worst in the muscles below the knee, but I get it everywhere to an extent.
>inb4 no calves
No. My calves are really well developed.
>>
File: cantstandya.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cantstandya.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>thinking anyone here does cardio
>>
>>41545006
Have you tried taking Magnesium supplements?
>>
So you can't run but still know you can run 20km?

Confusing. Maybe try regular exercise?
>>
>>41545006
>is there anything I can do to prevent it?
Supplement five grams of Beta analine daily. Plenty of studies showing it lowers amount of lactic acid produced and improves cardio results. It's to cardio what creatine is to strength.
>>
>>41545006

maybe - if you are doing leg resistance / squats, anything like that you are building a lot of anaerobic, slow twitch muscles which are going to fatigue rapidly during extended cardio

I'm a runner and cyclist and do minimal leg work and have no problems doing either. When I try to do leg resistance work I get cramping pretty bad.

Either way no pain no gain
>>
Lactic acid isn't your problem. Your legs muscles are probably really tense.

running.competitor.com/2014/01/training/six-lies-you-were-taught-about-lactic-acid_29432/2
>>
>>41545525
>maybe - if you are doing leg resistance / squats, anything like that you are building a lot of anaerobic, slow twitch muscles which are going to fatigue rapidly during extended cardio
You literally don't know how muscle fibers work you fag
>>
File: rossfag.jpg (18KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
rossfag.jpg
18KB, 240x260px
>>41545663
You literally add nothing to this thread, you're just an anonymous retard going "YEAH UR WRONG + FAG" like what the fuck is the point if you're not going to explain why.
>>
>>41545775
Maybe if he had an insanely high proportion of FAST TWITCH muscle fiber he could be so insanely EXPLOSIVE that he would expend max effort immediately and thus fatigue.

Obviously this is not the case and he probably just has tight quads, a muscle imbalance or a postural issue. I just wanted to correct you apparently not knowing what the different types of muscle fiber do.
>>
>>41545405
>>41545519
Thanks bro's. Will look into these.
>>41545525
I squat 3x/week. I'm cutting right now before I hit the beach, hence the cardio sessions. I've been cycling too, and I get the same thing when I start. I guess this should subside in time then, as I build up those fast-twitchers? I fucking hope so. It burns like a motherfucker.
>>
>>41545484
How much of the post did you actually read? It says clearly, I get this at the START of the cardio. I have to stop a few times until the burn subsides. Then I can "keep going for a long time".
>>
>>41545648
>running.competitor.com/2014/01/training/six-lies-you-were-taught-about-lactic-acid_29432/2
Interesting, thanks.
>>
File: sitonheels.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sitonheels.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
>>41545793
Ok. I train for explosive strength. I compete in BJJ (and occasionally MMA). I don't get this problem when I roll, but then I'm not on my feet most of the time.
I have insanely tight quads. I can't sit on my heels, which is a common position in BJJ - I have to posture up on my toes (sucks because I have bad turf-toe in one foot, but I can endure that more than I can endure sitting on my heels). pic related, tfw can't do this and am a blackbelt..
>>
>>41546060

It seems like your muscles are stuck or locked in a tense or a relaxed position and transitioning betweent the two gives you problems. Inform yourself on postural issues and the impact of the kind of shoes and your walking posture have on you. You should be able to run, exercise and stretch without any weird pains, so aim for that
>>
>>41546060
You need to practice doing that buddy, when you're browsing the internet or whatever, get out of your chair and sit like that on a pillow, do it for short stretches of time, 3 minutes is a good first goal.

Also do the first two of these every other day or so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLh0jF5M_gY + probably need some kind of direct hamstring work.

Also foam roll piriformis, IT band, hip flexors every time you squat.
>>
>>41546129
Thanks bro. That's some good stuff. Irony of ironies is that I'm hypermobile, but only in certain directions - I hyperextend my legs at the knees, for example; very very difficult to tap me with armbars, kneebars, kimura's etc.
I can fold right over when stretching out my hamstrings. It gets a little tight in my left leg. I used to play football professionally as a kid, played 30 mins with a torn hamstring and it never healed right.
I also have a slight pronation at the ankles, but my runners are custom fitted to compensate for that. I always pay attention to it during squats.
Will start to include some of these stretches every evening.
>>
You're probably having some kind of weird form while doing your cardio. Look into changing your strides and maybe it won't bug you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.