[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Scooby's intermediate routine (PPLx)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: gnome.png (72KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
gnome.png
72KB, 225x225px
Has anyone here tried Scooby's intermediate routine? I have a pullup bar and dumbbell set, so this perfect to get familiar with working out and breaking out of a completely sedentary lifestyle.

I had good results with his beginner program and moved up to the intermediate a few weeks ago. Starting with his beginner routine, I could barely do a single pullup, but now I'm up to 7 from a full rest. Took about 2 months.

The intermediate routine seems like a good start to get used to a PPLx schedule. Has anyone tried this or his "advanced" routine?

http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

http://scoobysworkshop.com/advanced-workout-plan/
>>
>>41544595
HANS, YOU IGNORANT BEER-SWILLING GNOME
>>
Scooby is an extremely opinionated individual. He preaches wellness and is very intelligent, but he has a problem with looking down on people and the life choices they make. I don't mean making fun of landwhales or laughing at disgusting hamplanets, I'm taking about very specific and ridiculous things.
If you honestly think there's something wrong with indulging in a snack food every so often and use other people's choices to feel better about yourself, you have a serious problem socially. He tries backing this insecurity with his inept use of the word 'physics', which he hardly understands, even on a micro level.

He's also been lying for nearly a decade about taking anabolics, so there's that.
>>
He might be closer than you think :>)
>>
>>41546435
but squats are dangerous?
Just leg press, leg curl and play nigball for the same results bruh
>>
>>41546466
KEK Exactly my point.
The guy takes roids and has the nerve to not only act natty but creates an entire personality around it throwing out shitty advice left and right.

You're better off centering your routine around the hodge twins.
>>
File: hedge duo.png (110KB, 1545x418px) Image search: [Google]
hedge duo.png
110KB, 1545x418px
>>41546495
>not lifting whatever the FUCK you wanna lift
>>
>>41546503
KEKEKEKEKE holy shit that's gold
>>
>>41546495
Yeah, not to say things he does dont necessarily work, but the way he preaches his way, which is extreme (fitness is his life) When I first started lifting weights, i thought i had to follow his dogmatic beliefs in everything, which led to me getting sick and tired of the gym and weighing food i didn't even like.
IMHO telling people to eat some healthier foods and eat less as a starting point than weighing and tracking macros, which isnt that important for a newbie, unless they are stalling hard
>>
>>41546495
>You're better off centering your routine around the hodge twins.
What would you say is a Hodge-twins style program?
>>
>>41544595
>click on his advanced program
>"It might take up to a year to reach 20 pushups and 10 pullups"
>15 sets for chest a week on an ADVANCED bodybuilding routine
>the only barbell exercise in the entire routine is sldl
Is it at all possible that scooby got the body he has now through the routines he puts out on his site? It seems ridiculous
>>
>>41546670
Nah, he didnt get a body like he does doing meme shit like that in the gym.
Probs standard routine at the gym with some good ol' anabolics they just keep his test in check ;)
>>
>>41546435
So do you think his intermediate routine is a reasonable program for an average dyel? I live in the forest and don't have access to a gym. Just my pullup bar and dumbbell set.
>>
>>41547052
I don't see why you wouldn't make gains off of it, so long as you mean you have adjustable dumbbells you can buy more plates for. If you just have a pair of fixed weight dumbbells, you'd be better off doing a bodyweight routine.
>>
>>41547170
Good deal. I have an adjustable dumbbell set and I'm tracking my progress steadily, shooting for 8-14 reps and focusing on developing solid form.

I'm slowly moving up in 5 lb increments when needed and find that taking notes of each session has been very helpful. Thanks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.