[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eating iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: nails-1130971_960_720_(1).jpg (223KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nails-1130971_960_720_(1).jpg
223KB, 960x540px
Do you eat iron? How relevant is it to bodybuilding? I just realized none of my supplements have it and I barely get the daily recommended 10mg from food. And the pills are 50-100mg so obviously 10mg isn't that much.
>>
Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen from your lungs to transport it throughout your body. Hemoglobin represents about two-thirds of the body’s iron. If you don't have enough iron, your body can't make enough healthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells. A lack of red blood cells is called iron deficiency anemia.

You might need more iron, either from dietary sources or from an iron supplement, if you:
Work out a lot (intense exercise can destroy red blood cells)

seems pretty important desu even though I haven't felt the mentioned side effects
>>
>>41543696
just lick barbells and pl8s from time to time...
>protip
if you are using liquid chalk or magnesium you will have almost full range of multivitamins
>>
My highschool football coach used to chew on nails when he was a kid because his dad said it would make him tougher.
Fucking retard.
>>
eat veggies
>>
I bought some iron pills for my gf because she was a low energy faggot and we thought she may be anaemic.

But, being a typical girl she didn't stick with it because actually fixing problems is a problem for women, they'd rather moan about things than fix them

>iiim coooold
>then put on a sweater
>no im ok

>iiim hungry
>do you want <insert food we have available>
>no i dont want that

etc

anyway fuck you i started taking the iron pills and they gave me horrible black sticky shits.

so enjoy that if you start supping with iron.
>>
>>41543696

I never took iron or supplements for years, constantly exercising, and being vegetarian.

Iron is naturally abundant in most natural foods. I eat organic 90% of the time so I know I am getting crops that grew in properly enriched soils.

The other thing is eating from cast iron. I don't "season" the pan, I stir fry and soap and water cleanup on it. Any "rust" you see forming is just extra iron to eat.

I guess if you want a dose of iron you could just leave a wet paper towel in the cast iron and cover overnight. The next day oxides will form and then you can just stir fry on it.
>>
File: Junji-Ito-horror-manga-Shuiichi.jpg (109KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
Junji-Ito-horror-manga-Shuiichi.jpg
109KB, 512x768px
>>41545150
>>41544063
Eventually you'll level up your mouthnail skills to the point where you can spit them at your enemies like darts
>>
I noticed if I don't eat red meat for a while I start to feel like shit. Beef in particular. Apparently iron pills are shit at absorbtion and give you ridiculous shits also. so haven't tried them.
>>
You can pretty much add rust to your food to get iron. I have had iron poisoning from drinking some weird alcoholic beverage that has like 10g of iron dissolved (black shit)
>>
>>41543696
Eat some liver instead
>>
>>41545150
That would work tho. The supplemental iron they stick in shit like cornflakes is actual iron, but in a very fine powder.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.