[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 42

File: napo.jpg (34KB, 564x563px) Image search: [Google]
napo.jpg
34KB, 564x563px
Old >>41531835
Let's say I have a routine with three days of strength training and two other days of cardio. If I eat above TDEE on the strength days and below TDEE on the cardio days for an average of at-TDEE for the whole week, will that have any different results than eating at TDEE every day?
>>
File: IMG_0922.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0922.png
37KB, 700x600px
I'm intermediate and training some new gym bros (we're all gunna make it together brah)
Can I put them on pic related (what I'm doing? Or should I just throw them on SS?
>>
>>41543484
Yes that's fine. I would throw in chinups on B too tho. Can't really do too many of them.
>>
>>41543453
Is there a 6 days a week routine that has the ebin "squat eryyday" thing?
Also that includes power cleans. I haven't find one, most of them are max 4 days.
>>
File: gainz cake.jpg (224KB, 844x1059px) Image search: [Google]
gainz cake.jpg
224KB, 844x1059px
>>41543453
Alright, how does pic related work? how the fuck does it raises/gains volume with just a scoop of whey + egg white?
I remember doing the meme mugcakes and they needed flour
also does it taste any decent? Thought of doing a scoop and a whole egg instead of just the whites for a nice undrr 200kcals snack
also need an excuse to get rid of this shitty chocolate whey
>>
I'm doing a skimpy swimsuit cosplay at a con in about a week. About a month ago I started running every other day in an attempt to look better for said cosplay. I've lost a bit of weight, but unfortunately my stomach is still a bit flabby. Is there anything at all I can do to flatten my stomach out in a week? I know it's a long shot, but I'd like to look my best for this if possible.
>>
My lower back aches after doing low bar squats. I think it is because of my butt wink. Anybody here managed to overcome this problem? Any tips?
>>
Got some tofu because it was discounted and the macros looked nice, but I don't know what to eat it with

Any suggestions?
>>
Saw an article recommend eating 700-100 kcal above maintenance on training days and like 300 below maintenance on rest days, for minimising fat gain somehow. That's retarded right?
>>
Will Rippletits tear my head off if I only do 3x5 OHP? I get burnt out on the last set or two so I'm only able to increase weight every third B day or so.
>>
>>41544296
youre supposed to do 3x5 OHP
>>
>>41544366
Wew. Okay. Thanks.
>>
>>41544220
vegeterian stir fry sauce, garlic and deglaze with rice wine.

thats just for the tofu. you could serve with rice or whatever you want. if its white tofu you can braise it
>>
>>41544183
sorry, i don't have a slutty butt that winks at every burly muscleman in the gym.
>>
Is it okay to work out with whiplash or will i hurt my neck. It's push day
>>
What accessories should I add to SL if I feel that I have some energy left? For reference, it's
>A
Squats, bench presses, barbell rows
>B
Squats, overhead press, deadlifts

I thought about doing chinups and something for my arms since I feel like my shoulders and arms are lacking but I have no idea where to add them. I've seen people suggest adding them to A and B both.
>>
File: railroadvillain[1].jpg (20KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
railroadvillain[1].jpg
20KB, 300x204px
>>41544514
Dude, no. He'll tie you to railroad tracks and a train will run your neck over.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (33KB, 187x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
33KB, 187x523px
>>41543453
i've been "lifting" for the past 8 months with adjustable dumbbells only. finally bought a power cage and barbell setup. i want to train for hypertrophy. what's a good beginner/intermediate program for aesthetics? i know brosplits are retarded. im looking at candito's linear program, the strength/hypertrophy version. pic related. any better ones out there?
>>
Is there a /fit/ recommended calorie calculator?

I'd like a better idea of how many calories I should be consuming.

I currently consume 2400 kcal a day, ~210g of protein a day, and have just started Strong Lifts 5x5 (been at it a week and a half). I have, however, not gained any weight the past 2 times i've weighed myself.

I'm 6 foot 3 and 87.5kg (192 lbs)
>>
>>41544078
Read the sticky, lurk more, go to the gym

However, since I'm not a fan of condescending posts that don't help in some way: 80% of weight loss is diet. There's no way to make the change you want in a week, but you can get started on long-term change. Find your TDEE, eat at a deficit with balanced macros, lift hard, only run sprints. We're all gonna make it.

Also post pics of you in swimsuit pls
>>
Anyone watching WSM? What's going on and wo's in the lead? It's surprisingly difficult to find information about it
>>
>>41544755
MyFitnessPal works for me, iPhone app.
>>
File: 14888702323455.gif (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
14888702323455.gif
1MB, 800x450px
Are pull-ups better for lats than chin-ups? What grips should I use?
>>
>>41544755
>according to https://healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator i should be eating 3500 kcal a day

pls no i feel sick even making it to 2400

save me

I don't think I could even afford that
>>
>>41543453
im stuck on this stubborn fat fat loss phase

weight always yo-yoing from 66-68kg, for eg. yesterday I tracked everything, over-estimated some(a ~350g seabass with tomatoe salad 638kcals), ended the night at a 300 deficit and still gained weight
fuck me, I just want to get rid of this stubborn fat to finally bulk but its taking ages
>>
>>41544789
I use that to track my calories and macros but not much else; i set 2400 kcal as a custom goal and a custom protein goal of ~210.

What do you think 3 90 minute gym sessions a week would make me under "activity level" in this app? Lightly active?

My country's health service (britbong, NHS) classes going to the gym regularly as "very active", which is retarded.
>>
When to take BCAA?

Before or after a workout? Or just in the morning/evening?
>>
>>41544830
>getting rid of fat so you can bulk

Anon you WILL gain fat when you bulk.
>>
>>41544768
I don't mean actual weight loss, I mean any tips to just appear less bloated or w/e, like what should I eat, should I just not eat hardly at all for a few days, etc.

I know I'm not going to lose actual weight in a week

Also I'd post pics but I'm still making the costume...
>>
>>41543453
Maybe marginally better to fluctuate. Do it if you want. The best way to manage it is to plan your diet around TDEE and just have a post-workout shake be the difference on strength days.

>>41543722
Gnuckols has some semi-"Bulgarian" squat every day plans where Deads are thrown in on some days. Just do your Power Cleans as part of your Squat or Deadlift warmup, as they are gonna be lighter than the Sq/Dl.

>>41544078
Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet. It is a PSMF.

>>41544183
Stretching. Get in the squat position and force your knees out with your elbows. Also check to see if your back angle is constant coming out of the hole, if you are allowing your hips to rise faster than your shoulders then that will strain your back more.

>>41544281
Not retarded at all. Makes a small difference/improvement actually.

>>41544523
Chins and pullups are great. So are dips. You could do chins on monday, dips on wed, pullups on friday. Or do a superset of chins and dips every day if you have the energy.

>>41544609
Aesthetics? Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine.
>>
>>41544804
Yes, pullups stress your lats more, while chinups stress your biceps more.
I assume you already know the difference in grip between a pullup and a chinup.
See pic related. In all figures, the drawn arrow points to the center of the bar.
Wide grip (fig III) give the best gains because it isolates each side of your body for work. (kind of brosciency, hope somebody can correct me) You'll have a longer force moment, so it'll be more difficult. Choose this one for all strength-building purposes. The distance between your thumbs will be about the same as the distance between your hips.
Close grip (fig I) is easier than wide grip. The distance between your thumbs approaches zero.
Your bar may have a neutral grip (fig II). Whatever exercise uses these, I would call it neither a chinup nor a pullup.
>>
File: Plupgrip.jpg (244KB, 582x640px) Image search: [Google]
Plupgrip.jpg
244KB, 582x640px
>>41545005
Forgot the picture
>>
>>41544804
Marginally. The big difference is that the pullup works the rotator cuff more than chins while chins work more bicep.

Depends. If you only do them once/week then any grip you like. If you do them often, alternate which ones you do and mix up your grip widths on different sessions to avoid elbow pain from overuse of the tendons.

>>41544855
They are a meme. Whey is full of BCAAs. Leangains guy suggests them for before a fasted workout FWIW. Around a workout is the best time for this kind of thing.
>>
Deadlifts on Pull or Leg days? Whenever I do deadlifts on pull days I can never do max efforts for my other lifts, how do I counteract this?
>>
File: 1494576930329.gif (1MB, 238x190px) Image search: [Google]
1494576930329.gif
1MB, 238x190px
Can anyone recommend a TDEE calculator that's actually accurate? Every one I use says I can have a huge number of calories (2900-3200), but I'm positive I eat way less than that and I'm not losing weight.
>>
File: barbells.jpg (25KB, 901x274px) Image search: [Google]
barbells.jpg
25KB, 901x274px
Is there an infographic on barbell sizes and their weight? I know the thick one with bearings is the standard size 20kg/44lbs. My gym has six different sizes of barbells besides the olympic one. I asked someone who worked there, but he didn't know the weights either.

also, what is the purpose for each size/weight barbell?
>>
>>41544992
I do dips once every two workouts
>>41545005
Thanks ,I'll do wide grip pull-ups then since I'm looking for an exercise to work my lats.
>>
asked this yesterday but didnt get a reply:

is adding brosplits as accessory exercises to the main 5 lifts (diddly, barbell rows, bench, squat, ohp) okay? I do those and then add in a few bodyweight things and shit like curls and tri extensions
>>
Are BCAAs worth it? I want to make some serious gains. When and how often should I take them?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-23-15-34-46.png (360KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-23-15-34-46.png
360KB, 1080x1920px
>>41545174
From IWF website
>>
>>41545174

Only the Olympic bar is standard the others can really vary dramatically
>>
>>41545211
>>41545174
Oh shit I thought you were talking about plates, not bars. Sorry anon.
>>
>>41545205

nigga: >>41545033
>>
>>41545225
>>41545230
im doing greyskull right now and I'm adding 1.25 - 1.5kg every workout, but the lowest plate is 1.25kg for the olympic barbell, while the smaller barbells have .1kg weights
how can i fix this?
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
I'm switching to Phraks' Greyskull Variant on Wednesday.

I'm confused about the programming - do you alternate days per week (i.e. AxBxAxxBxAxBxx) or do you just do those same three workouts a week?

Anything else I should know about Greyskull before going in? I have done a few beginners programmes but have heard Greyskull will continue to give for a while.
>>
>>41543453
>start using protein powder 3 days ago
>have dropped 3 pounds in 3 days
What is going on here, is this shit magic?
>>
Today I realised that I cant brace properly at the bottom of the deadlift. My core doesnt feel nearly as tight as when I squat. And when I realised that I tried to flex it hard and almost shited myself. What do?
>>
>>41545362

>Not shitting yourself at deadlifts

Never gonna make it
>>
>>41545459
kek
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
How long does cooked chicken last in the fridge?

A week?

>tfw realised I've been eating too little and need another 800 kcal a day so i need to go fucking nuclear and autistically plan out all my week's meals in advance

>including measuring out peanut butter and oats before work and putting them into individual food bags so i know i'm eating the right amount for breakfast once i'm at my desk
>>
File: IMG_20160406_002155.jpg (108KB, 576x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_002155.jpg
108KB, 576x664px
Are there any recommendations for powerlifting shoes or reasons to get them?
>>
You gais what else do i need to do for shoulders? i do OHP, seated shoulder press, lateral raises, side lateral raises, lu raises, arnold press, behind the neck press, front raises, upright row (correct ROM fags) and rear delt flyes. What am i missing i want yuge fucking shoulders niggers?
>>
File: 1479002757646.png (136KB, 468x310px) Image search: [Google]
1479002757646.png
136KB, 468x310px
>>41543453
How much does cutting interfere with strength levels? I've only been scaling back on my portions and snacks for like, a week, but I felt weak as fuck today. Used to hit 95 OHP no problem, but I've been struggling with that lately. I still got a bit of chub, so I figured I'd be fine with cutting a bit, but maybe I was mistaken.

I don't think I've platued on SS, but I don't really know when I'm supposed to switch either.
>>
How badly does cardio kill gains?

I'm doing my first cut and was looking to throw some cardio in to shed the weight faster. If i still maintain my 200g protein per day, will i be okay?
>>
Just started SL and after the first day of bench I haven't been able to fully extend my right arm without pain. Did I fuck up my arm or is this just DOMS?
>>
What's the best way to tell people who circuit train at 6 different stations that nobody likes them and they really need to fuck off?
>>
What to do between sets if I don't have a smartphone or listen to music when working out?
>>
I'd like an upper body program that doesn't deal with %s like Sheiko and is a lot higher volume than SS or SL. Right now I do SS plus a shitheap of dumbell exercises at the end because I wanna feel something of a burn when I get done so I'm looking for something with high volume, possibly like an hour per workout not counting cardio and warm ups.
>>
>>41546697
If 95 is in lbs you should probably just focus on gains right now and start cutting at the end of the year instead.
>>
>>41547505
Stretch brah. That's what I do.
>>
>>41547474
>get on one of their machines when they finish
>if they bitch tell them you thought they were done and you shouldn't have to wait for them to complete their whole workout
>>
>>41546668
I think that's enough and I swear to FUCK if you do ANY of those before doing OHP I will FIND you and stomp a mudhole in your manlet shoulderlet faggot ass.
>>
how much exercise should i do before having a protein shake?

>>41545679
/ck/ here. Chicken doesn't belong in the fridge, it belongs in the freezer. It spoils within almost three days. A week is way too long. Like, it could still be good even after a week, but I wouldn't risk it. Chicken is like the last meat you want to eat spoiled.
>>
>>41545679
You could freeze it and then cook it a night or two before brah.
>>
How should one use creatine and what are the benefits?
>>
Applied for the army, want to go for paratrooper, royal marines or vehicle driving lad, how should I start training from this point? I've had experience lifting and doing calisthenics but this past month I've become a hungry skeleton and not been excercising much. 5'10 145lbs
>>
What swimming cap should I purchase to avoid chlorine absorption in my hair/scalp/ears?

What should I purchase or make to negate the absorption of chlorine into my body?

Thank you.
>>
>>41544078
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I'm in a similar position, was gonna try water fasting in the days leading up to it just for that temporary drop-off in weight you get with it
>>
Has anyone else experienced diarrhea and generally bad shits while taking Vitamin D supplements?

99% of the time my shits are perfect, but for the past month I've been having constant diarrhea and near-diarrhea. The only thing I changed in my diet was that I started to take 1000IU of D3 a day. I stopped taking it and within 2 days my shit was back to normal. Then I waited a week, started taking the D3 again, and my shit turned back to diarrhea. Right now I haven't taken it in a week and my shits are perfect.

Did I just get a bad batch/brand?
>>
>>41547909
>how
5g a day, take whenever, no loading phase, take for life if you so desire
>why
up to 5% strength increase, whatever arbitrary delay of lactic acid threshold, some sarcoplasmic hypertrophy due to water retention for some people, standard crea mono is dirt cheap so even if you're a non responder (they exist) there's not much lost.
>>
>>41547888
Normally id come back with some witty ass shit you DYEL loser but i give in to your trips, queerbait. (OHP is always first shithole)
>>
>>41547945
>>
>start smolov squat based on excel spreadsheet acquired from some online source
>fill in current 1RM in KG
>introductory cycle is easy as fuck
>mesocycle seems pretty steep though
>add 5kg almost every day
>almost injure myself on day 8 of mesocycle
>look at schedule again
>i've been using pounds this entire time
the entire schedule seems so much more forgiving now that it's in KG
At least I've improved my 1RM
But since I feel I've almost injured myself, should I take a break from squatting?
>>
>>41547998

I better not need to tell you to do low sets high reps you pisscurtain.
>>
>>41547801
One of you guys has to know something I can do. Should I just go into a routine thread and make a custom?
>>
>>41547945
>>
>>41548014
first of all: LMAO WHAT
that out of the way, take a week off, get some good rest and food, and start anew with the correct weights. smolov can and will ruin you as is, not to mention if you're too dumb to handle it.

>>41548031
PPLPPx (or ULULUx if you still want some amount of legs), fill in whatever compound lifts and meme broshit you desire, it's not rocket science.
or do smolov jr. for bench and ohp topkek
>>
>>41548055
lel forgot an x each time, you can cycle it that way but you probably shouldn't given enough volume.
>>
>>41548025
No, you sure as shit DO NOT, you skelly dicknugget furfag
>>
>>41548055
a friend of mine sent the spreadsheet to me, assuring me it was in KG
because the introductory cycle was so doable, I assumed it to be correct. After the mesocycle was getting increasingly ridiculous, I thought I'd check out the readme
Idunno it seemed pretty clear cut to me at first, so I ignored to readme
>>
>>41548110
it happens, at least you noticed before you seriously hurt yourself kek
keep going, it's great stuff, just be sure to use the right units this time.
>>
>>41548110
>assuring me it was in KG
friend confirmed for wanting to see you dead. do you have a smoking hot gf and/or lots of money?
>>
>>41548130
>>41548124
He was doing the exact same schedule as me and was pretty surprised by how heavy it was as well
>>
I lost like 20 lbs and I look in the mirror and it looks like I've lost nothing. I went from 180 to 160, 5'4", and fairly muscular.

Do I have dysmorphia? I didn't see my grandparent's for a few weeks and they said I looked like I lost weight even though they didn't know I was trying to.
>>
if I don't get doms does that mean I'm not lifting hard enough or that my body is getting used to lifting?
>>
File: 1484621092705.gif (858KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
1484621092705.gif
858KB, 200x267px
>>41548153
NEWEST DANGEROUS TEEN CRAZE: GETTING SQUISHED BY A BARBELL FOUR TIMES THEIR BODYWEIGHT

MORE AT 11, STAY TUNED
>>
>>41548163
How long have you been lifting? After a month AT MOST you wont get those sweet sweet DOMS anymore
>>
>>41547945
Bumping
>>
>>41548189
well I'm getting back to lifting after like 6 months of inactivity and I've been at it for about two weeks

I do feel some degree of soreness but it's not almost incapacitating like it was after my first day
>>
Started working out about 3 weeks ago and I gained about 10 pounds despite eating a 750-500 calorie deficit. Am I fucked up?
>>
>>41543453
why is I Am Devloper giving relationship advice?
>>
>>41543453
how much volume (per week) is necessary to grow arms? i went from 12" to 14" in 8 months with 4x8 3x a week. how the fuck do i get from 14" to 16"?
>>
File: chasing-the-pump.jpg (147KB, 1200x622px) Image search: [Google]
chasing-the-pump.jpg
147KB, 1200x622px
Quick
I'm about to head into the grocery store....and my pump has faded...how do I get it back?
>>
File: 1488475668441.jpg (9KB, 261x211px) Image search: [Google]
1488475668441.jpg
9KB, 261x211px
I've been doing SS while on a caloric deficit for a few months now and I've had to deload a few times. Is it time I move on to something else? I recently started doing a lot of bodyweight and cardio on my off days with my girlfriend.

Is it better that I just move on to a different routine or should I just keep trying to progress with SS? I feel like im not getting much out of it anymore.
>>
>>41548207
Then you're not eating at a deficit
>>
>>41548353
implying nutrition and sleep on point, biceps recover in like 36 hours and triceps in roughly 48. you can literally fuck them up with volume every other day, of course that would influence your other big lifts badly at some point but my point is, don't shy off doing more for them as long as you don't sabotage your compounds.

also
>shitload of chinups
>zottman curls
>superset bicep and tricep stuff
>dropsets
>cable stuff because muh constant tension
>forced negatives
>flexing occasionally throughout the day (look up YT bb show how tos on how to correctly do that) supplies blood flow and helps insertion definition in the long run
>>
>>41548401
You won't get much progress out of anything on a deficit after your noob gains have faded. Either start eating in a surplus, lift hard and cut later, or focus on weight loss without trying to improve your strength for the time being.
>>
>>41548442
So what kind of lifting should I do, because my primary goal right now is to just get to reasonable healthy weight

i started at 339lbs and im at 225lbs now at 6'1 so i still have a good amount of weight to lose.
>>
>>41548468
Shieeet nigga, that's pretty hardcore. Congrats on the progress though. I have no set approach to weight loss because I never was really fat and most of my leaning out is done by nutrition, but a friend of mine had great results with http://mikemahler.com/articles-videos/fat-loss/experience-rapid-fat-loss-with-kettlebell-circuit-training (you can substitute dragon flags and hanging leg raises for whatever lower ab exercise you might be able to do at your weight). If you have no kettlebells, dumbbells work too.

Oh and a fuckton of low-impact (i.e. no running, use bike/elliptical/stair/rower) HIIT cardio of course, full fucking force on wednesdays and saturdays and somewhat lower intensity after lifting days.
>>
>>41548548
Thanks I appreciate the kind words, I think i'll just keep doing compounds but maybe add a little more volume and just try to preserve what little strength I have while i'm burning fat.
>>
>>41548584
Fine by me. Just don't expect any considerable progress (as per your initial question). On a considerable cut such as yours, not getting weaker is the main focus. Noob gains are fun but they fade pretty fast at a deficit.

Also still somewhat mirin dedication. 339 is no laughing matter.
>>
How do I build lats? I do chin ups and facepulls, but I don't feel like they're growing much.
>>
>>41548627
It hasn't been easy but I'm getting there, its improved my life in every conceivable way. I'm a little concerned about loose skin but whatever.

I figured I won't be able to make progress but my primary goal is fat loss until I'm no longer overweight so I guess I'll just have to be okay with not making strength gains for a time.
>>
>>41544220
treat it like its meat. cook as if its meat.
>>41544281
you burn more on lifting days and need more energy, doing nothing around house theres no need to eat extra.
>>41544830
IF or water fast.
>>41545053
its both legs and pull. do deads last but also consider that deads will tire out your CNS hard and can prevent you from doing any other good lifts on that day. You can try adding in rack pulls to reduce the load if you want.
>>41545342
no, but doing it for a meal only can really help weight loss.
>>41545362
the squatt plug is the tool to prevent shitting dude.
>>41546738
it will only tire you out preventing you from do full reps. you also dont need 200g of protein as i doubt you are 200 lbs of lean muscle.
>>41546747
its doms. stay strong.
>>41547897
protein shake is just a boost of protein. use it as a meal substitute or extra boost when you feel tired.
>>41547990
interesting you say that. I actually got constipated when taking vitamin D. after about 2 weeks my body adjusted and im currently on 2000IU (brand is sportron d plex). I recommend you take vitamin d with a bite of fat, grab a piece of cheese and eat it with it. try that, if still bad then find better brand or just quit.
>>
File: progress.png (745KB, 720x1440px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
745KB, 720x1440px
Week 12.

Should I go for THICC or Ottermode?
>>
>>41548772
Go for lose "weight and lift" mode. You're nowhere near either of them senpai
>>
Applied for the army/navy going for paratrooper, armoured regiment in army, undecided on what navy role I'd go for.

How should I start training from this point onwards? I've had experience with 5x5 and doing calisthenics but I've never stayed consistent with routine or diet. This past month I've become a hungry skeleton and not been eating much or excercising.

I'm 5'10 145lbs, my 1.5 and 3 mile times are real good but can't remember the exact times.
>>
>>41548781
I am only 3 months in working out from nothing I dont know better desu. :^(
>>
>>41548801
Don't set goals that large. Small steps lead to big changes.
>>
>>41548201
thats just body adjusting. it goes away pretty much forever after 6 months of solid lifting. doing light weight high volume can pump blood to muscles and can help recovery.
>>41548660
just keep doing each compound lift, and add in accessories. dont worry about rountines until you are done cutting, your lifts will stall eventually but its ok because your weight is priority not lifts.
>>
>>41543453
Dumb question, If I'm trying to lose weight do I have to cut all alcohol?
>>
>>41548835
Yes. Alcohol is the most useless drain of calories.
>>
>>41548850
Can I drink afterwards I get to my ideal weight and I keep excercising?
>>
>>41548859
Yes. But if you're trying to lose weight, alcohol is an unnecessary strain on an already tight calorie budget. Aside from the carb content, alcohol has 7 kcals per gram
>>
>>41548859
yes. consider alcohol as carbs adding calories.
>>
How's the routine looking?

Lower weight RDLs 4x12 on leg day
>>
>>41548788
IDK about your limey bastard shits, but the US Army has a field manual FM 7-22 that outlines the complete training plan for basic, all the calisthenics and the running plan. They also publish guides for soldiers to train by. Check out your branch. Call the recruiter, or search online.
>>
>>41548874
>>41548875
Interesting, I'll cut my alcohol intake to 0 until I get into my ideal weight. Thanks anons.
>>
How do I fix buttwink?
>>
>>41548900
the fuck is "The Bakery"
>>
At what bf% does one start to lose love handles? Or do I need to go to Yohimbine to help accelerate their loss? Are there any muscles I can target to strength my lower back/around the love handles? I've lost weight and gained definition everywhere else, now I have some thick girly love handles left in my lower back.
>>
Does anyone have the leangains cheat sheet?
>>
File: 1490228583927.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490228583927.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
What would happen if you were lifting to make gains but not eating correctly?
>>
>>41549680
u would b wasting ur time fgt
>>
22/just moved out/still learning not to be a complete retard with money

if I work out in the morning, can I just drink coffee/tea instead of pre-workout since I consume those drinks regularly anyway?
>>
newbie here I see people recommending and posting their routines
for example
3 x 5 deadlift
5 x 5 squat
5 x 8 bench
5 x 5 ohp
and I was wondering does this mean all you do when you go to the gym is these exercises in the routine that many times on what ever weight you're currently able to lift?
>>
>>41549711
yeah thanks for the serious and well though out answer.

>>
>>
>>41549746
what tf else did u wanna hear???
>>
>>41549680
If you had not trained previously you would gain some muscle and strength although not as quickly as if you had eaten properly, if you're eating too much you'd also gain fat and if you're eating too little you'd also lose weight

If you are past a complete novice you'll probably stay about where you are just slowly slide in one direction of gaining or losing weight or see-sawing depending on how you're eating while your strength won't change significantly
>>
>Go from fatfat to skinnyfat
>5'8, 154lb

I'm going to change to maintenance eating and lift 5 times a week up from 3, with 1 day of cardio. Will this work for getting out of dyel mode?

According to calculators I've found, my maintenence calories would be around 2,600 a day. Does that sound right?
>>
>>41549738
>and I was wondering does this mean all you do when you go to the gym is these exercises in the routine that many times on what ever weight you're currently able to lift?
Can you reword this? Not sure I follow you
>>
>>41549738
Yes and no. Most people will warm up for a couple of sets beforehand. I'm a fucking faggot, so I only do one warmup set per exercise at half weight, but some people will do 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and then commence the routine they post at their normal weight.
>>
>>41549738
A proper program will tell you not only exercise and set/rep schemes but also give you a way to progress
For example SS has you put on 2.5 or 5 lbs each time for cleans/bench/press, 5 or 10 for squats, and 5-15 for deads
That also doesn't include warmup sets which you should be doing no matter the exercise to prevent injury and keep your progression consistent
You can't just pick out whatever what you feel like that day or you'd never be able to judge if/how you're moving forward

>>41549727
Yup

>>41549629
Lower than you're at right now if you can still see them / No / obliques and erector spinae

>>41549800
Yes, but slower than if you ate at a nominal caloric surplus of 500 per day or so
For your TDEE 2600 is possible at your height and weight
>>
>>41549770
this
>>41549786
>>
>>41549840
So if I smashed out roughly 3k calories a day, which I would probably have to achieve through protein powder or bulking supplements, I wouldn't gain back the fat I spent so much time trying to lose provided I keep up with my weight lifting? The concept worries me because there's so much shit flying around about what to do, such as "oh just stick to cardio" or "keep cutting forever."
>>
>>41549812
Sorry, I know it could be worded better I'm just not that great with my words.

>>41549840
>>41549823
I know progression and adding weight each time you go in happens but what exactly are warmup sets suppose to be like just doing those exercises but with just the bar or a tiny bit of weight on them?
>>
>>41549870
Yeah, exactly. For example, theoretically if I bench press 100lb as my maximum weight currently then optimally you would do one set at 25lb, one set at 50lb, one set at 75lb and then however many sets your routine calls for at 100lb. Personally I find that much warmup overkill, and would simply do one set at 50lb first before doing however many at 100lb, but that's up to the individual.
>>
>>41549864
You would gain back some fat but you would mostly be putting on muscle if you're consistent with your lifting progression
As a person who has been at both extremes I understand that fear of getting fat again and if you're happy just staying at a thinner weight with less muscle that's fine but you'll look better if you put some more weight on both muscle and fat before cycling back to slimming
Also 3k calories a day is easy as fuck if you can eat peanut butter and milk you don't need to buy protein powder if you don't want to

>>41549870
Warmup should be done by going through the complete range of motion of the exercise but with less than your working weight. Usually you start with the bar and do a more sets ramping up percentage wise towards your working weight but at low working weights you can kinda just do a set, add a little, do a set add a little until you get to your working weight
>>
>>41549916
I'm allergic to peanuts, but milk is a good idea. What sort of routine should I be looking at? Currently I'm doing http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/ but my lifts are fucking trash babyweight because of constantly eating at a deficit. I've been doing it for 6 weeks and can barely curl 10kg.

So say I do that gentle bulk for roughly 3 months, I would then go back to deficit eating for another 3 months, rinse and repeat until ideal body? I look much better than I used to, but I still look like a flabby rectangle so a bit extra isn't going to hurt me provided I'm gaining muscle in proportion. My main fear is my stomach getting noticably bigger. I've seen pictures of other people who weigh more than me but seem to not have anywhere as much stomach fat despite also being skinny little nerds. Instead of it tapering down, it stays square with my breast line.
>>
whats this meme saying
>you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time
I'm doing consistently heavier weights at the gym every 2 weeks and losing weight at the same time?
>>
>>41549975
Adding coconut/olive oil is a good way to get calories from fats since you're allergic to peanuts. Also almonds if you're not also allergic to them
Scooby's routines are good for beginners, teach basic concepts and are well rounded
Generally I say continue to bulk until you're no longer comfortable with your weight or level of bodyfat and then cut and continue. There's no perfect time to do it, it's up to what you think makes you look the way you want to look
Different people store fat in different ways so losing that stomach is gonna take losing more weight down the line. Developing your core will help it from looking so round and will make it look better faster as you lose weight
I also am rectangularly built and worked my back hard to have a semblence of a taper
Having developed obliques helps a ton as well
>>
>>41550030
That should have an addendum 'once you're past novice development'
It's completely possible and quite normal for people just starting to lift to gain considerable muscle and strength while losing weight because your body is adapting to something completely new to it
>>
>>41550040
Thank you.

One last question though, is there a better way to work core muscles than that rotesserie workout? I feel that supermans and side planks are barely helping. The front plank and crunches are fine though.
>>
>>41550048
So basically there will just be a point where i plateu in my lifting while im losing weight? been consistent for 3 months now
>>
>>41550062
Yes there will
At that point you either eat more to get stronger and gain muscle or continue to lose weight and mostly maintain that level of strength and musculature

>>41550058
Heavy lifting and yoga is all I've done for core for so long because I hate focusing on it. Crunches of all kinds are fantastic when done properly, especially twisting stuff to hit your obliques, hanging leg raises are great too because you can progress to doing them with straight legs
>>
>>41550109
last question, thanks for all the help so far.
So when i start eating to gain muscle, will i be gaining fat as a consequence too? is that worth it from a looks wise perspective?
>>
>>41550109
Ah, cheers mate. I appreciate the help. I think I'll drop the supermans and side planks for twisting crunches and give hanging leg raises a go when my pullup bar comes in.
>>
At what point is it for me to start lean bulking? I've been doing keto and I'm around 185 @ 20% BF.
>>
File: Bench.jpg (16KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bench.jpg
16KB, 360x360px
would you recommend that i set it high or low? what's the difference if i set it higher or lower?
>>
>>41549234
It's the glute machine where you stand and kickback with one foot, Gives you cake hence the Bakery.
>>
What are the pros and cons of some of the most common routines?
>>
>>41550317
Frequency is king
If you want something to grow/get stronger you have to hit it multiple times per week
Olympic weightlifters squat every day for example
>>
Bench press and push ups feel very shoulder dominated and not chest at all. What the fuck? I'm a hungry skelly for reference.
>>
>>41550165
>20%bf
>considers bulking
Go down to 10-12%, then go add 0,5kg/month
>>
>>41550335
What about for natties?
>>
File: bugs.png (989KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.png
989KB, 780x780px
>>41550344
different guy here.
i'm 10 pounds away from being classified as "underweight" and my bf % was 17% last time i checked.
Do i just keep going despite being "underweight" or should i just hit the lowest point of healthy weight and start from there
>>
>>41543453
Should I alternate between strength and hypertrophy? Stalling out with 5x5 and starting to get minor injuries that are setting me back, was thinking that hypertrophy might help avoid those in the future.
>>
>>41550377
for natties:
> beginners wanting to go the barbell route, pick a linear progression program like Starting Strength and get good form on the main lifts, get a base of strength, and then branch out into more intermediate programs. generally start is 3x/week full-body. this is where athletes and wannabes go
> beginners not up for that can start with a basic machine program, 3x/week full-body. again get a base of strength and build work capacity
at the intermediate stage it's time to pick a poison.
> for looks, upper/lower split 4x/week is pretty much king. this can be done from either a barbell base (adding isolation and machines where prudent) OR from a machine base (essentially learning some of the big lifts for the sake of more efficient training and adding them into the program)
> for powerlifting, generally 3/x full or 4/x which can be either full or split
> for weightlifting, generally fullbody and varying intensities/workloads, starting at 3x or 4x and slowly adding volume, eventually with years of experience lifting 5-6x a week
> for athletes, usually 3/x full or 4x semi-split with 2 days of sport-style conditioning, this is what most hs and college plans look like
>>
does anyone know of any weighted excercises for the lower part of your abs? cable crunches primarily hit the upper portion of them
>>
>>41550447
Bump for interest
>>
I get bored with lifting very easily. Are 4 30-minute sessions each week going to help at all?
>>
>>41550377
Lifting every day is achieveable natty because they are not training at maximum everytime. they have light and medium days for example
>>
>>41550447
https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
Maybe this will enlighten you
>>
File: 8CL52kq.jpg (697KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
8CL52kq.jpg
697KB, 2448x3264px
>>41543453
aspiring skinnyfat,
can i achieve ottermode or pic related with only calisthenics, cardio, and 800 calories below TDEE? Am currently 6'1" and 170 lbs.
>>
>>41550462
You might like gslp
It makes you hit higher reps after a deload
>>
>>41549840

Welp I am just biologically rekt
I have a flared chest too so my body looks disproportion on top, down to slim mid section, and then flares at the hips.

At least flared ribs increase surface area so no mantits.
>>
>>41550447
>>41550487
Yeah BMI categories are statistical diagnostic screenings, don't pay attention to them, and bf% are a meme and inaccurate, don't pay attention to them either.

It's like this (for guys)
Health:
> if your waist circumference is more than half your height, you're too fat
> too lean and you'll have pretty obvious energy issues, hormone issues, limpdick, etc
> muscle mass is a different concern, too little will be evident mostly by inability to move yourself around effectively, like a skelly senior citizen
Appearance:
> if you can't even see the outline of abs, you're too fat
> if you constantly are mistaken for a woman, you don't have enough muscle mass
For women, both health and appearance for fat are all in the waist:hip ratio and having the muscle mass of an average teenage boy is too much for appearance. But that's beside the point.

For appearance, for guys: cut to abs. bulk til they go away. Gain or lose 1-2lbs a week, max, unless you are a total fatass in which case crash diet. Count your kcals because theyare what counts and adjust the diet based on 7-10 days of weight changes, averaged. if a meme diet like keto or if or whatever helps you count kcals then go for it. If low carb gives you low energy, try adding carbs around the workouts. lifting is good, mild cardio is good, incline walking on treadmills and relaxed biking are some of the best forms of it.
>>
Can I go on my treadmill every day or would that run the risk of injury not giving myself a day off here and there?
>>
>>41550570
Thanks mate, ill keep going until i see them abs in skele mode
>>
>>41550640
You can do low-intensity stuff for 20-30 min every day. Incline walking and the like, or one of the treadmill's "walking programs." If you're talking about RUNNING on it then probably take days off between hard sessions.
>>
File: test.jpg (62KB, 700x342px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
62KB, 700x342px
im doing phraks greyskull lp as a beginner right now
1. overhead press alternating w/ bench press
2. chinups alternating w/ barbell rows
3. squats (twice/week) OR deadlifts (once/week)

all these compound lifts cover shoulders, back, chest and legs, but I feel like i'm missing on upper arms and waist. Can I add an abs, oblique and upper arm exercise -post-workout- or will this fuck with my greyskull progress?
>>
>>41550980
Sure, throw in a superset of french press and curls with the ez-curl bar followed by few sets of roman chair or leg raises at the end of the next workout, and see if it affects your progress on the following one. if so, drop 'em, if not, you're gold
>>
is the order of days important while training with a split routine? should certain bodyparts come before others or doesnt it really matter?
>>
>>41551013
ty, will do
>>
File: IMG_20170524_093429.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_093429.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
How can i target inner - upper chest in triangle? I'm gaining mass everywhere else on pecs but not here and it is looking silly accompanied by slight gyno
>>
Cable scarecrows or face-pulls for shoulder/scapula health?
>>
>>41544296
Read the book.
>>
>>41545288
You do the same three workouts every week and always alternate between the two presses and between chins and rows.

If you'd alternate between the workouts, you'd do deadlifts more than once a week and that would be too much as soon as the weight gets heavy-
>>
>>41543453
Do Pushpresses have direct carryover to OHP?
>>
I'm doing SS and it's only my third workout and I have my next workout in like 10 hours. The problem is that my outer hip adductors and my hamstrings are still really sore and really taut from 2 days ago so I don't know if I can properly do the required Squats.

Should I still do them? If I still do them do I still go up 10lbs on weight? Or should I just stay on the weight I did before? Or go even less? I stretched before and after the squats so how do I prevent this from happening again?
>>
I've been lifting for a couple of weeks now and it seems my barbell row form is such a total piece of shit some random dude even offered me some advice on it. My issue is that my posture is total shit and while I'm currently trying to conciously fix it it still takes a while.
So essentially that guy suggested doing half-bent over rows (basically a 45° incline instead of going full parallel to the ground) since my back goes full Quasimodo no matter how hard I try. Is this a good idea until I fix this?
He also suggested using foam rollers, which I never really read into because the links in the sticky are dead. Should I get into it?
>>
>>41543453
SUNBEDS
>SUNBEDS
SUNBEDS

what you think about them?

uk weather means there is no chance of suntan any other way and i dont want to go on holiday white and being noticabally burnt

is it worth?
>>
If I have trouble filling my protein macros during the day is it better to invest in a very large bag of whey protein powder and drink it every day or go to McDonald's a few times a week?
>>
How do I fats?
I'm cutting but have a hard time getting enough fats in to my diet, I'm getting plenty of protein from eating tuna, curd and chicken and carbs from mainly rice, beans and fruit but I end up eating like +50% carbs, 35% protein and little fat
>>
>>41552180
Eat shitloads of peanuts and avocado.
>>
>>41543453
I currently work overnight shifts. 10 PM - 7 AM. How will this affect my gains?
>>
i get major butt wink when squatting past 1/4 squat. is scottish hip a meme or is it real?
>>
>>41552354
i hate squats and will take any excuse not to do them please confirm for me
>>
>>41552180
>>41552263
Substitute peanuts for almonds.
>>
>>41552362
>>41552354
Lean your back more and record your squat. Also brace ultra hard, so hard that your face goes red.
>>
I started lifting just yesterday and I sort of already got a problem.
I can't lowbar squat. My shoulders and wrists just cant get into the position withut hurting and being in the most unnatural snap-favoring position. I started doing some basic mobility exercises with a stick I got at home to try to imitate the position but I feel lightyears away from the correct thing. Should I just go highbar?
Here's my post from previous thread if that helps
>>41542271
>>
I've suffered through a horrible event that has resulted in me losing all the hair on one leg. Now I'm too afraid to go to the gym for fear of looking like an utter twat. My leg hair is super thick so everyone will notice.
Who else /notgonnamakeit/?
>>
>>41552529
shave ur other leg and stop moaning
>>
>>41551173
most of that area is due to insertions, but lots of incline (possibly db) benching surely won't hurt in any case.
>>
>>41551259
face pulls. don't ego lift and focus on the contraction and form, it's meant as a prehab exercise not as a real mass builder. which, incidentally, scarecrows are good for, but don't go too hardcore on them either.
>>
>>41551577
Yes. Chances are some push pressing with slightly heavier weight can help you break an OHP plateau.
>>
How come I get a good chest pump after doing flyes and never when I bench?
>>
>>41552631
shit bench form. use DBs for a bit and really focus on the squeeze, perfect your form with lower weight higher rep barbell bench
>>
How long should you ideally train before you first start to cut?

I have read on a thread here that you should train at least for a year before you cut, is that true?
>>
>>41552887
it would be pointless to try cutting if you dont have any muscle, but if youre very overweight you should definitely start losing weight
>>
is it possible to bulk too hard?
I've taken in around 5000 calories today alongside a 2 hour workout and 10km of walking, TDEE is around 3000 factoring in my usual routine and I maybe burned an extra 300 today.
Will I notice any additional muscle gain over a clean bulk (+300) if I just eat like a fucking monster (+800 or more) or will I just gain fat almost exclusively?
>>
Roughly how long does it take for a newbie lifter to start seeing those first gains?
>>
>>41552991
You're a fucking idiot. For your sake I hope you're rousing.
>>
File: timesareachanging.jpg (59KB, 640x337px) Image search: [Google]
timesareachanging.jpg
59KB, 640x337px
>>41543453
Probably a dumb question but when fasting can you still drink protein isolate and creatine?
>>
>>41553312
creatine technically yes. protein nope
>>
>>41543453
Whats a good website for counting calories?
>>
Whats the best ''real'' weight lifting exercises to build the strength for pull ups?
>>
>>41553469
MyFitnessPal
>>
I am a skinny fat manlet with social anxiety wanting to exercise but I'm scared of looking like a fool only benching/squatting or whatever just the bar. Should I do some push-ups and squats at home before I actually go to the gym? Or would I be better looking pathetically weak for a few weeks while my lifts go up doing actual weights? I feel like I need to just suck it up... or maybe get a credit card so I can buy a home gym...
>>
>>41553482
Thanks senpai.
>default height is 5ft 7in
Kek
>>
Has anybody ever tried Zec+ ?
Is it any good? I like the rpomotion around it and would like to try it.
>>
>>41553471
pull ups
>>
>>41553471
Negative pull ups?
>>
File: For-Honor-Raider-Guide.png (123KB, 548x624px) Image search: [Google]
For-Honor-Raider-Guide.png
123KB, 548x624px
How to get into RAIDER mode to become LEGENDARY?
>>
Anyone else use My Fitness Pal?

Which out of the long list of exercises should I use to approximately playing expert level Dance Dance Revolution? I know the game is better cardio than just "general dancing", which they have on there, but I'm at a loss as to which category to use.
>>
>>41553514
Bigger than me...
>>
>>41553697
Forgot to add, I know the newest DDR actually tells you the calories you burn in a session, but I don't live near one of the new cabs.
>>
>>41553808
I've asked a friend who plays it too and he logs lighter modes as jogging and heavymode+ as short sets of sprints. not really sure how accurate that is though
>>
Guys, i have elbow tendonitis. How do i keep my muscles from going to shit if i cant press? should i just do flyes and focus on squats and deadlifts while im out?
>>
I've been doing SL for about 8 months.

My squat has gone up to 280lbs from barely being able to lift the bar alone.

However, I look like a giant bear mode baby. What program should I switch to to get aesthetic?
>>
>>41553867
>sprints

That sounds at least vaguely accurate, but I don't see that on the app either...

Welp, time to take careful notes of the calories burned and just create a custom exercise next time I travel for rhythm gaming
>>
hey /fit/ so I've been losing weight for the past year now, but I wanted to start doing some calisthenic exercises before I got into lifting. Anyways, I did about 25 pushups on monday, and now on wednesday, my arms are still kinda sore. Is this normal since I haven't done any bodyweight exercises in a while or did I hurt myself?
>>
Did isley eber learn?
>>
>>41551033
The only good split is upper/lower. PPL will often use the shoulder girdle every day and could lead to problems. With a well-designed u/l like Lyle's Generic Bulk, it don't matter which day comes first.
Exercise order: big compounds first. squat before deadlift. isolations last. abs on lower day, after everything else.

>>41551173
inclines but sadly most of this is genetic.
also, everyone on /fit/ has hypochondria about gyno, fuck off with that shit

>>41551776
if your warmup feels awful, repeat the old weight on this workout. do not stretch BEFORE workouts, the warmup reps are where you get limber for the workout. reps with the bar, then 2-4 sets with incremental weights and moving from reps to singles working up to the work set. goat stretch routine attached. after every workout and on days off if you feel stiff
>>
>>41553965
Normal to have DOMS when doing anything you haven't been doing a lot recently.

>>41553945
Lose weight is the #1 program for aesthetics. Try Lyle's Generic Bulking routine, there is an FAQ about it on his forum.
>>
Is 5x5 is a meme if you want to look good?
>>
>>41554070
>Normal
Alright cool, thanks anon. Any idea on how long until my body gets used to the pushups/bodyweight exercises?
I'm 5'9 and 150 pounds, but plan to do calisthenics until I'm around 120 pounds and then begin lifting.
>>
Is going over my macros ok? I'm always going over carbs
>>
>>41554111
Not >>41554070 but it should take like 2 weeks max, depending on how often you work out.
>>
>>41554071
Not a meme but not ideal. 80% of looking good is just not being fat, another 15% is having enough muscle mass to signal "strong" and the last 5% is what everyone here worries about. (assuming you're not actually deformed in some major way lol, not just "muh pec insertions" or the "gyno" that everyone seems to have because hypochondria).

5x5 is good volume but add some isolation after if looks are your primary goal. like 2-3x10-15 on bis, tris, calves, maybe also pecs and lateral and posterior delts. A lot of good programs use 3-4x6-8 on the main lifts, guess what, that's about 24-ish reps, just like 5x5, so there it is.
>>
I'm considering weight gainer mix to help bulk my broke-ass up, but I keep reading it makes fat easily.

Is it really worse than dirty bulking, say if I take one scoop (1000 cal/50g protein, 16g sugar) a day? Any cheap alternative to help me get an extra 800-1000 calories in my diet?
>>
Are gainers legit? Or protein powders with added carbohydrates?

Hows the quality of these carbs? And what are they typically made of?
>>
>>41554137
>2 weeks max, depending on how often you work out
Alright that sounds reasonable, thanks anon!
>>
>>41554233
>>41554249
Basically they are whey protein with maltodextrin. You could literally scoop sugar into your whey for the same shit, or add sugar to nonfat dry milk powder and water, or use Carnation "Instant Breakfast" powder in milk and get the same shit.

Cheap good extra calories? Whole milk. Eggs. Bagels or English Muffins with some butter or peanut butter.
>>
>>41553954
lol I don't use MFP myself so I didn't know you can't log sprints. but yeah, make a custom one, it's probably best.
>>
>>41553976
of course not
>>
What to do if I want to fuck a girl
>>
>>41554276
>Basically they are whey protein with maltodextrin. You could literally scoop sugar into your whey for the same shit
It kind of sounds like these carbs aren't worth it and its better to just eat more oats or pasta or whatever?
>>
File: 0040.jpg (112KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
0040.jpg
112KB, 700x696px
>>41554351
>find girl
>curb your autism enough for her not to think you a creep
>put benis in bagina
>success!
>>
>>41554370
The real foods will be better overall. The gainers are really a meme, the only people who need them are really big guys who have a problem forcing down enough food and for them, liquid calories make sense. For an average height guy or a skelly who only needs 2500 or so kcal a day anyways, force another bagel down, or have a second serving of rigatoni in meat sauce.
>>
File: 1488170690567.jpg (14KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1488170690567.jpg
14KB, 300x246px
>>41543453
I recall reading somewhere on here that carbs after a heavy lifting session is fair game on Keto. Does this have any validity?

I WANT this to be true so hard. A Chipotle bowl with rice is my favorite post-lifting meal. But I don’t want to break the diet just because of a craving.
>>
>>41554564
sure iifym ;)
>>
I'm in Australia and when I tried to post a thread I was surprised to find out it's been blocked in my region. Anyone know why? I can reply but cant post threads. It's like being gagged but knowing morse code. I can communicate but it's just not the same.
>>
>>41554739
you upset a mod. stop posting idiotic threads
>>
>>41554777
But it's a region thing not just me, I heard Aussies cant post on /mu/ either plus I havent even made a thread in months.
>>
>>41543453
How would you estimate the weight off food without being able to measure it?
>>
>>41554848
no idea then. yet another entry on the list of why I'm glad not to be an aussie, kek
>>
>>41554848
They must have done a range ban on Aussies so that you can't spam Blacked threads all day.
>>
PPL or PHAT?
>>
>>41554867
moot himself hated them, it was only a matter of time until chinkmoot followed through with it
>>
>>41555028
ppl for beginners and intermediates, phat for advanced lifters. as it is meant anyway, you can perfectly do it earlier, you just won't get as much out of it as you probably could
>>
doing TM

can I substitute power cleans for barbell rows?
>>
>>41555119
You can but you shouldn't. Power Cleans is a compound movement, a main movement, barbell rows are an accessory. You'll get way more out of power cleans overall. Do power cleans but whatever
>>
is this a decent full body workout? https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/iovate5.htm
>>
>>41552465
I had the same problem when I first started doing lowbar. Just keep trying, don't push the weight up too high and continue with the mobility exercises. Your joints will become stronger over time.
>>
File: IMG_3469.jpg (27KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3469.jpg
27KB, 300x400px
How long should i wait, after banging a chick, should i wait before texting her up? Or should i just wait and see if she hits me up.
Left her house this morning.

Dont really know what board to post this on and dont want to start a new thread over this sheeeit.

Fwiw I'm an ex-ecto/skelly

We're all gonna make it brahs
>>
>>41555466
if you banged her, shes going to wonder why you're not texting her and text you, then when you text after letting her worry for a few hours. she'll be relieved and happy to hear from you.
This is my take on it anyway.
the board you are looking for is /adv/
>>
>>41555466
BAKA tbch famalam, read the fucking sticky
everything you're looking for is in there.
>>
I can't go to the gym in a couple of weeks, should I stop bulking until I train again? I am trying to leave skelly mode
>>
I went out to a strip club with my bros two weeks ago. Paid for a qt to spend the night with and it was pretty chill.

She gave me her number and we met twice since then, at her apartment. she didn't ask for any extra money and she paid for the drinks last time.

We mostly talk and fuck. I really enjoy her company and she says she likes me too.

Am I just being memed? How could this possibly go wrong? What is she plotting?
>>
>>41555588
don't develop feelings, enjoy it while it lasts, problem solved.

oh and you might owe her boss a thousand bucks by now, kek
>>
>>41555407
anyone?
>>
File: IMG_1786.jpg (47KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1786.jpg
47KB, 400x388px
>>41555495
Thanks brah, just hate starting new threads and shitting up boards.

>>41555502
Is this some for of 4d underwater wigwam? Am I getting memed senpai? Here's a humble (you) for your troubles noble meme farmer
>>
>>41555709
I'd stick to a program that makes you lift at least five times per week anon, but if you want to try it it is your time, not mine
>>
why my muscle look better on low-carbs? low carbs like literally 0. I am doing PSMF and my muscles look better than before I started. Is it the lack of bloating?
>>
>>41543453
Will drinking diet soda impede my weightloss if everything else is under my calorie limits?
>>
>>41555838
>impede
yes
>stop
no.
>>
>>41555850
Thanks, that's what I figured. What'll it do, just make me hold on to water weight more?
>>
>>41555587
Help anons, 1'8 m and 65 kg if you need extra info, I've been lifting for 8 months now but I just started to count my calories
>>
File: 1494972389698.png (937KB, 571x742px) Image search: [Google]
1494972389698.png
937KB, 571x742px
There's a girl at the gym that obviously likes me, but she has a boyfriend. However, she's never mentioned the fact that she has a boyfriend to me.

What do?
>>
>>41555863
Not sure about the water weight, probably since theres a lot of sodium in it.
but the excess sugar (or sugar substitute) that they put in it is just extra stuff you will have to work through for no real gain. in addition to it destroying your teeth.
This isn't a big deal and the effect is probably minimal on everything except destroying your teeth but still.
>>
>>41555911
bang her and let her boyfriend keep doing all the hard parts?
>>
File: 20170524_203942_HDR-1.jpg (591KB, 1703x940px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_203942_HDR-1.jpg
591KB, 1703x940px
Don't think it can be seen well on the picture but I found these red marks in the back of my traps today and I don't think I should have them.
I think it's because I did squats today and I'm not holding the bar well. Usually I just rest it on my back and keep it there with my arms. Should my arms be doing most of the work supporting the bar instead?
>>
>>41555939
Thanks for the insight, anon. I honestly don't drink it TOO much, accept for certain times.

[spoiler]Curse my fetish[/spoiler]
>>
>>41555976
it's from the folds of your shirt (possibly the stitching) being pressed under the bar.

it's completely normal. happens all the time.

>should my arms be doing most of the work supporting the bar during a squat?

yeah bro, all those guys you see squatting hundreds upon hundreds of pounds are literally holding it up with their arms and not utilizing their bodies to support the weight.

are you fucking retarded
>>
Does a lat pump after deadlifts mean I'm doing them right?
>>
>>41556004
>are you fucking retarded
yes
thanks for the explanation though
>>
>>41555911
Steal her from the beta BF that doesn't go to the gym with his girl
>>
>keep losing interest in the gym because of a weird exhaustion

Just started lifting again (basically new). I only feel it lifting, but when doing SL I'll start with squats, and be so exhausted by my 3rd set that I have issues completing every other exercise. My vision gets out-of-focus and my muscles just feel tapped of energy (inb4 just fight through it, I just can't, tried a few spergy adrenaline-fueled sets and the energy just isn't there).

This happens each visit and my gains are just shit. I've tried 30 sec and 60 sec breaks between sets, drink water between, and make sure to eat well prior, but it always happens. Am I lifting too much, or is this just normal? How to handle it?
>>
>>41556149
rest more (between sets and between exercises), lift less weight. also see a doc about anything blood pressure related.
>>
>>41556149
What the fuck, 30s between sets? Normally people take 3 mins and you take half a minute and expect to be able to go on forever?
>>
>>41556180
I'll try resting more, feel a bit bad hogging the machine to rest a lot but if it helps oh well.

>>41556213
Most of what I've read online is like 60 seconds, just going off that. I'm still <100lbs on my sets, but yeah I'll focus on taking longer breaks.
>>
Cyclist here. I want to work on abs everyday. Are planks enough? How long should I plank?
>>
File: 1494634755809.png (938KB, 648x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494634755809.png
938KB, 648x639px
I haven't done any exercise in years, but I went for a run last night.

Is it okay to run every day? My upper thighs are a bit sore, but that's about it. Since I'm so unfit should I just do it every other day to let my weak muscles rest, or is it okay to run every day?
>>
>>41556279
>the machine
NO

but yes. 3mins or so, I often take up to 5 for heavier sets.
>>
I want to star running everyday early in the morning while still doing my SLs. Good idea or too much too quick?
>>
Any tips on hamstring mobility? I've got real trouble on the negative portion of the DL, my knees bend too early and I lean too far forward...
>>
>>41556303
No is right, I just meant like the squat rack/bench, I'm no bitch I-I promise

Thanks for the advice guys
>>
>>41556321
let people work in, or stop worrying altogether as long as nobody gets mad at you for taking your time, and then either refer to the first part of this sentence or tell them to fuck off lol

btw
>tfw gym has 6 cages and 3 normal racks
aw yisss
>>
File: fucks up.jpg (26KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
fucks up.jpg
26KB, 500x279px
Complete DYEL here, is there a way to build delts and biceps without gym equipment? I can't do a single push up with full range.
>>
Is there anything I should add or take away from this routine? I know it's >brosplits but I hit them twice a week.
A. Lower
>squat
>calf raises
>lunges
>leg raises
>glutes
>hamstring curls
B. Upper: Chest and arms
>bench press
>cleans
>flies
>barbell curl
>skullcrusher
C. Upper: back and shoulders
>OHP
>deadlift
>barbell rows
>seated row
>lat pulldown
>>
>>41556525
Forgot, week goes as ABCABCx
>>
When I deadlift, is the bar supposed to slide up and down my legs? Or am I holding it wrong? I'm pretty bad at these.
>>
Just got a bicycle, 55lbs overweight. How long before my morning ride to and from work, 2.7mi, doesn't kill my thighs?
>>
do you wieght chicken raw or cooked? what about veggies and rice?
>>
>>41556279
>>41556279
Youve read womens magazines

no where in SS guide for example, does it state to take 30s between squat sets. Rippletits more like says to "take enough time to know you got the next set, upper limit 8 mins cus thats the same as 15 mins"
>>
>>41556525
Too much volume for shoulders. If you go PPL, always put the legs in between imo. Gives more upperobody rest time.

Id just put shoulders to B, go for example

>Bench heavy
>ohp db light
Then next time you do B it's

>ohp heavy bar
>bench db light, and so on.
Id also rather do DL once a week, especially with all that total volume. So for pull day youd be left with

>DL every other week
>Rows (barbel, db, T bar row, kroc rows, whatever you feel like works. Not a stupid idea either to go for like Heavy DB row into a few sets of lighter weight T bar rows, for example. One exercise being more heavy weight, other to pump your back.
>chins/lat pulldowns, chins being better
>curls (yeah even if fit says having no arms is cool, it really isnt).
A simple ez bar curl for a few sets will do, can do another 2-3 sets of supinated grip for more forearm actiation. Especially do that if you do lat pulldowns instead of chins.
Obviously remove curls from arms day, since it woudlnt be arms day anymore.
>>
>>41556585
I suggest you watch a proper youtube instructions video. Find one that takes at least 20 minutes to walk through it, preferably longer. There are several points to understand, just looking at someone doing it and not understanding why exactly the ROM, wont help shit. If you are too inpatient to watch through 30 mins of instructions please kys.
>>
blew my left knee out about a month ago, and broke my hand last week "boxing" my friend cant lift for a while what do to keep some gains?
>>
File: Hitdi.jpg (74KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hitdi.jpg
74KB, 640x960px
>>41543453
>https://www.anabolicmen.com/signs-of-high-testosterone/

Does high testosterone gives you a chiseled face? How can I make my testosterone high? Natty?
>>
>>41556839
Alright
>>
>>41556636
DOMS usually goes away with about 2 weeks' exposure to exercise. Any new exercise may cause it though.

>>41556694
The kcal count should say raw or cooked. Go by that.

>>41556729
Yep, that's Ripp's recommendation. FWIW the ATP cycle pretty much fully replenishes in 3 minutes so basically if you rest more than 4-5 your recovery sucks shit and/or you're sandbagging it, but by the same token, if you're training for strength and you don't rest about 3 then you're cutting off your own dick.

>>41556585
Yeah a little slide up the thighs, contact. Don't "hitch" it or support it with your thighs, though. It's not supposed to hit your shins but that happens sometimes.

>>41556525
Yeah that's retarded. You're working the shit out of your shoulder girdle 4x a week, because the rotator cuff and other little muscles in it are used in both your B and C days, so you're also working the shit out of it in consecutive days. Also retarded, your lower back sore from Deads on Wed so you Squat on Thurs. Look, do a simple upper/lower split like Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine (find the FAQ thread on his forum). If you want to concentrate on upper body because ghey faggot muh aesthetics, just schedule more upper days. Regular ULxULxx or ULxUxLx, upper focus schedule UxULxUx or UxLxUxx or similar.

>>41556384
Pushups leaning against the wall, leaning on a bench, etc., to lighten the load. Sissy pushups on your knees on the ground. Use light things around the house as if they were DBs and do curls, lateral raises, triceps kickbacks, bent rows, etc. with them.

>>41556317
Stretch. Look up BFS Flexibility 1-2-3-4 as a GOAT routine. Also Jefferson Curls.

>>41556287
>>41556316
In the beginning, when it's "jogging" or "trotting" and it only lasts 10-20 min then it's probably fine to do it every day. When you're actually running (<8 min per mile) for distances (3+ miles) then no. Incline treadmill walking and biking interfere less with lifting.
>>
>>41556855
Eat well, stay hydrated and sleep lots. There's not much else you can do that won't just make things worse.
>>
>>41556282
A pushup is a plank that moves. Plank for as long as you can do pushups.
>>
File: man transplant.jpg (20KB, 221x400px) Image search: [Google]
man transplant.jpg
20KB, 221x400px
should i still do squats if i have big hips? i feel like i'm just making it worse
>>
What can I do (besides use gloves or acquiring calluses) for improving poor grip as a result of soft hands? Should I just using simple hand wraps?
>>
>>41556955
If your hands sweat, use chalk. If sweating isnt the problem, just man up and keep lifting. You can use wraps sometimes but try to go without as much as you can.

not sure what you even mean by "soft" hands.
>>
>>41557000
My hands are soft. My hands have little roughness-they are alike those of a woman's at times. Natural softness + usage of various moisturizers and creams for my face and body are the culprits. The calluses that I get from lifting are so insignificant that they do not improve my grip much at all...as even they are soft.

With such softness, my hands have difficulty holding heavy weights without slipping. It isn't a matter of weight, as I have been able to lift these weights many times before (with rougher hands). If I try to lift 105-115lb dumbells on each hand, I might slip on, say, my right. It will fall out of the center of my hand to my fingers, and I can only do a few more reps due to the compromised hold, despite having the strength and stamina to go further.
>>
>>41557087
Sounds like youre holding the bar incorrectly perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s

You literally wrap your fingers around it, not whole hand, and just grip as tight as you can. If you slip, it simply means you arent gripping hard enough.
>>
>>41556948
in for answers to this
>>
>>41555587
Anyone?
>>
>>41543453
is naturally enhanced a good routine? I'm a bit skeptical about the 1 intensity day and 1 volume day, he says you can do as much volume as you can for the volume day.

would balls to the wall on volume for 1 day and 1 day intensity a week actually work better than a U/L/U/L/U split?
>>
>>41557200
eat maintenance and do calisthenics
>>
Situation:
Cutting at 1900 kcal. Went to gym after work on Tuesday (job is sedentiary) and wasn't able to do a full set of chest press (3x8) with full ROM. After the first 6 reps I failed to do 7th and 8th full ROM. So I reduced weight on second turn and still failed 7th and 8th rep. Another weight reducing provided me with the same result. Also in general my legs and arms feel tired/worn and shit - no DOMS - and I'm a bit tired.
I go to gym 2 times a week (Tue and Fri) and do martial arts two times a week (Mon and Wed).

Questions:
1. Could this failing be connected to cutting and me eating wrong? That day I had no meal since lunch (5 hours ago). –>
2. Should I like eat a little bit more the days I lift? If so, what and when? –>
3. Should I have some days at maintenance intake?

plz halp
>>
>>41557201
it's not as bad as its manlet faggot creator would make you think, but try to keep the volume day recoverable, might need some dialing in.
>>
Is this too much volume for a PPL routine?

Push
Bench press 3x5
OHP 4x8
Incline bench 4x8
Cable chest fly 4x10
Lateral raises 4x15
Dumbbell front raise 4x10
Cable lateral raise 4x10
Bent over lateral raises 4x15
Dumbbell overhead triceps extension 3x10
Triceps cable push down 3x10

Pull
Deadlift 3x5
Pullup 4x8
Underhand Lat pulldown 4x10
One arm dumbbell row 4x8
Cable row 4x8
Face pull 4x12
Bicep curl 4x10

Legs
Squat 3x5
Dumbbell lunges 4x8
Leg press 4x8
Leg curl 4x10
Leg extensions 4x10

PPLx on 4 day cycle
>>
>>41557100
I'm not having difficulty with bars, just dumbbells. Specifically, when doing dumbbell shrugs.
>>
>>41543453
i can dumbbell press 75 pounds 3x10 but i struggle with doing 150 barbell

why
>>
When benching, is the bar supposed to touch your chest? I can get close but it hurts if I go any lower. I arch my back and everything but I don't get what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>41557460
if your form is good and it hurts, dont do it. simple as that. no point in injuring yourself.
>>
Can I get decent shoulders with just OHP?
>>
File: 4b6.jpg (13KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
4b6.jpg
13KB, 600x515px
Okay, my chest is not getting sore for two months now and I'm freaking the fuck out. What do I do?

In the beginning of body building anything I did got them sore. For two months now, it doesn't matter that I bench so hard I nearly drop the bar on myself and have to have someone run over and help get it up and be asked by staff to not bench for the rest of the evening, it doesn't matter that I do pectoral-flies or incline dumbbell presses until I feel my shoulders starting to dislocate, it doesn't matter that I exhaust my triceps before every work out to try and put them out of action so that my pecs have to take on the load of everything, THEY DON'T WANT TO FUCKING GROW.

I GIVE UP, ALL I WANT IS AN ALPHA MALE CHEST
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.