[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SIG/ Self-Improvement General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Self-Improvement.jpg (952KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
Self-Improvement.jpg
952KB, 1763x2034px
So /fit/? How do we focus on self-improvement? I for one have started meditating and masturbating less and am looking for other ways to get godmode.
>>
>>41532247
Anyone have any tips to push past social fuck ups. It's getting hard. I've been pushing myself to be more social but the more I do it the more I fuck up and think I'm being autistic. I think I'm going to end up on one of the cringe videos. This life is starting to become a living hell worrying about this shit. I'm about one more faux pas from blowing my brains out.
>>
>>41532465

Learn to love the pain. When youre in the gym the pain means growth. The same goes for this and life in general. Youve already put in time and effort don't stop now. Everything up to this point would have been for nothing.

Ive been reading more daily. I read about 1-3 hours a day as well as downloading audio books to play in the car. I also have been working on self reflection and discipline. I do something each day ill hate. I also have been writing down a hourly journal on what i do each day to maximize time doing stuff and get rid of the time wasting.
>>
>>41532465
As someone who used to be pretty fucking socially awkward to being called 'cool', I think the best way to be socially acceptable is to keep practicing - practice makes perfect, and that rule applies to pretty much everything you want to improve on.
I may be talking out of my ass since I'm not a psychologist, but being socially acceptable comes from 3 rules I belive in:
>a good first impression
>respect
>responding to the social environment you're in
The first & second rule can boil down to simple shit like where your from, your voice, body, how you carry yourself, & even materialistic things like your clothes, car, money, etc.
Lemme explain that third rule: social shit is always about responding to the social environment - so you always have to be constantly aware of who is in the room - for example, I will try to respond differently to social cues in a room full of 6 18 year old girls compared to as if I was in a room alone with the president of the United States.
I'm not saying act like a different person & adapt multiple personalities - but you definitely need to act different in different situations.
Lemme know if this makes sense
>>
how do I increase my feelings and start caring for stuff again, I am too deep into utilitarianism at this point that I don't see the point in doing normie stuff. It's like depression at this point to be honest I am just really disconnected from the people around and can't relate to the slightest. Their normal bullshit problems like waking up at 9 am when I wake up at 5 am everyday is hard to grasp. Everytime I heard on complain about mundane stuff I just start imagining ways of killing them.

send help I want to stop being edgy like this and be normal
>>
>>41532833
also how do I stop enjoying stuff like dominating others and bdsm? it gives me this feeling that I can't experience otherwise knowing I am better and have control over someone/something.

How do I stop the urge to dominate and hurt others? it inavertedly leads to discomfort and I make my family miserable.
>>
>>41532833

accept some people will live the normie life style while you wont. Do what makes you feel good even if it's utilitarian. Why should you conform to people around you just to be accepted? You will ultimately feel even more empty than you thought before. Look for people that are inline with the things you care about. I feel your pain as a 23 year old in college all people wanna do is be degenerates. It took some time but I eventually made 2-3 friends who aren't shit. Just let the people bitch that's all they can do.
>>
>>41532833
Don't be mentally weak enough to allow the life choices of others effect you
>>
>>41534801
That's a dense world view
>>
File: image.jpg (322KB, 2048x1536px)
image.jpg
322KB, 2048x1536px
How do i learn how to balance life?
Ive done impressive shit got a degree, been fit lota of stuff, but im not braghing because my way to achieve something is usually go full cocoon and have great things done, but thats not a very good way of living and i dont like it. I mean i have super lazy periods also and sometimes i fully dedicate my life to being social which goes well then too, but then my work/study/working out goes to shit.
I just want have like 25% of my focus on each aspect of my life.
>>
>>41532465
Two things come to mind
>egocentric bias
People don't think about you as often as you think they do. They're too busy thinking about themselves
>fake it till you make it
Just pretend you're a normie. Eventually you'll be a normie
>>
>>41534911
And please i know its horribly written just typed it on a whim
>>
File: Fuckface Trainer.jpg (35KB, 700x350px)
Fuckface Trainer.jpg
35KB, 700x350px
>sad cunt hugbox thread

Not fitness, go lift
>>
File: 1415307912458.png (20KB, 272x256px)
1415307912458.png
20KB, 272x256px
I've reached lmao1pl8 on OHP, and am learning copywriting/web development.

Also on my 43rd day of nofap.

Making gains, and found me a qt virgin gf. Now all I need is to make decent $$ and I'm set.

Thank god I started lifting, life became fun again.
>>
>>41535364
He made it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.