[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Gym Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: YES.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
Hey /fit/,

Newfag here. It finally hit me that I need to start working out more and more often to meet my goals in life. After a long time considering my options, I think I'm going to try to get build a home gym instead of getting a gym membership. I'm in a tight spot with money now, and I did the math to see that getting a gym membership where I live pretty much puts me in a hard spot. I'm thinking of buying a 300 lbs CAP barbell weight set and a power rack to start off. I'm going to start running with a Cross Country Team in order to lose some fat and start lifting also. Can I get any tips on Home Gym ideas, running, and weight loss?
>>
>>41524836
You could pick up a weight vest and pull up bar, that's a good newfriend place to start. Build yourself up from there when you can invest in a barbell and dumbells
>>
>>41524888
I got a pull-up bar and some two 20 lbs dumbbells I bought. What can I do with a weight vest?
>>
>>41524946
What *can't* you do with a weight vest?
>>
>>41525022
Can you post a recommended one? I'm doing some odd jobs around the community to get some money in my pocket and definitely want to also get a barbell in the near future. I'm pretty good or decent at lifting and would like to keep that up.
>>
>>41525079
Throw on a weight vest and do push ups, squats, pull ups, planks, etc. It's a good place to start
>>
File: 1495328248043.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495328248043.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
don't waste money on a weight vest jesus christ this board

setup a craigslist alert for "weights", "barbell", "squat rack" and "power rack". Lots of fags try to sell their shit for way too high, but every once in a while you get the holy grail of something awesome for cheap. Reply to them immediately and hope you're the first.

Until then, running and bodyweight exercises are a great start to getting back in shape.
>>
>>41525116
How many lbs in the weight vest would be good to start off with?
>>
>>41525136
I've tried to find good deals on Craigslist for a long ass time. Since I live in a relatively small city, no one is selling and people who do sell shit are an hour or two drive away.
>>
>>41525146
A 20lb one is good to start with. Ignore posts like
>>41525136
They fail to understand you're asking for a cheap way to start out and expect everyone to be squatting 300+lbs
>>
>>41525200
a bench, rack, barbell, and weights last forever. you can start with 45lbs, just the bar, if you want.

a weight vest is something you use for a week and then throw in your closet or the trash wear it belongs.
>>
>>41525200
Tbh, last time I tried to find my one rep max squat, I squatted like 300 lbs without a spotter. The only reason I didn't keep pushing it was that I didn't have a spotter. I'm relatively strong, but I only get to do barbell lifting every once in a blue moon. I did a 5x185lbs bench press earlier this year put that probably also went down.
>>
>>41525230
It can be used for warm-up and cooldown exercises once you progress
>>
>>41525230
My local Sports Academy store is selling 300 lbs CAP weight set for $209.99. Is that a good deal?
>>
>>41525530
Bump i would also like to know if the barbell these packages come with is 45lb
>>
>>41526263
On the Academy website, this weight set is unlisted, but I scouted to my local Academy store Friday. They had it in stock and told me that they don't sell it often, so it shouldn't be gone for some time. Btw, bar is 45 lbs.
https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-300-Pound-Rubber-Weight/dp/B003V85STQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495421927&sr=8-1&keywords=300+lbs+CAP
Amazon selling it for way more than I can bargain for, but check out your local Academy if you got time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.