[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>power lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: lift.webm (3MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
lift.webm
3MB, 720x720px
>power lifting
>>
>>41524802
Then don't do it?
>>
>>41524970
Do it right.

FTFY
>>
File: the mountain with fresh pussh.png (447KB, 597x505px) Image search: [Google]
the mountain with fresh pussh.png
447KB, 597x505px
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

when will manlets learn
>>
>>41524983
He is doing it right.
>>
>>41525003
Cant tell if the booty is touching.

Seriously though. Powerlifting leagues need to change their rules a bit. Maybe suggest a full ROM when lifting?
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTKHH-0D6dy/
>>
He's got a nice full range of motion going on
>>
>>41525127
>muhh roommm!!! mommy i dont like how he lifts

Fuck off. His ass is touching, it's a legitimate lift, you're upset he lifts more than you.
>>
>>41525137
>His ass is touching
the bar?
>>
>>41525094
your rom depends on your body
>>
>>41525149
The bench, see him here >>41525125
>>
>>41525137

1. i lift more than him
2. im trying to help you not get scoliosis bro, pls be more considerate
3. reported
>>
>>41525177
kekkk, post video of your +200kg bench at <70kg bw then
>>
>>41525125
I can't imagine being his competitor who lifts a few kg lighter but with "real" ROM and loses to that piece of shit
>>
>>41525206
><70kg bw

lol fucking manlets
>>
>>41525137
reminder that if your feet ain't flat on the ground you're a ego-lifting nigger
>>
>>41525214
k, m8, fair point

post video of your +3x BW bench then, at ANY bw/height
>>
>>41525160
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BTKHH-0D6dy/
lmao nice 2" rom. Nice "sport" PLcels

Oly>Strongman>bodybuilding>Crossfit>Recreational fitness on machines with a poor brosplit>powerlifting

in terms of athleticism
>>
>>41525094
Why? If someone has the flexibility to get that kind of arch with their butt touching and heels on the floor then kudos to them
>>
>>41525206

i meant i lifted more frequently than him, i.e. i dont lift to look like an emaciated league of legends addict
>>
>>41525260
Because it's supposed to be about strength, not contortion and loophole abuse
>>
>>41525260
Because it makes powerlifting as a sport look like a fucking joke
>>
>>41525272
No. Powerlifting is 80% technique, 20% strength.
>>
>>41525281
Yeah you go try and get that mobile and then call his lift a joke. The dude probably worked pretty hard on his form for awhile
>>
How much could this guy bench if he used the form in op?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
>>
>>41525292
Not an argument. Benching with form like that is a complete joke and if I was a powerlifter I'd be embarrassed that that's completely legal and allowed.
>>
>>41525292
yeah man kudos to him for turning the lift into a fucking travesty
>>
>>41525156
This is true but everyone will need to have full rom at least
>>
14 PL8S!!!
>>
>>41525260
Because it's clearly violating the spirit of the sport. It would be like if goaltending in basketball was legal and every team just had a 7 footer stand there on defense and knock away every shot. Powerlifters should be required to move the bar a certain percentage of their arm length or something.
>>
File: 1415756960002.png (85KB, 407x355px) Image search: [Google]
1415756960002.png
85KB, 407x355px
Give me one reason your back shouldn't have to be flat in powerlifting competitions.
>>
What would the problem be in declaring that the bar needs to touch the chest AND the arms need to atleast be angled at 90 degrees?
>>
File: 060.gif (1MB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
060.gif
1MB, 540x324px
>>41524986
the girl on the right looks like she's eating the bar
>>
>>41525388
She's practicing for taking his 10 inch cock down her throat later.
>>
>>41525376
Higher likelihood of injury compared to maintaining good thoracic arching
>>
File: rollingdeadlift.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
rollingdeadlift.webm
3MB, 640x640px
my back hurts now thanks
>>
>>41525563
i dont get why he did this

i get its fun but the chance of fucking your ankles or something is really fuckin high
>>
""""""""""power"""""""""" """"""""""lifters""""""""""
>>
>>41525359
Except he only dominates his weight class in benching. His squat and deadlift are still strength based. Once again, technique is the main aspect of powerlifting. Not strength.
>>
>>41525381
Barrelchested people automatically disqualified
>>
>>41525563
I'm more impressed that the wheels on those shitty skates stayed intact
>>
>>41525614
>Except he only dominates his weight class in benching. His squat and deadlift are still strength based.
So? A corked bat only helps when hitting.
>technique is the main aspect of powerlifting
Just like literally every other sport then. That doesn't mean certain techniques can't be prohibited.
>>
>>41525777
Which is why they make you plant your cheeks and keep your feet flat on the ground.
You're not a powerlifter so idk why you're upset. The kid damn near perfected his arch. He's not using any equipment to cheat, he's just flexible and uses it to his advantage. Get over it.
>>
>>41525842
>it's okay to mock crossfit fags but leave powerlifting alone!
kek
>>
>>41526070
True fact: the best looking natties are IPF middleweights
>>
>>41526070
Boy you're reaching
>>
>>41525842
I'm not the guy defending a literal 4 inch ROM that would be unironically laughed at if shown to anyone other than a powerlifter.
>>
>>41524986
Klokov did it better
>>
>>41526147
You're right, you're the guy criticizing a sport you know nothing about while shitting on someone who is stronger and more mobile than you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAbwEtZRo
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS1OGNVgBw-/?taken-by=strongeddie

>that lower back dip

how the fuck hasn't he hurt himself yet
>>
>>41526331
>thinks this jackass has proper mobility
>>
>>41526436
So does fucking dudes with downs, but you still do it.
>>
>>41526136
There are so many facets about this statement that are completely false.
>>
>>41526523
powerfat here (cultivating mass) - that ROM should be disqualified. You're just a dumb ipfag poster.
>>
>>41525283
>this
My deadlift technique is so fucking good man, I can deadlift 405 and I only train with an empty bar. Sometimes I'll throw on 135. All about that technique
>>
>>41524802
still nowhere near as retarded as benching in a shirt
>>
>>41526620
Regulating ROM and technique is dumb and hard
That's why Olympics simply changed clean and press to clean and jerk when they saw everybody push pressing
>>
>>41527442
Enjoy your torn pec and fucked up rotators.
>>
>>41526511
Damn, that guy has pretty good olympic weightlifting tech. He should just drop powerlifting and go for the olympics, he has godly proportions for the manlet classes.
>>
>powerlifters don't use range of motion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vryoGcsso4
>>
>>41525260
Bc powerlifting as a sport is about strength. If you want to show off flexibility go do yoga
>>
>>41525586
roid fags care about health LUL
>>
>>41525842
>he's just flexible and uses it to his advantage
Yeah, that's the point, he shouldn't be able to use that to his advantage. In a lifting competition, you're being judged by how much you can lift, not by how far back your spine will bend.

And before you say "buhh he's still lifting the weight" you can go ahead and fuck yourself, because I know you know why it's bullshit to do 2 inch reps.
>>
>>41525563
This guy must have insanely high blood pressure.
>>
>>41528290
>this guy called powerlifting a sport
>>
How come this guy has ZERO FUCKING MUSCLE?!
>>
>>41528875
laughing_girls.jpg
>>
This is why bench press should be replaced by ohp
>>
>>41525376
once you start benching real weight you need an arch to keep your shoulders in a well seated and safe position, plus the stability that comes with it is also necessary and is part of the lift.

There's no way to create a rule that forces the Benchpresser to not arch, without it being retarded. Are you going to start measuring the distance between the highest point of their back off the bench, and the bench, then relate that to their overall height, or something? That would be impossible to train with. Right now the rules say that your feet, ass, head, and shoulders all have to be planted on the ground. There's not much else as a rulemaker that you can do.

This guy just has freak tier spinal mobility, and yeah, makes the lift more about mobility than pec strength. If there was an easy way to make him not arch so sharply, it would be done, but there isn;t.
>>
>>41528880
he has probably a lot of muscle mass, he's just a really small dude with a tiny frame.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRdn2f5gqCU/?taken-by=strongeddie
>>
>>41528888
agree, but only absolutely strict form, the standing flat bench stuff needs to be forbidden too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1ytBh6kgU
>>
>>41528128
This was 10 times more impressive than the manlet OP posted.
>>
>>41528947
im curious as to how this would be enforced though. Obviously standing flat bench is retarded and also pretty fucking unhealthy for your spine, I imagine, considering the amount of hyper extension and load.

How do you tell if a guy is leaning back too much or uses too much leg drive?
>>
>>41528918
he doesn't

powerlifting apologies are the worst, you guys always have to justify your numbers=mass dogma which obviously doesn't hold in many cases. The guy is pretty fucking small, but he has a high neuromuscular efficiency allowing him to handle those heavy loads and have a great relative strength
>>
>>41528974
It's wishful thinking, it would be pretty hard to judge it across several federations. Maybe standardized analysis (with computerz and sheeit?), i.e. slight leg bend = no lift, back bending more than X degrees = no lift

or we go the way of the strict curl (that has found its way into a few competitions in the recent years) and make it with a board that goes up to your mid back (and then absolutely 0 leg drive/bend allowed), although that would lead to slightly increased numbers due to increased stabilization
>>
>>41525137
The ass was fat
>>
>>41528917
why try to complicate things so?

just require a minimum ROM in absolute terms, i.e. move the bench at least 60cm vertically, or no lift

its not like a hughe number of ppl aren't excluded from the sport due to genetics already; adding a few unfortunate manlets more won't make a difference
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.