[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calorie Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: egg.jpg (6KB, 225x183px) Image search: [Google]
egg.jpg
6KB, 225x183px
Is nutrition info based on the raw product, or if you cook it a certain way?

For example, eggs. Is the nutrition label for a raw egg? Hard boiled? Something else?

How would I figure out how cooking something a certain way changes the calories? Without adding anything, just the way that cooking in itself changes the caloric value of food.
>>
Why would cooking change the nutritional value? If you fry something in oil, simply add the oil. Boiling shouldn't do anything.

Only confusion might be if you should take the raw or cooked weight of pasta or rice since they absorb water.
>>
>>41522923
It's raw/uncooked weight on labels here in Norway.
>>
>>41522864
this is bait right?
>>
>being this autistic
>>
>>41522923
It breaks down the bonds in the food and makes it easier to digest, decreasing the calories spent digesting it and therefore more net calories overall.

Basic evolution, when humans learned to cook, our food become more nutritional. I thought this was common knowledge? I especially assumed so on /fit/
>>
>>41522864
Well if you burn it, you'll lose some calories.
>>
>>41522864
>>41522923
>>41522996

Cooking actually change some of the food's parameters (nutrient absorbtion for your body).
So eating not properly prepared food can "modify" the macros up to an extent :
there'll still be X proteins , Y carbs Z fats, and A micronutrient, but those might not be all available for your body<
>>
>>41523064
This guy understands.

I'm wondering if there is any way to account for this change?
>>
>>41523034
Calories used for digestion are never taken into account in nutritional value or else most vegetables would have negative calories. Neither are unabsorbable proteins and the like.

The actual amount of macros in your food doesn't change from cooking it.
>>
>>41523093
I'm >>41523064

Short answer :
No i don't think

Long answer :
Pretty hard.
Biological parameters are hard to estimate because of :
- Lack of accuracy of assesing methods
- Biological variations between individuals
That's why even the GI (glycemic index is not a reliable data - itreally bothered me when i learn it-)
Also calories are calculated roughly from those values :
1g carb/protein = 4kcal
1g fat = 9kcal
Those kcal values are rough estimations from the energy liberated by chemical reactions from your metabolism (correlated to the amount of ATP equivalent produced). They're not representative of the actual amount of energy given to your body, they only show how much energy is liberated when consuming 1g of carb/fat/protein in a metabolic pathway
>>
>>41523102

Stop saying things. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Eggs are a perfect example.
The nutrition from a cooked egg is vastly different from that of a raw egg.
Same with meat. Same with, to some extent though less significant in terms of macronutrients, vegetables.
>>
>>41523213
Well he was actually right about the macros of the food. X carbs/proteins/fats stays X carbs/prots/fats if they are not distorted by the cooking process
What differs mostly is their biodisponibility for your body, that's what i explained here >>41523064
>>
>>41523213
Everything I said was correct you faggot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.