[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/. Is lookism ,discriminatory treatment towards ugly people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: slayer11.jpg (53KB, 523x618px) Image search: [Google]
slayer11.jpg
53KB, 523x618px
/fit/. Is lookism ,discriminatory treatment towards ugly people and preferential bias towards good looking people, actually a real phenomenon in society?

Share your stories.
>>
no and instagram is proof of that
>>
>>41522681
>actually a real phenomenon in society?

It's my life story dude. It's very real.

I started living the day I stopped being an ugly, unattractive mess.
>>
>>41522681
It does, and it should.
>>
>>41522681
Of course it's real. People have inherent bias to people they find physically attractive. It's not fair or righteous, but it's the way it is. Life is cruel and unfair.
>>
>>41522681
It always was and always will.
Just changes with social norms and "politically correctness", but the truth is that a fatty will always be a fatty
>>
>>41522728
Tell us more, anon.
>>41522756
As though you'd be even the last person to benefit from such treatment.
>>
>discriminatory treatment towards ugly people and preferential bias towards good looking people, actually a real phenomenon

Yes, it's real. Many studies have been done on it, and usually even lesser-qualified hot people get the job over a more-qualified fuggo.

Personally, I've had many jobs over the years and at many of them it wasn't even a few months after being hired that they would start talking to me about promotions.

>Studies have shown that attractive people are usually hired sooner, get promotions more quickly, and are paid more than their less-attractive coworkers.

>Attractive people earn an average of 3 or 4 percent more than people with below-average looks, according to Daniel Hamermesh, professor of economics at the University of Texas at Austin and author of the book "Beauty Pays: Why Attractive People Are More Successful."
>>
>>41522779
>Tell us more, anon.

Not much to say. I was incredibly skinny in highschool. I was also short due to the delayed puberty that not feeding enough caused me. To top it off, I wore glasses and had long, messy hair.

People just didn't want me around.

I fixed all of this, started dressing well. And all of the sudden I found conversations easier, people responded to me better, they actually gave me the time of the day.
>>
If it's a sentient being living on this planet, it's inherently lookist. Nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>41522681
It's called the halo effect. People instinctively ascribe positive traits to something that they can already see positive traits in, and vice versa. Physical attractiveness is often the first thing a person can gauge on meeting you, so it often becomes a proxy for their entire view of you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.