[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I doing this right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/ first time actually exploring this board and wanted to ask if my current routine is working out.

I've been following reddits advice and figure you guys probably have a solid idea of whats actually going on.

I've been doing keto for the past 20 days, alongside with intermittent fasting (I eat once per 24 hours). I've also been running/walking blocks around my neighborhood for an hour every day or other day depending on if I have the time.

I started off at 292, 6'1 and am now at 270. I understand that most of this is likely simply "water weight" as well as completely cutting out fast food/soda.

I was ultimately curious on the effectiveness of intermittent fasting and keto in your guys mind. I was also curious if I should start lifting weights or not, I'm already kind of muscular due to muscle memory under all my fat from working out a lot from 14-18 (20 now, used to do sports).

I don't honestly want to gain super muscle and look ripped or super toned, just moderately normal/above normal. I've been a pretty big guy all my life and want to look a bit more feminine then I have in the past.
>>
If I were you I'd just focus on diet and HIIT training. Nothing fancy and the results will speak for themselves
>>
>>41519125
Alright, I suppose my current running regimen would fall under HIIT? Or are there any specific plans I should follow?

Also when I'm running I get sharp calf pains after running for a while. My endurance is starting to catch up where I can run for a long period of time but the calf pain restricts me. Any way to get around this?
>>
>>41519067
>following random advices on le internet
> combining keto and fasting
> fasting fucking meme

Please stop doing what you find randomly on the internet.

To cut, if you're a DYEL :
>Step 1 :
1) Eat properly, stop eating soda and pizzas, eat clean food
2) Workout (gym,cardio....)
You'll lose a lot of weight already

> Step 2 :
1) Once you've learned yo eat properly,
>PROGRESSIVELY FUCKING PROGRESSIVELY cut carbs
2) Continue working out
You'll lose weight from eating less carbs (and not fucking eating more fats/prots)

> Step 3:
You should already have lost 80% of the unwanted weight, and you shouldn't do step 3, or do it very exceptionally :
Go keto = Under 50 carbs (lot of vegies/fruits), more prots/fats
>>
>>41519145
Better shoes, or do low impact HIIT (on bike/stair meme thing/elliptical/rowing) until you are less fat.
>>
>>41519201
I've been eating eggs bacon sausage chicken all with spinach and some salad. Would this count as you say of "eating clean food"?

I haven't been eating any carbs at all really, other then what comes from salad and herbs/spinach.

Does fasting really not work? And why wait to do keto until you've lost weight?
>>
>>41519210
Alright I'll try some alternatives to running as well, I bought some nice running shoes that work really well and have increased my ability to run, but by the end of the hour my calves are fucking splitting.
>>
>>41519252
IF worked well for me (-80lbs) because it helped me control my caloric intake. The other claimed benefits like increases test or whatever could vebtotal bullshit idk.
>>
>>41519267
Do you heel strike a lot? Might need to work on your form. But yeah, low impact stuff.
>>
>>41519467
Just looked into it, yeah I do, definitely going to work on this first thing.
>>
>>41519501
Thought so. Better keep the running for when you have lost considerable weight and acquired good form, keep to brisk walks and meme machine HIIT for the time being. I should know, fucked my knees and shins while attempting couchto5k at 260lbs. Oops.
>>
>>41519252
Don't listen to the naysayers. I don't have links to articles on hand, but from what I understand going for periods where you aren't heavily digesting foods is good for your body. Your body can handle long periods between meals and has its own processes that get activated when you do so. I read something about gene expressions and body repair that don't happen until you reach that state. If early humans had to hunt for food, they wouldn't be eating 3 meals a day and snacking in between. That's the gist of what I've read.
>>
File: conair.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
conair.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>41519252
>bacon
>sausage
>Would this count as you say of "eating clean food"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.