[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ - question that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 33

File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Old one hit bump limit.

Does carb/fat ratio really matter as long as I hit my protein goals?
>>
>>41518000
Can someone recommend me some good protein powder?
>>
No. Just make sure they aren't ridiculous.
>>
>>41518041
ON gold standard or myprotein are safe bets.
>>
Should I lift after a night of booze? Feel bad for eating like shit and want to gym. I don't feel 100% but it's not much of a hangover.
>>
>>41518000
>checkd

Some carbs spike your insulin making your body use that for energy making it harder to lose fat. Of course, if your macros fit then you will lose weight, just not as quickly, for bulking it doesn't matter as much. At least that's how I've understood it.
>>
Do you mix protein powder with milk or water?
>>
File: 1495135853126.png (19KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495135853126.png
19KB, 700x600px
I really like the greyskull program, but i'm looking to do more of a intermediate program now. Could I just add more sets/reps to this program an keep doing it?
>>
File: doorgym2.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
doorgym2.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
Parents gave me a gift of a door gym, is it a gimmick or are there actual routines that are worth doing on this thing?
>>
>>41518062
If you can still keep form and intensity up to par just go. The main danger in working out while not feeling well is mostly injury from fucking something up with too much weight in your hands.
>>
Hello my dudes, my gf has backpain and is asking me for some back exercises, what can i teach her that also works out the ass?
she is skellymode btw pls respond
>>
>>41518137
Milk for bulking. Water for maintaining/cutting
>>
>>41518159
No. If you like greyskull you'll probably like 531 though.
>>
>>41518168
Meme gym. Sell/Return it and use that money for a gym membership you simple bitch
>>
>>41518192
Goblet squats, deadlifts, RDL's, hyperextensions, there's a bunch of shit
>>
>>41518077
You've understood it wrong
>>
What are the most brutal laxatives ?
Otc or prescription , what would savage your colon
>>
>>41518000
Well ofc. Balance your macros and have some carbs before/after the gym.
>>
>>41518077

wait so if I eat a complex carb like brown rice, but I eat a lot of it at once, am I probably going to end up giving myself an insulin spike?
>>
>>41518230
Oral castor oil without a single doubt, along with a fuckton of really cold milk mixed with a shot of high proof clear spirit (not ingested at the same time but close to one another). Proceed with caution, can and will be toxic after a certain dosages.

What you need it for? Genuine curiosity.
>>
>>41518268
I just want to see what would happen . I can't drink milk or alcohol though .
>>
>>41518000
Recently been having terrible chest pain. Non-pec, like from the inside kind of chest pain.

Is it time to ditch coffee?

How do I tell it's heart-related or not?
>>
>>41518281
>>>41518000 (OP) (You)
>Recently been having terrible chest pain. Non-pec, like from the inside kind of chest pain.
That doesn't sound good anon
>Is it time to ditch coffee?
Why would you assume that? Could be but there's many possibilities
>How do I tell it's heart-related or not?
See a doctor.
>>
>>41518281
No way to tell unless you see a doctor .
You could have pulled some weird muscle in your chest
>>
>>41518198
Alright, thanks man.
>>
>>41518279
Oh. Well SOMETHING will happen for sure with the castor oil kek

If you cannot drink dairy to begin with, having some will be a laxative in itself too.
>>
How long must rice cool/chill before i fry it?
>>
>>41518306
I want to take a day where I have nothing to do and destroy my colon. Milk makes me really ill so I'll avoid it.ill try castor oil as one part of my concoction
>>
I can't tell if its just a reddit echo chamber or not. I see more and more "progressive" posters and signs around the halls supporting immigration, LGBTQP+ rights, Muslim rights e.t.c

Just shit like this is becoming more and note apparent in my day to day life

I'm disgusted. I'm not racist, hell, I've been on /fit/ for so long I'm probably gay myself, but all this shit disgusts me.

I don't know how to fight it...

Is the world really changing this way?
>>
Why the hell do TDEE estimates vary so much on different sites? Petty depressing cause i just want to do a lean bulk, not get fat or just spin my wheels in one place either. What's the most accurate one you guys have used?
>>
Are energy/fatloss capsules/pills a meme, or do they actually help?
>>
Does creatine have any benefit for cardio or does it increase explosive strength only?
>>
>>41518340
Yep. The world is indeed changing, whether you like it or not. That's what progress is all about. I was like you, upset about shit that I didn't like. Then I realized it's pointless to bother yourself with things you cannot stop or change, so instead I stopped giving a fuck and focused all of my attention on what really matters - mad gainz. Fags gonna fag, muslims gonna bomb, and I'll just be there in the gym, lifting.
>>
Does anyone know of an app that just records sleep? As in, you just put in the numbers, it shows you a graph over time, that's all there is to it? Everything I've found has so many bells and whistles it defeats what I'm looking for.
>>
I'm looking for non-animal foods that are high in any of the following:

>vitamin B3
>vitamin E
>calcium
>magnesium
>zinc
>potassium
>methionine
>tyrosine

please respond

>>41518340
No, more and more people are moving away from the center and more towards the extremes, the silent majority appears to move in a more right wing direction while there's still the vocal minority you're describing.
>>
>>41518404
What numbers? You mean just hours of sleep? Excel could do that
>>
>>41518451
Not just hours, what time they happen at. I have fucked up sleep and need to track it before getting a sleep study.
>>
>>41518436
Try some nuts and berries. Look into it. Better to eat animals though.
>>
>>41518367
Anyone?
I'm ordering stuff right now.
>>
>>41518436
Back when I was vegan I desperately looking for certain amino acids and the best information source I found was scoobys protein calculator
I think sesame was the stuff that best supported soy
Then I stopped being autistic
>>
>>41518436
Get zma from myprotein
>>
>>41518436
Soy milk usualöy has calcium added
>>
Will I be happy if I stop being fat?
>>
I was not diligent with taking my creatine every day, instead I guesstimate I was taking it every other/third day. If I want to catch up, should I just take it daily from now on, or should I load up again? My last load up phase was ~2 months ago.
>>
>>41518567
You will be definitely less sad, because happy and sad are related, but not entirely opposite spectrums. They're a composite of many factors.
>>
>>41518340
>Is the world really changing this way?

No. Wherever you live is actually behind the Zeitgeist. Attitudes are shifting towards Nationalism and reaction fairly quickly. They are just digging in their heels.
>>
>>41518404
SleepBot, for Android. It has a clock and a graph tracker
>>
File: 1487799167058.jpg (58KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487799167058.jpg
58KB, 600x800px
>>41518000
I ate 5 peanut butter sandwich and drank coke last night

now my tummy is rumbling like crazy. I'm currently drinking alot of water to stop the rumbling but will it help?
>>
>>41518337
we all have our weird hobbies I guess. godspeed m8
>>
>>41518337
You should definitely layer them, not drink them all at once.

I once tried to drink lemon-flavored creatine with vanilla tasting protein. I can stomach the two separately but that almost made me vomit.
>>
>>41518569
no loading whatsoever. 5-7g a day and thats it
>>
>>41518603
Your post and picture is so cure

Ily
>>
Is having bicarbonate of soda every day bad for you?

I make oatmeal cakes by mixing oats, protein powder and milk and like to add about half a spoon of bicarbonate of soda to make it raise into a big cake lol.

Could this affect me negatively in any way?
>>
>>41518000
>Does carb/fat ratio really matter as long as I hit my protein goals?

Not really. Here's a breakdown of 3 options

>High fat/low carb

This will make your workouts tougher, but some people prefer it for satiety. They will also REEE hard over insulin spikes, but remember that insulin is one of the most anabolic substances in your body.

>Low fat/high carb
This tastes bland to some people. If you get most of the carbs from refined grains and sugars, you might get big energy crashes (more likely if you're a fatty, or skinny-fat with a sedentary recent history). More carbs gives you more energy to workout, though. Carbs are also more muscle sparing than fat, and it's slightly harder (note, harder, NOT IMPOSSIBLE) to store them as fat. More on this in a minute

>Moderate fat/moderate carb
This will give you some of the benefits of both of the more restrictive options - more energy for workouts, better satiety and taste from the fat - as well as allowing you to worry less about the foods you pick because you don't need to meet odd macro requirements. The disadvantage is that freedom can be a curse and make it easier for you to eat junk. You still have to be smart about your food choices, you just have a bit more play with high-fat and high-carb options

Also, IMO a big reason that people see faster results on unbalanced macro diets (high fat/low carb or low fat/high carb) has to due with the body's energy systems. Your body *prefers* to store dietary fat and use carbs for energy because those are metabolically the easiest pathways. It will use fat for energy or store carbs as fat if it needs to due to your diet, but these are backup processes that take extra energy to process. This might burn an extra 50-200 calories a day depending on your exact diet. That doesn't sound like a lot, but 100 calories a day is about an extra 1lb lost every month. A typical 500 calorie deficit becomes a 600 calorie diet. That turns a 10 week cut into an 8 week cut.
>>
>>41518737
Cute*
>>
Is what scooby says true, that unless you are very low bodyfat, or very advanced, you can easily build muscle and burn fat at the same time , eating maintenance calories like in his calculator?
>>
Do I need to eat same amount of calories on rest days when bulking? Its harder to eat big on rest days when im not active as much.
>>
>>41518755
Yes
>>
>>41518239
Not quite sure but the more refined a food product is the worse it is for you usually. Read up on a ketogenic diet. Should work well if you're cutting. Never tried it cause no self control, way too hard in my country. Meat ain't cheap.
>>
>>41518000
I've been cutting for quite some time now and it has been fine but now I'm trying to get rid of the stubborn fat and its annoying as fuck(1700kcals to be just on a 300 deficit)

I can eat fine by choosing low calorie/high volume foods but the problem comes at night, it's when I start craving food for some reason, it seems nothing satisfies the hunger, I have a bit of oatmeal 1h before bed but even so it seems it doesnt kill off the hunger

why's that?
>>
How do I NOT fuck up with supplements? I like to take ZMA since I lift and box and my diet doesnt seem to hit the recommendation so exceeding the RDV seems fine since it goes away on sweat and piss, and also I'm following the recommended dosage.

but what about Vitamin D? How do I supplement it? Heard bad things about it
thought about picking the 2500iu from myprotein and take it once per day
>>
>>41518769
Might be some micronutrient deficiency, try taking chromium tablets. Also try having a cheat day, might be because your glycogen stores are depleted.
Or alternatively, willpower.
>>
Are supplement capsules legit or is it just a meme?
>>
>>41518844
generalize a bit more, i fucking dare you
>>
>>41518832
I'm going with the willpower at the moment.
pretty annoying how my weight is fluctuating though, for this past month I 've been between the 65-67kg range
so now its getting late for summer so im going hardcore on this fucker and eating as less as possible with high protein
>>
>>41518367
The only fat loss pill that's not a meme is DNP. Too bad that it's dangerous af.
>>
>>41518358
It's a guideline. You use that guideline to figure out your own TDEE. If you eat 2500 every day for a week and you lost weight, your TDEE is lower and vice versa. It's easy to figure out your TDEE if you track your weight and what you eat.
>>
Is protein powder effective for people who wanna lose weight? Or is it for muscle building only?
>>
>>41518769
Toughen up. Drinking coffee + water tends to help me when I'm cutting tho.
>>
>>41518755
Sure but don't expect any significant gains.
>>
Will I die if I eat nothing but omelettes for every meal?
>>
>>41518887
Yes. It's the most efficient protein source calorie-wise
>>
>>41518887

Its actually better for losing weight if anything.
Its a low calorie source of protein, which is like the most important part of a good fat loss diet.
>>
>>41518926
Yes
>>
does anyone here take probiotics? if so what benefits have you noticed from taking them? what brand do you recommend?
>>
>>41518928
>>41518931
Thanks!
Ill guess i will get some. Is 100% Whey Gold Standard a good one? It's on sale on my local "gym" store.
>>
>>41518764
>>
>>41518992
Yeah that's fine. Myprotein is also good if you want one the cheapest one that still maintains high quality.
>>
>>41518764
Yes those are the most important days to eat.
>>
>>41518769
Cause you're fat and bored.
>>
>>41518985
bump
>>
Bench
OHP
Dips
Cable flies
Shrugs

would these 5 be good for building nice arms/shoulders/chest?
>>
Would fasted HIIT jump rope be effective for fat burning for a half hour session. Anyone used jump rope for cardio?
>>
>>41519286

Yes.
Maybe consider adding in some lateral raises, or (careful) behind the neck press to keep your shoulders a bit more balanced.

>>41519324
Yes it would if you do it properly.
I see a lot of people doing it half assedly in the gym and its not worth much that way. You have to push yourself no matter what type of cardio. There is no easy cardio if you want results.
>>
>>41518000
Lifting for boxing question :
I'm thinking about doing a high rep, low weight, lots of compound lifts, full body routine to complement my kick-boxing training

Without getting into hairsplitting considerations, would that be good?
>>
>>41519343
what is different between the behind the neck press and the OHP? I've tried lateral raises before but i can never get them to feel "right"
>>
>>41519432

BTN press uses the middle head of the delts a bit more than regular OHP.
I wouldn't recommend trying to go heavy with BTN press though, if you fail, or mess up you could snap your shoulder up. So keep it lighter and in the 10-15 rep range.

As for lat raises, keep arms straight, lean forward slightly, don't bob your head like a chicken. Palms facing down so you don't get temped to pull the biceps into the movement.
>>
>>41518748
bamp
>>
>>41519445
alright cool, ill have to try them out and see what i like more. Im between cycles of c6w right now and was just looking for something that felt better for upper body since it felt like i wasnt making as much progress on bench as i was on Squat/deadlift
>>
best rear delt exercise for hyperthrophy?
>>
>>41519380
Yes
>>
When referncing to big four - 1/2/3/4 for example, do anons mean 1RM? And what's the order of those exercises? Bench/ohp/squat/dl?
>>
Why are powerlifters so fat and ugly?
>>
>>41519617
O/B/S/D for reps
>>
>>41519693
And by squat stat they mean squatting in rack, not in smith machine right?
>>
>>41519721
of course
>>
How dangerous would it be to work out on equipment that's rated for 40 pounds lower than your weight?
>>
>bench 165 1x4 wednesday
>Can barely manage 1x2 today

why is this happening? I'm not cutting either, been eating tdee +500 everyday.

I'll admit I don't feel as though I have as much energy on sundays because I don't eat a whole lot beforehand since I work out much earlier in the morning than wednesdays - could that be the problem?
>>
How much weight do I need to OHP to be able to OHP a woman for reps and make it look effortlessly?
>>
>>41520180
Depends on the woman you want to impress. Pick some petite chick and you could be getting away with sub-100. Pick a chubby and you might need 150, and finding a lighter girl.
>>
Is it normal for my deadlift to vastly overpower my squat?
Just did 200lb DL for 5x5, but I can't do more than 150 for my squat.
3 months liftan btw
>>
>>41520171
Bad days happen m8, just like good days. Mark it as a wash and just keep lifting
>>
This is a general dieting/kcal question so skip ahead if you don't give a shit

So my mom really loves this fucking type of pita bread. When I'm over, she's always making something with it and I don't really want to be rude or anything so I just comply and eat less for that day.
However, I just once checked the nutritional values of that fucking thing and I kinda don't understand where the fuck everything's coming from.
It's listed as 400kcal for 100g.
Ingredients: Wheat flour, water, sugar, yeast, salt
Nutritional info (rounded up): 2g fat, 54g carbs, 10g proteins.
Calculated with the invidivual values of what it consists of, I'm left with around 275 kcal (which seems to be in line with what most sources say it should have).
So where the fuck does the additional 125kcal come from? Am I missing some other magical calorie generating ingredients or was whoever made that label just fucking retarded?
>>
>>41520423
No way there's only 54g of carbs in there. The rest is probably sugar. Since it is usually separate from carbs on the nutrition label
>>
>>41520457
Well it's listed as 54g carbs, of which 4g are supposed to be sugar. Sugar still has pretty much the same caloric value as carbs, right?
>>
>>41520286
50lb difference is nothing to worry about especially when you don't even DL 2pl8. I know a guy who DLs 4pl8+ and hasn't gotten a 3pl8 squat yet.
>>
>>41519661
Check out Larry Wheels. The powerlifters who compete in weight classes look a lot better tho
>>
So I haven't worked out in a year. I recently did so. After 3 days my arms are still sore. Should I work out again or wait till the soreness has gone completely?
>>
>>41519286
No that is awful. Doing very little for triceps/biceps/forearms/side delts/rear delts
>>
File: 87569.gif (998KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
87569.gif
998KB, 250x251px
Am I fucked for not working out for a week?
>>
>>41520521
It's just DOMS keep going you pussy
>>
>>41520523
No
>>
>>41518000
Is there like a Minimum/Maximum AGE to workout?
>>
>>41520212
So if I OHP 1pl8 I can OHP a petite (<110 lbs) girls for at least 5 reps?
>>
>>41520561
No
>>
>>41520561
Nope. There are kids as young as 4-5 years old who are getting ripped and guys into their 90s who are still doing daily exercise.

>>41520583
Basically, if you can OHP an X amount of weight, you should be able to do it regardless of whether that weight comes in plate or girl form. Granted, you won't have as good of a grip on a girl as you would on a dumbbell, so you should consider adding a bit of an overhead in weight to account for that.
>>
I slipped on ice maybe 2 months ago and my knee got hurt and it still doesnt feel too good, i guess squatting atg doesnt help and every time i go down to squat it hurts so i started wearing knee wraps put it still doesnt feel good. what should i do? take joint sups?
>>
is there a big difference between 1g protein per lb body weight and 0.5g?
>>
>>41520732
Yeah. One's twice as much as the other.
>>
File: 1465250656605.png (687KB, 585x504px) Image search: [Google]
1465250656605.png
687KB, 585x504px
I'm skinny-fat (6'0 120lbs) and I want to be as skinny-muscular as possible, preferably without gaining any weight.

Should I fast and exercise, or instead just exercise?

If it's relevant, I only eat fish, nuts, cheese, vegetables, rice, noodles, and chicken, and I only drink water and tea.
>>
>>41520732
The first is arguably a bit less than recommended, the second is definitely too little.
>>
File: 1493598978073.jpg (64KB, 245x269px) Image search: [Google]
1493598978073.jpg
64KB, 245x269px
>>41520804
>6'0
>120lbs
>preferably without gaining any weight.
>>
>>41520952
i want to be cute
>>
File: olsldl.png (1MB, 1136x725px) Image search: [Google]
olsldl.png
1MB, 1136x725px
I don't want to squat or deadlift anymore, I do not want to risk a back injury. I've considered three alternatives, pistol squats, dumbbell split squats and dumbbell stiff-leg single-leg deadlifts.

These all seem to hit the quads and the posterior chain, but what would I lose by doing these alternatives instead of doing basic barbell squats and deadlifts? Is there any way to make up these loses?
>>
>>41520958
Cute is all about face (and proportions, both of which are mainly genetic), your body is only really relevant for online attention whoring.
>>
>>41518000
I've recently gotten back into Swimming after years, was on the swim team prior back when

However, when I attempt to swim for longer than 15 minutes I become violently Nauseous and have to leave to vomit and munch down Gasex like candy.

No coffee or anything that normally causes me gastric distress.

Anyone know anything Google only shows theory crafting
>>
>>41518159
buy pp 3rd ed
But check out texas method, 5/3/1, and madcow. All good intermediates.

>>41518000
>Does carb/fat ratio really matter as long as I hit my protein goals?
No, as long as you get some of each. Do try to hit your vitamin micros too.
>>
Is it possible to lose muscle while retaining strength?

Is it healthy to maintain this reduced muscle state?
>>
How do I stop ageing? I don't want wrinkles or anything. I'd like to stay looking around 17 if possible (I'm 22).
>>
>>41521475
lots of sleep and eating healthy. also fasting once in a while. it slows down the aging cells. exercise, laugh a lot, be in a good mood. smoke some weed
>>
>>41521389
no

cutting lowers testosterone, especially the deeper you get. you avoid too much cutting by not exessively bulking. stick to +0.5kg/month and cut maybe once a year 2kg in one month
>>
Need to do some running, typically I only cycle but would like to expand.
I need some cheap(ish) running shoes, anyone got any suggestions? (UK)
>>
>>41520977
Pistols are a meme, a balance trick. Compare them to skater squats or high step-ups and you'll see exactly what I mean, in terms of the difficulty to perform them vs the actual work done by the bent leg.

For low-risk (to your back) alternatives to squats and deadlifts, try FRONT SQUATS and TRAP BAR DEADLIFTS. In sports applications the front squat is often used for players to rehab before they are cleared for back squats. You can't "good morning" a front squat, and the procedure to ditch them is easy, drop them in front. If you can't get the right wrist position at first, use straps (google image search to see this). Trap bar deads have a LOT less shear on the spine than conventional deadlifts and you can use either the high or low handle position depending on what you prefer.
>>
how do I progress on ab wheels?
>>
>>41518239
if you eat anything your insulin will go up.
>>
>>41522119
Put weight on your back, change starting position (if you used to do them on your knees do them standing up, if that then do them with feet elevated on something and so on), also by go slower and slower, forcibly holding tension at awkward points or taking a minute of full tension for one rep and such. No real way to progress besides that, those are just the usual ones people recommend.
>>
>>41522080
pistol squats are based, fuck you. but i agree people overestimate the actual work done, especially at lower bodyweight with none added in hands or on back.
>>
File: 1493702192688.jpg (69KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
1493702192688.jpg
69KB, 306x331px
>>41522119
tfw i cant even do ab wheel on knees without back giving in
>>
>>41521678
brooks ghost 9 or glycerin 13 for all around running, asics piranha 5 for sprint work, new balance 1600 for long distance up to marathon. all rather neutral and cheapish to buy online, if you got weird feet or are really poor i sadly cannot help.
>>
how do I whiten my teeth without going to the dentist for an expensive procedure? what products do you guys use?
>>
Just how important are deadlifts for making gains?

hurt my back doing them and required surgery. Ideally i'd like to squat and bench but am worried i'll be missing out on gains if I completely ignore deadlifting
>>
File: IMG_0893 (2).jpg (75KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0893 (2).jpg
75KB, 600x750px
>>41518436
>vitamin E
Olive oil
>magnesium
>zinc
teff i believe will have alot of them. brazil nuts too.
>potassium
banana
use google next time you moron.
>>41518567
happines is what you make it. if you hate being fat then yes you will be happier after losing weight.
>>41519286
you arent even working your arms. add in curls and lying tricep extension.
>>41519489
rows.
>>41520286
DL is traps, hams, forearms, posterior chain while squats is just posterior chain and quads. dl will be more always because your back is stronger than your legs usually.
>>41520521
lighter weight while sore can actually help, once blood pumps through again the soreness will diminish.
>>41520977
do rack pulls for trap and back growth that isnt as strenuous as deadlifts.
>>41522119
do it half way extended, then go further out from starting point.
>>41522291
do rack pulls and rows and you will be fine. they are both easier on the body.
>>
>>41522291
Trap bar deadlift. Also rows, chin-ups.
>>
>>41518000
IMO- no.

As long as you hit your protein, you don't have too much or too little of carbs/fats, and you hit a healthy TDEE, you're set. Again just IMO and my experience.
>>
Doing SS - now my squat (3x5) is at 95kg, which feels pretty heavy for me. Deadlift is at 130kg (1x5). The program suggests to do DL and heavy squats on the same day. Today I got lower back pain during DL warmup (after heavy squats and OHP), so i stopped at 120kg.

Should I put DLs on a separate day of the week or just squat less weight on DL-days? I'm still progressing quite well, so I don't want to switch programs yet.
>>
>>41522322
Rack pulls?
>>
What macros should I expect from /fit/ approved bread? I've bought some good-looking bread but I want to check that's it's up to standard.
>>
>>41518862
Are supplements legit or just a meme?
>>
>>41522434
Do a light squat on Deadlift day. There are a few different ways of doing this. You could do 1x5 at your current 3x5 squat weight and then do 2x5 at 80% for volume; or you could skip the 1x5 and just do the squats at 2x5x80% of the 3x5 weight on those days; or you could do Front Squats for maybe 3x3 on those days. Pick whichever works for you.
>>
>>41522449
yes, the whole bunch of about 200-250 different things you can supplement nowadays can be generalized into a single yes or no answer jesus fucking christ kill yourself.

in general, you can get by with a clean balanced diet. there are supplements which amend some shortcomings in diet, some which are useful but not needed, some which are useful but not for the common noncompeting lifter/bb, and of course blatant memes.
>>
>>41518000
My stats is 170kg deadlift, 107kg bench and 120kg squat. Is it a good idea to try Stronglift 5x5?
>>
>>41522472

Thanks! What weight is recommended to start front squats? 80% of 3x5 max? I don't think I could handle 95kg as front squat.
>>
>>41518000
how do I stop dislocating my arm from lifting? it hurts :(
>>
>>41522435
yep. youtube and google it. hits traps and forearms while less painful as deadlifts.
>>
>>41518749
thank you based anon
>>
>>41522510
No you're too strong
>>
File: sp.jpg (44KB, 415x632px) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
44KB, 415x632px
I heard that guys with higher T like thicc/chubby girls.
Is this true and can anyone back it up somewhat scientifically/ anedcotes?
>>
https://storiesofarichteen.wordpress.com/
>>
>>41522589
If you're dislocating your arm either you have seriously damaged ligaments or your form is bad. Get someone experienced to check your form and check your ligs just to be sure.
>>
What's the difference between a pendlay row and a standard barbell row?
>>
>>41518000
My shoulders hurt when I do squats, bench, laying tri extension and some other things to the point where the whole arm on each side is hurting and I have to go home. Sometimes they feel really good when I ohp. Rip says that ohp will fix shoulder pain, I've hit 1pl8 for reps on ohp so it's one of my better lifts, why is this happening? Shouldn't a good ohp make me immune to this? Is there something else I should examine related to fixing my shoulders or continue to press overhead
>>
>>41522685
I have EDS, my ligaments are fine, just stretchy.
>>
>>41518749
That was really helpful. Thanks.
>>
>flipped tires about 2 weeks ago
>fucked up my lower back on the last flip
>pain for a couple days after
>went away for the most part
>just woke up today and it's the worst pain so far
How do I stop my back from hurting? Pls don't tell me this will be permanent.
>>
>>41522689
Maybe you're supporting the bar too much with your arms?
>>
>>41522690
Sorry, my experience doesn't cover EDS. I hope someone else can help you.
>>
File: crossfit vs powerlifting.jpg (125KB, 811x536px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit vs powerlifting.jpg
125KB, 811x536px
>>41522714
Crossfit
Not even once
>>
>>41522688
google them and see urself lol?

pendlays are like vertical to the ground and they touch the ground, normal rows are angled
>>
File: d.jpg (48KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
48KB, 640x799px
I'm a beginner doing SS. Is there a better beginner program that wont give me a big butt?
>>
Doing SS, is there any reason that I shouldn't build up to a have single on cleans and then do 5x3 at about 80% of that weight? I find it really hard to just do linear progression with good form doing sets across
>>
Trying to strengthen lower back and quads. Will doing these help?

Lower back:
>hex bar deadlifts
>hyperextensions

Quads:
>high bar squats
>leg press
>leg extensions

I've been avoiding conventional diddys - I just can't get the form down on them cause I'm dumb.
>>
>>41522979
The fuck? Big butts are loved by all, so what's wrong with you?
>>
>>41523199
What's tripping you up on diddlies?
>>
Is JaxBlade legit, /fit/? I enjoy his content but he's sometimes said eyebrow raising shit like "afterburn effect"
>>
>>41523221
Not quite sure. I find it much easier to maintain a solid brace with the hex bars. Straight bars I end up getting hurt or slamming my knees. Even practiced with kiddy weights to just focus on form and could not for the life of me get it down. It's easier if I just say I'm dumb.
>>
File: 1469305896607.png (2MB, 908x892px) Image search: [Google]
1469305896607.png
2MB, 908x892px
>>41523206
don't wanna look like pic related
>>
>>41522650
the high test meme is that you have so much test you would fuck any warm hole.
>>
>return from gym after heavy (for me) lifting
>take off clothes to shower
>benis has shrunken to a hair covered raisin
>>
>>41523300
Don't worry, you won't ever have an ass like that assuming you don't want to. It would take years and years and years of deliberate flute overtraining. You're a woman, you can't get very big, or very strong without drugs and or decades of dedication. It's not like you touch a barbell once and become a she-hulk. Female testosterone levels are shit, and your estrogen is so high, putting on any muscle mass is super difficult.
>>
>>41523221
I'm cool with sumo diddys too but they gave me a big ass so I don't really need any glut work atm.
>>
>>41523419
I'm a guy tho
>>
>>41523343

no, its a primal instinct to want to smash fat bitches. having enough food to store extra as adipose tissue implies reproductive fitness.
>>
>>41522517
Most people who do both can usually Front Squat about 80% of what they can high bar Back Squat, a little less than that of what they can low bar Back Squat. If you're not familiar with the movement, I'd start by spending the first session doing like 5-6 sets of 3, ramping up from the bar alone to about half what you squat for 3x5. Get a feel for it. Then again the next session a little higher target, and then the third session start with a 3x3 that you know you can do, but that will feel tough. Then start adding lbs in the regular style.

>>41523176
Something like that is reasonable, but 5x3 after the single is probably much. Maybe 2-3 sets of 2-3. Also try working up to your max single, then backing off 20lbs and working up to it again 5lbs at a time, trying to beat it this time when you get to it.
>>
>>41523449
Lol sorry I thought you were a girl, literally every girl who ever posted on fit is like "I wanna be toned but not bulky" LMAO. Anyway, SS will not give you a big ass. Quit being a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 20170417_114714.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_114714.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
I want to squat and deadlift 2 times a week. One time 3x5 with heavy weight (~85% 1RM) and one time 5x10 with medium weight (~70% 1RM). The question is, should I do 2 heavy excercises on the same day, or should I split them for heavy & medium? (eg.: heavy squat and medium dl on the same day and vice versa)
>>
File: download.jpg (16KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 225x225px
What is the best program to reach 1/2/3/4 as fast as possible ?

I was fooled into doing SL for ~5 months and I think my lifts are subpar . ( I started with empty bar)

Current 5 rep maxes:
Squat 90 kg
Bench 70 kg
OHP 45 KG
Rows 60 kg
Dead lift 100 kg

Currently I am doing a 4 day UPPER LOWER split that focuses on one of the main four lifts on each day, but I feel it is sub optimal for pure strength.

I WANT to reach 60/100/140/200 so I could call myself strong.

Which is the optimal program to do it ?

I want to lift 3 to 4 times a week.

PLS HLP
>>
>>41523517
Also I weight 83 kg at 180 cm, male.
>>
>>41523516
hehehehehe penis hehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehe
hehehe
penis
hehehehee
>>
I don't understand if ignoring hunger is actually a good thing or makes your body think it's in starvation mode and is more likely to gain back weight
>>
>>41520804
>I'm skinny-fat (6'0 120lbs)

you're literally underweight the fuck's wrong with you
>>
>>41523476
>Maybe 2-3 sets of 2-3. Also try working up to your max single, then backing off 20lbs and working up to it again 5lbs at a time
I like the way that sounds. Thanks
>>
If I am too hideous to go outside, is milk an adequate substitute for vitamin D?

I'm very pale, fatigued, I'm losing hair all over my scalp and legs and my pubic hair is turning gray, sleep does nothing, etc.
>>
Is alcohol really #1 gains goblin? I get smashed like once a week, and I'm wondering how big of an impact its having
>>
What exercises/movements can I do every damn day besides jogging?
>>
>>41522510

Man, fuck, my deadlift and squat are the same as yours, but bench is only 90kg
>>
>>41523598
hunger is just your body letting you know of a problem, like pain. once you tolerate the pain/hunger for a while your body readjusts and stops sending signals to your brain. You wont feel it anymore and arent in a starvation mode.
>>
File: Groin-Muscle-7.jpg (280KB, 405x331px) Image search: [Google]
Groin-Muscle-7.jpg
280KB, 405x331px
alright so I asked this a few days ago about feeling pain on the groin area/hip socket when squatting. the hip socket pain is almost if not completely gone (other than if I stand in one leg for too much time it hurts when I get back to normal balance) now I did some stretchings and got a really good free squat depth but it still hurts when getting up, but now more around the circled area. I haven't squatted for a weak. I might've gone down on a squat too fast, it was when I started feeling pain
>>
It'll cost me £220 in total to get a bench with stands which can double as a squat rack and an Olympic barbell with 80kg of weights, the bar weighs 20kg, I plan on buying more weights as time goes on, is this worth me doing or should I just go to a gym? I'm pretty autistic as I've got some undiagnosed shit wrong with my throats that I'm sure affects my speech and as a result makes me anxious as fuck and just makes convos uncomfortable a lot of the time for me, I just wanna be left alone when I'm lifting my heart out. I plan on moving out of my parents soon though to a shared accommodation box room type thing, I'm thinking it's gonna be a bitch to keep moving weights around, what do u guys think
>>
File: 1478011726551.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1478011726551.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
I have tight hip flexors and rotators, haven't squatted or deadlifted in a month, what the fuck do I do? Stretching doesn't seem to help (or maybe I'm not doing them often enough) ?
>>
>>41518000
>>41518000
>>41518000
Nice trips, OP.

If i'm a newbie lifter and my 3x/week fullbody program includes benching and OHP every time, should I make one of the days incline bench instead of flat?

Building up my shoulders, lats, and chest is a priority for me since I have dem child bearin hips and want a V taper.
>>
if the only gyms near me are crossfit should i buy some dumbbells or just do calisthenics
>>
>>41520180
Average woman is 160, but unless she's tall or very very sporty (muscled up), 160 is kinda shading into undesirable. I figure if you can rep her weight 10 times on a bar, you can OHP her and make it look efforless, IF she's cooperating, and cooperating effectively.

Non-compliant humans are way harder to lift than a barbell.

Unfortunately the women I pursue are generally sporty and tall, so I'd have to rep 1.5pl8 OHP to effortlessly OHP the girl I've been dating (she's 5'10 in stocking feet, and can bench me tho).
>>
>>41523716
It's not good for you, but isn't a big deal in moderate doses. I don't know what you mean by smashed. IF you mean a half pint of clear liquor in an hour or two and Karaoke, that's different than drinking a 30 rack of beer over the course of 6 hours and shooting at road signs, you know?
>>
How do i live a balanced life?

I quit weed and now that addicition i had switched over to food, i am binge eating almost every night now.

What do i do to live a more balanced life now. I do not want to be fat but i don't want to be a loser always stoned out of his mind. That is the main reason why i got a job instead of going to school this semster, mainly due to me fucking up my grades.
>>
best way to calculate maintenance calories?
different sites are giving me pretty varying answers
>>
When well I get better at squats. I start to make decent progress and something happens. I hit a wall and end up reloading. Been on ss for about 3 months only squat 190lbs. I could probally bench that weight. I have super scrawny legs and have been eat in like a pig
>>
How many sets/reps are optimal for adding as much muscle mass as possible?
>>
>>41525302
myfitnesspal usually does it pretty well, but scoobys site is the preferred alternative.
>>41525343
Make sure you're stretching and doing accessory lifts to compliment the routine
>>41525391
3-5 sets of 8-12 reps would be the main answer
>>
>>41525735
What are some good accessories for legs on home gym? I try to do front squats when doing power cleans but sometimes legs are just dead af. Think I just have really weak ass legs
>>
>>41524912
Check out Dr Kelly Starrett on youtube for some deep hip mobility work.
>>41525762
dumbbell lunges, or any kind of lunge. All depends on your equipment. I'd also say if your legs are excessively tired during a workout you might not be eating enough or going too hard.
>>
File: 1487614640486.jpg (156KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487614640486.jpg
156KB, 960x1280px
Yo bros

What the fuck should i do with my shoulder in a deadlift?
Should i squeeze my shoulderblades together or should i let my shoulders just gang down?

No fucking video adresses this. Help me out bros. I'm starting to lift again after an injury and i don't want to fuck something up.
>>
thoughts on doing a full body workout 3-4 times a week?
>>
What does /fit/ mean exactly when they say "Per Lean bodyweight.", is that weight - fat percentage or something?
>>
>>41525903
I sort of squeeze a little bit, not much, but just like a shrug. I do this because it helps keep my whole back rigid and stop it from rounding. But that's just my technique, Idk if it would work for you.
>>
>>41525903
not the guy who asked, but i also want to know this!!!
>>
I'm thinking of trying keto for a cut, but I'm not sure if I can commit to the diet absolutely 100% of the time. If I eat 1 meal with carbs every week/fortnightish is that enough to reset the whole ketosis process, or if I get straight back on fats afterwards will the damage mostly be mitigated?
>>
If I go out to the clubs and get absolutley wasted on beer and shitty sugary drinks and then vomit it all out when I get home, will this nullify most of the calories or will it be too late cause because the alcohol is already in my blood?
>>
>>41525928
It's all about total volume, not how many days per week you train. And it will depend on whether your routine involves any kind of periodization.

There are hard biological limits to how fast you can recover. So it doesn't matter if you're running 4 days a week or 7. You are physically incapable of surpassing these limitations without temporarily regressing or injuring yourself. So if you're going every day, at least half of those days will end up being low-volume days.

For lifters who are in a peaking period in their program, training 5-6 days a week is common. With low volume / high intensity. For accumulation phases, 3-4 days per week with higher volume is normal.

And of course there are plenty of drugs which allow you to cheat the biology.
>>
R'ing that picture/drawing of a tall, muscular woman mirin a short manlet that was posted a few days ago. No luck on Google.

>Want to fap to her thighs.
>>
Ok should I switch programs. Ss is getting boring af and I wanna gain some size? Phul Or phat or just keep grinding put these linear gains
>>
File: lying lateral raises.jpg (78KB, 460x785px) Image search: [Google]
lying lateral raises.jpg
78KB, 460x785px
>>41518000
If I'm a novice doing a 3x/week fullbody routine based on compounds on a AxAxAxx schedule, could I add some isolation/accessory bullshit on the third A day right before the two days off?

Like some chest flyes, lying lateral raises, curls, and triceps pushdowns? Or will it fuck up my gains?
>>
File: 20170521_225154.jpg (436KB, 1070x1242px) Image search: [Google]
20170521_225154.jpg
436KB, 1070x1242px
Help /fit/, I've started to get pain in the circled area whenever I squat.

I haven't had any pain in 2 years and nothing else has changed, my knees aren't caving in or anything like that.

I've even taken 2 weeks off but the pain comes back on the first set above even 40%.

Any ideas what could be causing this, I really miss squatting
>>
Does 200g of raw chicken breast have the same number of calories if I cooked it?
>>
>>41526624
More or less, depending on how you cook it you might have a couple more from oil. Nothing significant though.
>>
Just came back to the gym after a week..feel discouraged as fuck and want to kill myself. I feel my squat form isn't good at all and I try to fix it...try to put my grip more narrow...feel like a fucking chicken. I usually grip just inside the ring..also with squats am I supposed to push my knees outward?

<------ me --------> like that?

if so...I lose the flatness on my feet when I do that...I dont know what to do...wanna die.
>>
anyone got any routines for getting full bearmode
>>
How do I increase the number of chins I can do?

I'm doing a 5x5 LP and making good progress, but I can't pull for shit. I can only squeeze out 3x3 chins with bad form on the last set. I'm hoping to get to where I can do 3-5 good sets so I can start adding weight for LP, but I feel like I'm not making progress because I can't get in enough volume (i.e., it's hard to progress when you crap out after 9 total reps). It's taken months to get from 3x1 to here.

What can I do to get to a point where I can do a few good sets? Should I try doing a shit load of singles and doubles? Work in negatives? Just keep plugging along with as many as I can do?

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks, anons!
>>
>>41527148
>Should I try doing a shit load of singles and doubles?
Yes. Do at least 20 pull-ups a day, 3 days a week. Increase that number over time.
>>
>>41518000
What's the verdict on brown rice. I only just started eating rice so I only just now found out about the whole arsenic thing. If I soak it overnight so I have to worry? I eat 2.5 cooked cups every day. It's very convenient, cheap, and tasty for me.
>>
>>41518325
It's a matter of taste. You can fry it while it's still warm if you want.

>>41518376
Years of research have convinced me that nobody knows what the fuck creatine actually does or what it's good for. And it seems to do different things for different people. Give it a try and see how you feel.

>>41518790
I know this is an unpopular opinion on here but I think you should be really careful with vitamin supplements. There's an increasing amount of data that large amounts cause all kinds of diseases and decrease longevity. Congress has tried to regulate supplements several times but the industry is just too powerful. Especially something like D you'll get enough from food and sun.
But if you insist on doing meme supplements just google it or buy one of the bazillion homepath/nutrabullshit books on Amazon.

>>41519788
What's the equipment? And what weights are we talking? I wouldn't fuck around with a cheap bench. Those can actually collapse. But if you're just talking a bar worst that happens is it bends and you ruin it.

>>41520699
You should see a doctor. It could be one of any number of things. Some stuff is easy to fix with assistance exercises, some needs rest, some needs surgery. I certainly wouldn't look for an answer in a bottle of supps.

>>41521050
You might just be doing too much. Have you tried easing into it more gradually? If you have and 15 mins seems to be a magic wall I'd see a doctor.

>>41522289
In many states non-dentist cosmetic places like spas can do cheap teeth whitening. google it. I don't worry about tooth whitening but my sister likes whitening toothpaste and crest white strips. Also a dentist friend of mine says that doing all the stuff dentists recommend really will whiten your teeth over time, like brushing regularly, flossing, and avoiding dark drinks.

>>41522446
Don't buy meme bread and don't expect fit to play a guessing game. IIFYM and doesn't have sugar as one of the main ingredients should be fine. Bonus points for fiber.
>>
I'm beginning an Upper/Lower split routine.
My upper days are basically Bench, Rows, OHP, Pullups, Incline Bench, Bicep curls.

Is that enough shoulder/tricep work? I know the tricep kinda gets worked by doing Bench, but is it enough or should I do something differently?
>>
>>41527163
Thanks. Do you just mean do them however I can throughout the day or are you talking something like a squats-and-milk program where I stay there in one session until I get my 20 done whatever it takes?

Any other tips?
>>
>>41523532
>>41523532
The best way to get strong is a linear progression. SS, SL, Grayskull, Bill Starr, etc. are all more or less the same thing. Pick one and do it consistently. If you though SL was going too slow you can try making bigger jumps if you can handle it. If you can't handle the bigger jumps then it means SL is maxing your potential, which is good.
I don't see what you're complaining about tbqh. Sounds like SL got you good progress. In 5 months you were 75% of the way to the 1 and 2 and halfway to your deads goal. If you'd done SL 4 times a week for another 7 weeks you would have hit 1/2/3. Don't be impatient.

>>41523655
You need sunlight. Even if it's just in your backyard. Put on a paper bag if necessary.
Plug your diet into myfitnesspal or app of choice and see what it says about your D micros.

>>41524028
Clarify question. There are brosplits taht will get you in gym 7 days a week.

>>41524121
Try stretches and assistance exercises for hip abductor, adductor, and flexors. Use google and youtube. Do consistently, multiple times a day, for two weeks. If you don't see progress see a doctor. Or see doctor now.

>>41524745
Your speech thing is a bullshiit excuse and your gymphobia is irrational. Every gym I've been too I have no problem working out alone.
But if you want a home gym and have the money/space go for it. Or just wait until you move and get the gym stuff then. If you want to know if it's "worth it" estimate what gym membership would cost, put a dollar value on what home gym advantage is worth to you, and subtract what the hassle of moving costs.

>>41524912
There are good workouts on youtube and google. I was very tight and started doing streches 2-3 times a day. A DAY. Consistently. And saw good progress.

>>41525061
If you're a newbie there's no reason to not do an established routine. Sticky has guidance on the strength ones. You can find info on BB routines here >>41514581 or on google.
>>
why the fuck do I look better after literaly binge-eating over 30k calories in 3 days? I look fucking huge and more muscular than ever, could I have been overtraining all this time and my body just needed food? I am done binging but when it did I couldn't control myself at all, felt like a hungry animal urge, and this is someone who lost 120 pounds of fat.
>>
>>41525069
What are your goals? You really should try to find access to a barbell gym in the long run if you want to get strong or swole. Otherwise if it serves your purposes do cardio or memefit. There are also some good calisthenic programs for strength, google prison workouts, but not as good as barbel IMO.

>>41525285
Plan backwards. Decide what your priorities are and build a plan and schedule that fits them. Create a multi-year plan and hold yourself accountable.
Set a weight goal and use a diet app to track it. Decide how many hours a day/week you want to spend fucking around and don't do more. Basically set a limit ahead of time on how much of the bad stuff you want to be doing and do that. Basically a whole-life version of IIFYM.

>>41525903
>>41525966
You're going to get conflicting answers. IMO best resource for these kinds of questions is SS (the book). Even if you don't do the program the book is cash and worth the money. Rip says not to squeeze shoulders, to keep your back straight and your core tensed (valsalva).

>>41525948
Yes, it's your weight without fat. Turn your fat percentage into a decimal (30% = .30), then subtract from 1 and multiply by your weight. So if you're 30% fat and 200lbs your lean weight is (1-.30)*200 = 140 lbs.

>>41526062
Drinking and vomiting is not a good lifestyle, anon. Get your shit together. And no, it doesn't neutralize because you absorb liquids pretty quickly. All you're doing is trading the good food in your stomach for sugar and alcohol in your bloodstream.

>>41526192
Lifting is a journey and a lifestyle. If you're easily bored you should reassess priorities. Maybe get some gymbros to make gym less serious and more fun.
But SS won't get you big. If you want that do a BB routine.
>>
>>41526226
Short answer you can. As a newbie it's basically impossible to over-train. But if you're really doing full-body compounds most accessories are unnecessary for strength. All you really need are push ups/chins, dips, and maybe back extension and glute raises. Unless you're trying to get in more volume for size.
I'd still say to just do a proven routine instead of making your own, but no adding assistance won't wreck gains.

>>41526599
Try the standard stuff: ice, stretch, assistance for surrounding areas, foam roll, check form. If that doesn't work see a doctor instead of seeking medical advice on a norwegian taco appreciation forum.

>>41527031
Uh, what do you mean by "bearmode"? Just eat a lot and lift a lot.

>>41527179
Verdict in terms of what? Most people still consider it healthy. If you like it and IIFYM go for it.

>>41527244
Are you a beginner? Why not do a proven routine, either one of the classic strength routines or a well-tried BB routine?
"enough" work for what? But bench, row, OHP, pulls, curls, and incline sounds like you're hitting all the main shoulder/tri activities on arm day.

>>41527407
Food is anabolic and a lot of lifters don't eat enough, even when not cutting. Do what works for you.
>>
>>41526114
Your gay fetishes are disgusting.
>>
>>41527407
carbs stored in water in your muscles, gives a pump look, it's temporary

>>41524912
>>41524121
BFS flexibility 1-2-3-4 takes 10 minutes, do daily and after workouts

>>41527249
not him, but yeah do a few at a time, keep well away from failure, and accumulate a lot of them over the day. on days where they are part of your planned workouts maybe also do negatives, but be warned these can cause a lot of soreness so don't do them constantly, maybe a couple days a week at the end of workouts

>>41527179
it's good. doesn't keep as long as white rice and not hugely better for you than white rice but good stuff.

>>41527031
eat too much

>>41526825
relax, dude. it's no big deal. Look for some ss rippetoe vids on form. basically lowbar squats, start with the same grip width you use for bench and adjust from there, yes, it's uncomfortable. knees should track over toes in the same direction, the "push out" on the way down is a cue to make that happen, just like the pulling them in on the way up, but if you look at it from outside it's knees over toes. there's a stretch for you where you squat bodyweight and push your knees out with your elbows hich will help, also the achilles and calf stretches in the BFS program mentioned above

>>41526226
if you're being reasonable it's no big deal. 2-3x10-15 of the curls and pushdowns every workout at the end, try bigger stuff on weekends. don't be stupid and do 6+ sets of shit and don't add full lifts like dips etc. ease in gradual and see how it works for you.
>>
>>41527543
Thanks for all the info. I'm chin up guy. How do I keep well away from failure if I can barely do 3 at a time?
And what's the logic of doing a lot far away from failure? dont you grow by pushing limits?
>>
>>41527511
>Are you a beginner? Why not do a proven routine, either one of the classic strength routines or a well-tried BB routine?

I've been doing nsuns 531 for 4 months now. I'd like to change it up, so got a routine from CandioTraining (Strength/control)
>>
>>41527511
>Verdict in terms of what? Most people still consider it healthy. If you like it and IIFYM go for it.
I'm not asking about weight management. Asking about the arsenic in American grown brown rice.
>>
>>41527579
If you're not a child or breastfeeding I don't get the impression there's anything to worry about if you eat in moderation.
It's not really a US thing. The problem is that arsenic is all around and rice is just very good at absorbing it.
According to the FDA soaking/rinsing before cooking does almost nothing, but you can reduce arsenic by 50% by cooking it like pasta: use excess water and strain.
>>
>>41527578
Ok makes sense. I still don't know what you mean by "enough." And I don't know your volumes/loads. But if you're doing a decent volume or good strength sets of those exercises 2+ times a week that sounds like plenty to me.
>>
>>41525285
Looks like anxiety
When i didnt do anything (idle) i would eat to distract myself,when i couldnt eat i would dwell in melancholy and depression, this took away my motivation and kept me idle and it just went on and on
The trick is never getting yourself idle, the catch is most acessible stuff is also the most time wasting and unrewarding for you as a person (drugs, netflix, vidya, porn)
Do something that is so rewarding you wish you had more time for it, while avoiding doing stuff that solely take away your time and give a empty temporary joy
>>
Which nutrients should I aim my diet for. Right now Im autistic and trying to hit prime of each nutrient.
>>
Can I swing on the L day of my PPL? I hate squatting, anything over 2pl8 hurts my back
>>
>>41527837
>I hate doing something, so I dont want to

Never gonna make it.

Real talk though, it'll get easier, never helps avoiding something hard.
>>
>>41527843
Sorry, swim* not swing. But yeah I think m form was bad. Cause I fixed my deadlift form and suddenly it got a lot easier so I guess I need to work on my squats

I just want to swim
>>
Is it okay to eat at least one slice of whole wheat toast?
>>
>>41527853
swimming is fun just as a hobby and can be done on a rest day, like I do with hiking.

>>41527861
Yes, why is this a question?
>>
>>41527870
Will it help or hurt me in terms of lean body mass? I am trying to be a firefighter so lots of mass isn't my goal
>>
>>41527870
I've been trying to avoid carbs as much as I can, but just eating an egg isn't doing it for me.
>>
I'm a very unfit girl
I have access to a few kettlebells (2x4kg, 8kg and 12kg) and have been doing squats with them
For how long is it reasonable to do that? And how ridiculous is that weight?
>>
>>41527894
they pretty much are only good for upper body exercise
however, you can get some tone and workout your lower body by doing one legged squats with the 12kg bells. do it very slowly, and it may work pretty well. if you can do more than 3x12 of exercise, then its better to get heavier stuff for then
>>
>>41527885
Carbs wont kill you if its just a piece of toast every now and then.
>>
>>41527904
>they pretty much are only good for upper body exercise
How? I got doms in my hamstrings the first days
>>
>>41527882
Same as every other workout, it will help tone your body (depending on how you are swimming). Its your diet that determines mass.
>>
>>41527930
Any good swimming videos? I'm not bad, and can do about a 11 minute 500. My problem is swimming slow for a long time. I just can't do it
>>
>>41527926
it literally 2 weeks you will find that weight way too light for leg work, unless you do 1 leg squats
>>
>girl I'm talking to wants me to suck another guy' dick in a mfm threesome
>she's pretty high test
wat do? are there any other gay things that I can do that wouldn't obliterate my dignity?

To keep it fit related, whats the best way to work your forearms?
>>
>>41518340
A lot of it on Reddit is just a botnet that keeps anti-Trump posts from ShareBlue (a pro-Hillary pac from the campaign rebranded (used to be Correct The Record)) on the front page.
>>
File: 17695253593.png (515KB, 460x470px) Image search: [Google]
17695253593.png
515KB, 460x470px
Hi /fit/ I came from a poor home and did not have proper nutrition growing up. I broke the cycle of poverty and got my own place and started to working out, and I'm seeing results after 2 months but my wrists are skinny, my beard is patchy, and I just feel physically stunted.

Is it just shitty genetics or could I have hormone imbalances? is it possible at age 21 to at least get more of my face follicles in the game? Even if I'll have a tiny frame forever :(
unless there's some ancient shaolin technique to get bigger bones somehow but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>41527989
I have friends who didn't grow a nice full beard until 25 or even later. Don't worry about it and clean shave in the meantime.
>>
Im pretty sure i have tendonitis which is pretty sore when i do pushing movements like bench.

Although ive found that if i warm up with pulling movements, when i move on to bench it doesnt hurt at all? Any reason for why this happens?

For this reason im considering changing to a UpperLower from my current PPL although i dont want to do this if it is still damaging my tendon, even though i feel no pain

any help would be appreciated
>>
>>41528131
some one pls
>>
What's a decent flexibility stretching routine that can be done after every workout to increase range of motion for my entire body? Stuff like being able to do the splits, and lie forwards holding my feet while having legs straight in front.
>>
>>41518000
Since I have come so far with learning to cope and defined myself against depression and my life going slowly, but steadily towards greener pastures, I have started to crave for sating my sexual lust.
It has become somewhat of a motivator to continue to pursue my degree and finish what I started before it all fell apart like a Jenga piece.

Now I wonder what I am really looking for.
Is it a relationship?
Just sex?

This is somewhat what I get as a picture:
Tomboy, wide hips, nice thighs, ass, tit size doesn't matter, maybe maximum size DD but could be as flat as a table as long as the nipples are sensitive enough to make her cum just by playing and teasing her nipples.
I don't really care about where she comes from, so skin, eye and hair color doesn't matter to me, although I sometimes think about a caucasian with freckles on her body and black hair.
I am not so sure about what kind of personality I am expecting.
Seriously, all I want is not ending up like Kurt Cobain.
Maybe she's open to me, doesn't lie, wants genuine input.
Someone I can care about and not feel remorse I even did in the first place I guess.
Maybe cuddly, but also kinky enough to wear a jewelled buttplug in her ass all day to keep my cum inside her because she wants to have some kind of keepsake while she goes doing her daily business.
Likes petting?

Dunno /Fit/ I don'T really know what I want.
>>
>>41518192
You can never go wrong with rowing. How'd she get the injury? Because of lifting or because of something else?
>>
How do I brace properly?
I can breathe into my belly perfectly fine when i'm not lifting, but when I lift, I breathe into my chest.
>>
Is beef jerky good cutting food for snacks?
>>
I got epididymitis orchritis and didn't go to the doctor. I think its given me atrophy. Are my gains and my T fucked?
>>
>>41528769
Don't eat snacks. Eat meals and let your insulin subside between them.
>>
Noob here.

Does doing a bunch of curls actually work?

I'm following stronglifts & enjoying it. But at my gym I see a lot of bros come in and just curl the whole time. They look pretty muscular too. Is it worthwhile to do them?
>>
>>41528735
I have issues with this, I believe it's related to APT. As the abdominal muslces are being stretched, I think it makes it hard to take in a belly-breath and then tense down the abs. Look into APT and see if it could be contributing to your issue.
>>
>>41523516

please respond
>>
Is machine training of any kind bad or is it only bad if they're the only thing you do while "lifting"?
I've been doing 5x5 for a month now and I noticed that my arms are ridiculously weak. It's especially apparent when doing OHPs. I also didn't really feel that exhausted when finishing my workout even though I, for example, barely managed to finish my OHP. I've been adding some 3x5s with machines targeting my arms and shoulders afterwards, alternating them from workout to workout. I don't really feel that sore or anything afterwards so I don't think I'm overtraining but I don't want to fuck something up. I usually stick with the same progression I have with OHPs so I don't get too comfortable "lifting" heavier shit on machines.
I just don't want to fuck my shit up.
>>
I just recently started lifting and sometimes when I feel like I'm at my limit and somewhat overexerting myself, I can feel a slight pull somewhat above my dick. I always wondered, what exactly causes this and why the fuck is it located near my dick?
I know this sounds stupid as fuck but please help me out.
>>
>>41528455
bump
>>
Should I bother with buying whey protein when I'm trying to lose weight and eating fairly balanced anyway? I probably don't get optimum amounts of protein, but will it really make that huge of a difference?
>>
>>41529090
Do side raises and alternating OHP, your shoulders and probably weak.
>>
Are smith machines really that bad if I'm just looking to lose weight and gain some form of muscle?

I'm 22, 30% bfat, 265, 6'3 and my friend who has pushed me to start working out says PF is worthless because they only have smith's. I can't change gyms til November so I'm stuck with it.

Again I'm not looking to become ripped but I want to lose the weight and be back to my HS look at 195.
>>
>>41518041

http://www.aminoz.com.au/balance-massive-70-30-protein.html

Cheap, good for bulking and mixes/tastes really good. Avoid Chocolate though.
>>
I'm >>41526226

>>41527511
Thanks a lot for the input, I really appreciate the help. Part of my goal is to add more size, particularly to my upper body. For whatever reason I have weird genetics for adding fat - it tends to go to my lower body, making me look like I should be squatting like 3 plates instead of the 1.5 I'm at.

>>41527543
Thanks for your help, too. It makes a lot of sense to experiment with adding some small stuff first to see how my body reacts. I was originally thinking once a week at the end to allow for the most recovery possible on the two days off, but I'd guess hitting them 3x/week like everything else would provide better gains if you don't overdo it. Thanks again.
>>
>>41529098
Only thing i can think of is a hernia but youd need pics
>>
>>41518041
I recommend eating real food
>>
File: 1493409814689.jpg (109KB, 850x822px) Image search: [Google]
1493409814689.jpg
109KB, 850x822px
>>41518000
what's good bois.
Just donated a good amount of blood, was thinking about doing a mad chest workout, however slightly worried that my vein will pop in the middle of a rep or some shit like that.

It's been about 7 hours since I donated.

*note* To the people saying I only did it for the money you get in the states, Eurofag here. No pay, no reward, no nothing. People need my blood, I don't... for now..
>>
>>41529737
didn't finish it you fucking idiot.
are my concerns unrealistic or should I expect a slighlty weakened session?
>>
File: Psoas_major_muscle11.png (445KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Psoas_major_muscle11.png
445KB, 1200x1200px
my psoas on the left side of my body is extremely tight, whats the best way to stretch/myofascial release?
>>
>>41518168
It looks like a cross cable set up so i would do some cable flyeovers and curls not really the best for full body workouts
>>
>>41529808
Look up athlean-x's video on youtube
>>
>>41529808
stretch them
>>
>>41518000
What's you guys opinion on fitactive brand foods
>>
How should I set up a program if I want to try to build muscular endurance and power at the same time? I was thinking 10x3 65% 1RM with very short rest periods for power, but don't know what to do for endurance. would this rep range also help with that or should I go for something like 3x15 or 1x20?
>>
>>41529927
xD kekius maximus
>>
File: Cucumber-1020x765.jpg (55KB, 1020x765px) Image search: [Google]
Cucumber-1020x765.jpg
55KB, 1020x765px
Was recently speaking with someone who's into health, mostly diet and stuff like that, not so big on the strength/muscle side of things. and I brought up how I was starting to count calories and as the conversation rolled on they mentioned Negative Calorie Foods. (such as celery, grapefruit, lemon, lime, apple, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage.)
Now obviously they don't have 0 calories but from what I understand the theory is that it your body uses more energy digesting these foods as they give you energy.
For someone cutting or trying to lose weight, would these kinds of foods (in small amounts) be a good 'snack' to consume?
>>
To lose weight, you need to diet and/or exercise.
This is something everyone here's well aware of.
Eating under maintenance and exercising over a period of time is how people lose body fat.
But why isn't it possible to take this to the extreme?
Eating very little and exercising insane amounts daily to lose a large amount of weight quickly.
I know that this doesn't work, I was just wondering if someone could explain it to me.
Thanks /fit/

>pic for attention
>>
>>41530225
Body has natural limitation. Hypothalamus helps keep youe body in equilibrium as well as the other parts of the brain. This keeps a person from drastically gaining or losing weight to protect themselves from sickness and give themselves time to adjust. This can obviously be altered through the use of drugs.
Also, the wider the calorie deficit the less it affects your weight in relation to percentage of deficit to weight lost. Dont know why this is.
>>
>>41530255
Thanks a lot for the answer anon.
Would be so easy if it were possible to shed a few kg by going extreme for a week... sadly it won't work.
>>
File: foto_14.jpg (123KB, 1300x809px) Image search: [Google]
foto_14.jpg
123KB, 1300x809px
>all fat and protein, virtually 0 carbs
is this the perfect snack?
>>
going on a trip with a few friends is it autistic to bring my 1kg bag of whey with me ?
>>
>>41530311
no, no it is not.
Unless you're making it yourself don't touch the shit.
>>
>>41530333
Very autistic. Don't do it.
>>
>>41530311
It is if you're a bug chaser only instead of AIDS you chase cancer and heart attacks.
>>
Once you start steroids do you have to stay on them to keep your gainz?
>>
>>41530383
I miss read this and thought you were implying it was possible for people to catch aids by eating pork rinds.

>mfw I already suspect I have aids or some other kind of sti
>>
>>41530333
Not autistic at all. Why should your friends care if you bring whey? Gotta get the macros and calories in boi.
>>
Can I do rack pulls the day after squats or will that hinder the recovery of something?
>>
>>41529808
The final stretch in BFS Flexibility 1-2-3-4 is a psoas stretch. the whole program is goat. 10 minute routine.

>>41529966
Olympic lifts and calisthenics. Separate the workouts on different days. The trap bar is the best conventional tool for power workouts, better than straight bar for "jump squats" etc. If you're intimidated by the Olympic lifts, do some plyometric workouts. Lead with them then do regular powerlifting strength after them, and on separate days do high-rep bodyweight calisthenics.

>>41529248
They're not all that terrible, and for your place and purpose they're appropriate. Use it if that's all you've got.

>>41528455
BFS routine is goat.
>>
Oh thank fuck /fit/ has a thread like this.

I've seen people say the labia minora doesn't enlong the more vaginal sex you have, but I just saw a pussy where the "labia minora" seemed flared-out. Is it possible that happened from a lot of vaginal sex?
>>
File: ltsahrspcts172.jpg (85KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
ltsahrspcts172.jpg
85KB, 700x525px
can a human get a legs like a horse?
>>
>>41530705
Here's the photo, anyway:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/896c536fd990c03480f840fb4f585ede/tumblr_nyoqocUrIO1u7erxeo1_1280.jpg

I know it's a stupid virgin question but still.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yllt9fvAB-A

How is thus DYEL doing 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>41518000

/fit/ What should a fitizen be able to do regarding sports, mobility, weight and endurance ? What are your criteria of fitness that someone should have to call himself a fit person ?
>>
Lifted earlier than I normally do this morning. Ended up putting an extra 10 pounds on my squat without realizing it. I was gonna deload and finish the set but I had a dull pain in my back that stopped me.

Did I fuck myself? How long will it take the injury to heal?
>>
>>41530851
1/2/3/4
>>
>>41530796
>that disappointing ohp at the end
it's clear he could be doing more.
>>
I had a bad session today, where I could only do 2x10 whereas last time I did 3x12 with dumbbells.
Could it be the sudden rise in temperature?
>>
File: 1494852264404.gif (2MB, 280x224px) Image search: [Google]
1494852264404.gif
2MB, 280x224px
how long does it take for leg soreness to go away from bike riding?
i've been riding to the gym (15 minutes each way, ~3 minutes up a very steep incline), and my legs have been sore every day after riding for about 4 months.
>>
Starting Strength here, I won't be able to do squats temporarily, is there a good substitute? (preferably with just a barbell) I was thinking about front squats or more sets of deadlifts.
>>
File: 107432.jpg (90KB, 693x350px) Image search: [Google]
107432.jpg
90KB, 693x350px
My right knee clicks like a faggot when I squat to about parallel, the clicking happens when coming up from the rep. Doc said I shouldn't worry because there is no pain and physiotherapist said he would recommend me doing squats for legs and knee rehab even if I did have a fucked up knee.

The thing is, the clicking is driving me mad and feel a bit weird. It happens every fucking rep more or less. I tried wider stances and feet pointing outwards, no effect. Lunges don't make the right knee click somehow, so I'm guessing should I do them instead? I do mostly bodyweight for warming up before running and rehabbing my SI joint injury.

How could I stabilize my knee joint or should I just stop giving a fuck about the sound and odd feeling here and there when squatting or switch to lunges?

Please respond.
>>
>>41530921
But that is strength only. It doesn't take into account endurance, flexibility, speed, coordination etc. Fitness is much broader than powerlifting.
>>
I feel pretty sick, I think it's because I ate something bad yesterday, probably undercooked chicken

Should I still work out? Home gym so no concern over getting anyone else sick.
>>
>>41531232
I've had clicking in my right ankle for 6 years never bothered me once, dorsiflexion didnt hurt at all when sqwatting. but if it starts hurting at all you gotta stop and switch
>>
>>41531225
Don't do deadlifts for reps esp. over multiple workouts

Do lunges & front squat for dat hammy flexibility
>>
Bu mb limit
New Thread
>>41531835

>>41531835

>>41531835
>>
>>41518000

I went dancing at a club the other day and hurt my leg. Now when I squat, I feel a sharp pain on my hip joint. This was about a week ago. Should I be worried? Should I stop lifting for a while?
>>
>>41527894
What are your goals? It determines how you should exercise. If your aim is weight loss, the most important thing is diet. Also for weight loss the best exercise is high intensity intervals or strength training. You'll quickly outgrow a 12 kg weight for squats.
If your goal is strength, same.
DOMS doesn't mean anything really, if you're a couch potato anything will give you DOMS.
Doing unchallenging kettlebell meme exercises for a million reps is better than sitting on your butt, but it isn't going to do mch for you in terms of strength or aesthetics.

>>41527945
It's 2017. If you want to suck dick go for it, if not don't. Tell your girl how you feel and what you want. There isn't some magic technical definition of "too gay." Personally I think it's all degenerate, but do your own thing.

>>41527989
Don't worry about the beard, it's genetics. If you're scrawny eat more and lift heavy--volume for size, heavier for strength. 2 months is not that long, think in terms of what you can accomplish over the years and be patient. You're talking about growing your body.
And congrats on making economic progress.

>>41528131
Usually if you don't feel during and it doesn't make pain worse after you're doing ok. Do a good warmup, strech after, use heat and/or ice, eat well. If problems persist see a doctor.

>>41528536
Sex and dating in the 21st century sucks. Good luck in your search. Is there a question here?

>>41528798
Go to the doctor. Why would you fuck around with your testicular health? Stop asking a cambodian fartsmoking forum and see a professional.

>>41528895
Curls are primarily an aesthetic exercise. If you want to add it after SL you can. You can (and should) also add chins/pull ups after SL. Chin ups are better for your biceps.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.