[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stalled on 75lb overhead press

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1495050153171.jpg (64KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1495050153171.jpg
64KB, 500x498px
>stalled on 75lb overhead press
>>
>>41515407
Fuck, I've been at 95lbs for two years. Just switched to dumbells out of desperation.
>>
>>41515407
It's alright! Think about what part of your technique could be improved to get that weight up next time. I think if you are lacking in abdominal bracing and therefore whole body tightness and potential for strength, just improving that can get the weight up without any waiting for other adaptations. You'll probabaly also feel like your form and speed improves too! Good luck next time!
>>
>>41515407
Deload, rest up. Try again but use microplates to add weight slowly. You'll make it man.
>>
>>41515407
Get fractionnal plates. Play with sets/reps. Eat/sleep more. Try doing extra sets after your working load with lighter weight.
>>
>>41515429
>>41515432
I don't know what it is guys. I just can't get the weight up. Might try the fractional plates.

Is it possible to just get the right weight metal washers from home depot instead?
>>
>>41515474
Microplates will help you get past your mental roadblock. If you've been consistently failing at a certain weight the likelihood is that you've just developed an aversion to moving past that weight because failing again looms over your head. Take a break and break past that by using fractional increases to weight so you know you can do it.
>>
>>41515407

Are you doing it Rip's way?
>>
>>41515407
eat
more
food

OHP and Bench benefit greatly from weight gaining
>>
>>41515561
I don't know. I don't understand it still. I've watched all the videos but I still stink
>>
>>41515474
Take a video from the side, I always wondered why my OHP was shitty and once I did that I realized I was moving the bar out past my chin and then back behind my head. The straighter of a line the bar moves in, the more weight you can put on it. I figured out that if I tuck my chin and lean back, then shoot my head forward, it eliminated the issue.

>Move bar straight up and down
>Head around bar, not bar around head
>Narrower grip
>You don't have to set the barbell on your collar bone, go as low as you can while still keeping your elbows two inches or so in front of the bar
>Keep your elbows in front of you until the bar is over your head, then turn your elbows outward forcefully, contracting your triceps. Imagine trying to punch through the ceiling with both fists.
>OHP responds better to higher volume at lighter weight, only low reps for strength is a meme. Try, say, 4x6-8, or even 5x5 or German Volume, 10x10. I promise that it'll increase it more than 3x5

Also, push press.
>>
>>41515419
Have you tried eating?
>>
>>41515419
>hit 105
>stop taking pre workout
>stall
>get weaker
>drop to 95
>stuck there for the past month, start bulking properly
>tfw about to try to pass it again on Monday
>if I fail I might suicide
>>
>>41515589

Do you push your hips out before each rep?
>>
>>41515630
Ty ill try it
>>
>>41515407
Do push presses with heavier weight and do slow negatives
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.