[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think its worth a beginner getting a personal trainer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1465675088393.jpg (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465675088393.jpg
78KB, 1000x1000px
Do you guys think its worth a beginner getting a personal trainer?
>>
No, most of them are really terrible. You'd have to be extremely lucky to not be wasting your money. Just read the sticky.
>>
If you've done sports before or are mildly athletic, i would say no.
But if you have no idea how to workout and have shit form, maybe.
>>
>>41507681
Id consider myself an expert when it comes to personal trainers since ive done over 30 sessions with varying trainers and id say if youre motivated, dont do it. What they usually do is do some sort of circuit training where you go from one exercise for another, at least thats what it was in my case, with my goal being to lose fat. Then they might give you some mediocre workout plan. Which you can find much better ones on bodybuilding.com. The only reason i used so many trainers is because i had a hard time staying motivated to go to the gym but with a trainer i felt an obligation to go. Outside of that i see no benefits. A lot of the time it feels like i know more than the trainers do honestly. Everything you need to know is available to you online.
>>
>>41507847
i believe PTs put their clients on overcomplicated routines for the sole purpose of building dependency. I always see people in the gym who have no idea what they're supposed to do next without consulting their trainer.
Also the most important thing in weight training is the concept of progressive overload and they almost never apply it.
>>
>>41507872
You're completely right. Anyone with half a mind should know better than to hire a trainer. I just need them to do some psuedo peer pressure to keep me coming routinely.
>>
No, the one time a trainer "helped" me he ended up making me feel like I got punched in the kidney after trying to correct my form doing shotgun rows when I was doing them perfect
>>
Is it possible to just get a trainer who will go through and critique my lifts?
>>
>>41508404
If you pay them they'll do whatever you want, they're mostly gay men so you should have no issue getting BJs even from the Latino ones
>>
>>41507681
About 95% of all PTs today are just plain salesmen who wants to milk your money instead of helping you train.

Want to get help lifting weights? Learn how to use a barbell/dumbbells? Learn how to squat/bench/deadlift etc?

PTs will never teach you any of this, they will put you on a machine and tell you to do 5x or something, say some bullshit about muscles so they sound educated in physiology when they dont know shit.

"Are you not getting gains? BUY THIS"
"Are you not dropping weight? BUY THIS"
"Are you feeling tired to often? BUY THIS"

etc

they keep letting you do useless "exercises" that dosent learn you anything and dosent make you reach any new goals for you to keep paying for "sessions".

Its this times ultimate jew job/business atm. Dont get one if you really dont know one, learn everything from net gainers.
>>
i fucking hate that image
>>
>>41508509
oh would you prefer a nazi flag you drumpfster pile of shit?
>>
The one PT at my gym has a SKELETON doing intense cardio and meme exercises.

So probably not.
>>
Most of them will either put you on a machine circuit or do a bunch of meme exercises and you'll just lose weight if you're fat which you could do by eating less.
>>
I'm sure there are some good ones but generally relying on a PT to tell you what to do will not help you (give a man fish and he'll eat for day, learn a man how to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime). You'll be given a routine and be shown how to do some exercises, but you won't understand why you're doing them. 1. they make money off you depending on them, so they don't want you to be independent 2. they assume you're a retard so will not put you on the most effective routines (ie basic barbell training for beginners).

In an ideal world, every gym should be giving out printed pamphlets versions of the sticky to every new signed up member and encourage them to educate themselves on nutrition, training methods, proper form, etc. but we live in a world where people make money off others being dumb and lazy.
>>
>>41507681
go for it commie
>>
A good PT is absolutely worth it if you have zero exercise experience, and contrary to belief here there are many good ones. But you have to put your work in and give them an idea of what type of exercises you want to learn and how long you'd like to train with them before flying solo. They're not fucking psychic and a lot of people will balk if they are put under a barbell Day 1 or even Month 1. But a good trainer will be more than willing to teach you compounds and good accessories if you ask.
>>
I wish I had help learning how to power clean, but like hell would I pay cash to the manlet dyels with gay affect who make up my gyms trainers for their shit advice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.