[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /water fasting/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 28

File: 28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg (36KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg
36KB, 640x363px
Who /water fasting/ here?
>>
>>41500907
is there any loose skin?
I've heard intermittent fasting results in less loose skin attributed to rapid weight loss.

Water fasting is what exactly...
>>
>>41500930
Water fasting is consuming nothing but water
>>
>>41500987
you're gonna have micro and macro nutrient deficiency.

Fast a full 28 days or what does the time frame look like?
>>
>>41500930
>is there any loose skin?

No, due to autophagy.

>I've heard intermittent fasting results in less loose skin attributed to rapid weight loss.

Probably the same reason as above.

>Water fasting is what exactly...

Drinking water, tea, coffee, etc. only. No artificial sweeteners. Supplementing with salt and magnesium primarily. Optionally a multivitamin, calcium citrate, and potassium. Some diet/lite salts have 50% potassium, 50% salt.

The weak take bone broth, and other stuff like a splash of cream in their coffee, etc.
>>
>>41501013
>>41501002

after you finish your fast,
you're gonna get fat as fuck
>>
would you not lose muscle mass doing this?
>>
>>41501030
takes longer than a month to lose any significant amount of muscle mass,
losing fat and also cutting fats out of the diet will result in some decline in mass because fat fills between muscles.

kinda shit way to fast though
>>
>>41501030
You lose the fat first, look at the guy in OP's pic he lost all the fat but retained the muscle
>>
>>41501030
Maybe 5% or none at all. If you lie in bed 24/7 like David Blane, you will lose a subtantial amount of muscle. If you lift and exercise while fasting you will lose very little or none at all.

You can actually gain muscle during a fast due to increased HGH and testosterone in the system.

>>41501027
No, I've broken fasts already, and didn't put on any weight other than the ~2 lbs that consists of food.

Your metabolism actually speeds up way more when you get a much better body comp (more muscle, lower bf %). You can eat a shit load and not put on weight once you reach a point where you have a lot of muscle and little body fat, which fasting helps to achieve.
>>
>>41501091
I see where you mean about weight gain after breaking fasts.

Keep lifting and eat clean after you break your fast and you're golden ponyboy.
>>
>>41501130
Yea, I plan to do a non regular IF/fasting routine along with my normal workouts after I get down to a pretty low body fat %. So I might do 16/8 one day, then 36 hour fast the next, etc. And workout fasted, etc.

That way I can get the HGH benefit and might be able to put on some muscle without any fat.
>>
>>41501130
>>41501168
Oh, I also do Keto/Paleo/LCHF during non-fasting days right now, and will continue that once I hit my goal. I should be able to have more off days and eat whatever though and still keep a good body comp due to faster metabolism.
>>
>>41500907

It legitimately burns my biscuits that this 15 year old mong promotes such an irresponsible, dangerous diet.
>>
>>41501168
I do 15/9 everyday
eat clean and lift light and heavy
works good as fuck

I can't run since I fucked my toe up but walking an hour or two a day on incline hits my target heart rate

as with any fast, be safe anon
>>
Right now at 24 hours of my 4 day fast. Max I've done is 40 hours.
Planning to go a week next month.
I'm afraid of doing longer cause at 5'5" I don't want to stop my body from squeezing out at least one more inch ,I'm only 18.

Otherwise my diet is 23/1 if.
When I can help it
>>
>>41501191
dont really see how its dangerous to fast for a few days, 28 is a bit much. any animal that can't go a few days without eating is never going to survive in the real world where food is never guaranteed
>>
>>41501091
>Your metabolism actually speeds up way more when you get a much better body comp

that's not how it fucking works fatty. you need to actually put on MUSCLE MASS for your metabolism to significantly change (and a significant amount of muscle mass at that).

keep up the mentality that you can 'eat a shit load and put on weight' and your gonna wind up looking like DAY 1 in no time.
>>
>>41501221
careful your liver doesn't shut down
listen to your body
its a badass machine but it has limits.
>>
>>41501168

Yea! Lets go into MASSIVE CATABOLISM to get a tiny HGH boost!
>>
i'll be doing a 5 day water fast this coming week. I won't be exercising at all during it past some brisk walking. Will only be consuming water, tea, and ephedrine to blunt appetite.
>>
>>41501266
i'm going to have a high HGH boost because I'll be injecting GHRP2 + mod GRF every night before bed. It's not massive catabolism retard, your body has assloads of vitamins and fat reserve. your body DOES NOT want to waste muscle. if it did that it would be eating its own organs too. these fasts are safe if you have a decent amount of fat on you. if you supplement with a multi, electrolytes etc it's safe.
>>
>>41500907
I fasted for about 36 hours yesterday. I noticed around the 30 hour point my hunger dulled quite a bit. I'm assuming that it probably doesn't get much worse for hunger after that point. The worst period is the 12-24 hour point, getting through that is rough.

I think I'm going to go for 48 hours here soon. I find it really hard with my job as there is a lot of walking (minimum 10km a day) and it's really hard to get through the day. I almost feel like water fasting is something only NEET's can do because they aren't expending any energy.

Lifting weights on a water fast would be counterproductive. Even light cardio would leave you feeling weak/sick following you can even muster the energy to do it.

I'm really interested in fasting though because it works. I can't see fasting longer then a couple days though being healthy,.
>>
>>41501230

But such a method should probably be endorsed by someone with some credibility, not some kid horny for YouTube cash.
>>
>>41501300
true
>>
>>41501295
yeah, this really only works if you're a NEET or have a very low intensity office job. PS,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/705238

> It is concluded that some muscle glycogen repletion may occur after prolonged, severe exercise even under fasting conditions.

it will not waste your muscles. this is a /fit/ old wives tale just like "cardio kills your gains." I wouldn't do any strenuous exercise during a 4-5 day fast tho.
>>
>>41501272
I'd skip the ephedrine, and take salt and magnesium instead. You should have plenty of energy with that alone, and should be able to lift or do whatever routine you have currently.
>>
Dietician bro here. All I can say is do your research on electrolytes and supplemental vitamins and minerals, or else your in for some wild metabolism and nutrient imbalances that could potentially take months or even a year to return to baseline. If you have the willpower to maintain that lower bodyweight after your so called water fast, then your better off simply losing it the right way with a proper diet.
>>
>>41501295
Take salt and magnesium a few times during the day, especially if you feel tired. You shouldn't feel tired.

Your normal routine, if you lift, should be fine on a fast. You should be able to lift 80-95% on a normal fast up to 14 days or so. Might decline after that.

>I can't see fasting longer then a couple days though being healthy,.

Prevents cancer, starts autophagy, tons of other health benefits if you're not a skelly already.
>>
>>41501300
>>41501319
Periodic fasting (2 days - 2 weeks long) produces BETTER EFFECTS than intermittent fasting

PROLONGED fasting (not IF) literally FIGHTS CANCER and levels your body the FUCK UP
> their effect on reducing IGF-1, insulin and glucose levels, and increasing IGFBP1 and ketone body levels could generate a protective environment that reduces DNA damage and carcinogenesis, while at the same time creating hostile conditions for tumor and pre-cancerous cells
>Interestingly, when rats were maintained for 10 weeks on a PF diet in which they fasted 3 consecutive days each week, they were less prone to hypoglycemia during 2 hours of strenuous swimming exercise as a result of their accumulation of larger intramuscular stores of glycogen and triglycerides

>In humans, one of the best demonstrations of the beneficial effects of long-term fasting lasting one to 3 weeks is in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). In agreement with the results in rodents, there is little doubt that during the period of fasting both inflammation and pain are reduced in RA patients

>. In humans, during prolonged fasting, the plasma levels of 3-β-hydroxybutyrate are about 5 times those of free fatty acids and acetoacetic acid

>most tissues can utilize fatty acids for energy, during prolonged periods of fasting, the brain relies on the ketone bodies β-hydroxybutyrate and acetoacetate in addition to glucose for energy consumption

Fasting is ONLY BAD for the OLD, YOUNG, or UNDERWEIGHT peoples

>However, studies of fasting regimens have not been performed in children, the very old and underweight individuals, and it is possible that IF and PF would be harmful to these populations

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

brb fasting for a week
>>
>>41501300
>>41501191
Sure he's partly/mostly doing it for views, but he does give very good precautions multiple times in the video. And says to do your own research. The idiot that just watches it once, then jumps in and does it without any other consideration is, well, stupid.

It's good that he's sparking more people to go out and research on their own.
>>
>>41501295

Correct - the hunger subsides greatly after day 1. Then you just get a random craving here and there that goes away quickly. It was interesting what my body craved - day 1 was carbs and pizza. Day 2 was BBQ. Day 3 was pot roast. It's almost like my body started craving healthier and healthier foods as time went on. Only did 100 hours - would like to do a week or two at some point.

I would not do heavy lifting. Walking is probably enough. You have a lot more energy than you might think. After a couple days, your body says fuck it, we'll just burn the stored fat we have and stop bugging you for dietary nutrients.

Apparently around day 30 is when your body says, okay enough of this - we need to eat and you get an unmistakable hunger. That's probably the time your body starts breaking down valuable tissue for nutrients like muscles and eventually organs. Would not recommend pushing yourself past that point - at least not without professional medical supervision.
>>
>>41500907
>Dude's chest looks fucked up
>>
>>41501091
>you can actually gain muscle
So you're saying your body makes protein out of literally nothing? Hahahahahaha
>>
>>41501460
he looks 10x better in the after pic
>>
>>41501373
>your better off simply losing it the right way with a proper diet.

t. cicolet

Nothing wrong with fasting m8. Just another tool in the toolbox.
>>
>>41501474
The body does store protein in other places than muscle, such as the skin. And not all protein stored in the body is good protein, so it's good that the muscles eat that up for fuel, which won't occur without a fast.
>>
Cautionary note: if you have a wasting disease, do NOT fast. Your mass will not return. Probably doesn't apply to anyone here but thought this should be added.

Upton Sinclair wrote a book called "The Fasting Cure," where he talks about fasting to cure chronic diseases. Google it - there's a free PDF download. Fascinating stuff!

One thing I remember that is very interesting - when animals get sick they stop eating, they fast. When humans get sick, their doctor tells them to eat or they will die. Horrible advice. Sinclair got into some debates with other doctors - he says a large amount of people have probably died because their doctor told them to keep eating when they should have been fasting. 80% of your immune system is in your gut. Shit down digestion and you can spend those immune resources elsewhere.
>>
File: z122.png (1MB, 735x682px) Image search: [Google]
z122.png
1MB, 735x682px
>>41501373
>Dietician
>>
>>41501511
how does fasting affect the injury process? ligaments / muscle tears / tendons etc
>>
>>41501504
Skin is made of collagen bro. Collagen is made of lycine, proline, hydroxyproline, and arginine (source: google). That's no complete protein, and your body definitely cannot build muscle with only that.

>not all proteins are good
Lmao what? I've read some stuff about fasting autophagy breaking down proteins in the brain that cause Alzheimer's, but I'm pretty positive those are in microscopic quantities. I'm pretty sure there isn't enough of those to build muscle unless you're breaking down a brain tumor.
>>
Will water fasting heal emotional scars?
>>
>>41501558
I can't speak on the specifics myself. Just what I've heard from fastingtalk.com and other stuff.

Muscle gain during a fast might not be common. The experience of extending fasting will help with IF and longer fasts. This will help with gaining lean mass once the body comp from an extended fast gets very strong and lean. And a lean body comp with more muscle will have a faster metabolism than before any fast.
>>
File: IMG_5050.jpg (94KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5050.jpg
94KB, 700x512px
>>41501091
>Can build muscle on a fast
>>
File: IMG_7636.jpg (33KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7636.jpg
33KB, 407x482px
>>41501535
Kek
>>
Good luck guys, but personally not for me. I prefer hard work, dedication, and supplying my body with proper nutrients as a way to get into shape.
>>
>>41501688
quality post my man
>>
It absolutely, relentlessly blows my mind that hard fasting is not recommended for overweight people.

Why the fuck do we insist they take like 2 years to lose their fat on a slight caloric deficit instead of just NOT FUCKING EATING
>>
>>41501688
>hurr fasting is easy

Takes will power nigger. Most people won't even try. Nothing wrong with your way. But you can still workout hard during a fast.

>>41501711
This. You could end nation wide obesity (without any loose skin), type 2 diabetes, and a bunch of other things with doctor supervised extended fasting in a year or two. Imagine the costs saved. With healthcare being close to 50% of GDP and the annual budget I can see why modern medicine, nutritionists, fitness experts, and conventionalists shun it so much.
>>
I had the following idea for fasting and lifting:

>set up routine with gym visit every other day
>eat on lift day
>24-30 hour fast on rest day

Could this work? Or is it a bad idea?
>>
File: 1487875042262.jpg (85KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
1487875042262.jpg
85KB, 338x507px
>>41501752
It's just like, how are we justifying not recommending fasting to obese people...WHY is nobody talking about this?

It's the most retarded, dipshit-easy solution to an epidemic in human history. TELL THEM TO STOP FUCKING EATING THEY WON'T RUN OUT OF GODDAMN VITAMINS OR LEAN MASS

It's fucking insane. Insane. Population reduction measures, I'm telling you.
>>
>>41501812
>obesity, type 2 diabetes, krohn's disease, heart disease, etc. is all but eliminated in a year
>50% of doctors and nurses, PTs, etc. lose their jobs or severely cut pay

I guess there's one possible reason.
>>
>>41501002
you still take vitamins n shit
>>
>>41501752
>>41501812
I've found that fasting also helped me to gain control of my appetite and not overeat or just eat because I am bored or because of habit
>>
>>41501221
You've pretty much ruined any chance of more growth with that already
>>
>>41501752
sigh...
it doesn't even give you hanger pangs anymore after day 3. it requires literally no thought and effort. the willpower required is no greater than the one you need for a normal cutting diet. but the diet requires careful planning, cooking of meals, counting calories, getting your macros right, etc...
>>
I'm too cheap for micronutrients pills. Tomato + salt, banana + salt, apple + salt, can I just eat on if these each day if I "fast" for a week?
>>
>>41501906
The biggest lesson I've learned in life is that if something requires significant effort or concentration (after introductory stages where you're learning/adjusting, that is), you're doing it wrong.

Whether it's fucking girls, learning academic subjects, or molding your body, if it's actively difficult, you're doing it wrong. Once you know what you're doing, it should be a smooth, effortless process. We're built to be fit, we're built to fuck, we're built to learn. If it's hard, it means you're working against yourself in some way.
>>
>>41501927
You can go a week without micronutrients. Everyone needs to fucking chill about micros. People give themselves retarded habits in an attempt to consume vitamins and minerals the (((USDA))) says you need a shitload of every day for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>41501966
Ok thanks
>>
>>41501771
Depends on your goals. Lean bulk that might work. Straight fat loss, extended fasts are much better.

>>41501900
Definitely. Funny how they say you'll just put it all back when you're less prone to eat subconsciously.

>>41501906
Sure, it's easy. But sticking to a long fast takes some perseverance, especially in the modern world.

And there's something to be said about 'the best path is usually the easiest' in regards to fasting vs. not fasting in the fitness arena.
>>
>>41501927
no. they'll fuck with your hunger cravings.
>>
should I be working out during a fast? I plan to keep the 3-4 days a week schedule but seems kinda counterproductive
>>
>>41502196
Yes, stick to your normal routine. It won't be as intense, but you'll still have energy to do it.
>>
>>41501363

How exactly does one take "salt" and magnessium?

By taking magnessium you mean as magnessium pills or do you mean foods with magnessium in it (like bananas etc.?

By taking salt do you mean grabbnig a pinch of salt ith your hand and just eating it?
>>
>>41502221
>1/4 teaspoon of Morton Lite Salt (50/50 sodium & potassium) + 1 teaspoon of Natural Calm Magnesium powder
>1/3 cup boiling water
>mix

Take this twice per day, and more salt as needed during the day if you feel tired. That's all the electrolytes you need. You can mix it with water during a workout. Tastes like gatorade without the sugar.

That's basically what it is - concentrated gatorade without any sugar or calories.
>>
>>41502221
Pedialite bro, make your life easy
>>
>>41501002
>you're gonna have micro and macro nutrient deficiency.
>implying you don't already have one eating SAD
>implying you can supplement with essential minerals
>>
>>41501547
>ligaments / muscle tears / tendons etc
idk but look into msm and magnesium supplementation. most people are deficient in these and i'm hearing that msm (sulfer) gets rid of scar tissue.
>>
>>41502304
Pedialyte has calories. Bad choice.
>>
>>41501547
Autophagy helps healing. Eats away scar tissue that might cover ligaments for example. You will definitely have less inflammation because you're not eating anything to inflame it.
>>
>>41502196
Consider sauna therapy. It helps reduce muscles lose with the increased blood flow.
>>
>have acid reflux

Wat do /fit/? Am I cursed now?
>>
>>41502221
>By taking salt do you mean grabbnig a pinch of salt ith your hand and just eating it?
Avoid synthetic salt. You want either sea salt or pink salt. Put it under your tongue and also look into cell salts.
>>
>>41502409
Research sulfer (msm)
>>
>>41502409
Just take a PPI lie nexium or prilosec everyday
done
>>
>>41502415
Men, I just use Morton lite salt. I don't think it makes much difference. But I might try that Himalayan salt some time.
>>
Can i fap during water fasting
>>
>>41502463
Yes. Nofap is easy while fasting if you want to try that too.
>>
So what do i need? How long do i do? 270 lbs fatty here. I can't prepare proper meals, and eat mostly because i am bored. I think this should be the time i finally do it.

Will post pics before and anter if you can help me do this
>>
>>41500907
So this is the newest meme get skinny quick diet? Just starve yourself and don't worry about the damage you do to your body?

Are we just trying to kill people here or make a bunch more manlets to pump up /fit/'s numbers?
>>
>>41502516
Oh look, another supplement shill trying to disusadr others from the works of Dr. Fung.

Fuck off
>>
Okay, can anyone tell me what the hell water fasting is? Is it basically eating/drinking nothing but water? Like absolutely nothing else including food?
>>
>>41502548
yes
>>
>>41502369
Is this more effective than Aleve? I just sprained my arm and would like to heal it as fast as possible
>>
>>41502556
Fuck it, I'm gonna try it
>>
>>41502219
I wouldn't exercise past walking if you're doing prolonged fasting (not IF). You can legit waste your muscles faster with strenuous exercise in a fasted state. It's counter intuitive
>>
>>41500930
Loose skin after weight loss has nothing to do with with the speed of weight loss. It's how long you been fat and your current age plus genetics
>>
>>41502514
The longer you fast, he more result you see and faster. He longer you go, the more you need doctor supervision.
>>
File: 1488073200267.jpg (73KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1488073200267.jpg
73KB, 605x605px
>>41500907
I just did a 4 day water fast. I could have gone much longer and never really got hungry as I was already on a ketogenic diet.

I decided to do intermittent fasting instead, i.e. eat all your meals within an 8 hour window which allows your body enough fasting time to receive the benefits of fasting.

I am basically eating nothing for breakfast/lunch while I am at work. I am taking vitamins and drinking Ketolint with an extra scoop of 25g protein when I get home and another serving of Ketolint + protein sometime after dinner for a total of 88g protein.

For dinner I am eating a serving or two of vegetables and about 100g of meat which is enough to get me over 99g of protein so I can preserve muscle.

All in all I am targeting about 1500 calories day without exercise.
>>
How much of the fasting benefit would I get If i kept consuming real coffee and coconut oil ? ( maybe around 500 kcals of oil a day )

Are the benefit only linked to fully depleted glycogen ?
>>
>>41500907
There so much BS advice he gives in that video... He's literally dying.

There is nothing healthy about that.
>>
Heard the guy was a fag who made fake videos before
>>
>>41502682
That fucking autistic watermark makes in unreadable
>>
>>41502737
>which is enough to get me over 99g of protein so I can preserve muscle
>have to do at least 1g/lb bodyweight to preserve muscle mass during a cut
>99g protein
lmao ultramanlet 4'11.5

learning status: never
>>
>>41502854
>have to do at least 1g/lb bodyweight to preserve muscle mass during a cut

>
>
>>>>><<
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E484qiQXxzM
>>
>>41502800
How about you provide evidence to support your claims you fucking retard
>>
Okay 270 pound fatty here will start fasting tomorrow. I plan to do it 2 weeks, maybe more depends on how i feel. I expect 20-25 pounds lost, will post updates
>>
>>41503190
Read the Wikipedia article on starvation?

Honestly how fucking stupid are you faggots that you need people to prove to you that a month of starvation is not healthy for humans.

Oh wait you're fat.
>>
>>41500907
Why not just eat proper meals and maintain an active lifestyle? Why would you choose to starve yourself and make life unpleasant when you can lose weight and still eat?

Why do fat people always want the easiest and fastest way out? Do they really lack the discipline needed for a balanced life?
>>
>>41503324
Losing weight by fasting has real proven health benefits. And the experience will create a bullet proof rock solid acknowledgement that they can simply NOT EAT and go hungry instead of being a slave to the hunger signal and or ignore the psychological drive to eat something.
>>
File: 1491224682554.jpg (328KB, 1280x1713px) Image search: [Google]
1491224682554.jpg
328KB, 1280x1713px
>>41503324
>Why not just eat proper meals and maintain an active lifestyle?

That's not one simple trick to get thin quick.

That takes time and effort. Fat fucks can't be bothered.
>>
>>41503397
Wow, nice cognitive dissonance you have there, fat fuck.
>>
>>41503431
>>41503408
It's faster , is more muscle sparing , and provide a lot of nice side benefit , why are you proud of bottle necking yourself like a retard when there is another path that is better in every way ?

>You can't exercise as hard .
Whoop fucking di-do , the time you will spent Not-cutting will allow you to compensate and gain way more on the long run .
>>
>>41503463
Let me ask you something, how fat are you? Seriously.
>>
>>41503431
I don't think you fully understand what I posted, I also think you don't understand what cognitive dissonance means.
>>
>>41501295
>I'm assuming that it probably doesn't get much worse for hunger after that point.

laughing_whores

I got raped up to day 5. I broke my fast after day 6 because I had out of control acid reflux and milk of magnesia wasn't stopping it anymore.

I ate light for 4 days, then started fasting again. Now I'm usually only hungry once a day for not very long and it's easy to ignore. It's super easy now, but I think I'll keep it to 10 days this time because it's so boring. I'm not tired while fasting, but I also just don't feel like doing anything. Ironically weekends are harder than days I work.
>>
>>41503470
I'm not fat nor in need of cutting because I don't get myself in such a shitty state in the first place , but you can't deny that this is the best way for fatties or cut/bulk retard to cut .

Fasting has benefit beside weight loss , and obesity by itself is just a symptom of unhealthiness and not the cause , a lot of thin fuckers die of hormonal disease and that's because we don't let our bodies fix itself , but it's easier and yield more money to put people on hundreds of dumb medication than to simply tell them to stop eating .
>>
>>41503495
You clearly hate your life while doing something as fucking as retarded as "water fasting," whilst spouting garbage like, "Oh, well, it has health benefits!" and "It's better than not tracking calories and not living an active lifestyle, because that's too hard!"

I know what the term means. Fuck off, lard-ass.
>>
>>41503539
You're stupid.
Shut up.
>>
>>41503539
>His hormonal balance is so off that he need to count his calories or else he get fat .

Whoaa .., this is the power of insulin spiking yourself like a retard 2 to 6 time a day
>>
>>41503554
>>41503557
Thank you for convincing me that water fasting has benefits.
>>
>>41503568
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

Literally more than ten time the regular amount of HG secretion .
>>
>>41503579
Who would this benefit? Because unlike you, I am not a lard-ass and eat like a normal person, eat out with friends on occasion, and lift weights four times a week.
>>
>>41502463
I thought I was going to fap as a replacement for eating, but you won't have any sex drive. Even if you try, it's lame and not worth it.

Besides, if you aren't supplementing while fasting, semen is just wasted nutrients.
>>
>>41503593
It's literally the most important thing in your body in term of regulating protein-synthesis , recovery , and immune system .
>>
File: Fit water fasting.png (55KB, 952x1915px) Image search: [Google]
Fit water fasting.png
55KB, 952x1915px
>>41502682
>>41502823
This was made later on in that thread without the annoying Tripcode, much better.
>>
>>41503324
>Why would you choose to starve yourself and make life unpleasant when you can lose weight and still eat?

>Why do fat people always want the easiest and fastest way out? Do they really lack the discipline needed for a balanced life?

Which one is it retard? Unpleasant, or fast and easy with no discipline required?
>>
File: daves-gourmet-ghost-pepper-sauce.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
daves-gourmet-ghost-pepper-sauce.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
one thing I learned the hard way during a water fast:

do NOT have hotter than average hot sauce on a completely empty stomach. I like to take a little dab of "very hot" sauces sometimes, and did so during a water fast. With food in your stomach, it gets absorbed easily. With no food in your stomach, it just agitates everything. I was in the fetal position for 2-3 hours. It was hell.
>>
>>41503641
t. triggered fatty
>>
>>41503648
>Stop taking the easier & more efficient path please .
>>
>>41503677
Nah fatty, I just hope you don't yo-yo after you're done with your meme fasting. And if you do, I hope you remember me and this exact conversation we're having now.
>>
>>41503648
Because spotting obvious contradictions is a fat people superpower
>>
>>41503275
Thanks for the advice

"Starvation ensues when the fat reserves are completely exhausted and protein is the only fuel source available to the body."

So don't fucking fast if you're sub 10% bodyfat? Ignorant retard. get the fuck out of this thread with your low IQ.
>>
>>41503689
Oh wait you're fat.
>>
>>41503685
>But you'll Yo-Yo

I've told you i'm not even trying to shed weight retard , i'm doing it for health , longevity & gainz reason .
>>
>>41503702
Ok, good luck retard. Bye bye, retard.
>>
>>41503697
>Refuses to read the meta analysis posted in this thread with 100s of sources
(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/)
>gets BTFO with his own wikipedia article

nice try troll faggot. you're prolly the fatty here xD
>>
>>41503711
>Ignore the HGH studies
>Ignore the muscle sparing , metabolism conserving ( or even improving in the long term) , hunger curb-stomping , time-freeing aspect of the diet.

>Count calories & macro meticulously.
>>
>>41503720
Oh wait you're fat.
>>
Is there anyone here who has actually yo-yo'd from any form of weight loss in their life?

But that I mean you lost weight, ate a 2k calorie diet, and got fat again anyway.
>>
>>41503730
Yo-Yo effect is kinda another tool of the fat acceptance movement DESU .
>>
>>41503727
Unless you have a really cut six pack and can easily run your finger deep between your un-flexed abs you still have enough bodyfat to fast .
>>
>>41503725
>time-freeing aspect of the diet.

This is the worst part after your pass the bar

I never realized it, but eating is a ritual that we look forward to and serves as 2 or 3 intermissions in our day

I'm not even hungry. But days feel so god damned long when fasting. It's time I'll gladly give back.
>>
>>41503751
The reason we're so sick and frail in today's society is because we ritualized something as natural as eating .
>>
>>41503747
>Unless you have a really cut six pack and can easily run your finger deep between your un-flexed abs you still have enough bodyfat to fast .
not him, but bro will this ruin my gainz? what's the difference between a full-blown water fast and low caloric deficit
>>
>>41503763
Not a single part of that statement made any god damned sense
>>
File: Macro-oxidation.jpg (44KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
Macro-oxidation.jpg
44KB, 640x446px
>>41503768
no. your body does not eat away at its protein before it eats at fat. it uses VERY LITTLE protein on a water fast to convert to blood sugar (a few grams) -- that's it. your body will use fat as a huge majority of your daily energy. pic related
>>
>>41503773
Makes perfect sense, what are you talking about? I'm not sure if I agree with the statement, but it at least makes sense.

Is English your second language? Lol.
>>
>>41503786
How does that compare to something like an extreme caloric deficit? Like -1000kcals
>>
>>41503787
>Makes perfect sense
>It's completely fucking wrong

Thanks for your attempt at an observation
>>
>>41503773
Eating is not supposed to be at a constant frequency & intensity ,

We evolved in a context that had us hunt when we were hungry & may or may not make a big catch , we would then feast on what we had and were basically only guided by our hunger ( we followed our hormone )
But now 95+% of the population has 2 to 6 well timed meal that they eat approximately at the same moment of the day all of their lives and the frequency is way higher than before .
>>
>>41503798
It grammatically makes perfect sense.
>>
>>41503796
Your metabolism will adjust and lower your TDEE over time to closer match your calories in. It does this to maintain a balance. If it didn't you would just die from maintaining a caloric deficit after a few years depending on your weight
>>
I'm working my way up to 30. I've done a couple 4 day fasts in the last two weeks to prep. My best was 10 days a good while back.
>>
>>41503820
thanks brah, i think i will go on a regular cut because im too much of a pussy to go on a water diet and i actually have a social life
>>
>>41503824
What were your results like
>>
>>41503796
Really depend of the content of the small amount of carbs you can it , during a fast you usually want to push your body into a state of Deep ketosis ( fat using ) and efficient protein partitioning , to happen correctly you need low & stable insulin level . If you eat a huge deficit that contain mostly fat and a little amount of protein you're golden , your energy level will be ok and muscle sparing will be at the top ,
If you eat only carbs you'll prevent your body from using fat efficiently and he'll have to find glucose elsewhere ( huge amount of muscle protein will be broken down into glucose ) .

The most common misconception is that your body is dumb enough to catabolise muscle ASAP when there is a deficit , but if your diet is well formulated it'll try to preserve it as much as possible by becoming as efficient at fat burning as possible , to limit the need for glucose and thus the need for protein to glucose reaction .

If the small amount you eat is like 60-90 % fat and the rest protein it's relly close to fast-mimicking .
>>
>>41503839
Yeah you shouldn't exercise while extensive fasting past light walks
>>
>>41503843
Really depend on the content of the small amount of cals you take in * I sperged hard .
>>
>>41503802
>Eating is not supposed to be at a constant frequency & intensity

How do you know?

>We evolved in a context that had us hunt when we were hungry & may or may not make a big catch , we would then feast on what we had and were basically only guided by our hunger ( we followed our hormone )

This is just an appeal to nature. Yeah it makes sense that the human body adapts as best as it can under the constraints of evolution, and by mimicking that environment or conditions that we adapted to for millions of years you'll be in the ballpark of what is healthy. But all it does it serve as an inspiration for hypotheses, questions like, are we better off fasting for a few days every once in a while? But there's no answer because barely any research and peer review has gone into examining the benefits of fasting. There are interesting findings out there, and I want to know more, but saying its better than a steady diet head to head because our ancestors starved when they had no choice is just retarded.

>But now 95+% of the population has 2 to 6 well timed meal that they eat approximately at the same moment of the day all of their lives and the frequency is way higher than before .

Oh no
>>
>>41503807
I wasn't talking about grammar.

I left hints in my posts, like not talking about grammar.
>>
>>41503856
How about not ignoring the studies that were posted in the thread showing the benefit of fasting ?

>This is just an appeal to nature.
We're not doing philosophy or sociology man , we're doing biology .
>>
>>41503856
There's been several meta analysis posted in this threads composed of 100s of studies. What more proof do you need?
>>
So people say that if you fast you get no loose skin. What if you lose the weight (not fasting) and have loose skin. If you were to start fasting would the loose skin just go away? This concept of there being no loose skin makes no sense to me.
>>
>>41503646
Why are you having it at all???
>>
>>41503900
>This concept of there being no loose skin makes no sense to me.
Its because theres proteins in the skin so as you fast your body needs it and eats up loose skin. It is also attributed to autophagy. Actually do some research.
>>
File: 1495247026343.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495247026343.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>41500907
Fasted this entire week starting MON until now.
Weighed myself this morning and i lost 11lbs total. Most was probably water but still.
Gonna refead this weekend then fast again next week.
>>
>>41503900
During a fast you put your body in a state of very efficient energy partitioning , your body naturally want to avoid as much as possible using your muscle protein to create glucose , if it can use the excess skin collagen to do parthenogenesis he'll do it , resulting in less loose skin .

During a regular diet ( especially with only a small deficit ) , your body don't enter a state of adapt or die so he can't do autophagy properly and use his own waste efficiently .
>>
>>41503869
>How about not ignoring the studies that were posted in the thread showing the benefit of fasting ?

I didn't. That's what interesting findings means. But the benefits may not be worth the drawbacks, like malnutrition. Or it may only be beneficial at certain times, like wound healing. There's a lot of research that's been done based on a 2000k/day diet. The amount that's been done of fasting is almost fucking nothing in comparison. Scientific consensus will be dead fucking wrong about a lot of stuff, but I'll stick with the science of the day before I listen to bros.

>We're not doing philosophy or sociology man , we're doing biology .

An assumption that something is better because it's natural or normal over large timescales is just that, an assumption.

Take paleo diets for example. Humans really might be healthier with a carbohydrate intake of around 50% as the modern day suggestion, despite cavemen not having access to anything near that. Just because we couldn't eat a certain diet until recent history doesn't mean its bad for you. I'll take dodgy educated guesses over assumptions any day.
>>
>>41501606
>I'm a dumbass who believes everything I read on the internet. Also, I've never tried any of this stuff, but since people are talking about it, it must be true, r-right?
>>
>>41503930
Nah a good chuck of that is body fat. Good job, anon. Sounds like a good schedule.
>>
Is not eating at all easier than eating a small meal a day? I just end up binging when i taste food
>>
>>41503976
Yes , not eating is easier and more efficient at the same time .
It may be hard at the start but you'll totally rewire your brain and fix your hormonal balance .
>>
>>41503969
Hope so, even if it was water im glad to see it go. Either way it was easy as hell to be honest exept for yesterday. That day was tough but the first 3 werent that bad. I enjoyed it and im going to monitor how my weight fluctuates this weekend while eating and then see how fasting next week affects it.
>>41503992
100% agree
>>41503976
>Is not eating at all easier than eating a small meal a day?
For me absolutely. Its easier to say none at all then just a little. Once you get that taste youre going to want more. Simply saying no and chuggin lots of water was far simpler imo.
>>
>>41503976
The first few days are absolute hell

Painful hunger
Dizziness
Nausea
Headaches
Fever
Heart burn
Dehydration, dry mouth

After the first week it really is easier though. You're not that hungry and you can eventually resist food easily despite seeing it and smelling it. If you give in and eat for whatever reason, you'll be hungry again that day. But you can restart easily the next day.
>>
>>41503841
They were good. Very interesting experience. Almost meditative In a sense because like some anons have mentioned the days are a lot longer when you aren't anticipating, preparing, and eating meals several times a day.
>>
>>41504006
that was keto flue , before doing any sort of fast you should do keto for at least 2 week to be honest .
>>
>>41504008
>the days are a lot longer when you aren't anticipating, preparing, and eating meals several times a day.
jesus this si true
>>
>>41504000
at a TDEE of 2000 , 5 day of fast =~2.85714285714 pounds of pure fat lost .
>>
>>41504026
My TDEE is well over that though, closer to around 3000+ id say. I was still lifting the entire time and walking around.
>>
>>41504014
I realized that around day 5 when all that shit went away and I could move around normally without needing to sit or lay down all the time. Turns out trying to run on glucose when there isn't any feels really bad. Starting keto first is the best advice in this thread.
>>
>>41504033
Just multiply your TDEE by 0.00143 to get a good estimation
>>
>>41504044
(TDEE*DAY OF FAST)* 2.87*10^-4 should give you your average true weight lose .
>>
>>41501057
Yeah, muscle wasting is actually difficult, and is usually from a lack of energy and not really doing anything while you're fasting. The body doesn't like to eat muscle and would rather eat fat sugars and carbs.
>>
>>41504085
the problem with diet is that too much people cut down on fat and end up in a situation where close to 100% of their macro spike up insulin and prevent fat burning , but they're in a deficit so the body HAS to find the calories somewhere , and instead of easily digging in the fat he'll try digging the protein .
>>
>>41504044
>>41504075
Guys im honestly not worried about it.
As long as the scale keeos dropping im gonna be happy.
>>
>>41504093
>>41504085
And thus why we ended up in this huge fear of muscle catabolism , it only happen because we're cab & insulin monster .
>>
Does anyone take caffeine or ephedrine during their fast
>>
>>41504101
with a TDEE of 3000 you're losing 400g of pure adipocity a day , that's huge , think about all the people who are happy when they lose half a pound a week ...
>>
>>41504118
Like i said man in only 5 days i was down 11lbs. IM happy either way.
>>
File: fasting fraud.png (28KB, 1824x204px) Image search: [Google]
fasting fraud.png
28KB, 1824x204px
OP is a fraud
>>
>>41503925
>Actually do some research.
This whole fasting fad just says "We should just stop eating and all our problems will go away." That's retarded and obviously too good to be true, even if a few people have said it's a cure-all.

Either way, that's not my point. Is there really any visual evidence of someone very overweight losing weight through fasting and not having loose skin? And if you just had loose skin after weight loss, would fasting then get rid of the skin? I feel like it's more to do with skin elasticity than anything else.
>>
>>41504145
You fucking autist the guy didn't claim 51 lbs only fat. He lost a shit ton of water weight too. He mentions feeling very thirsty as the water passed through his system more quickly without sodium to hold on to it
>>
File: 1491016269430.png (242KB, 809x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491016269430.png
242KB, 809x635px
>>41504197
>This whole fasting fad just says "We should just stop eating and all our problems will go away."
nigger no one whose actually educated is saying that. Those are the memers.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
If you actually want to know whats what read the link i posted.
>Is there really any visual evidence of someone very overweight losing weight through fasting and not having loose skin?
The guy in OP for one. Look either way its a gamble.
>>
>>41501191
>15 year old mong promotes such an irresponsible, dangerous diet.
Fasting saves lives kill your self
>>
>>41504107
I would highly advice not to take any stimulants outside of a few cups of coffee if you drink it. The heart can pump faster during the fast while resting because you are burning body fat. Adding a stimulant to it is just making it work harder unnecessarily.

Salt and magnesium are all you need to keep you energetic.
>>
>>41502351
Huh....funny, I started taking MSM awhile ago because I was looking a bit thin ontop of my head and read it helps. I just realized I haven't had any knee pain since I started taking it (apparently was caused by ligament scar tissue from an old injury.)
>>
fuck you you fucking autistic retards I fell into this "water fast" meme and drinked no water for 2 days, my family found me passed out and took me to the ER, they say one or 2 more days of no water and I would have died
you are all mentally deficient if you actually believe you can survive without water 28 days, you people are like that russian whale game
>>
>>41503934
Wouldnt this be detrimental to facial aesthetics if it's using skin collagen?
>>
>>41504649
It actually increases collagen production by boosting your GH
>>
>>41501057
He doesn't have any muscle.
>>
>>41501091
You can eat a shit load and not put on weight once you reach a point where you have a lot of muscle and little body fat, which fasting helps to achieve.
>which fasting helps to achieve.
you don't understand metabolism, stop being retarded
>>
File: mfw no free pizza.jpg (35KB, 370x388px) Image search: [Google]
mfw no free pizza.jpg
35KB, 370x388px
>>41501030
>>41501091
>lift while eating nothing for a month
>mucles get damaged with no amino acids to repair themselves with
>you won't lose any muscle

Are there really people on /fit/ retarded enough to think this is true?
>>
File: 1495138039855.png (208KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1495138039855.png
208KB, 600x528px
>>41501013
>No, due to autophagy.

Stop being retarded.

/fats/ please beware of meme fucks.
>>
>>41504575
Is this a joke or just shitty bait?
>>
File: bait.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>41504575
>>
>>41503730
I "fasted" (got depressed and stopped eating for a while) a few years ago. The weight I lost during the fast never came back. The weight I lost by exercising and dieting afterwards did. Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>41501056
>Not eating fat makes you lose weight and mass

Jesus Christ
>>
So is water fasting a fast from all other beverages except water or is it no food during the fast either
>>
>>41501373
But fasting lowers your body weight set point, making it effortless to maintain the lower weight. This isn't true of a normal calorie deficit.
>>
>>41505287
No water or food for a year. You have to swallow supplements using what little saliva you can produce.
>>
2 weeks into fasting. Lost 35lbs. Btw I would recommend to research about multivitamin absorption as I've yet to find a single credible study that proofs multivitamins are absorb right by your body. Also taking multivatamins is contraproductiv to a fast. The only think you def need to intake is Salt. Don't stuf your body with multivitamins.
>>
>>41504710
What the fuck do you think?

Board consists plenty of shitheads
>>
>>41505483
>Implying there is not at least 500 g of unused amino on your body .

People who once read a fact and believe they are now expert , you're as smart as the cicolet .
>>
>>41505496

well people that lift tend to actually be more stupid than normal people. Just by thinking that there are people taking BCAA supplements makes me cringe.
>>
>Being fat

I thought most of you were skinny skeleton losers that play video games all day?
>>
>>41505518
So you think you're smarter than Peter Attia?
>>
>>41505526
>Peter Attia

no idea who that is but I actually listen to world leading nutrition doctors and not someone I never heard about or even seen a study from.
>>
>>41505496
the fact that some people lose more weight than their TDEE* day would let you assume is mainly because they dig into those unused amino acids from ~dormant~ cells . We never let our body breath , we believe it's good to be anabolic 100% of the time and we're afraid of catabolism , but the truth is that our body really can benefit a lot from those fast , it let him understand what is really needed in the body and it'll shed bodyfat & useless mass in time of need , but unless you fast for month as a skelly you won't fucking lose muscle because there is no purpose in shedding muscle untill death is close .
>>
>dude just literally dont eat food for a month lmao

yea nah ill pass. perfectly fine losing weight by eating healthy and doing cardio+weights.

I have been doing cardio and weights every day for a few weeks now and my depression/anxiety are both significantly improved. focus and mood are both better to
>>
>>41505610
But why would you take the long and less efficient path ?
>>
>>41505610
healthy isn't an adverb, you underage cunt
>>
>>41505610
you're not forced to do 28 days ,
Even alternating 1 day on 1 day off already yield a good amount of the benefit and you can go up to 6 day fast , 1 day feast without problem .
>>
>>41505614
>>long and less efficient path

By what? Not eating now significantly boosts mood and health to the better?

kys
>>
>>41505628

literally kill yourself you fuckin loser
>>
>>41505639
Yes it does man .
you'll literally rewire everythingin your brain and lose fat 3 to 5 time faster than your current deficit .
>>
>>41505637

There is literally no benefit to starving yourself over getting proper nutrition and excersize every day other then losing weigh a bit faster. every other aspect of your body and mental state suffer
>>
>>41505655
you'll also get that sweet HGH boost .
>>
>>41505660
>There is literally no benefit to starving yourself over getting proper nutrition and excersize every day other then losing weigh a bit faster.

Well I guess all those experts are wrong.
>>
File: 1493916560943.jpg (66KB, 1120x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493916560943.jpg
66KB, 1120x480px
>>41505639
>Not eating now significantly boosts mood and health to the better?

LMAO that's been common knowledge for the past few millennia and you're acting like you've been presented with some groundbreaking new fact
>>
>>41505670
The problem with people like him is that him , and almost every retard on this website believe that obesity is the cause of all the health problem one could have, when in fact obesity is just one of the many symptom of being unhealthy .
>>
>>41505670

Yes they are.
>>
>>41505689
dumb redditspacer
>>
>>41505682

fuck off nerd lmao faggit kys sage
>>
>>41505689

So this study , (that present 0 ZERO conflicts of interest ( because big fasting doesn't really have a lot of income to protect ) ) , this study right there that show that there is on average 10 time more HGH secreted throughout the day while fasting is nothing , right ?

Why would one wan more natural HgH ? Is it anabolic , muscle sparing , fat burning , immune system boosting ?
>>
>>41505750

>(((Studies)))

fake news, sage
>>
>>41505780
Le funny trumpeter .

You don't want to accept that almost 98% of the fitness industry is pure bullshit ?
That " muh 1g/lbs proton" is closer to 0.2 g/lbs ?
That your 5 lbs of whey are worth nothing ?
>>
>>41502682
Many artificial sweeteners have no effect on insulin, dipshit.
>>
>>41505874
and yet they'll still trigger the ding ding good boy in your brain .
>>
>>41505883
that's bothered me for a while now so I'll try to quit sweeteners next month
all the stuff I drink is bad for dental health anyway
>>
>>41505907
>I'll try to quit sweeteners next month
No anon , you finish what you have left if you really don't want to pour it down the sink , and then you stop .
>>
>>41501949
quality post man, i like to believe you're right, cause stuff is always hard for me and im not quite sure how im undermining myself
>>
>>41501905
wtf do you mean,fasting for 4 days? or 23/1 IF?
it shouldnt really matter,should it?
>>41501249
liver shut down? what?
>>
>>41503915
not him, but because it's awesome?
just looking at the bottle i have spit running down my face, fuck would i kill for some tobasco right now
>>
He still has a subhuman face
>>
File: Zaunder1.jpg (45KB, 667x436px) Image search: [Google]
Zaunder1.jpg
45KB, 667x436px
>>41501238
Cite some sources you moron
>>
>>41503730
Had the yo-yo effect when I tried a Keto diet and quit at 16. I was a bullied fat emotional kid so it was inevitable.
Lost 40lbs the past year and took breaks from my strict calorie deficient diet multiple times, maybe yo-yo'd up 2-4lbs each time but managed to maintain after that.
>>
>>41501864
>>obesity, type 2 diabetes, krohn's disease, heart disease, etc. is all but eliminated in a year
Right-o, fasting is magic cure to diabetes and aslo eliminates heart diseases, all while weakening your heart due to musle atrophy, amazing
>>
>>41503579
>study was done on ONE HUMAN
LMAO nice sample size
>>
>>41506975
have you ever been to the UK? he's like 8/10 by their standards
>>
>>41503539
>"It's better than not tracking calories and not living an active lifestyle, because that's too hard!"
How did anyone say it is 'better'? You keep a healthy diet and active lifestyle forever, you do fasting once in a while
>>
Many seem not to understand that after the water fast EVERY single food is delicious as fuck as long as you keep yourself away from high salty fast food you can much easier switch to a healthy diet and maintain it. I'm at the fast right now and even thinking about oats with hot water makes me orgasm.
>>
>>41506862
Ya nigger but youre fasting. Why would you think drinking hot sauce while fasting on a completely empty and shut down stomach would be a good idea??
>>
File: 1485120287772.jpg (102KB, 746x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485120287772.jpg
102KB, 746x500px
>>41505750
>big fasting
Keep an eye out for big fasting shills.
After all theres so much money to be made off people NOT eating.
>>
>>41505780
Remember to not vaccinate your kids.
>>
>>41500907
No because i dont want to lose all my gains
>>
>Alcohol during water fasting

Light beer. Nothing above 6%.

Redpill me bros.
>>
>>41510564
>drinking a bottle of pure sugar while fasting
Gee anon, that sounds like a great idea!
>>
I gained a shitload of weight from being on antidepressants and at a 500 calorie a day deficit it would take almost a year to lose the weight.

I saw this video a week ago.

>Didn't eat anything Saturday
>Got until 8pm on Sunday and then my sister bought me a pizza and I wasn't going to throw that shit out so I ate it, ~2000 calories
>No food monday
>No food tuesday
>No food until 8pm wednesday. Start getting constant pain in throat so ate the last 2 pieces of pizza, ~500 calories
>Again no food until 8pm thursday- some chicken salad and four tendies, ~1000 calories
>Half a bowl of chicken alfredo around 8pm Friday
>Nothing so far today- thinking about a small ~600 calorie pizza for dinner

Dropped from 237 to 226 pounds in that week.

I don't think that the no food at all approach is going to work for me, but a very small meal late in the day seems to be doing fine. This is breaking me out of the habit of eating from boredom.
>>
>>41510699
Thats a great start and is a form of fasting as well.
If you only eat 1 meal a day thats the warrior diet 23/1.
>>
What about juicing ? The juicing with fruits and vegetables ?
I´m thinking about doing it for a week. Have some aches and I´m curious if the will go away.
92kg at 185cm at the moment, goal is to go down to 80kg (not in one week of course).
>>
>>41511087
>What about juicing ?
meme
>>
>>41511087
Juicing is a complete 100% meme. Just eat fruit and vegetables normally. If you blend them in a blender thats ok cause it includes the fiber.
>>
>>41510699
>a very small meal late in the day seems to be doing fine.

You might hit a plateau as your body adapts to one meal a day. A 3-5 day fast every other week will switch it up and lead to bigger results faster.

>>41511087
No. You will have fewer or no aches with straight water fasting as there is nothing to inflame the tissues and joints.

Have the will power to just do water, no juice, and you will get all the benefits. Juice has carbs and can lead to inflammation.
>>
>>41511175
Fuck I bought a juice allready.
The idea is to get the micronutiens while not stressing the intestine system.
I´m not planing to drink massive amoutn of juice.
>>
>>41511335
Listen you dumbass dont you get the point to a fast?
Its to completely lower insulin levels and comsume a little calories as possible.
If youre fucking drinking sugary juice your fucking digestive system is still working.
>>
Your muscle mass has little to do with your total caloric needs. Most of your total caloric need is from your organs, mostly your brain and liver.

And your liver size scales to height, so your BMR is mostly driven by height.

So gaining some muscle isn't going to make a major difference in fat loss, it will help appearance and overall health. But your BMR won't change much.
>>
File: 1476823523104.jpg (451KB, 2196x1762px) Image search: [Google]
1476823523104.jpg
451KB, 2196x1762px
40 hrs here, down 6 pounds.
>>
>>41511335
Juice fast is the best way to lose all of your teeth forever.
>>
>>41511335
The only nutrients you need are salt and potassium, and you don't even need the potassium unless it's a long fast.
>>
>>41501373
thanks based man of knowledge
>>
>>41500907
I did a 21 day water fast a while ago. Your hunger stops after day 3/4. I had no energy and by the 3rd week I kept getting heart palpitations. You guys shouldn't do this.
>>
>>41511633
how much weight did you lose? and obviously you need multivitamins and bunch of minerals not just water
>>
Give me progress reports fags

Day 1, it only has been 5 hours since i woke up. 121 kg atm. I am drinking green tea now
>>
>>41511665
7 lbs the first week, weight drops really quickly but it's mostly water. After that it slowed to 4, then 3 lbs a week. so 14 lbs total. I took vitamins everyday. They were centrum though which I heard aren't very good but they're all I had.
Oh, I forgot. You lose a lot of hair afterwards too. At least take your scoops anons it's depressing feeling like you're going bald,
>>
>>41509543
it's not a good idea....but i wouldnt be able to help myself i there was a bottle of tobasco right in front of me...fuck just thinking of the taste
HMMMMM
>>
File: IMG_3792.jpg (18KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3792.jpg
18KB, 231x218px
>>41511776
>You lose a lot of hair afterwards too
explain further
>>
Gonna try a 3 day fast after hanging out with a friend tonight. Worried I might relapse but wish me luck!
>>
>>41511776
If you took protein scoops then you weren't fasting bro, and it would explain why your weightloss was fucked.
>>41511917
Some people report light hair loss but people also report it growing in thicker after so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
>>
>>41511776
>taking scoops
>Fasting

What part of "not eating food" is confusing to you?
>>
>>41511776
Fasting actually increases the Sex hormone-binding globulin which inhibits the effects of androgens including DHT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_hormone-binding_globulin#Transport_of_sex_hormones
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14758568?dopt=Abstract
I've read people report less hair shedding while fasting (People who suffer from Male Pattern Baldness) and I've experienced it as well, but that's anecdotal so take that as you can. MBP is a complicated and still not yet fully understood, but we do know it's an issue of hormonal imbalance. Fasting is one of the best ways to re balance hormones. Aka you were malnourished during your fast go spread your misinformation somewhere else
>>
>>41502435

Good recipe to eventually shut your kidneys down.
>>
>>41500907
Currently doing 100 cals a day, some of the days less than 100 or completely water fasting. If you don't push yourself too much when you're feeling bad it's not that hard to do. It's more about your mind than hunger.
>>
Here's the go to for extended water fasts:

>Himalayan Rock Salt
>Bragg's Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
>Garden of Life Men's Probiotic
>Bluebonnet Iron-free Maxi One Multivitamin with 75 Coenzymes
>Calcium Citrate
>Natural Calm Magnesium Powder
>Morton Lite Salt (has potassium; not really needed if taking Himalayan Rock Salt, but I might take a little once a day for some patassium)
>>
If I fast for a week, will it fuck with my cardio endurance? I need to be able to run a mile and a half in just under a month and a half. Would fasting help or hurt in this goal?
>>
>>41512950
No negative effect if you stay hydrated, and feed yourself electrolytes. Get some Himalayan Rock Salt and Natural Calm Magnesium Powder, and take some daily or mix with your water before a run.

It will have zero negative effect. More than likely you will feel lighter on your feet, and run better. Continue running while fasting; just listen to your body as you probably won't be able to run as hard or as fast, especially if it's your first time fasting.
>>
File: 1495246507013.png (76KB, 787x625px) Image search: [Google]
1495246507013.png
76KB, 787x625px
>people are actually falling for this shit

Summer deserves it I guess
>>
>>41507134
>maybe yo-yo'd up 2-4lbs each time but managed to maintain after that.

That's just from having a normal amount of food added back to your guts
>>
>>41510699
Protip: Go low carb so you won't fuck up keto by spiking your glucose. If you stick to that for a week you'll go from being tired with energy boosts when you eat, to having an amazingly stable level of energy. So drop the pizza crust, pasta, and battered chicken. Also eat some low starch vegetables because they are fucking good for you and you'll still have plenty of calories allowed for fatass food.

Even if 5 pounds of that was food weight, you still lost around 5 pounds in that week. Expectations don't get much higher than that, that's good.

Anyway if you go low carb long enough and your stomach shrinks from eating less, eating no food at all will be 10x easier. Just try again later.
>>
>>41511633
>I had no energy and by the 3rd week I kept getting heart palpitations. You guys shouldn't do this.

This is why people who aren't retarded supplement magnesium and potassium.

Regardless fasting for longer than 2 weeks is silly. I broke a 6 day fast, ate for 4 days, and getting back on was piss easy. Take some time off so you don't get fucked up.
>>
>>41512445
>Some people report light hair loss but people also report it growing in thicker after so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

People report literally everything after fasting so I just ignore all that horseshit.
>>
>>41512750
Can you explain this

I'm taking milk of magnesia every time my acid reflux flares up when fasting. Is that going to wreck me?
>>
>>41511917
Why do you think one of the symptoms for anorexia/bulimia is hair loss?
>>41512445
>>41512523
Did not take scoops during the fast. What I'm saying is you shouldn't fast, get your protein from powder, meat, wherever and just eat a normal calorie restrictive diet to lose weight.
>>41512627
Thanks for the article. But riddle me this: how do you not be malnourished during a water fast? You're literally not getting nutrients, just water, and even with good quality supplements it's not enough, because they're just supplementary. Unless you sustain yourself through fluid from an iv tube, malnutrition is inevitable.
>>
>>41513180
>Why do you think one of the symptoms for anorexia/bulimia is hair loss?

Because they're malnutrition idiots literally starving themselves.
>>
>>41512758
>Currently doing 100 cals a day
Are you retarded? this negates the effects of extended fasting, this is basicaly a 23/1.
>>41512930
You need almost none of that.
The electrolytes yes and the occasional multi and thats it.
>>
>>41512999
Post your body or stfu.
>>
so how often do people do a fast like this? doing 3-5 day fasts every once in awhile is something I could easily do
>>
>>41513285
2 days a week is legit
>>
>>41513145
faggots saged
>>
I tried fasting while attending a police academy. I would PT while fasted. Would highly recommend ignoring any advice to exercise while fasted...

From now on the only times I will attempt fasts are when I'm off work.
>>
>>41512999
He's gonna fuck people up with this meme
I don't think anyones actually stupid enough that it'd actually kill them though
>>
>>41513341
Are you fat? Or bulked up? I don't see a reason to fast otherwise, shit is a gains goblin
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>41500907
Why is this thread allowed to exist?
This shit is for people that never exercise and want to do some bullshit 30 day thing and then go back to their awful habits.
Not to mention this is dangerous and bad for your body, please get off my board SUMMERFAGS REEEE.
>>
>>41513845
Explain how its bad. Im serious please explain it to me.
>>
>>41503856
How are you the only poster in this thread that isn't retarded???
>>
Be honest here:
When you see fat people at the gym, how does it make you feel?
>>
>>41513994
For one if you are actually considering this you are just a FAT fuck 1000%.
So yeah just go ahead and remove yourselves from the gene pool fatties.
Not going to bother convincing people on why going 28 days without food is bad lmao.
>>
>>41514166
>lmao
Are you 14?
We're citing sources showing its a good idea s cite some saying it isnt.
>>
>>41501435
day 30 never comes if you are 25+% bf
>>
>>41505298
>body weight set point
hahahahahaha,
make something else up
>>
What the fuck /fit/
>>
>>41506702
you are a loser, never gonna get those smooth gains
>>
>>41513994
if your trying to build muscle while losing weight its fucking dog shit. Your body stores fat and carbs, it does not store protien it usually it when it needs to repair muscle or other body parts. Yes you can do this retarded fasting thing but your going to lose muscle,some body fat, and then when you stop these retarded fasts you dumb fucks eat what pizza? donuts? ice creme? all that shit DOES NOTHING to improve muscle mass or aesthetics. the only thing you retards get out of this is seeing the scale go down because your to impatient to lose 1 - 2lbs a week while still having energy to do shit. you just look like a DYEL faggot in the end and notice how the retard who posted the video only does a side shot lmao.You guys do this and have the worst eating habits which you need to correct. If you faggots want to feel full eat a high protien high carb low fat diet that equals 2200 cals and then workout and do cardio for a hour and you will probably burn 700 calories. you will see the scale go down and reinforce good eating habits not this dumb fucking meme diet
>>
>>41504038
this is a sort of forced keto
>>
>>41501890
What vitamins should one take while fasting?
>>
>>41514203
you niggers are citing reddit and some meme youtube channel.
>>
File: 1445642210843s.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1445642210843s.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>41501593
I hope so
>>
>>41514290
its sadly obvious you havent read anything faggot

>if your trying to build muscle while losing weight its fucking dog shit.
No one is saying that, its obviously for losing weight primarily

> it does not store protien it usually it when it needs to repair muscle or other body parts. but your going to lose muscle
WRONG, your growth hormone production goes way up which prevents muscle loss primarily, it gets the protein from autophagy and loose skin thats the whole point

How about this, post your body and lets see what all your meme knowldedge has produced. Prove me wrong and post your body. We all know you arent going to do it.
>>41514387
eat shit
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-a-history-part-i/
>>
>>41514410
All those words and you are still a fat fuck.
Also you say post your body and you don't post yours lmao, literally anyone at a healthy body fat % would be unable to do this since they would look like shit after.
>>
>>41514422
>lmao
stop saying this you fb faggot
Post your body and ill post mine
>>
>>41514387
>ctrl+f
>ncbi
>6 results
mhm
>>
>>41514410
citing a blog. KYS faggot.
>>
>>41514436
Sing it with me!
I'm a little piggy oink oink oink!
>>
>>41514443
The blog is run by a doctor you moron
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
eat shit again
>>41514451
Ya you should be saying it cause thats why you wont post your body
>>
>>41501325
>5 subjects
>1978
>12 hours of fasting after an intense workout

Terrible study. Is this the shit that you are convinced of?
>>
>>41514442
Secondary sources.
GG no Re.
>>
Almost 24 hours since i ate anything, drank 2 black coffees, 1 green tea.

Being ex-muslim has it's advantages, it's childs play to fast
>>
File: 1493521869679.png (49KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
1493521869679.png
49KB, 398x409px
>>41514456
>but you won't post your body so it means I'm right
Kek better chew on some muffins to prepare for your water fast piggy ;^)
>>
>>41514461
my point exactly. Shitty science doesn't mean valid science.

In psychometrics, validity has a particular application known as test validity: "the degree to which evidence and theory support the interpretations of test scores" ("as entailed by proposed uses of tests")
>>
>>41514464
>secondary sources
>directly citing medical papers on the subject
hmm...
>>
>>41514290
ALSO NONE OF THESE STUDIES WERE CONDUCTED ON PEOPLE BUILDING MUSCLE THE SOLE FOCUS OF THE STUDIES YOU GUYS CITE ARE PEOPLE LOSING WEIGHT, NOT BUILDING MUSCLE AND LOSING WEIGHT
>>
>>41514477
>>but you won't post your body so it means I'm right
>Kek better chew on some muffins to prepare for your water fast piggy ;^)
You too fat boy
>>
>>41514410
hgh went up and also that study was done I know one person yes your HGH does go up but it's not going to magically just save all your muscle your human growth and one dozen please protein your muscles need protein if you HGH always skyrocketed up and stayed it +600% you would have the effects of being on steroids which no one shows on 1 week fast lmao
>>
>>41514791
Again stop saying LMAO
Nigger steriods and natural HGH production arent comparable at all. Again this is for rapid weight loss thats the entire point. So yes you will lose some muscle but nowhere near as much as you are acting like. It also helps lower insulin levels, blood sugar levels, and fix insulin sensitivity. There are multiple benefits so calm your autism.
>>
>>41514346
You need some electrolytes at least. Table Salt, magnesium, potassium
>>
Ive been lifting for years. Water fasting is foreign to me but i know fasting in general has its place. Multiple studies show fasting has a positive impact to general health. When cutting, i fast for 48 hours in order to get my body into a state of ketosis. That said, 28 day water fasts sounds psychotic. 16/8 at 3 times a week or 1 24 hour fast once a week should be good not 28 days.
>>
File: adderall-fb[1].jpg (391KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
adderall-fb[1].jpg
391KB, 1200x800px
So for those who do lots of drugs, how do you work in your fasts? And do you feel your body "detoxing" the drugs / at least feel the effects of withdrawals from your DOC while your body resets itself?

I'm talking weed, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol. Personally I'm a speed guy. I feel like it's gonna take a lot of fasting to get the amount of dregs I've done lately out of my system.
>>
>>41515784
I tried speeding for the first two days of the fast but it wrecked me. Would've kept going but I caught a cold
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.