[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

My story, brehs. Maybe it'll motivate someone else.
>very athletic in HS and college
>Afterwards gradually decline into blimpmode. Work life stress, "no time" to workout, only time for TV, healthy eating is a "hassle"
>Got a beautiful wife and two cute young daughters
>One day my father in law, also blimp mode and constant meme dieter, gets heart attack. Then a stroke. Then diabetes. Now his life is fucked.
>I see consequences of bad living right before my eyes. See consequences to his family.
>Decide to get my shit together. I want to be there for my wife and kids as long as possible,
>Get back into liftan, HIIT. Lose a lot of weight, gain a lot of strength.
>About to hit 1/2/3/4. Feels good.
>mfw when I realize I'm lifting for girls

Why do you lift, fit? ITT post motivation to get you through the rough spots and the naysayers.
>>
>>41496598
this is very cute, thanks for sharing OP
have a nice day :)
>>
>>41496598
This is basically me, except I was skinnyfat in HS. After getting married and two kids, really let myself go, weigh in in Feb was 328lbs, and that wasn't even my heaviest.

Went to doc two years ago and they said I was heading for the beetus if I didn't change, I didn't, but still don't have the beetus.

My dad was recently told if he didn't fix his shit they were going to have to start him on Insulin. For some reason this was my wake up call.

Started IF in mid-Feb, been lifting last 8 weeks or so. Down to 278, GW 170. Never going back over 300 as long as I live. Thanks for the motivation anon. This shit is helpful to fat fucks like me.

Also - got my dad started on IF about two weeks ago. His normal blood sugar was like 240-260, yesterday it was in the 90s. Already talking about reducing his medication. feelsgoodman
>>
>>41496598
>Skinnyfat gamer in high school. Lived in a small town so all I did was smoke weed, play guitar and vidya on my free time
>Make a friend who moved from Washington state
>We share a common interest in pot smoking
>He asks, "Anon, when the fuck are you going to start lifting weights?"
>I am skeptical at first, but I decide to go to gym with him
>Teaches me the basics of lifting, however, no barbell training
>Move to different city after highschool.
>Experiment with psychedelic mushrooms and gain massive amounts of self-confidence
>Decide that I will start lifting hard and never go back to my unhealthy stoner lifestyle
>Fastforward 3 years and now I'm aesthetic while studying geological engineering.

Mushrooms, bro.
>>
>>41497014
Congrats on progress. Gym Mentors (TM) are the shit.

>geological engineering.
Based career choice.

>>41496725
Good for you, anon. Not a fan of IF, seems like meme to me. But honestly whatever works for you. And if you're coming down from taftmode almost anything that consciously focuses on diet is progress.
The more research I've done and the more I've lifted the more I think lifting heavy is best for weight loss. 5x5 has done amazing things for my weight.
>>
>>41496598
Did you upgrade your wife yet, bro?
>>
I dont know anons I recently realised I put so much of my time and energy into lifting and although I can pretty easily rep 1/2/3/4 I still look kinda small desu. Yeah people can tell I lift and I look way better than before but honestly I am not impressive. I wonder if it is even possible to be impressive as a natty or if I have to hop on the juice to truly make it.

I think my problem is I dont want to invest thousands of hours into this sport only to be slightly above average, if I go to the gym 4x a week train my ass off and eat right for years I want to be a fucking monster not "the guy who lifts".

sry for the rant guys, just needed to let it out and I hope I will read some motivational shit in here.
>>
>>41497891
I feel you, anon. Those are tough feels. All bad feelings pass, and it's easy to overlook your own accomplishments. You're doing good.

Sounds like classic body dysmorphia. 1/2/3/4 for reps is stronger than 99% of the general population! You should be proud. I'm proud for you.

Two thoughts
1. If you're worried about looks you can try a BB or hypertrophy problem. Personally I don't care about it as much as I care about strength and health, but different strokes, mang.
You're not going to get to Ronnie Coleman or Wealthy Organ without /fraud/. But you can get pretty swole natty, especially if you build upper body and cut/tan/groom aggressively.

2. If your concern is just about being best in some way, not necessarily aesthetically, try training for more strength. Get PP 3rd edition. Have you taken LP as far as you can? If so try an intermediate program like madcow. It takes time but if you lift like a beast, even with mediocre genetics, you will get ridiculously strong.
>>
>>41498235
thanks for the kind words anon, yeah I feel kinda like I'm on a crossroad right now and I cant really decide what I want. honestly I want it all and that's a problem.

Yeah I have taken LP as far as I can, did a few cycles of Canditos 6week strength program as well. Currently trying out Greg Nuckolds stuff because it fits better into my current life (started a job and it was hard to plan around Canditos program)
>>
>>41497014
I'd also like to endorse psychedelic use. It's really great for getting yourself out of a rut. Just don't smoke weed at the same time because that causes like 99% of people's 'bad trips'.
>>
>walking out of gym
>mother and small child
>upon seeing me the small child exclaims 'sportsman'

I made it

I really made it
>>
>>41497891
>>41498398
If you want to get bigger, start bulking. You're strong, but you haven't developed much mass. That can only be down to nutrition.
>>
Never posted here before, Fuck it.
>Be Fa/tg/uy
>Decide to join Navy
>Medical out because I used to take Zoloft
>Get depressed for 3 years
>Contemplate suicide
>Decide to go to Thailand and fuck some Ladyboys
>Don't want to gross out Hookers by being gross
>Start working out at local gym
>Feel good for the first time in years
>Lost over 60 pounds
>Get GF
>Dad proud of me
Thanks /Fit/
>>
File: .gif (115KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
.gif
115KB, 500x235px
I've recently embraced my shallowness and it seems to be working.

For years I screwed myself with abstract ideas of a future self that never happens cuz something gets derailed. Recently I learned that I cant be motivated by future visions, probably because my life blows up in what seems like cycles, some of it self-sabotage out of fear of both failure and success; it gets blown up in my head and I freak. So it has to be some pay-off that happens as soon as Im finished.

Then I learned that motivating myself with simple blunt physical things helps. Instead of looking 'like' something, to keep it simple: "I want bigger arms. Go get bigger arms. Good. Done."

I also learned that even this can waver, and that instead of focusing on what I am getting, I lapse into misery about what I dont have. So I spend some time being grateful for what I have, take some contentment in my success and try not to compare myself to others too much which is a path to irrationality.

Then instead of thinking of what I am getting, I think of what I am *being*. The payoffs are nice but a result. I do better living the process mindfully and taking joy in *being* the type of person that gets the reward. It all has to be witnessed in the day, now.

Im rather neurotic, my brain gets in the way of simple action. There is a weird exercise I do sometimes just to get my head primed and centered. It sounds crazy but here it is: I turn a penny over.

I have to see my will to do the simplest thing to effect an action that changes something in my environment. It sounds crazy (maybe it is) but it lets me witness will in action and breaks the loop thinking. I get to exit my thinking and *do* an idea. I keep doing it until the loop thinking is interrupted enough that I am back in the moment.

Hope it is helpful to anyone.
>>
>>41499191
Wow, good for you! Never heard of getting fit for ladyboy hookers. Did you end up going or did feeling better + GF cancel that?
You lurk fit but never post or just happened on the board?
>>41499276
>For years I screwed myself with abstract ideas of a future self that never happens cuz something gets derailed.
This is too close to home for me.
Definitely learning what motivates you is part of growing up. Good for you, anon.
>>
>>41499519
Oh no, I convinced her to go with me when we get married. And yeah, I mostly lurk a new board for a few months as to not make an ass of myself.
>>
File: xfh20gr.jpg (122KB, 736x1097px) Image search: [Google]
xfh20gr.jpg
122KB, 736x1097px
>scrawny in HS
>join Army
>pushups/situps/running
>become really out of shape and constantly injured
>fatass 1SG tells me I'd get injured less if I hit the gym
>lightbulb goes off in my head
>start reading Mens Health and follow meme workouts and diets, at least it set me in the right direction
>get off injury profile and instantly the fastest guy in my unit
>start getting my shit together over the years as far as workouts go
>now out of the Army, almost 30 and in university, not the biggest guy in the world, told I look intimidating but also told I look like I'm only 20
>everytime I stop going to the gym for a month or two I feel like shit and I dont think as clearly

Gotta stay young lads, "feeling old" is the worst feeling ever, lifting for grills is depressing and the motivation is fleeting, lift for yourself and only yourself
>>
File: Socrates-Quote-Discus-Statue.jpg (78KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
Socrates-Quote-Discus-Statue.jpg
78KB, 940x400px
I lift for myself. I want to be healthy, strong, and attractive. If you don't love the person you are, what else do you have?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.