[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

What did he mean by this?
>>
He was refering to pathological narcissism in wich self inprovement plays a major role
>>
>>41493637
So basically /fit/?
>>
thinking like that, anything that you're doing alone be interpreted as masturbation if you want to. i don't see the problem though. people find it obscene if you're having fun by yourself, but in actuality they are the neurotics, who can't be happy and thus surround themselves with petty acquaintances who give them a feeling of importance. /rant

i'm not really sure what he meant by that desu
>>
Self improvement = good -> masturbation = good

Lift and masturbate, anon.
>>
File: 1491543322453.jpg (49KB, 960x876px) Image search: [Google]
1491543322453.jpg
49KB, 960x876px
But masturbation is good, what's the problem.

On a serious note, he's not wrong, people tend to obsess over self improvement and make it all about themselves... but it's often the same people who think they're improving, but in reality they're just falling for fad diets and reading self help books.
>put a mirror in your kitchen and you'll eat less
>>
>>41493616
Jerk off as much as possible.
>>
>>41493616
He was recapitulating the ethos of the mannerbunde.
>>
>>41493616
Huge fan of the book and movie, but eventually came to realize its the ramblings of a mentally disturbed homosexual. Some things ring true, but other things are silly and unrealistic. Finding enlightenment by getting your face bashed in? Yeah go ahead and try that.
>>
>>41493641
yes
>>
>>41493616
Whole Palahniuk ideology in this book is based on westernized version of zen.

It means that wasting your time trying to fit into westernized ideal man to picture is a waste of time

/fit/ equivalent for this quote would be
>Lifting for womyn, any year

The thing is, movie cut big part of book zen parts and made it edgelord kino.

> Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO!

Book is full of interesting examples, everyday you can see people that cry because something went wrong, something out of control fucked up and they are mad or people who spend endless hours analyzing possible future situations that may or may not occur.

>This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Quotes like those feels especially real on places like 4chin where majority of people spend their life in basements fapping and fighting with their own fucked up head. Many of them still dream that one day their life will change and they will start live their life, because right now they are only observers of life, they do not participate.

Some of his quotes are bertty good
>We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't.

>And then, something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.

>Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. To impress people we don't like.
>>
>>41493616
he means that an improved version of dogshit is still dogshit.
>>
>>41493616
Only focusing on improving yourself is for self gratification. Same as masturbation.

Whereas improving others is like sex because you need to make a connection with them to do it.

Nobody cares about you improving yourself more than yourself. Its so you can look in the mirror and see an eight pack or your bank account and see eight figures.

The point of fight club was to embrace pain instead of shy away from it. But also to connect. Theyre all the people in society who have become numb due to the materialism of the world. Fighting. Pain, helps them feel alive and by doing it with each other, they can finally connect to another.
>>41493933
This makes sense. Dude wants a house full of shirtless dudes around all the time. Into making them submit. Having power over them. The fighting is probably the way he justifies the physical contact without being gay.
>>
>>41493616
If you don't get it by now, you never will. KYS
>>
>>41493641
calls /fit/ narcissists
fat women all over my timeline professing how they love their diabetic sickly overweight bodies...

I dont even do shirtless selfies after all the hatemail i got saying im bodyshaming...
>>
>>41493933
This.

Used to love this book in high school, then i realized it's AnCom garbage written by a pseudo intellectual literal faggot.

The movie I can still enjoy though if I don't think about it too much.
>>
>>41493616
He meant its in your own hands, not that fucking hard
>>
>>41494656
If you think this world will allow you to see 8 figures in your bank account as a lone ranger like the guy in this movie who was a literal terrorist then you have much bigger problems than can be addressed in this thread.

The book made sense but fuck some guy promoting being a fucking terrorist in a movie because muh feelings. Its wrong period!
>>
>>41493616
Self improvement = mastrubation
Self destruction = sex
>>
>>41497772
This.
You don't have to do any literary analysis to conclude this, it's literally the way Tyler almost finished the sentence.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.