[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 44

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
New QTDDTOT - ask away
>>
What's better for chest, incline DB press or cable flies?
>>
how much is too much cheat on rows
https://youtu.be/d1PuMaJHySs

vid related
im dyel as it gets i know
>>
>>41492977
is eating a whole rotisserie chicken a good idea?
>120 g protein
>1500 cals
>cheap af
>>
How accurate are calorie estimates in apps like runkeeper? It estimates around 1000 kcal for a 12k run (~130 per mile, male 6'1 189lbs dyelmode).

When on a cut/diet, how do you deal with feeling hungry when you want to sleep?
>>
is 4.2kg of bone mass good? What is the average males bone mass?
>>
>>41493099
in one sitting? no. think about your stomach anon.
>>
i would like a critique on my routine im on a cut and im also building my strength.

GYM: 3 days a week; Strong-Lifts,
>currently at a plate(135lbs) for squats, deadlifts, and Benchpress

OFF-DAYS: general calisthenics; pushups, situps, and (when im able to) pullups

1800-2000cal a day, and im watching my macros.

so i ask you, good routine? anything you would add or substitute? are my choices in calisthenics fine? am i going to make it?
>>
>>41492977
how does one achieve over training in one workout?

is 10x12reps Too much?
>>
>>41493290
are you experiencing any doms 24h after?
>>
>>41493312
i havent done 10 sets on one muscle group yet, right now im just doing 6 but i just feel like have so many more sets in my tank i just wanna use them. As for now im not really experiencing that much doms 24 hours later, i think im gonna go for it.
>>
Are calisthenics a meme? No access to much training equipment other than a pullup/chinup bar and a jump rope. I just do sround 6 sets of 35 pushups and v-ups every day and i'm going to start roping soon
>>
>>41493202

How did you find out your bone mass?
>>
>>41493355
It is not a meme, it has been around for a while too. Sometimes I like to watch these as they give somewhat of a real life comparison between free weights and bodyweight exercises in terms of performance and aesthetics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYEhr7iJMZw
>>
>>41493390
tanita scan, not as accurate as a dexa scan.
>>
>>41493335
For me I know somethings too much if a) can't perform the exercise or a rep right; b) have bad doms after. Steady progress is always better but I guess you're good to go.
>>
whats that website you put your lifts into and it tells you whats lagging n shit? gives you a diagram
thx
>>
Can someone help me with understanding TDEE calculators? If i do a long full body routine 3.5 times a week and besides that am just a uni student, walk around etc. Does this all count as light exercise? I don't do any exruciating cardio but I'm always sweating when lifting. Not heavy weights since I started from a super weak point. Just trying to understand what my calories should be for a lean bulk, sort of just winged it for now.
>>
>>41493439
symmetricstrength
>>41493469
its not about heavy weights but effort you put in. For some people 1plate squat will be their one rep max while some will do 1plate squat for 20reps get it?

Calculators are a meme and only rough estimate.
Some person push themselves hard at gym and approach 90%intensity while most people will approach 70% of intensity and call it quits.

its all relative and best to adjust over time and keep readjusting while observing changes. It takes patience
>>
What does /fit/ put into greek yoghurt to make it taste better?
pros for not sugar
>>
>>41493290
It depends. I might do 100 total reps for leg presses or squats at lower weights, as I am into cycling as well. Helps tremendously but it is tiring
>>
>>41493522
Honey
>>
>>41493067
If you have to ask it is too much
>>
File: Weight.png (292KB, 2266x1516px) Image search: [Google]
Weight.png
292KB, 2266x1516px
Seeing my progress, I suppose I should just continue right? I doubt I'm actually 7.4% BF though, but I'm mostly using it as an indicator of progress.
>>
>>41493524
Sounds gud
>>
>>41493522
Your preferred choice of berries. Buy them frozen, its cheap, and either let room temp heat them or microwave them.
>>
>>41493531
What's that app, bro? Also, How are you measuring?
>>
>>41493563
Weight at my gym and my gym has an app that it syncs to.
>>
>>41493522
chopped apple

oats

honey
>>
How do I bench without a spotter? I'm scared af to try and do it alone but I know I'm not going to always have a workout buddy with me when I go to the gym.

I just don't want to be that guy that hauls a bench over to the squat rack.
>>
>>41493202
It's supposed to be in the 3-5% range.
>>
>>41493531
Pls?
>>
>>41493850
The same way you bench with a spotter, just with a more comfortable weight. If you're pushing weight you're struggling with just ask someone at the gym for a spot, 99.9% of the time they'll say yes.
>>
>>41493335
move more weight idiot
>>
File: Untitled - Copy.png (318KB, 548x666px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled - Copy.png
318KB, 548x666px
Guys how do I correct my posture I plan to work abroad the company im applying to is kinda strict about health, my problem is that I have mild scoliosis do you guys think its ok to ask the xray guy to help me fix my posture before they take it. Pic related that my xray a month ago, going to take one again next week.
>>
File: 20170519_163114.jpg (384KB, 2558x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_163114.jpg
384KB, 2558x768px
Which of these two angles is better for incline db press?
>>
>>41494061
The first one (left). Second one puts too much pressure on your shoulders.
>>
>>41494004
there is no quick sollution to back autism. I am managing mine by developing inner muscle (the red meat par of your bod). I do high reps at bodyweight. Stretching is essential.
>>
Im just starting to bulk from a 6'4 160 lbs frame. My question is how you guys afford food when you get hungry more often? Im at meals that cost over 10 dollars and its fucking killing me. I eat a shit load of peanut butter and jelly, and I put so much god damn peanut butter on there its amazing.
Also, what are some cheaper meals that are delicious, healthy, and cheap?
I can only right now think of anything made with eggs.
>>
Is it possible to live perfectly without doing any of the following to cope with anxiety?:

-No overeating
-No drugs of any kind (alcohol and coffe included)
-No masturbating
-No oversleeping or being lazy
-No videogames or internet addiction

I feel like without these escapes the anxiety just builds up in me and i cant do anything to stop it, to the point that im feeling like shit and even if i force of will i can do anything right.
Each one of these seems to has a huge negative effect, but at the same time i cant seem to find a way to live without at least a couple. How do i achieve it? is it a matter of MORE force of will? Is there a secret?
Is there a way to release anxiety that has no negative effects? Is there truly a way to live a very active life without anxiety?

please help, thank you
>>
Is IF a meme?
>>
>>41494318
1: Talk to a Doctor. Anxiety/Depression for 5 years here and the thing that will relieve your anxiety the most is talking about it, I swear to you.

2: All of those things are fine in moderation as long as you're active, working/studying or whatever.
>>
File: 1491281593878m.jpg (79KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491281593878m.jpg
79KB, 683x1024px
I guess this is a bit different but here goes.
I think I have varicocele in my left nut cord. Is this affecting my gains?
Im wondering if this is affecting my test levels. As fucking embarrassing as this is, my chest has grown very small fatty "breasts". Its not noticeable to everyone else but I see it and if I squeeze my nipple a small amount of white liquid will come out of the dots around the areola but not the nipple.
Am I going to die?
>>
>>41494334
no. makes you change a lot of stuff for the better. I do love it.
>>
>>41494334
Yeah its pretty much all placebo.
>>
Do you guys prefer to have your off day on the weekend or a work day?
>>
>>41494260
legumes and beans are super cheap source of protons albeit not complete

milk
>>
File: image.jpg (595KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
595KB, 1280x1920px
Started squating heavy few weeks ago, and my knees are now clicking all the time and feel like shit, no pain tho. Hip joints also feel uncomfortable, like there is two positions for femur, "right" and "wrong", sometimes I manage to put femur in the right position when warming up, and when I do it feels great instantly. No pain so far, already deloaded by 20% and aim for flawless form on squats, but still worried about my joints, what can I do to dodge snap city, will massage help?

Also, why am I disgusted by every girl who shows interest in me, I may like them at first, but when I am sure she is into me, its an instant turn-off, is it just fear?
>>
>>41494952
>its an instant turn-off, is it just fear
not fear, low self esteem and a crippling need for the aproval of others:

>Hey that girl is so hot i would really like to put my penis inside her womb and shoot a couple of little fitocrats in there
>Hey, she's into me, she can't be that hot. Because hot is not what i want but what other people tell me it's hot.

Brotip, there's no universal beauty, if you pay attention most people who obsess over rating girls and discussing it with friends just want to impress their peers rather than have a good experience with women. Long story short, they prefer bromance over sex with a girl they like.
>>
What the fuck am I supposed to do to get my non-dominant arm to do more? I'm just done with my third week of lifting but I notice that everytime I do OHP/BPs I mostly use my right arm. It's somewhat OK with BPs since I can keep it relatively steady but it completely fucks over my OHPs since I enter a weird fucking skewed stance to be able to lift up the weights.
That I'm a former skeleton turned fat-ish with zero arm strength probably doesn't help either.
>>
>>41495017
Sounds extremely convincing desu, Ive thought about others thinking less of me for dating her
How to fix this shit, should I just plow through the negative emotions and hope I will come to like her
>>
>>41495241
>How to fix this shit, should I just plow through the negative emotions and hope I will come to like her

If you like the girl while youre with her then go for it.

You have to learn to realize that the feeling of liking a girl is different of the feeling of liking that your friends like the girl you date. Which is if you think about it for just a little sec, the most retarded way to live life possible.

Most people live for status nowadays but that is an almost guaranteed road to misery.
>>
How do you progress on assistance work? Example: I do Incline Dumbell Curls 3x8 with 12 kg. Last workout I get all the reps. Do I jump to 14 kg next time (~4.5lbs increase, smallest my gym has) or do I try to hit 10 reps with 12kg and increase once I managed to do that?
>>
>>41492977
Does getting ripped make your body hair fall out? I've never seen someone with low BF% and big pecs/abs that also had a hairy chest.
>>
Why am I waking up feeling light headed and with a headache. The headache fads over an hour, and the light headedness kicks in when I stand up, and goes away after closing my eyes and holding onto the bedside table for like 5 seconds. I remember it happening a while back, it seems to come and go every few weeks.
>>
File: cavill.jpg (142KB, 1280x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cavill.jpg
142KB, 1280x1500px
>>41495290
No, many people just think a clean shave makes you look more muscular
>>
>>41495307
That sounds like it could be anemia, anon. Get a test done
>>
>>41495350
Hmm I gave blood a month and a half ago and I didn't get any warnings from them, thought it wasn't occurring then. I'll see about talking to a doctor, just in case, thanks.
>>
>>41495266
I never even talked to her, she just stares at me in class, quiet girl.
I dont like anything about her in particular, I just want to have a gf, and she is an okay girl who likes me.
I dont want to pretend to like her when I dont tho, it sounds very very bad
>>
Currently doing PPL with chin ups on my pull day. I can only do 2/3 reps each set. Can I incorporate chin ups into my push day or maybe legs? Essentially how often can I do chin ups?
>>
>>41494952
fear to lose you freedom. fear to get tied down. fear to start something that you will be responsible for, fear of eventually losing it. maybe.
>>
Is there any program where I can do two consecutive days and one non-consecutive? ie, workout both days on the weekend and only once during the work week? Because lifting during the week is a bitch.
>>
is there any way to reduce waist size? im male, about 12% bf and i dont have much fat to lose. was curious if there were other ways apart from surgery
>>
>>41495438
>I dont like anything about her in particular, I just want to have a gf,
a girl you somehow somewhat like is not girlfriend material, you have to be blown away, or there has to be something incredibly positive about her for you to consider it
>>
>>41495822
nice. can we apply the same principal to men too?
>>
File: squat-slide.png (17KB, 1053x625px) Image search: [Google]
squat-slide.png
17KB, 1053x625px
How many of you take regular pictures or promote yourselves either on instagram or just to get laid?

I mostly lift for aesthetics and strength but find that documenting progress and particularly taking regular pictures of myself is a pain in the arse, despite before and after pics regularly getting me thousands of views and girls hitting on me.
>>
>>41493007
Whichever you can do the most weight with
>>
Changed diet a week ago, wanted to add more protein percentage wise. Now I feel bloated every night, and don't even hit my calories, especially in the carb department. Protein and fats are ok. I seem smaller than a week ago now though, and look dyel, how fix?
>>
>>41495872
what do you mean specifically?

usually you cant, no matter how much feminists get angry a standard hetero cis relationship has different dynamic that the other kinds.
>>
>>41495981
just chocolate and bacon like a motherfucker, then add vitamin supplements and whey protein, youre deon
>>
>>41492977

>CAP bar at my house
>i can barely do 200lbs squats 5x5
>generally uncomfortable

>try oly bar at University Gym
>285 for reps and it feels good

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
I need a good cardio youtube video i can follow, link me your best guys
>>
File: 1489668707757.jpg (40KB, 760x594px) Image search: [Google]
1489668707757.jpg
40KB, 760x594px
>>41493067
I didn't cheat for my first year because I was too self conscious about my low numbers

Now I regularly cheat on plenty lifts because I know it helps getting the numbers up and I'm lifting enough that I don't look like too much of a faggot either way

>>41493099
If it fits your macros, go nuts. Lots of empty fat in it though.
I tend to roast a whole chicken and turn it into 4 dinners with veg. Cheaper and more filling and lasts longer.

>>41493161
>When on a cut/diet, how do you deal with feeling hungry when you want to sleep?
Eat before bed. Something like casein is great because it's protein overnight. Failing that, anything with volume: protein fluff, veg, soup, etc.

>>41493249
>im on a cut and im also building my strength.
Pick one. Unless you're fat and within your first 2 weeks this is pointless.

>currently at a plate(135lbs) for squats, deadlifts, and Benchpress
That's a fucking weird ratio. Add a plate to squat and diddy at least ASAP.

>so i ask you, good routine?
SS is fairly shit but it'll get your strength up quick. Do it for the recommended 6 months then move on. Also you're giving no information so nobody can answer you properly.

>>41493290
>how does one achieve over training in one workout?
Train more than your body can repair for before the next time you work out.

>is 10x12reps Too much?
If above happens, yes. Otherwise no.

10x12 is retarded if nothing else.

>>41493335
Add more weight, idiot

>>41493355
Not a meme, just way inferior to gym for building strength.

>>41493469
TDEE calcs are so bad it doesn't really matter. I generally find leaving exercise as INACTIVE or LIGHT creates the most realistic calories across the board but since I know my calories I'd never use them now.

>>41493522
MyProtein flavour drops = god mode
Erythritol, protein powder, fruit, nuts, lemon zest etc

>>41493524
Honey is sugar

>>41493850
Same way you bench with a spotter- just be careful not to go above your 1RM.
>>
>>41495995
Thanks anon, will try
>>
File: 14241214214214.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
14241214214214.gif
2MB, 320x180px
Is the form of the world strongest man himself?

He doesn't go low on the setup he goes pretty fucking (legs and arms) and pretty much his deadlifts is what some would consider the welcome to snap city deadlift yet he is there doing exercises with weight we probably couldn't even think off. Basically i always hated the setup for deadlifts especially cause i have to go wide and everyone was always like

>lmao u sumo deadliftin brah xDD

So i might want to start doing it like he does, what do you guys think, is it snap city or not?
>>
>>41496164
>*Is the form of the world strongest man himself good

Ups.
>>
File: unnamed.png (75KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
75KB, 480x800px
I'm good looking and fit, yet girls never give me their numbers on Tinder. I just want to fuck some sweet ripe poon. Fuck me, right?
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-19+at+10.17.26).png (87KB, 479x826px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-19+at+10.17.26).png
87KB, 479x826px
Does steak really have this few of calories?
>>
File: 1490369500065.jpg (30KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490369500065.jpg
30KB, 480x465px
>>41493850
Also leave the clips off so you can flop the weights off the end if you need. Also learn the roll of shame

>>41493531
No idea, don't speak moon runes

>>41494004
No solid advice but remember that knees, hips, post chain, spine and neck all work as one for posture. Train all of them

>>41494260
Veg
Whole chicken, big cuts and joints, offal
Shop at 6pm+ for reduced shit
Beans, legumes, nuts
Make lots of soup

Basically 1 meat + 1 grain + 2 veg + sauce = quickest tasty way to high cal meals

>>41494318
>Is it possible to live perfectly
No

Stop trying to change into something and just try to change.

Habit is what matters.

>>41494334
No, it makes eating less easier. Health claims are mostly inflated nonsense.

>>41495055
>What the fuck am I supposed to do to get my non-dominant arm to do more?
More dumbbells.
>>41495269
>How do you progress on assistance work?
Same as any other work. Progressive overload whenever you manage an extra rep or two.

>>41495290
No, they shave

>>41495307
Could be a million things, talk to a doc

>>41495467
Every day or more.

>>41495735
Literally any 3 day program

>>41495761
>is there any way to reduce waist size?
Consume less calories than you expend.
Read the sticky.

>>41495981
You're probably dyel. Lift more.
Also switch protein or don't eat it.

>>41496003
Probably you're an idiot and the bar had a lower weight

>>41496164
Looks fine to me. Also that's only 3 plates, nothing special and less than most of /fit/

Also type properly.

>>41496195
I can tell you're autistic from that single pic. Learn to socialise and communicate well.
>>
>>41496195
you have to ease into it my dude, you sounded too much in a hurry in that cap
>>
>>41495822
I know you are right, but Ive been rejecting women for almost 3 years now, feel like Im wasting my youth, Im 21 in a month. Probably gonna ask her out and maybe she has a nice personality or something, thats what first dates are for anyway
Thank you for your answers, really appreciate it my dude
>>
File: it's the conway boy.png (840KB, 1358x662px) Image search: [Google]
it's the conway boy.png
840KB, 1358x662px
how much am i fucking my triceps over if i don't include any overhead movements in my routine?
>>
File: 1340077671434.png (220KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1340077671434.png
220KB, 394x394px
Non ankle weight bearing substitutions for the usual compound lifts? Recently got injured and I really don't want to stop lifting while it heals. Bench is gucci by default, so is OHP (just do it seated), and rows can be done chest supported or w/e, but I struggle to find replacements for squat and deadlift that won't break my feet (only allowed to carry my bodyweight of 190lbs plus maybe an additional 20 if ever).

Leg press is super gay but would it hit legs as good as squat for the time being, along with maybe some leg curls and bodyweight squats?

For deadlift, ohshit. Hamstring curl, glute ham raise, and lots of upper body pulling work for dem traps? I have no idea.
>>
>>41496254
None if you're otherwise properly working your triceps. Stupid question.

>>41496258
>Leg press is super gay but would it hit legs as good as squat for the time being, along with maybe some leg curls and bodyweight squats?
Leg press will put just as much weight on your ankles as squat/diddy.

Nothing you substitute for these will work the same muscles. Leg curls work fine and you could do squats on your knees for a while and just miss out on calves.

You're fucked for deadlift either way but you can do rack pulls on your knees to get traps and back. Do plenty seated rows.
>>
>>41496249
never hurts to try. you can really know where its gonna lead
>>
>>41496003
>>41496221

As a math major, go fuck yourself

I go to that gym and use the Oly bar to max out once a month and its always the same deal

The olympic bar just feels so much fucking better
>>
>>41496294
>Leg press will put just as much weight on your ankles as squat/diddy.
I was told the straight one (not the 45 degree incline one) is sorta fine by my physio, but leg press is universally hated by nearly anybody on this site and I can see why.

>squats on your knees
Elaborate. Just "sitting down" and raising myself upright with glute power with weight on my back? Sorry I'm dumb. Calves are fine for the time being, I was a fat kid and did a FUCKTON of calf work before, I can set that aside for a few months.

Thanks for the help btw.
>>
File: 1416693651435.gif (704KB, 330x247px) Image search: [Google]
1416693651435.gif
704KB, 330x247px
>>41496294
>stupid question
fight me m8
>>
How do I decide when to stop cutting as a total fucking beginner?
I'm 6'2", approx. 214lbs, 25% bf, doing light cardio (30-60min) on off days from lifting. Am I supposed to drop my weight somewhat below my goal weight, and then bulk my way up, or just drop to the goal weight and eat at maintenance?
>>
Get ready for some stupid questions lads.

First things first, I have no idea how to do any of these workouts in person. I've been hitting the links in the sticky and I've got a basic idea, but I don't trust myself to go in to a gym and just start doing them. Are personal trainers worth the extra money or should I just break down and look for a workout buddy.

That leads me to question two: do I have to workout with another person? The only other person I can reliably work out with on a schedule I can do is my brother, and I'd really rather not lift with him.

Question three, there's a fuck ton of 'fitness club', places like LA fitness/anytime fitness/ect. Am I right in assuming they all have a full selection of weights and workout machines or do I have to go out of my way to hit the only golds gym in town? Their websites say they have workout shit, but they don't actually go in to specifics about what equipment they have.

Question four: I'm a fucking manlet, am I going to get laughed out of every place I go? I'm something like 5' 4", and I assume that as long as im not a retard I'm not in any danger of physical harm via whatever workout I'm doing, but I'd rather not be the fag everyone takes photos of and posts online.

I've never done any of this stuff before so I'd like to do it by the books as much as possible, I figured it'd be better to embarrass myself here with my retardation than in person.
>>
My right body looks more bulky than my left body even when i workout them the same, i should add that i have a cronic luxation on my left shoulder making my left tricep harder to train than my right, any tips to improve training with this kind of injury?
>>
>>41496538
1. You can get an idea of the movements while imagining you are holding onto a bar or dumbbells. It's really not that hard, you'll figure it out. Half the people in the gym have fucked up form/don't know what they're doing anyways.

2. No? Nothing wrong with lifting alone.

3. Yes those gyms will be good. LA fitness afaik is a solid gym with a large range of equipment.

4. Gyms are already full of overcompensating manlets, you probably won't get laughed at much more than you already do anywhere else.

As long as you aren't a complete retard you aren't going to get laughed out of a gym.
>>
>>41496538
This is speaking from my experience as a beginner but maybe it'll help.

>First things first, ...
Just try to do them, maybe look into a mirror if possible. Honestly, you'll probably notice pretty soon if you're doing something wrong. Your weights will be pretty light too so I doubt that you could fuck yourself over too much.

>That leads me to question two: ...
Didn't so far but I don't really see where you'd need someone outside of maybe bench presses and power cleans, if you're doing them

>Question three, ...
Most of these gyms (at least here) allow you to try them out for a day or something, or at the very least you should be able to tour them with someone before becoming a member. I guess you can check in person that way.

>Question four:
Who the fuck cares. I was and still am a big fucker with somewhat too much weight and when I started out I couldn't even do a proper squat because I kept falling over all the time with an empty bar. I don't even think I had people laughing, one or two dudes just offered me advice and I kinda managed from there on out. Honestly if you're not going to some college gym you'll probably see a lot of adults there just doing their thing and they'd rather not interfere with someone else.
>>
>>41496294
>>41496332
btw do hip thrusts have any merit in replacing diddlies? along with the other suggestions of course.
>>
File: men-women-fat-mass.jpg (50KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
men-women-fat-mass.jpg
50KB, 400x273px
To reduce my bf%, is it literally down to cutting? I've seen a dramatic improvement since I started lifting and eating right, but I still need to drop around 5% for dat definition and I'm finding it increasingly harder to shift that layer of fat covering my gainz...
>>
File: 1482704865447.jpg (132KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482704865447.jpg
132KB, 768x960px
>>41492977
If i have skinny arms but some fat on my belly do i have to bulk to get big arms? From sticky i know that you need more calories than you burn to gain muscles but i couldn't find if the calories from fat have to be in some place or it doesn't matter from which part of body you're getting it
>>
>>41496501
12%
It's pretty much the optimal bodyweight for lifting, health and men in general. 15% or above is too high and you should be cutting

Just make sure you're lifting properly and not wasting your time while cutting.

>>41496538
>First things first, I have no idea how to do any of these workouts in person. I've been hitting the links in the sticky and I've got a basic idea, but I don't trust myself to go in to a gym and just start doing them.
Why?
If you've seen someone doing a curl or chest press and don't think you can do that then there's something seriously wrong with you, so what is it? Why wouldn't you be able to? Only by knowing that could anyone answer your question.

>Are personal trainers worth the extra money or should I just break down and look for a workout buddy.
You should just lift.

>do I have to workout with another person?
No

> there's a fuck ton of 'fitness club', places like LA fitness/anytime fitness/ect. Am I right in assuming they all have a full selection of weights and workout machines or do I have to go out of my way to hit the only golds gym in town?
Anything is fine at your level. Ideally somewhere with power racks and OLY racks but since you're clearly mental it doesn't really matter.

>I'm a fucking manlet, am I going to get laughed out of every place I go?
Yes, the gym is no exception. You're going to get made fun of just as much as anywhere else. Which is basically not at all.

Stop being retarded and autistic and reading about lifts and asking retarded questions and just go lift. You could've done a few sets and found out the answer to all of these in the same amount of time it's taken you to ask.

>>41496574
More dumbbells.

>>41496332
Squat movement while on your knees. Doesn't give you the same development but it gives you most of it.

>>41496624
They're helpful as they involve the hip flexors and glutes to the same degree as the deadlift but again they put almost the same weight on the ankles when done correctly.
>>
>>41495735
Upper/Lower Split on the weekend, Full-Body during the week. Lyle's Generic Bulk and on the weekday, just scramble the exercises to get the big moves in. Check the thread on his forum for suggestions.

>>41496258
Leg Press + Leg Extensions + Leg Curls. Also Pull-Ups.

>>41496501
Cut to abs. Bulk til they go away. Always gaining or losing 1-2lbs a week at most. Scale is just there to help you adjust your diet. Goal weights are stupid, for looks you want abs, for health you want a waist:height ratio under 1/2, you want as much muscle as you can while having the above, whatever you weigh is what you weigh.

>>41496538
The book Starting Strength has very good guides. Buy or pirate.
No, you don't. You can bench in a rack, learn the roll of shame, not using clips, and bench alone, or you can ask for a spot from anyone there.
Take a tour. Call and ask if they have a squat rack. Start with the nearest/cheapest and work your way out.
As long as you're not doing meme bullshit and are honestly trying, nobody will laugh at you.
>>
When I'm doing deadlifts without a spotter I always get paranoid and feel like my back is rounding yet it almost never is.
Is there some way to know whether it is rounding during the lift?
>>
>>41496843
You can also recomp (eating at maintenance, turning fat into muscle) but that'll take forever unless your bf% is pretty low already
Just cut
>>
>>41497197
Yeah I tried recomp but it wasn't working for me, it's really slow like you say. I'm about 18% (measured with calipers, but the accuracy is doubtful) and would like to get down between 12-15%
>>
I have a bad knee, as in sometimes, my left knee bends by itself when I'm running, which fucks me up and made me fall multiple times when I'm on a treadmill. So now I switched to Ellipticals. What then, do I do about squats? I can maybe do 1 plate with a spotter just in case but I'm really worried about doing any more than that.
>>
Why does my left shoulder click and catch when I do military or really any shoulder exercise?
>>
>>41497465
Because you have weak rotator cuffs that can't handle rotation under weight and shitty unlubricated joints
>>
Should i work out today even if DOMS dont let me get full rom and probably wont let me finish all my sets?
>>
Anyone heard of SARMS? are they a meme?
>>
Hey guys! I feel uncomfortable while doing leg press. I tend to lock me knees, and I know I'll end up in snap city, the violent way.
What exercise can I do instead? Considering I already do squats and deadlifts.

Thanks!
>>
>>41497515
Any way I can try and fix?
>>
My Deadlift 1rm raw is 130kg atm, but with a belt it's fucking 160kg.

Can a belt really add 30kg to my lift?

Do I have some sort of core/bracing issue I really need to fix?

Or could it all just be psychological?
>>
>>41497622
Any squat variation will more or less be the same as doing leg presses. If you already squat and DL, no need for one though. Might want to post whole routine; but make sure you include the knee end hamstring work in your routine as well.
A leg workout that has a squat variation, calves work, leg curl and glute ham raise / romanian deadlift is enough for natural trainers.
>>
>>41497596
DOMS dont really prevent one from training, only make one more susceptible for injuries. Warm up better than normally and youre fine.
>>
>>41497645
Stop with the reddit spacing if you want answers. 30 kg difference isnt too much for DL, doesnt sound abnormal to me.
>>
>>41497596
If DOMS is stopping you from having proper form you're gonna have to skip in my opinion. Do try if some stretching and warming up can allow more ROM though before you give up.
>>
>>41497616
Eh they work for some, still have drawbacks and don't work as for as real gear, just pin test or stick to whey and creatine
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>41496843
Caloric deficit is the only way to lose stored fat. Read the sticky.

Getting there is another question entirely.

>>41496981
>If i have skinny arms but some fat on my belly do i have to bulk to get big arms?
Caloric deficit will get rid of fat. Lifting at caloric plus will build muscle. Stop being retarded.

>>41497132
Mirror/camera/spotter

>>41497437
>I can maybe do 1 plate with a spotter
You don't need a spotter before >3 plates on squat, just use safeties properly

>>41497596
>Should I
We can't make choices for you.

>>41497616
Not as good as steroids and usually far more expensive and more dangerous, not to mention far less effective

>>41497622
You could try doing leg press properly with good form. Or do squats like a normal person.

>>41497645
This indicates a weak core and/or poor bracing but psychology is probably a part of it too. I lift 160kg standard deadlift but 180kg with hex bar, so many things make a difference. Deadlift is full body after all.

Your obliques and abs are probably mostly to blame but that doesn't necessitate removing the belt. Whatever works for you.
>>
>>41497659
I'm basically following PHUL in terms of routine. So I have two leg days that I alternate.

>Leg A
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Leg press 3x10
Leg curl machine 3x10
Calf raise machine, or smith) 3-4x10

>Leg B
Front squat 3x10
Barbell lunge 3x10
Leg extension 3x10 (only the end of the ROM to protect kneecaps)
Leg curl 3x10
Calf raise 4x10
>>
>>41497716
What scares me is that my legs are devastated from DL and today i have to squat, i feel like i wont be able to go back up
>>
File: 1493832434670.jpg (481KB, 2758x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1493832434670.jpg
481KB, 2758x1822px
>take a shit
>water splashes my ass
>wipe
>no shit in toilet bowl

What came out?????
>>
File: uncomfortable.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
uncomfortable.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>41497815
>>
>>41497815
Holy shit ded
>>
>>41497779
Unless you're doing heavy singles you're probably gonna he able to struggle back up even if it means some bad form. Squats don't go from ok to full stop in a single rep.
>>
>>41497815
The turd could just have slid down deep enough into the bowl that it's not visible.
>>
>>41493918
i am moving enough weight so i can only do 12 reps you fucking moron.
>>
Do I still need to keep up my protein intake on off days?

So say I have 200g protein on training days, do i need to keep it to 200g even on off days?
>>
>>41497860
I plucked my hand in there, was elbow deep and felt nothing. What the hell!
>>
>>41498105
Your muscles take something like 36-48 hours to fully recover, and they do need their proteins for that process.
>>
Is it okay for progression to slowly increase rep number, and then, after reaching a goal number of reps raise the weight?
For example, I start by doing 3x8, and the next time I try 3x10, and then 3x12. Whe I reach 3x12 the next time I go, I increase the weigth and drop the reps back to 3x8 and start over. Is this okay, or is it too slow. I'm too afraid of injury desu, so I don't mind if it's suboptimal (my spine is a bit uneven, so that's why)
>>
>>41498151
Im sure theyve done studies that show beginners can train almost the next fucking day, one rest day is enough for a muscle group. People who have worked natty 10+ years need several days for recovery.

source: hulkki's vlogs
>>
Is it better to split them into upper/lower body (i.e. Squat/DL one day, OHP/BP the next) or alternate them (i.e. Squat/BP one day, DL/OHP the next)?

What's the reasoning behind this?
>>
>>41498253
Different splits work for different people. If youre natural and havent been training 6+ years or so, better go with a lower split aka 1-3 training sessions for the whole body as splitted.

Push Pull or Push Pull Legs are common ones, basically if legs are done themselves you get it yourself, squat is push and DL is pull. Most likely reasonable to DL once a week only, no matter the pull training times.
>>
File: 1494782860290.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494782860290.webm
3MB, 640x640px
>>41492977
Is drinking raw eggs have healthy? Does it have side effects?
>>
What's the best way to make hanging leg raises harder? Are there some progressions or is there an easy way to add weight to it?
>>
>>41498300
I meant "is drinking raw eggs healthy?"
>>
>>41498300
They have less nutritional value this way and taste awful. No benefits aside from preparation time I guess.
>>
>>41498280
>better go with a lower split aka 1-3 training sessions for the whole body as splitted.

Sorry I don't exactly get what you mean by this. Do you mean I should do them all on the same day 1-3x a week?
>>
>>41498300
My thoughts on drinking raw eggs

>Overblown risk of salmonella but it still exists
>Tastes like shit and fried eggs taste great
>>
Is a cheap whey as good as an expensive one? If I can easily afford the more expensive one, for which should I go?
>>
are niggers white?
>>
>>41498395
Price doesn't necessarily say how good it is, check websites like labdoor that do testing in proteins to see how much they actually contain

Every single companies lies at least a little bit about much protein is in their product, it's always lower than the label but not always by enough to be bothered about it
>>
>>41496198
The fuck kind of measurement for a steak is 272 grams?
>>
>>41498300
I read that when the eggs are raw your body absorbs way less of the available protein. Haven't researched to see whether that is accurate though
>>
>>41498417
Thanks!

Also, is it possible that whey makes you horny? I started taking whey one week and a half ago and I feel like a 14 year old...
>>
>>41498300
>is salmonella healthy?
>>
>>41498185
Anyone?
>>
Is walking a mile and a half good starting out? It takes me around 30-35 minutes to walk that much.

Also, should I be walking every day? Or should I take some days off? Since I'm overweight, it's kind of like doing weight exercises for my legs. So I'm unsure if I should treat it like if I was doing weight exercises, where I believe you take a day off, or not.
>>
>>41498185
Ye it's fine as long as you're consistently progressing
>>
I've recently piqued my girlfriend's interest in lifting weights. I finally convinced her that she would reach her fitness goals by adding some lifting instead of only doing cardio.

Problem is she has no colon. It was taken out years ago. She wears an colostomy bag. For this reason, she absolutely cannot put too much stress on her abdomen. It could cause... a disaster.

Any idea what kind of lifts she could safely do?

So far, I've had her doing dumbbell bench presses and some really shallow light weight dumbbell squats...
>>
File: 202.jpg (667KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
202.jpg
667KB, 1920x2560px
shoulder clicking when bench pressing? what the fuck causes it? I've tried narrowing my grip to tuck the elbows in and it didnt help
>>
reposting from fat

i've been going to the gym on monday, wednesday and fridays only because i was quite busy on tuesday and thursday, but now that im free i want to use those days for other gym related stuff, what can i add ?

i've been doing :
Monday: chest and triceps
wednesday: back and biceps
friday: legs and shoulders

cardio and abs everyday too
>>
>>41498556
No, we dont. Ask a doctor.
>>
>>41498914
So many wtfs there.

Youre doing a brosplit in which you train your, for example, back, ONCE a week as a natural trainer. What the fuck?

>cardio and abs everyday

What the fuck? Read the sticky and pick a proper program.
>>
File: bulletproof_coffee.jpg (55KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
bulletproof_coffee.jpg
55KB, 768x768px
will bulletproof coffee make me a fatty if I work an office job and lift 3x weekly? carb free "breakfast"
2tbsp unsalted butter, 2 tsp coconut oil, 8 oz coffee
got the idea here: https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-butter-coffee-bulletproof/
>>
Lost about 20 lbs but still looked the same as before. I was 5'10 185 when I started. Does it mean that I just have to lose more weight to look leaner? I feel like anything less than 155 at this height is really skinny with no muscle
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-133931.png (56KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-133931.png
56KB, 480x800px
I'm too autistic to come up with a witty response for a /fit/ girl who I matched with last night. What should I say to her senpai?
>>
>>41498984
"i sense a connection between us 8)"
>>
>>41498556
Tough one... Even isolation arm exercise requires some kind of core engagement. Pull ups chin ups maybe? And with weights, always low weight/high reps.
Also, what are her goals?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-135058.png (71KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-135058.png
71KB, 480x800px
>>41499003
My autism got the best of me, famm.
>>
>>41498503
>Is walking a mile and a half good starting out?
As in, that's all you can manage? God no. Humans are designed to be able to walk and run literally all day.

Do whatever works and keeps you consistent.

>>41498556
How do you anal?

Hanging leg raises and standard core work might help. Depends what her goals are.

>>41498914
Read the sticky and pick a routine. Literally anything is better than what you're doing.

>>41498969
Consuming too many calories makes you fat. Drinking calories is generally retarded and adds calories you don't need, but coffee isn't necessarily bad.

Paying ridiculous prices for shitty coffee is though.

>>41498984
>>41499067
This is now a cringe thread
>>
So my gf is very lean, pretty much S T I C C mode. I happen to enjoy at least a little bit of meat though. How can I suggest to her to add some muscle on her legs/butt, but be polite about it?
>>
File: obama-and-people.jpg (52KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
obama-and-people.jpg
52KB, 600x331px
>>41499067
made me proud anon
>>
I read the sticky and shit and chose a routine; am currently watching videos on form

How many cals should a 117llb guy eat? How much should my protein intake be? 150? Pls help
>>
>>41499275
get "caught" masturbating to fit grills.
>>
>>41499330
117lbs, I assume you wanna bulk. It depends on how old you are, and how active you are, but assuming you're skinny/skinny fat, I'd go for something along the lines of 2200 cals. That would be a very lean bulk, to avoid storing fat. Could be more if you're exercising A LOT. And I really mean A LOT.
For the prots quantity, 150 would be the upper bracket. No less than 120 though.
>>
>>41499397
23, sedentary as fuck and never moved my ass since I was 8

Thanks for the response. Is there any clear cut way to calculate this online? Any websites with calculators or formulas to estimate this you can recommend?
>>
>>41499435
Update, anything beyond the calculator in the sticky?
>>
>>41499435
I like this one pretty much. http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>>
What arm size is respectable? lanklet twig arm reporting 14inch arms
>>
>>41499337
I like your cavalier sense of danger. High risk, high reward.
>>
File: 1493461399288.jpg (236KB, 865x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1493461399288.jpg
236KB, 865x1296px
Is it okay to do OHP with one arm? Or will I fuck up my spine or something? I only have one dumbbell.
>>
File: 4557591.jpg (66KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
4557591.jpg
66KB, 520x678px
Will rowing for cardio on off days fuck with my upper body lifts on lifting days?
>>
>>41499471
17+ unflexed minimum, the sky is the limit

>why unflexed
so nobody can cheat with pump or good/bad inserts
>>
Is it bad if my last meal is around 12 in the midnight and I sleep at around 2.30?
I still can get 7-8 hours of sleep
>>
File: images (11).jpg (19KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
19KB, 458x321px
Skull crushers vs seated/standing dumbbell extension vs seated/standing barbell extension vs seated/standing dumbbell extension (where you're swinging it back not overhead see pic)?
>>
>>41500419
>in the mid night
In all seriousness, don't make it a big meal and give yourself 2 hours and you should be okay
>>
>>41492977
How do i ask a girl out on snapchat that i never met before
>>
what's that website were you input your lifts and it shows your musculature in different colours?
>>
>>41501491
>website were you input your lifts and it shows your musculature in different colours?
I literally just copypasted that into google and got what you are looking for in the first result
>>
File: 1433286668554.png (2MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
1433286668554.png
2MB, 1065x902px
>>41501583
thanks
>>
>>41501583
Fucking kekd
>>
File: lmao at ur life.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
lmao at ur life.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>41501583
>>
>>41499067
Kek
>>
>>41500475
Close grip bench press

>>41499989
Buy a gym membership and stop fucking around

>>41500350
What

>>41500419
It's bad because you're wasting the most productive part of the day and being a lazy shit. Doesn't affect your gains unless you're getting less sleep than you need

>>41501206
"Wanna go out some time?"
>>
>>41499103
Why do niggers like you reply to 5+ comments as if anyone gives that much of a shit about your opinion? Is it narcissism? I'm surprised you're not a tripfag.
>>
>>41501741
>How dare you answer questions in a questions and answers thread
and we're the narcissists? top kek
>>
I go to the gym MWF, I want to add pushups and some ab work at home. Which days should I do them on to maximize growth/minimize interference with the gym work?
>>
I went heavy on my dl and now I'm too pooped to even bench what I did last week. Wat do?
>>
File: 20170519_182953.png (406KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_182953.png
406KB, 576x1024px
Need suggestions for FWBs sex to do list.
She's getting back on birth control and she's already offered anal.
What else would be fun?
>>
I want to start running after my workouts to improve my cardiovascular fitness and help with weight loss. What's a good program to follow? I can complete a 5k but I'm slow as fuck.
>>
>>41502010
You could try double suicide...

>>41502046
Running is too fun, just go for it. You could also do intervals
>>
>>41502010
Consider a Cleveland steamer. If that's too messy, give her a glass bottom boat.

Also, Arabian sandstorms always make for a fun time!
>>
>>41494398
wat
>>
>>41497687
gonna need sauce
>>
>>41500475
Standing single DB overhead extension looks the best in the mirror. (read alpha)
>however with with cables you have an easier option to do a drop set
>>
>female, 22, 5'55'' 150 pounds, 1200 calories a day (but usually try to only have 1000 and succeed)
>calorie limit doesn't cut it anymore, want to lose weight faster than that (lost 40 pounds since last year, then lost weight really fast when applied calorie limit and better diet)
>desperately want to be in the 140's range. Gotta get to 130
>sign up for gym
>went 2 days so far, spent 2 hours there each day
>be today, plan on going again
>feel weak as fuck, even though I get all the sleep needed every day
>kind of like light headed, maybe a bit fatigued,
>ok I'll skip gym for today, don't want to pass out and embarrass myself or have to pay for an ambulance ride or whatever
>eat some food, take all the vitamins, still waiting for them to maybe kick in and make me stop feeling like shit
>still feel weird

I did leg muscles and arm/back muscles on machines and tried jogging on the treadmill, want to start jogging at some point, did stair climber. Am I doing something wrong? Why do I feel like this?
>>
File: knee on belly.jpg (47KB, 557x448px) Image search: [Google]
knee on belly.jpg
47KB, 557x448px
Asking /martial arts general/ would probably be a waste of time, so I'm asking here. I hope /fit/ is cool with it.

I'm about 6 months into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I just recently suffered from my 3rd rib injury (intercostal tear).

How can I develop stronger ribs?
>>
How do I make MFP not change the automatic calorie adjustment from other apps as soon as I enter in a manual exercise?

For example, today I burned about 300cals walking with pacer, which MFP recognized, but as soon as I manually logged in an additional 500cals from using my exercise bike, the pacer adjustment went to zero.

I know they implement this to avoid double counting, but I don't carry my phone in my pocket while riding the bike, so that's not an issue.

How do I turn off this retarded feature? I've been getting around it just by manually entering in "walking" as an additional exercise, but I'd like to not have to do that.
>>
If I rarely do direct ab work and I were to cut, would I have any visible abs without having to lose my muscle to drop to such a low weight?
>>
Good shoe brands/specific trainers for running around 20km per week under $150AU.
See a lot of people recommending nike air pegasus 33's but not sure if it's just a meme, others recommending brooks/asics but not sure.
>>
>>41503486
doesn't matter if you spend 2 or 4 hours at the gym. its not about the time its about the effort. I know people who spend hours at the gym and never have any gains or anything to show for.
while I go in and do 30 mins and im set for the day.and going 2 days in a row specially when youre new is bad for your body. give yourself 1-2 days in between every workout to allow your body to recover. once youre used to it you can try going 4x per week.

NOOB
>>
>>41494318
You can do it. I had all of those vices alongside alcoholism. Now i lift and cook.
>>
>>41492977
Is casein worth it?
>>
>>41492977
what are the pros ( if any) and cons of using instant breakfast as a meal replacement
>>
>>41492977
what are some good neck exercises?
are neck curls enough?
>>
>>41502010
Dirty A2M with snowballing.
>>
>>41504227
Not a meme but not the holy grail some claim it to be. Brooks specializes in running (compared to other brands who make shoes for basically anything) so they are pretty based. Have Ghost 9 myself, would recommend that or maybe Glycerin 14 depending on how cheap you can cop.
>>
>>41504227
>>41504883
*Glycerin 13. The 14 is slightly worse, forgot for a moment which I meant.
>>
>>41504883
how are the "pureflow 6's"? They're a bit cheaper but look considerably nicer than the glycerin 13's.. end of the day though if the extra $20 and uglier looks mean less leg injuries I'll take it.
>>
>>41492977
Setting up a home gym, do I want body builder knurling or Olympic knurling on my bar?
>>
>>41505060
>>41504923
can't find the glycerin 13's or the ghost 9's for less than $150AU.. yet they're only $100US on some sites, just don't ship to AU.
Any thoughts on Asics?
>>
>>41492977
Had surgery and can't lift for two weeks
What do to prevent muscle loss in this time
>>
>>41505239
Isometrics? and get your protons

>>41505155
y not both? crossfit bar.

>>41504781
it's really good shit, and cheaper than ensure or other atkins style stuff. the only con is it's not whole food / no fiber, but if you're going the meal replacement route, it's as good as anything else you'll get and much cheaper

>>41504726
no. it's not a meme but not worth the money, have a glass of milk

>>41502046
three quality runs a week. 60:120 sprint:walk intervals, 8-10 of them. 30 minutes (15 out and 15 back) for distance, push hard. 5 miles easy pace. Have a day off running between them.
>>
>>41495965
I just took pictures when I felt I milestone'd. For example: reaching 75kg of bodyweight.
>>
I've started my second week of SL5x5 and in my first workout, I had trouble with OHP with just the bar, couldn't finish the 5 sets. I tried it again today and was able to finish the 5 sets but I found it a lot harder in relative to the other exercises Should I de-load to dumbells, stay with the bar or just keep adding weight like recommended?
>>
Just squatted for the first time yesterday and I noticed my left lat was locking up on the third set.

I also was having shoulder and elbow pain from simply grabbing it in proper back squat form.

Is this normal? Is it simply because my lats are weak and my shoulder and elbow are unused to the position? Does it get better?
>>
i have shit mobility, what is easier to perform correctly: low bar or high bar squat?
>>
>>41505060
>>41505233
sucks to be aussie huh? :^) pureflow are supposedly nice but I personally never had them so I dunno what to tell you. Asics I only had for muh streetwear not for actual running, friend of mine swears that piranha 5 are superb but he only sprints, not sure how they fare for longer distances.
>>
Stalled on my current program, interested in starting one based around Bench, Squat, Deadlift and OHP all on different days, any recommendations for a program? Lifting for hypertrophy, if that makes a difference
>>
So life prevented me from doing push day both times this week and I have pull tomorrow, then legs then rest, then first push of the new week.

Should I do 1/2 pull tomorrow, 1/2 push? just say fuck it for push this week and do better next? Just do Push Pull, Legs, Push and call today the rest day?

Plz help.
>>
>>41504291
>allow your body to recover
Thanks, you're right. Now that I think about it, I was kind of doing too much shit for not having gone to a gym in a while.
>>
I tried to do SS a few months ago, but my form is fucked, I think I couldn't perform any exercise correctly, and I ended up fucking my back a little bit (I already have scoliosis, but I was hurting for a while after a few weeks of doing everything terribly in the gym)

Should I do any other kind of exercise to correct my form before attempting the gym again? For example, I can't really squat well without weights, so imagine how bad i do it with them.
>>
Is it ok to put my arms between the legs during dl if my back isn't stretched enough to do otherwise?
>>
Given that you bench less weight with dumbbells vs barbells, does that mean you're not working the pecs as hard, and therefore making slower progress?
>>
>>41506546
Not really, you just DB bench less because it’s harder, more stabilizing and emphasis on form and whatnot. If form is on point and you use respectable weight the difference is absolutely negligible. Some people claim that DB bench gave them slightly better gains even, because you can focus better on the stretch at the bottom.
>>
When do you go from beginner to intermediate in terms of fitness? Been doing a full-body three day routine for about 8 months and I'm thinking about transitioning into a upper-lower three day split
>>
>>41506499
Thats called a sumo deadlift, anon. Work on your flexibility. How high are you lifting the bar from? You gotta use proper plates to get the bar high enough, if you use little plates they are obviously not gonna rise the baseline enough.
>>
7month lifter, with 80BP/55OHP/135DL/122.5SQ. 76kg 6'2". Going to Japan for 3 weeks, may not have a gym at the hotels and less access to protein.
Suggestions for hotel room bodyweight routines? Also are my stats as DYEL as I think they are after 7 months? (Uni student so no sleep because study)
Posted late in the last one but got no reply.
>>
First of I did of course read the sticky.

I'm a 320lb lardass skinnyfat, whilst it is no excuse I did have metal work from compound fractures during my adolescence, these plates were causing hairline fractures regularly, they are gone, so has the pain, so now its time to make some fucking gains. I've been at the gym and I'm starting to feel some very minor progress, I had practically no muscles a few months ago, I'm also an addictive type, I'm channeling this into the gym and I think it will pay off eventually. Problem I'm facing is I don't know what the fuck I'm doing

Cardio - 20 minutes downhill 20 minutes uphill walking to and from the gym. On arrival I'll do 4.20km on bikes about 10 mins, sometimes twice this.

Weights. - First of all, I'm not using free weights I'm using machines at the moment, my physio instructed me not to use bench/squats until I strengthen up my back, part of the reason for getting fitter was due to constantly fucking my back up. I was given the following instruction from a physiotherapist, but it felt to fucking easy, I've started increasing the weights, the idea being if I can complete 3x12 its too easy and I move up, I've been doing 2x12+1x8-10 and intend to struggle on the last set. I'm currently doing the following, Leg Press 100kg, (70) Leg Curl 30kg, I hold the last rep (20) Chest press 40kg, (20) Low Row 40-50kg (30) High Pull 30kg, (30). The numbers in Brackets are the instructed weights. I'm not sure if what I'm doing is smart, the first visit I couldn't fully extend my arm due too cramps but that hasn't happened since, I aim to leave feeling jelly-like if that makes sense, staggered walking, light headed etc. Day off too rest some cramping not much pain, day after go again. I'm not really feeling much in the chest though, just the arms and pectorals and legs.

I looked at the SS routine in the sticky, problem is I can't do chin ups, being 145 - what do?
>>
>>41506666
mirin digits

you are officially intermediate when linear progression stops i.e. you struggle to up the weight from workout to workout even with 2 to 3 deloads and trying with however tiny microplates, and thus need to change to a program that has you adding weight weekly.

If not lifting for strength as priority and just for muh aesthetics this definition may be changed to whenever you feel you have serious lagging body parts that cannot be brought up to par with the novice program you are doing.
>>
File: 1494378623112.jpg (172KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494378623112.jpg
172KB, 678x960px
What happened to Tinytrip?
>>
File: 1492641525972.jpg (47KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1492641525972.jpg
47KB, 500x352px
Need to replace all heavy back and front squats because of an injury (pic absolutely related), I plan on doing a lighter squat variation (usually goblet with a kettlebell), leg curl, leg extension (only safe ROM cause muh knees), glute ham raise and hamstring curls instead.

Question: too much ham/too little quad and (direct) glute volume? My hammies are lacking anyway but I do want to keep things balanced, I will do this approach for the next nine to eleven months so ending up with hamstrings the size of Rhode Island but no butt or quads would ruin what little lower body aesthetics I claim to have, kek

Note: no DLs to factor into this because of an unrelated old injury, fuck I am a cripple tbH
>>
First time going to gym ,after 2 sessions (days) I feel sore almost everywhere but my weak left arm is so bad that I cant even straighten it. Its so stiff that I am worrying if am I that stupid that got injured after second day.

Should I just wait for it to heal 100% and then go back to working out? I literally cant straighten it without much effort and pain.
>>
>>41506927
died in a freak accident trying to summon his parents with voodoo magic
>>
>>41506995
I'd say go to the gym and try lifting. If you can't do it just don't.
>>
>>41506995
Your muscles will loosen up when you warm up.
>>
>>41506852
I see, well I recently increased a lot of lifts so I guess I'll wait some more before changing it up, thanks man
>>
>>41506691
Just take a pullup with you or use a door. Do Pullups and Pushups and get one of your buddies to piggy back you and do some squats or good mornings or just say fuck it and don't lift. 3 weeks won't make you lose your gains.
>>
Former fatty here; did the recovery process for anyone else involve getting TOO skinny and then building back up to a healthy middle weight or am I the only one? How do you determine what kind of figure (lean/bulky) would look best on you?
>>
Tried dumbbell OHP yesterday, could barely lift a little more than half the weight I do with a barbell.

wtf?
>>
>>41507228
I always make sure to keep at least 5 pullups in my pocket at all times. Really helped my gains.
>>
>>41507246
yeah dumbbells are harder u dumb ass.

every single lift you do will be harder with dumbbells.
>>
Im after some knee sleeves to keep my knees warm, my knees arent very good and compound that with really chilli winters and i start developing knee problems even if im not squatting.

if im after some knee sleeves do i get something like a rehbands knee sleeve or some cheaper 15buck pair shipped (for an extra 6buck) or do i buy some shitty nike one for roughly the same price except i dont have to ship it all the way from the states to new zealand.

(this will just be for keeping my knees warm during the day, i wont be wearing them when i squat cos raw all day mane)
>>
>>41507219
tbH try not to get too autistic about it (I personally know a guy who progresses with 1lb plates just so he can still add weight lol), but as long as you make strength noob gains, milk em.
Not to say you cannot LP on an upper lower split too but I have no input on that because I never did (in the way that is implied here).
>>
>>41507237
I unironically developed severe anorexia and became skelly while cutting down from 280lbs. The ride never ends.
>>
Okay a quick question on pull ups.
I can't do one rep currently and my question is what's the fastest way to doing reps.
Just negatives, weigthed negatives or weigther negatives progresively adding more weigth?
Thanks, also any pull up training tips are thanked.
>>
>>41507370
just for warmth? any should do the trick, rehbands still GOAT but not worth the hassle in this case
>>
>>41507458
ehhh i might as well buy something locally then

http://sportsgear.www.rebelsport.co.nz/search?lbc=rebelsportnz&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=549770581&w=knee%20sleeve&view=list
any reccomendations?
>>
>>41507495
None really. Whichever of the pro combat ones fits the length you think you’ll need.
>>
>>41507593
alright thanks
>>41507448
id probably do both lat pulldowns and assisted pullups where you increase the weight on the pulldowns and cut the weight on the assist
>>
>>41507625
I can't do assisted thoygh so wheigthed pulldowns increasing weigth?
>>
>>41507625
Anytime m8. If strictly for warmth get closed patella btw, difference is marginal but there.
>>
My shoulder/arm flexibility for when it comes to the low-bar squat needs some work. Any good stretches?
>>
>>41507679
yeah i was about to ask about open/closed patella
>>41507660
id do all grips wide grip/supinated/pronated close grip etc working in the 8-10 rep range
and yea and try to increase weight time to time, but try not to do it with retarded form ie swinging around everywhere
>>
I've started my second week of SL5x5 and in my first workout, I had trouble with OHP with just the bar, couldn't finish the 5 sets. I tried it again today and was able to finish the 5 sets but I found it a lot harder in relative to the other exercises Should I de-load to dumbells, stay with the bar or just keep adding weight like recommended?
>>
How to fix dry scalp? It's not shampoo, and it's not hot showers, because I've tried no shampoo and I've tried cold showers. Is not drinking enough water the likely culprit?
>>
I'm losing the enjoyment of lifting after close to 2 years. Would switching to a twice weekly session with more exercises and volume help?
>>
>>41507957

Hard water area?
>>
Anybody got a good mobility routine? I reached a point where phrak’s from the sticky doesn’t cut it anymore for my goals but all others I found (shoutout to tsatsouline’s stretching book) are a bit too much volume wise and basically workouts on their own at some point, that’s cool but ruins my time schedule.
>>
>>41492977
Is there any point of deloading to a very small amount of weight. Say I start of on the bench press machine doing 70kg, is it beneficial to work till I cant even do 5kg? Or is it just pointless after a while?
>>
File: 20170520_190911.jpg (266KB, 749x893px) Image search: [Google]
20170520_190911.jpg
266KB, 749x893px
Can I do anything to fix the gap between my abs?
>>
File: SKruJBF.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
SKruJBF.png
31KB, 481x584px
Should skinny fat bulk at 1kg a month and then have a 3 month cut at 2kg a month after a year?

Will bulking at 1kg a month as a beginner equate to it all being muscle or is it still going to be a 50/50 split with fats?

Anyone used this routine?
>>
>>41509764
Mobility is a meme. Do your weight warmups light and full range of motion and with reps, work down to single rep warmups over 3-5 sets before your working set. That is literally all the pre-workout "mobility" you need.

Post-workout, stretching, attached is GOAT routine, takes 10 minutes.
>>
>>41510005
cut to abs, bulk til they go away. use to scale to control kcals you want to lose 1-2lbs a week max unless you're a huge fatass, and you want to gain at max 1-2lbs a week, adjust kcals +/-10% on weekly basis based on loss/gain/goals.
weight will always be a mix of fat and muscle, slower gain and not gaining too much and training is how you slightly bias towards muscle gain (and reverse for fat loss)

>>41509810
no. who cares? with abs you're light-years ahead of 99.9% of guys, you people are like bitches worrying about optimal areolae size when guys are just happy to see boobies.

>>41509795
pointless. 1-2 backoff sets is fine

>>41505902
do lyle's generic bulk routine, check his forum thread on it, you can work in the big four barbell lifts with it, it is designed for hypertrophy

>>41505819
most people find high bar more natural

>>41505758
yes it gets better. stretches, the routine posted above ITT, also shoulder dislocates or overhead squats (working from snatch to clean grip over time) will help flexibility

>>41505667
follow the program's recommendations
>>
So i dont have anything to do chinups or pullups on, is there someway i can substitute them?
>>
>>41510494
>>>41509795 (You)
>pointless. 1-2 backoff sets is fine
Thank you.
>>
how shit is my routine
sorry for autism

gym: 3-5 days a week, depends if im free
>rippetoes starting strength
work out abs/pecs when im not doing rss

off days: nothing

1500-2000 cal a day
>>
im starting out
how much should i lift?
>>
>>41507957
use head and shoulders shampoo
>>
>>41510596
bent barbell rows, overhand and underhand. dbs rows on a bench if you have to. pullovers.
>>
>>41510596
Just get one of those bars you put in a door, they're extremely cheap.
>>
File: unnamed.png (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
44KB, 300x300px
Is this a good app to track my steps?
>>
Are chicken thighs good for bulking?
>>
>diddlylifts
>no pain: good form
>pain in sides of lower back: bad form
>pain in middle of lower back / some: go to the fucking hospital right now
is this correct?
>>
>>41511707
>some
spine
fucking phoneposters reee
>>
>>41510334
Nigga I need muh mobility drills for climbing and martial arts thats why I asked lol. But thanks for the reply nonetheless, someone else might profit from it.
>>
what fruits should i be eating a lot of?
>>
>>41510334
>4 minutes on the floor
>5 stretches in that part of the routine
REEEEE
>>
>>41510005
>Will bulking at 1kg a month as a beginner equate to it all being muscle
:-)
>>
>>41507965
stimulants
>>
I've never been a gym goer much, but have found a gym that is very convenient and cheap. I'm going to go and have a look at it to see if it's any good. When is the best times to go to and what should I look for to see if it's any good?
>>
>>41512477
Go when IFYS, and look for free weights and other stronk people
>>
>>41512486
>IFYS
What?

Free weights and look at the sort of clientel that are there. Anything else?
>>
>>41512508
IFYS: It Fits Your Schedule

Also if it's very convenient and cheap, its better than not going.
>>
>>41512531
It's on my way to and from work. So I could stop on the way in/out. On a weekend, it would be about 10minutes on the bike to get there.

I guess so. If I get into a routine with it, going early/late when it's quieter.
>>
>>41512561
As long as you go, thats better than nothing. Remember that. Good luck.
>>
Question about DOMS, guys.

So I started lifting in January. I was a complete dyel. Of course, I got some DOMS the first two weeks but then they started to become more sporadic.

However, one month ago I started to slowly get out of the dyel zone and I'm pushing myself to the limit every time. Now I get DOMS that last for 48 hours basically everyday.

Does this mean that I'm actually going to grow some muscle? Or maybe I am not exercising correctly? My DOMS is not super serious, just normal soreness. Doesn't really feel like the kind that could lead me to injury.
>>
is taking protein supplements (aka whey and other heavy protein intake from food etc) since day 1 worth it? is your body able to fully utilize all that if you're a long time without any exercise?
>>
>>41512622
yes
>>
>>41512613
Not eating/sleeping enough. Now that you've entered a new area of strength your body requires more food/rest to recover and you probably haven't increased those things
>>
>>41512652
This actually makes sense. I am in a low calorie diet but I have literally no idea if I'm getting the nutrients I need. I just eat less of everything.
>>
>>41512600
Thanks. I'll try my best. I'm not going to make claims about how good I will be, but as long as I'm doing something and slowly moving up in weights, it's good.
>>
>>41512671
>sticky
>>
Is it better to create a program or choose an already made one?

Also, how healthy should I be on a bulk?
>>
>>41493522
nothing. eat it raw, faggot.
>>
>>41492977
Where can I order a good weightlifting belt? I know about bestbelts but they are really expensive and shipping will take ages b/c I am in EU. I need a 3'' belt.
>>
What are some good techniques to make myself eat more? Alternatively, what are some meals that I can prepare on the weekends that will last me through the week? 3k-3.5k kcal diet.
>>
How to choose aesthetic glasses?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (425KB, 3000x2010px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
425KB, 3000x2010px
Is there an upper body version of the 20-squats (squats and milk) routine? I did one a while ago and was very happy with results (pic semi related). Strength and aesthetic gains in core and legs.

That got me thinking . . . Would an upper body equivalent work? Is there an upper body lift that uses so much of the body in the way a squat does? If so what is it, OHP? Chins?
>>
how did you guys break up with your gf/bf after you stopped being fat and they didn't want to go along with you on your weight loss?
>>
>>41514649
Here's my two cents.

If your GF has been good and faithful and now you just want to dump her to upgrade because you look better, don't do it. That's nigger-tier thinking.

If your GF is a gains goblin or is dragging you down that's a different situation and you've got two options.
A. If it's a few specific things, you can talk to her about it and giver her an ultimatum. I've done this before with a girl who gave me shit about calorie counting. "This is part of who I am and it's something I do that makes me feel good and helps me be my best self. When you harass me about it it's like you're telling me not to be all I can be and that's no something that has any place in a relationship." In other words, if she can fix the problem tell it to her straight and give her a chance to fix it.
B. If she's just a mess beyond repair or you tried talking about it and it didn't work, just cut her loose. Man up and tell her, in person, I don't think this is working out and we should break up.

Good luck. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>41514734
gains goblin in the sense she is an emotional and financial drain. I endlessly have to hear about her shitty family life. I really don't ever see myself having a kid with her and having >them as an influencing factor in my future son/daughters life.
>>
>>41514762
I feel you. Don't dump a girl JUST for her family. She's her own person, and you can teach your kids not to get grandma's bad habits (I deal with that with my wife and kids).

But if she personally is a mess, and it sounds like she is, either do a heart-to-heart and give her a chance to fix specific things or man up and pull the plug.

My rule of thumb is, if there's three specific things you can measure, give her a chance to fix it (like, go to the gym, stop whining about X, and get a job), if more than that cut her loose.
>>
>>41514762
if you want kids and she ain't gonna be their momma, ditch her.
>>
File: surferpepe.jpg (120KB, 1024x959px) Image search: [Google]
surferpepe.jpg
120KB, 1024x959px
whats a good sport to take up for both social and fitness benefits but cant get injured because i wont be able to pay rent. i was a scrawny not sporty kid in school and want to ammend what in my eyes was one of my regrets
>>
I'm a female and I went from a size 16 to a size 6. Still have more to lose but I also want to work on my butt. I had a nice bubble butt when I was chunky and now it's like deflated. How can I get it sculpted and sexy? Squats? Anything else?
>>
How do I make my lats grow? I've been doing facepuls, straight arm cable pulldowns, and close grip lat pull downs, but progress has been slow. Is this normal or am I missing something?
>>
>>41514992
Golf or bowling
>>
>>41514992
>>41515009
Agree with golf especially if you have money to spend and want a higher class of social circle. If you have problems paying the rent then it might not be for you. I was executive in an insurance company and not giving a fuck about golf honestly held me back.
Bowling is seen as lower-class so depending on what you in particular mean by "social benefits" then it might or might not be what you're looking for.
Depending on where you live, tennis, adult softball, frisbee golf, may have leagues organized by your local YMCA or similar. Some cities like KCMO have "indoor beach volleyball" leagues.
Less athletic but still sports, and very social, look for a gun club. Trap, skeet.
If you do something really athletic, consider doing weight training on the side for improvement. Starting Strength or BiggerStrongerFaster programs.

>>41515002
Pullups and Chinups. Do negatives if you can't do more than a handful of full reps. Also underhanded bent barbell rows.
>>
File: 20170520_224601-1.jpg (2MB, 2042x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170520_224601-1.jpg
2MB, 2042x2448px
I'm 6'0 and used to weigh 110 lbs until I started going to the gym and doing GOMAD. I'm now about 145 and my body still looks like trash. I want to achieve ottermode. What should my goal weight be? What should my diet look like? Exercises/routines? I just want my body to look nice with a shirt off already
>>
File: woes.png (259KB, 414x697px) Image search: [Google]
woes.png
259KB, 414x697px
What is the most effective way to break a weight loss plateau?

It's driving me nuts, nothing seems to work. Also, will i regret cutting too many calories out? i should be eating around 2700kcal a day, but i'm howering around 1000kcal, sometimes less.
>>
>>41516439
Intermediate Fasting.

Not a meme, I was stuck at ~225lbs for weeks, did IF, I'm currently ~217lbs and not slowing down.
>>
>>41515303
>falling for gomad

do SS while you're at it
>>
>>41516439
eating less will hurt you in the long run
you're not even eating enough to fuel your bmr at that point
your body is smart and will learn to adapt to having less calories. It may seem counterintuitive but try eating more for a week or two then go back to cutting
>>
I'm doing SS and my OHP has been stuck for weeks. I've only been able to hit 115lbs maximum and I've deloaded that fucker twice now. Should I do 3x10 shoulder presses at the end of my workouts that I do OHP? Something else maybe?
>>
>>41515002
thumbless grip for some of your pulling and rowing, add dropsets if you dare
>>
>>41516796
try submaximal loading
>>
>>41515303
>started going to the gym
good start, now try staying there and lifting some heavy shit
>>
>>41514997
barbell hip thrusts bb

also RDLs
>>
>>41516766
>Intermediate Fasting.
I'll give it a shot
>>41516793
Damn, it worked so well in the beginning though.

Thanks for the advice guys
>>
>>41516806
How does submaximal loading work?
>>
I've completely plateaued on a lower carb diet while consistently staying at -500cals from my maintenance.

I was noticing consistent and fat loss all around my body up until about a month ago. Now ive got lean arms and upper chest but my stomach looks like im clinically obese. any ideas on how to break past this?
>>
Hello my dudes, my gf has backpain and is asking me for some back exercises, what can i teach her that also works out the ass?
she is skellymode btw
>>
New thread

>>41518000
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.