[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "exercise helps remove depression" just a meme ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: adfssdipoweip9w.jpg (94KB, 1136x637px) Image search: [Google]
adfssdipoweip9w.jpg
94KB, 1136x637px
Is "exercise helps remove depression" just a meme ?
>>
no.
>>
It helped give me some purpose, before I felt weak and didn't do much, now I keep busy in the gym and don't have time to feel depressed or bored.
>>
>>41491630
No. It doesn't remove depression but it makes a massive difference. In my opinion you should look for a sport that speaks to your heart, for me it's powerlifting, for you it could be bodybuilding or running or swimming, who knows. But exercise and the whole structured lifestyle of someone who works out makes huge differences in depression levels
>>
at least temporarily. be careful though, it can be addicting, and now i become depressed on rest days
>>
exercise (and associated weight loss) cured my depression
>>
>>41491630
Temporary for me. While lifting and shortly after I'll feel ok

Then uh, not so good.
>>
>>41491630
No. Most chemical inbalances come from shitty sedentary lifestyles. That your body telling you to stop stagnating and find some fucking propose. You'll notice that MOST people with this problem are obese, balding, terrible looking people. This is because they've done nothing else their entire life. They go to the doc and get pills for shit they could fix just by putting some effort into living.

Not to say there aren't some people with permanently crossed wires it there that exercise won't help, but for 90% of all humans, it does.
>>
It's a complete meme. I get even more depressed than usual when I exercise.
>>
>>41491630
no but be prepared for further hurdles when people think youre cool , and cute, and try to make you do all these things way out of your comfort zone so you have hella anxiety .

but that one hour in the gym you feel like a god.
>>
>>41491630

Exercise will make you happi/er/, there is absolutely no doubt about that. You can read about all the studies and articles of chemicals and shit that goes through your body.

But it is a single action, amongst a myriad of many other actions that an individual can take to get on with their life. Life isn't about being static. You never get anywhere being holed up in a single place.

"Stuck between a rock and a hard place". How appropriate of an idiom. No one ever uttered this phrase because they wanted to be stuck. People naturally want to move and get on with their life to a better place.

So really, exercise in and of itself is sufficient to make oneself to be happy. But ultimately, it is the dangling carrot which someone can let lead them to new action and prosperity.
>>
>>41491630
Anything you do consistently that isn't bad for you is going to be beneficial against depression. The important thing is to keep yourself busy, do stuff.
>>
>>41493190
Seconded. Generally my depression's been replaced with anxiety nowadays except for the hour I'm lifting.
>>
>>41493387
glad someone agrees. for real, if i knew it was gonna be this hard I'd quit but I actually love my lifts. I now have bread winning 10s coming after me and I make nothing working construction.

I'm sociable and can flirt, even try to smash all day but as soon as I know a girl is into me that has a good career, is beautiful, and has her shit together I crumble. Can't even count the amount of times i've had to excuse myself to go vomit my gains away.
>>
It brings confidence
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.