[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONLY upper body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

They say you can only put on a limited amount of lean mass every year of training. For a beginner, between 12-20 lbs of muscle is possible

Does that mean 12-20lbs/ body parts worked?

So if I ignore exercising my legs, will I gain all that mass in my upper body? I'd much rather skip adding 5lbs to my legs and throw them on my chest, shoulders, and arms.

Inb4 somebody tries to convince me to do leg day, thats not what I'm asking.
>>
No, you fucking faggot.

Potential muscle gain isn't a resource you drain each year.
The rate of muscle growth is limited by how fast you can recover, ultimately. Think of it that way.
>>
According to the study cited in this quora answer, the extra testosterone and hormones from training legs is just a meme, levels are only elevated for 15 min and had no effect on other muscle growth

https://www.quora.com/When-you-train-your-legs-too-will-you-grow-faster-and-better-in-your-upper-body
>>
>>41489857

the ss fags think doing their shit routine will get them an aesthetic body when in reality they will become trexes
>>
http://>>41489857
Scoobysworkshop.com/squat-myths/

Scooby dooby seems to agree with this, squatting doesnt do anything for the rest of your body
>>
>>41489981
i dont think anyone thinks that. its fucking called starting strength. as in to build a strength base.
>>
>>41490042

nah some of them do
>>
>>41490049
>projecting this hard

also OP you're retarded. your body doesn't work like some video game where you get a certain amount of points to allocate. if you don't train all your muscles the "maximum lean mass you can put on" is lower. it's per muscle
>>
>>41489805
Yes, because your body has less to recover from. The increase however would not be substantial imo
>>
>>41490049
>People that can't read don't progress.
I don't see your problem.
>>
>>41490042
They all do. Basically all of them.
And strength base is stupid fucking bullshit.
You can build a strength base doing a basic weightlifting workout or intermediate calisthenics.

>>41489805
Uh...yeah. Your body honestly can not produce enough test to maintain a shitload of muscle, and if all of your muscle is in your legs and thighs...well.
>>
>>41490040
>squatting doesnt do anything for the rest of your body

can you imagine being THIS much of a retard?
>>
>>41489805
thats an average gained in a year, if you're eating enough it wont matter
>>
>>41489981
Spotted the longisquama.

trex is beautiful. Your useless frills are only for show (and are disgusting to look at)
>>
>>41493171
The question isn't about how much mass you gain. The question is where the mass is going.

The lie was pushed that squatting will give you bigger arms and is still being pushed across the net.
The problem is that basically every stupid as fuck newb lifter believed that bullshit and now there are a bunch of huge legged wide cored tiny armed chubby dudes running around screaming about squat are ur a puzzy or have or are on their way to snapping their shit up forever.
>>
>>41493210
the mass goes to wherever you train if you eat. there is such thing as a balanced routine
>>
>>41493270
Yes.
ANYWAY.

>>41489805
That is correct. If you want the most mass on your upper body then work on your upper body and do just enough for your legs so that they are fairly strong and endurant. Wasting a single ounce of your test on getting bigger thighs is fucking retarded. Unless you're...gay..nothing wrong with that.
Then you do you man. Big gams are awesome bruh.
>>
I put on 12 pounds in 4 months training for a 5k
>>
File: BillClinton-deaths-door-700x350.jpg (45KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
BillClinton-deaths-door-700x350.jpg
45KB, 700x350px
>tfw no 20 lbs triceps
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.