[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get huge legs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20100505_190641_fl.jpg (81KB, 408x450px) Image search: [Google]
20100505_190641_fl.jpg
81KB, 408x450px
I have a health condition that makes all my blood pool in my legs when i'm upright. If I have more muscle overall the blood will be pushed to my brain, but legs are the most important. Is a routine where I work 2/3 days legs retarded? I just want my life back :(
>>
deadlifts and squats, brother. deadlifts and squats...
>>
>>41475377
literally SS
>>
>>41475574
Can I add leg extensions and leg press to that?
>>
>>41475709
you really dont need to. get your squat up to 4pl8 and youll have big legs. simple as that

cycle for cardio if you want
>>
>>41475728
Okay I have also been lifting a year, don't know if that changes the progression, but I am weak anyways..
>>
>>41475743
stats? what have you been doing for a year that didnt grow your legs
>>
>>41475377

Don't do cardio. If you do cardio, make it a simple 2 mi(~3.5 km) walk.

>>41475560
This is correct but if you're a complete newbie, use leg press, calf machine, and other shit until failure. Controlling the weight and doing the exercise to failure is key.

You do the rep in a (all caps) controlled manner and go back to starting (all caps) slow. Don't be like the schmucks at the gym who try to silently boast to others by doing reps at a fast pace. Because they're idiots coasting on momentum and gravity when it should be their fucking muscles doing the work.

Does caffeine and/or other vasoconstrictors help with your condition or is the pathology something that goes around that/
>>
>>41475756

5"3 100pounds

Squat 66 pounds 3x10
Deadlift 88 Pounds 1x5

My legs have grown and are way stronger then when I started because I had 3 years of severe atrophy, I am just wanting to focus more on them now I guess.
>>
>>41475772
Coffee gives me anxiety, I was on a real good vasoconstrictor for 2 years that helped but it started messing with my kidneys just on cbd oil now.
>>
>>41475828
is the atrophy part of your condition and will it prevent future gains or can you get stronger like a normal person? if you can progress normally I would suggest SS then move on to some intermediate program

also, out of interest, did your doctor tell you to grow your legs? Id image large legs would cause more blood to go to them leading to more pooling
>>
>>41475851

Try mixing L-Theanine with your coffee. It's somewhat of a longshot but it should dampen the anxiety a bit (at least). Experiment with different amounts of L-Theanine.

It's worth a shot imo.
>>
>>41475994
CONT.

or try getting a script of propranolol and see how it works.

From somewhere online: "...causes BOTH bronchoconstriction and reflex peripheral vasoconstriction."

Be careful though. 20 mgs doesn't feel like much to me. But my friend took one before a job interview and it hit him in the middle, turning him into a zombie. Everyone has a (somewhat) unique biochemistry.
>>
>>41475988
Nah the atrophy is just from being bed/wheelchair ridden for 2-3 years. I should be able to gain like a normal person. Doctor recommends I cycle/row and do weights. She said the muscles pushes the blood up when I walk so I have more blood in my head and feel less tired.
>>
>>41476020
Tried it already, just made me depressed and 20x worse :(
>>
Well it only seems normal that your legs would be so weak after being bedridden for so long. It's really nothing to be worriee about you are just held back a bit. My advice is to keep doing SS and eat a small caloric surplus for a bit (200-300) and make sure to get your protons (1g proton/bodyweight+). Keep doing SS until you get stronger and hit 2pl8 or something then just switch off to an intermediate program.

Wish you luck homie.
>>
>>41476309
Will do thanks for your help.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.