[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is water fast the flat earth of /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
Is water fast the flat earth of /fit/?
>>
>>41471827
Not the flat earth of /fit/ but of those DYELs, newfags and dumbasses knowing nothing about nutrition
>>
when people thought the earth was flat = calorie deficit

when people learned that it's not = fasting
>>
File: GohanFutureSSINV.png (97KB, 150x287px) Image search: [Google]
GohanFutureSSINV.png
97KB, 150x287px
>>41471827
It's the Donald Trump / alt-right movement of /fit/

aka objectively correct and backed by ample scientific evidence and research but actively being suppressed by a few vocal idiots who have been brainwashed to believe that the sticky = absolute complete truth to the exclusion of everything else
>>
>>41471842
this
>>
File: dhMeAzK.gif (2MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
dhMeAzK.gif
2MB, 357x296px
>>41471842
>>
>>41471887
Indeed.

The best thing about water fasting is that you can try it. It`s very easy to try, so very very easy.

I`ll report on my progress in a few weeks.
>>
File: 1491054955599.png (209KB, 642x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491054955599.png
209KB, 642x499px
>>41471887
>tfw you fast so hard your body absorbs one of your arms for nutrients
>>
how the fuck did this shit become a thing on /fit/
literally everybody who knows their shit will tell you that any extreme ultra-low calorie diet will fuck your shit up, and eating absolutely nothing is the most extreme diet possible.
you'll fuck over your energy, you'll be tired and unmotivated, you'll likely lose a lot of lean body mass along with the fat you want to cut, and you'll be generally miserable. and you're likely to gain back all the weight you shed on the fast due to reduced post fast metabolism.
>>
>>41472597
FASTING
IS
NOT
A
DIET
>>
>>41471842
whats the difference? does gasting mean you eat 2k calories but like just in the morning? where as deficit is eating 1.5k?
>>
>>41471827
Fuck off with this meme already
This is not fasting, this is S T A R V I N G
It's just the newest bro science trend just the way veganism was 2-3 years ago
Literally:
>ayy lmao let's not eat and put body and metabolism into extreme emergency mode so we lose le weight xdd
>start burning bodyfat rapidly
>become spooky scary skelly
>metabolism completely fucked
>organs are fucked
>no proper eating habits
>after the fast fat storage rates will be through the roof because starvation
>you'll probably start eating like shit again and return to where you started

Oh and almost forgot:
>it might fucking kill you if you mess up

Just develop a proper knowledge about diet and exercise. Every human being should. If you ignore your body you most definetly don't deserve it and should end yourself
>>
>>41472734
>after the fast fat storage rates will be through the roof because starvation

mom please get out
>>
>>41472787
>implying i'm false
>>
>>41472734
No,fasting is burning excess stored body fat.
Starving is reaching a point where bodyfat is almost nonexistant and you start burning muscle for fuel.
>>
>>41472823
"Starvation is a severe deficiency in caloric energy intake needed to maintain an organism's life. It is the most extreme form of malnutrition. In humans, prolonged starvation can cause permanent organ damage and eventually, death."
Literally 10 second google search
Fasting entails maybe hour long periods of not eating to enable caloric restriction
But water fasting is literally NOT EATING AT ALL
Meaning you don't ingest any calories and are therefore STARVING
Only difference here is that you start eating again when you've reached your desired weight, but that's only a cosmetic change to the same process
This is crazy bullshit
Proper nutrition > everything
>>
>>41472787
starvation mode is a real thing you sperg
it has gotten a bad name because delusional fatties will use it as an excuse to not cut without having a clue about it or ever entering it. that doesn't change that it exists. hell, even the sticky (along with every other piece of decent nutrition advice) warns about it.

starvation mode happens when you drastically cut your calorie intake to levels where your body is forced to heavily rely on its own energy storage - your body reacts to that by trying to reduce your BMR, and it does this by going catabolic on your lean body mass.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.