[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 30

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
My little brother maxed out on the dumbbells for his dumbbell deadlift at his community college's crappy gym (no barbells, mostly machines). He still has a few more months before he joins me in the Fall at my university gym that actually has barbells. Should I have him increase the reps or sets until then? Maybe have him do straight leg dumbbell deadlifts or leg curls afterwards?
>>
My joints pop and make weird fucking sounds when I lift shit up. They act normal when I pull shit. What do?
>>
>>41470151
That'd be an option.
You could also go another route and have him do glute bridges and good mornings since he's probably too weak in those areas to max out he'll get some new gains. Could keep deadlifting if he wants.
>>
Should I eat my proteins only on lifting days or on rest days, too?
>>
I was doing leg raises while I had a loaded bar in bench position because I saw Badr Hari do it.

Does the weight matter? I had two plates on there at first but then I went back later and just had a plate.

And it felt really fucking awesome and easy. But is it an actual legitimate exercise or is the weight unneeded? Ie, would I get the same benefits as no weight as I would with weight?
>>
>>41470178
Oh I'm still going to have him deadlift, I'm just not sure if we should have him increase reps or sets. Maybe have him "greyskull" it and make him work towards 10 reps and then add a new set for each 10 he gets. I'm going down to see him this friday so I'm going to see if they have a roman chair there for back extensions. Glute bridges could work if they don't have a roman chair though.
>>
>>41470189
Rest days too. Your body is build muscle while you rest.
>>
>start doing cardio even more regularly, finishing off lifting days with some
>nudging caloric intake down as well
>cut suddenly feels like it stalls

What the shit?
>>
>>41470247
>finishing off lifting days with some as well as doing them on rest days*
>>
>>41470247
>>cut suddenly feels like it stalls
What? Do you mean your lifts feel like they're stalling because of your cut?
>>
if you can only have abs at low bf% why dont skinny people have any?
>>
>>41470265
Among other things, lack of muscle mass. Abs definition shows better with a combination of mass and low BF%.
>>
What is the laziest form of cardio, but which also is effective?
>>
File: 20170517_082310.jpg (220KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_082310.jpg
220KB, 768x1024px
Why are my forearms bent, it looks weird as fuck.
>>
>>41470297
Recline bicycle
>>
>>41470297

>laziest

Jogging

>most effective

Swimming
>>
>>41470297
bike riding or sprint intervals
>>
>>41470222
Glute bridges are where it's at. Get him to do those and the roman chair.

Just those two alone would raise his deadlift. Plus you can load him up with more dumbells.

But yeah, it's a shitty situation with the dbs and deads though. Nobody really wants to do a huge amount of reps on that. You can make him and it'd work, but it would fucking suck for him.

Besides the sldl and rdl, you could try one legged deadlift as well. Which is perfect for dbs.
>>
>>41470280
But how does that work because alot of muscular guys dont work abs at all
>>
>>41470354
>doing squats, deadlifts, OHP
>thinking your core is doing nothing to keep your body from collapsing under the weight
please tell me you're new
>>
>>41470337
>Plus you can load him up with more dumbells.
LOL, just had the mental image to strap him up with some burlap sacks to his arms and fill them with more dumbbells each time.

But seriously though, thanks for the tips. Just 2-3 more months and I can get him out of there and into a real gym.
>>
>>41470151
What program should i do? I want to go for hypertrophy but also focus on lifts. I am currently starting off on nsuns.
>>
>>41470394
Are you just starting lifting? If not, then do 5/3/1.
>>
>>41470400
well i been lifting for a bit. But my numbers arent all that high. still go for 531? is 531 "aestethics"/hypertrophy? Or will i end up looking like a fat powerlifter.
>>
What's a good brand for protein powder?
Also how do I improve my ohp?
>>
>>41470394
Do SL 5x5 for about 6 months until you can actually lift, then do PHUL or an intermediate PPL. Also, READ THE FUCKING STICKY!
>>
>>41470456
It's an intermediate program for hypertrophy and strength. You get aesthetics by cutting after building muscle mass. If you haven't been lifting for at least 4-6 months with a good strength program, it won't do you much good. Do SS/SL first, then look for a good hypertrophy program. You won't turn into a fatty power lifter if you don't eat like a fatty power lifter.
>>
>>41470462
>Also how do I improve my ohp?
Keep doing OHP. Increasing your bench numbers will help also your OHP numbers.
>>
Are there any /fit/ cooks I should read or watch?
>>
How to stop being a pussy and start lifting heavier weights?
Right now it feels heavy for me, but I feel like everyone is laughing behind my back.
>>
>>41470731
Focus on your own damn program, no one gives a shit.
Do NOT sacrifice technique for bigger numbers. Do your work.

Once in a while throw a max set, or 90% for a double.
>>
>>41470462
Myprotein
>>
>>41470742
>Do NOT sacrifice technique for bigger numbers. Do your work.
Thank you.
>Once in a while throw a max set, or 90% for a double.
What does this mean?
>>
>>41470731
Lift. Condition yourself to the fear through repeated exposure. You'll get used to it.

t. psychologist
>>
>>41470759
>psychologist
Regular or couch psychologist?
>>
>>41470758
Means that if you feel like you still have decent energy after your work sets you can try to test out your 1 rep PR, or 2-3 rep PR with 90% or 1 rep max weight.
>>
>>41470742
>>41470759
This brings me to >>41470176
>>
>>41470176
Make sure your technique is on point, take glucosamine.
>>
>41470767
Regular. We don't really even use couches, it makes patient communication too impersonal.
>>
newfag here
I'm looking to get a set of dumbbells for home. What are some things that I should watch out for? What weight should I get?
>>
>>41470991
get a gym membership instead. you cant make progress if you lift the same weight
>>
I'm doing an intermittent fast where I wake up at 10pm and eat around 8-9am. Then go to sleep at 2pm (so 1 meal a day). I got some BCAAs a while back and what is the best way to take them? Right now I take them around 3am when I'm fasting. I read that is a good time to take them, but idk if that counts as food or if it's on the same level as black coffee/water. Secondly, is it better to take them intraworkout or during a fast like I currently am?
>>
>>41471083
Eating anything that total comes up to under 10 calories during the non-eating phase is fine and doesn't count against your fast.
>>
In order to cut down, do you mix strenght and cardio or do you leave cardio for rest days?
>>
File: IMG_5997.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5997.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>41470151
>>41470151
>>41470151

Osgood-Schlatter

anybody dealt with this? its given me quite a bit of trouble recently although i have squatted for over a year without any trouble.

i had OS by age 10ish and since it has hardly been a problem but its started to hurt me again

wat do
>>
Currently cutting, If I eat enough protein in a day (150g or so) but I spend 1 - 2 hours on a bike presumably burning a decent amount of calories, do I need to eat more protein or can I just consume an extra 500 or so calories of anything I want?
>>
Im currently running a PPL split but my bench is fucking pathetic (80kg x 5 or 175lb x 5) in comparison to my other lifts.

Im really keen on getting it up to 100kg (225lbs) and was wondering if you guys think i should stay doing ppl or switch to a routine with a more frequency?

Any tips would be appreciated
>>
>>41470151

What are the best excercises to build size on hamstrings? My legs are pretty big and the front and sides are defined, but I pretty much have no hamstrings and it looks shit.

Also, /fit/ approved discord channels
>>
Doing an attempt at keto and trying to make it, I thought the keto flu was supposed to make you tired, not feel really sick. Also, all my shits are on fire, is that a side effect? Let's say I was allergic to eggs, is eating them every breakfast safe to stay in keto?
>>
I have pretty bad gyno. Like even after losing 20 lbs I still have tits that are proportionally the same. How do I effectively lose that fat?

Also any hypertension fags in here? What type of cardio do you do?
>>
Should i squat on days i deadlift?
>>
Would lifting twice a week with increased volume (say 4x15) be a good way to progress whilst cutting down my lifting days?
>>
>>41471451
>wat do
post butt
>>
>can tell I'm losing fat
>gaining muscle
>weight doesn't budge one way or the other

I'm just stuck here hovering at 6' 255 for the last 4 months
>>
How do you know it's time to move to an intermediate program? Been on SS for about 6 months and my lifts have stalled and I dont think I can lift any heavier.
>>
My traps are huge and my OHP is roughly just over half my bench. Should I OHP just once a fortnight if I lift twice a week to allow my chest to catch up?
>>
can I do planks everyday?
>>
>>41470247
drink more water. count your calories meticulously. if you don't already have a scale, get one.
>>
Shoulder hypermobility / throwing question: I was throwing a baseball with friends yesterday and shoulder was killing me after. I think this is a problem with my throwing form. At the same time I'm trying to do a SL 5x5 program to leave the skellybro life behind. Will OHP help combating my shoulder hypermobility? If so, should I avoid playing catch until I can OHP a certain weight?
>>
>>41472535
When you cannot recover from Monday's workout in time to advance on Wednesday's. This is individual for each lift, for example you may need intermediate programming for squat but not bench.

>>41472570
yes

>>41472285
4x15 is terrible for strength and low frequency is terrible for hypertrophy. pick one or the other

>>41472151
If you're a novice it's fine. Don't do your own programming.

>>41471874
Strength isn't the primary goal of PPL. If strength is your goal, you're on the wrong program.
>>
I'm finishing up on SS- squats and deads are still progressing pretty linearly, but my presses (especially OHP) are starting to stall. I've already deloaded OHP and bench once. Is there some sort of way I can do intermediate programming for my presses but still get the linear progression for squats and deads? It doesn't help I'm a lanklet
>>
>>41472491

In which case your bf% should drop. Another good indication is your waist:hip ratio, it gives a better indication than weight or bmi alone. If anything you should be pleased- you're in the dream zone of losing fat and gaining muscle simultaneously, it'll get shitty when you can't do that and have to decide whether to cut to lose more fat, or bulk to break a plateau
>>
>>41471950

RDLs/SLDL/DL- basically deadlift variations are pretty good. Squats work, as do isometric work like nordics (nice to do at the end of a workout)
>>
>>41472929
Yes
do intermediate programming for your presses and novice for your squat/dead, I fail to see your confusion
>>
>>41470176
You're probably weak all around and your stabilizing muscles just can't do what they are supposed to do
I had similar issues in the beginning too, as I got stronger they just disappeared
You should probably be careful though, and make sure you don't break form to lift weights
>>
The more I lift weights the weaker I get. Why this?
>>
>>41473081
Eat more, count your calories, sleep more
Don't overtrain
Track both your calories and results

I'd bet money you are not doing most of these things.
>>
>>41473045

As in just run like 5/3/1 or similar for OHP and bench on their respective days? What would be an ideal intermediate routine for them?
>>
Will a plant based diet help with my acne (or whatever is wrong with my skin)? I know some people say it's just your hormones bro. Well if that's the case then won't changing my diet change my hormones?
>>
Good beginner routine for a sis? The ones listed in the sticky might not be suitable for a total newbie.
>>
>>41473200
Yes, they are.
>>
>>41472929

I have the same problem. Deload for OHP worked, but progress is slow. Just ordered some microplates today. I think volume is the key to get bench up, which routine is best?
>>
>>41473222

also, if I add db bench press, which weight should I choose? I'm at 57.5kg Bench Press x5, soo 25 - 30kg DBs per hand? Is there a significant difference?
>>
Do you feel snap city instantly? I'm dyel and was deadlifts get lmao2pl8 but I rushed my form because I was an idiot and felt odd and kinda bouncy. I'm a bit worried I am a resident of snap city without even knowing it.
>>
>>41473239
DB is a wee bit harder because stabilizing and such, common recommendation is to use 85% of BB bench press weight and work your way up to a comfy working weight.
>>
It feels like I'm being electrocuted in my inner right elbow during OHP. Anything I can do to fix this? Its only during OHP.
>>
I got a bag of serious mass, mass gainer. Will a scoop blend well in the shaker or do I need to blend it?
>>
At what weight can I expect the double overhand to start failing?
>>
Hey I train at the gym 5xWeek

3 days I follow a basic strenght routine + accesories
2 days I do accesory stuff for climbing, core, conditioning and supplement lifts.

Thing is I've been hitting bis + tris (3x8-10) everyday now (with different exercises) and I don't know if this is the correct way to approach arm hypertrophy, muscles don't really feel sore.

what do you think?
>>
What's a good muscle mass %?

I used a body tracker today that told me I have 39 kg of my 75 kg bodyweight as muscle.

That's 52%. (I have 7.5% bodyfat)

Good or bad?

Or useless without more context?
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (352KB, 220x170px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
352KB, 220x170px
>>41474571
>I have 7.5% bodyfat
>>
>>41474649

That's what the tracker told me. I've always been really really skinny and only recently went into "normal" BMI after working out a lot.
>>
>>41474696
pic. now.
>>
Im down to 150 lbs bc i stopped eating much im 6'0 im gonna start lifting calculators say my bmr is 1700 is 2200 calories enough to start without getting too fat for no reason
>>
>>41474734

Here.

My legs are also skinny AF so keep that in mind.

Was the tracker way off?
>>
>>41474890
not same anon but those ain't 7.5 in any way or form. not saying you're fat or anything, but nooooooooooope
>>
>>41474915

I'm actually very happy to hear that. What would you assess my bf% to be?
>>
I do an upper-lower split as ULxULxx, can I train biceps on all of my workout days to specifically bring them up as they're lagging, or just stick to them on upper days?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 194x260px
How do I reverse scapular winging?
>>
>>41470176
Don't worry about it, I get them too. Its literally called "joint noise" and as long as there is no pain it doesnt mean anything.
>>
How do I begin going to the gym

Should I go alone or get a pal

Do I need a trainer

how do I get enough calories and protein

Can I get beyond ottermode with calisthenics

Am I gay
>>
>eat two meals a day
>8 hours apart from eachother

is this considered IF?

I just have breakfast, and dinner, usually around 700 calories each
>>
>>41475063
read the sticky
>>
>>41475063
>How do I begin going to the gym
By getting your ass to the gym

>Should I go alone or get a pal
It's easier to get your ass to the gym if you have an external motivator but it's fine without anyone else

>Do I need a trainer
No

>how do I get enough calories and protein
Eat shit with enough calories and protein

>Can I get beyond ottermode with calisthenics
Never done calisthenics so I have no fucking clue

>Am I gay
Probably
>>
How do I stop thinking everyone is judging me when at the gym? I tried going in the local gym at my uni yesterday but when I opened the door everyone stared at me so I panicked and ran away.
Please help, I can't live like this anymore
>>
>>41475063
>How do I begin going to the gym
you just go
>Should I go alone or get a pal
pal surely helps, but not needed
>Do I need a trainer
for initial form checks if you're a bloody noob yes
>how do I get enough calories and protein
eat enough calories and protein
>Can I get beyond ottermode with calisthenics
technically yes of course. will take you AGES though for the good stuff. still good for mobility and shit
>Am I gay
absolutely
>>
>>41475164
They are judging you. When people say "haha, everyone's just there for their workout, nobody notices you", it's a complete lie.
>>
255 lbs DL for 3 reps

How's my form? I was told my hips are too high.
>>
day 2 of calorie counting. do the cravings go away? do they get easier?
>>
>>41475185
This, everyone is judging everyone.
>>
>>41475263
How many pl8s is that?
>>
>>41475412
Two 45s
One 10
One 5

One each side
>>
>>41475263
Hips could be just slightly lower, but the main problem is you never get your lats tight and actually set your back.

Watch this video of me pulling 405 when I was fatter (skip to 20 seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz9ldRsV9Q0

You can see me actively pull my lats tight and my shoulder blades slide down toward my ass.

Here's a slightly faster version of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsncYO0GOG0

Watch Mike's video on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
>>
>>41475536
LUNK ALARM
>>
>>41475536
This helps a lot. Thanks.
>>
>>41470297
Treadmill walking on an incline.

>>41471950
What >>41472966 said, but also Good Mornings.

>>41472093
Diagnosed by a doc, or self-diagnosed? My bet is that it's just your fucking imagination. Can you see your abs but still have bitch tits? If not, you're just fat. Post titties.
HT people do the same cardio any other beginner would do. Start small and easy, build up gently. See my response above about lazy cardio.

>>41472570
Why the fuck would you want to? You know that when you're doing Pushups, it's a plank that moves? Why not do a minute of Pushups and rest in the plank position when you're tired, instead of holding a plank for a minute?

>>41472752
Check your throwing form first. Rows will help, as will Pull-Ups. Also YTWL shoulder exercises.

>>41472929
Press always stalls first. Switch it to intermediate programming or microload it and keep the stuff that hasn't stalled on SS.
>>41473122
The first suggestion in PP for press is to try and progress at 3x3 instead of 3x5. You can also switch it to TM and do 5x5 one press session and then 1x5 the next press session. Wendler's shit sucks, avoid it.

>>41473222
PP has multiple versions of Texas Method in it, many of them bench heavy twice a week and press once, one of the 4-day split versions both benches and ohps heavy twice a week. Try one of those.

>>41473803
IDK that brand but I never had problems with the shaker.

>>41473990
No way to tell. Way back when, I started mixed around 2pl8. Nowadays, I do DOH to warmups around 280ish and do mixed for small sets and strap up for 5x5 deads, I don't test 1RM but pulled 360 for 5 mixed grip about a week and a half ago.

>>41474033
Small muscles recover quickly. If you're progressing still, keep doing it. Bis/tris 3x8-10 after a full workout is a good approach for them.

>>41475031
Rows, Pull-Ups.

>>41475063
To ask the question is to know the answer, faggot.

>>41475391
Yes, it does get easier.
>>
Embarassed by it, but;
Losing weight, 1500kcal/lots of cardio - planning on looking androgynous at the end, how do I encourage that rather than being a manly man?
>>
>>41474993
biceps can be hit every 24 hrs. smaller muscles recover faster.
>>41475089
if you dont eat or consume large amount of calories for 12-18 hours you are on some form of IF.
>>41475164
they will look at you because they are bored between sets but they dont care.
>>41475824
genetics. if you have broad shoulders and wide hips and hair you will never look androgynous.
>>
>>41475898
Used to get mistaken for a girl all the time ~18yo, but jacking it every day and getting fat made me lose that. Just wondering if there's a way to back to my old ways.
>>
File: Do it right.jpg (9KB, 429x271px) Image search: [Google]
Do it right.jpg
9KB, 429x271px
>>41475824
You should be embarrassed. kys faggot.
>>
>>41475923
if you were mistaken for it in the past then yea losing weight will make you look like that again. not sure why you want guys accidentally grabbing your butt but whatever.
>>
My Bench press and Ohp are stalled.
I havent felt my pecs even once during bench, same goes for delts sith Ohp. Everything's in the arms. All other lifts are progressing normally and do what theyre supposed to do.
Do I have press autism?
>>
>>41476080
Are you doing any accessory work on the triceps?
>>
SS for girls?

I know girls can run it but are there any differences in the progression scheme for girls than guys?

Also, the SL app is free but the SS is a jew, so is there any reason not to have my gf do SL instead of SS?
>>
>>41476080
Do isolation exercises for chest and delts then. I don't usually do this, since I have decent activation now, but try doing high reps low weight, focusing solely on activating the specific muscle with an isolation exercise, until it's pumped, and then hit the compound lift, and see if that helps.
>>
>>41476102
Put her on the Strong Curves program.
>>
>>41476102
SS is the better beginner program since it gives you space to add accessories.
With SL by the time you're done with all your warm ups and main lifts you'll have no energy to be doing anything besides maybe a few curls or skullcrushers.

I'd personally recommend SS since I started on SL myself and didn't really like it all that much
>>
File: hack sqyat.jpg (149KB, 750x687px) Image search: [Google]
hack sqyat.jpg
149KB, 750x687px
Are hack squat machines worth using? I went heavy today and got insane pump and fatigue in my legs. Anyone have any success with this?
>>
>>41476102
Nope, same progression scheme.
If she's not training for a sport, no good reason not to do SL. The Power Cleans are there because SS is a beginner's athletic strength program.
>>
Do bodybuilders ever get boners on stage? They're just wearing that thong, so I imagine it'd be visible if they did.
>>
When I do weighted crunches my lower back gets sore and I feel nothing with my abdomen.

How do I lift with my abs and not my back?
>>
>>41476097
No. Ive just been doing the standard SS stuff.
I guess I'll throw in some bench dips then if thats where the problem is at. Thanks.
>>41476120
Alright I'll try that, thanks for the advice.
>>
I've been doing SL 5x5 for nearly two months now and I'm finally unable to add weight to my squat every workout. It's at 205lbs, I'm 176 and 5'10. Should I start adding 5lbs every week or start looking into another regimen? If not, when should I move to another regimen? (In particular I'm thinking Texas Method)
>>
>>41476187
Never have I come across a question less deserving of its own thread. Well done.
>>
>>41476280
You should follow the SL program.

>Deload if you fail to get five reps on every set for three workouts in a row. Lower the weight by 10% on that exercise next workout. Then add weight every workout again.
>>
>>41475777
Doctor. I also have an emt friend who used to check my bpm every day. It got to 177/120. Dropped all the bad shit i was doing. Lost 25 lbs. Felt great. My bpm was still high, but way better. I'm basically doing the same now because I gained 15 back. I'm 185 wanna get to 170. Heart problems run in my family so I don't wanna kill it. I like living.

One of my goals is to run a 5k. Also hold up for that pic. I am pretty fucking chubby.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-17-19-54-19.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-17-19-54-19.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>41475777
>>
>>41473308

Yes, if you're feeling discomfort after excercising apply RICE and next time do some foam rolling.

Are you in pain now? which area? Is it stinging, burning or general soreness?
>>
>>41476492
dem dere high res manboobs, this is both revolting and arousing
>>
>>41470151
1) Is it better to have a morning smoothie before or after a morning workout?

2) What are some good exercises to stretch the torso? I think sitting down for too long coupled with emphasising OHPs in my routine has genuinely pushed down my torso. Halp.

Thank you
>>
LAfags

whats a good actual gym in the Inglewood/Hawthorne area
>>
>>41476848
I've had em since 4th grade.
>>
Are there any websites that lay out programs for beginners at specific weight/height as well easy to follow food guides?

I swear i will follow that shit...

I've been working out at home for 3 months with limited equipment and i just feel like a hungry dyel skeleton at 150 and 5'8
>>
File: 2849250643_3cd213c254.jpg (87KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
2849250643_3cd213c254.jpg
87KB, 369x500px
hi /fit/

when im in my bulk, my chest has a pretty normal shape, but when I start to get lean, the fat all over my chest decreases except for around my nipples

been to the doctor, its not gyno

what do?
>>
Just how effective is bulgarian method?
>>
>>41476946
>>
>>41476946
the best website I know of is called read(dot)the(dot)fucking(slash)sticky(dot)faggot
>>
>>41477015
dp greg nuckols adapted bulgarian its good for natty
>>
File: Anatomy-of-hip.jpg (94KB, 712x508px) Image search: [Google]
Anatomy-of-hip.jpg
94KB, 712x508px
hey /fit/

so I just started Reg Park's 5x5 and I'm doing squats

I looked at the proper form to do them and I seem to do them pretty spot on ( I watch myself in the mirror).

I do these things called butterfly stretches along with other stretches before I squat

recently I tried squatting again this week and when I went down I noticed the red circle on pic related hurt a lot. I re-racked the bar and went down without anything and it hurts kinda, black circle hurts too but not as much.

wtf am I doing wrong? nothing else hurts so I can't imagine it's form. I do the butterfly stretches like crazy so idk what it can be.

any ideas?
thanks
>>
>>41477132

common problem, afaik, forgot the exact name/treatment of it

but stop doing butterfly stretches and start doing 90 degree hip stretches instead
>>
>>41476865
1. I do protein shakes before workout as it gives me energy while not lagging me down with a heavy meal.

2. jump up to pull up bar and just hang. twist your body a little too but the hang will make you feel good in the way I think you are looking for.
>>
File: euaXYD6.jpg (114KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
euaXYD6.jpg
114KB, 768x1152px
>>41477151
Thanks, doing both in the morning
>>
>>41477187
Got any other questions? Really i just want to see more of your fap folder.
>>
>>41470151
I am extremely fucking sore. What can i do?
If rhabdo is 10 i am in fucking 8 right now
>>
>>41477232
gota be more specific. where is pain? what did you do today for workout?
>>
>>41477243
Nothing special, just general soreness in chest and back. Today was day 2 of Greyskull LP and i worked without care for the fact that i was already sore. I haven't worked out in years, that's why
>>
I had a scan done on me, I have 79kg of muscle mass and 4.2kg of bone weight, is this good stats or poor?
>>
>>41477142
well do you at least kinda remember what it is?

yeah will do those stretches
>>
>>41470151
whats max out, if its 120lb like most gyms then just focus on the movement.
>>
>>41477288
its just doms. you will be fine.
>>
>>41476492
You're that big at 185?
>doubt.jpg
Also nice scar.
>>
File: IMG_4203.jpg (44KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4203.jpg
44KB, 480x552px
>>41470151
How worried should I be about the sugar in orange juice (especially since my body doesn't handle sugar well)
>>
>>41477325
Anyone?
>>
>>41474959
Somewhere in the teens, hard to tell for sure that quality blows
>>
>>41477461
>orange juice
It's basically a sugar bomb
>>
>>41477524
Fuck it tastes so good.
Should I cut it out?
>>
When I do some freeweight exercises like OHP, I feel a tingling sensation in what I think are the nerves of my left and right sides once my arms reach fully up. Should I be concerned about this?
>>
>>41477546
Fuck yes you should. Take Vitamin supplements instead.
>>
>>41476492
>>41476434
You a midget? B/c 185 and that fat.

Lose the weight, will help the BP, so will cardio. Basically just watch kcals and weight, the IIFYM diet, weigh daily, make diet changes based on a 5- or 7-day average weight. You want to lose probably 2lbs a week for a while, then go to 1-2lbs a week.

Weight loss will probably reduce the fat on your tits. When you can see abs, if you've still got tits, then get rediagnosed.

Look for the c25k "couch to 5k" program if you like, but really it's pretty simple, too, just takes discipline. Go out and run, daily. The first day, just go FIVE MINUTES away from home and turn around and come back. That is TEN MINUTES TOTAL. It won't be a "run" it'll be a trot or a jog or jogging and walking but whatever. Do it again the next day.

Every 2-3 runs, do NOT try to speed up, just go out ONE MORE MINUTE before you turn around and come back. So go 10 minutes total (5+5), 10, 12, 12, 14, 14, and by the end of a month you'll be doing 30 minutes: 15 out and 15 back. At that point, stop adding time and finally start trying to go faster/farther before turning around at 15 minutes.
>>
the lower your bpm is the better your heart is right?
>>
>>41476202
You are straining your hip flexors and not curling your spine for the abs. That's why your back hurts. Do the cable thing for the abs, looks like fucking mohammedans praying, google it.

Also do this flexor stretch the last one in pic related, it is the GOAT flex routine.

>>41476187
They do, but nobody sees it because their shit is all shrunk from the drugs.
>>
File: 20170517_214956.png (2MB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_214956.png
2MB, 810x1440px
I've been bulking for a bit and now I think Im getting fat. If I cut will I have any muscle mass or will I look really small? How do I keep strength while cutting? I'm close to 2 plate bench and I don't want to become weaker.

>5 ' 10 171 lbs
Bench 190 lbs
Ohp 125 lbs
Dead lift 225 lbs
Don't squat
>>
>>41477686
What's Stonehenge doing around your nipple?
>>
>>41477735
My nip hair curls
Can you answer my question now sempai
>>
>>41477865
>171lbs
>Don't Squat
>Cares about strength

No hope for you (n)eighbor
>>
File: Screenshot_20170517-213033.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170517-213033.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>41477946
Thanks for the so helpful reply.
I don't squat because I'm not stupid enough to increase weight and fuck something up when my form is terrible. I rather hit my upper body goals then work on squat. At least answer my own questions desu

Here's a pic of my dyel back
>>
>>41478070
That's some really good nignog logic.Squatting too hard to do and learn so just focus(forget) about it and bench. How are black people this lazy and dumb; its 2017 read a book.
Go back to llledit if u want help and people to give you praise. Won't matter tho, you'll be either still dyel or not lifting in a year anyways.
>>
I'm 24 and male pattern baldness has reared it's head.
Sitting here with my trimmer contemplating buzing it all off because I'm not gonna be that cuck that tries to hold onto his hair when it's going.

Any reason I shouldn't just do this at home vs having some bitch do it for 12 bucks?
>>
>>41478147
It's nig nog logic yet I read the entire ss book and know that basics of how to squat? It's a hard lift and i rather not sit here and up the weight till I learn how to use hip drive properly. You're being a little bitch for no reason, I simply ask questions about cutting not about my program you faggot. All I do is bench? I posted the other big three and I also can row my body weight so how about you fuck off because >Hurrr squats for life or die .

I never once visited reddit in my life. Been here since tiny trip you jew
>>
>>41478197
If you know how to cut hair do it it yourself. If not seek out a barber.
>>
>>41478231
I don't but it's literally just "i want it all gone" so I figured I might as well save the money.
>>
>>41478248
I mean youtube is enough to easily learn how to do it. Can't be that hard, so go for it.
>>
>>41478215
Been here since tinytrip and you cant bench 2 plate and deadlift 225. Wow bro, really good progress.

Holy shit i died laughing.
>>
>>41478197
You have the right attitude- better to say fuck it and own up to a shaved head than look like some ex-professor holding onto his 20s.
>>
>>41478369
I just started lifting 8 months ago
Back then I was a fatty and I only came for memes. But keep sucking dick you little bitch. You're trying to make fun of me on a Korean BBQ competition forum, so wow so cool
>>
Should I try to get gains after a day of manual labour? It would require me to eat 4300 calories. You think it'd work?
>>
Should i be doing push ups and sit ups every day, along with my chest,legs,back,arms routine?
>>
What is the name of the autistic guy who is fat as fuck with huge man-boobs who has a video of why he does not want to get in shape and become a broguy or some shit?
>>
http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
This shit isn't accurate. Are there any alternative calculators that are more accurate?
No fucking way in hell I am at 26% body fat. Not with this gut!
>>
PSMF+training 6 times a week+TRT = fat loss or will I crash and burn?
>>
I was able to do 42 pushups in a set. But somehow, someway, my max always goes down by 7. I don't want to weightlift but, whats going on with my max? I can't relax with a day or two off or my max always goes down
>>
What should I be doing?
New lifter- around 3 months in.

OHP: 110
Bench: 205
Squat: 275
Diddly: 405

I'm 6' 3" 215 pounds.
>>
>>41473570
It's your shoulder. Likely some swelling pressing on nerves.
>>
File: 71nKUSrSk-L._SL1058_.jpg (116KB, 972x1058px) Image search: [Google]
71nKUSrSk-L._SL1058_.jpg
116KB, 972x1058px
Do these actually help your forearms?
>>
I've been cutting for about 3 weeks on a 20% caloric reduction and I no longer feel hungry even though I am still eating the same or less calories as before. Do I need to start eating even less or is this normal?
>>
>>41470151

320lb fat fuck. I read the sticky.

I know I can't "convert the mass" I have to lose fat and gain protein but can I do this simultaneously, it somewhat alluded to it as I'm new that I can do both.
>>
Beginner here, ive read the sticky Ive got a question. I want to build muscle but no fat at the same time would a lean bulk work and how much do I know to eat so I dont get any fat?
>>
>>41471451
I have the same thing. Talk to a doctor, do some PT.
>>
>>41479645
Yeah you can. Even at a cutting calorie limit, you still ingest more calories than is normally necessary, so you'll gain some muscle.

t. 310 to 250
>>
>>41479690

Alright then so - Do I need to worry about protein intake at all at this stage?
>>
>>41479676
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
Excersice to not be such a manlet /fit/ i just turned 18 and i'm 5'7"
>>
>>41479753
Always go for 0.8-1g protein per lb lbm. I'd generally shoot for 150g protein a day as a general rule.
>>
>>41479228
Id go easy for the few weeks you du psmf.

>>41478613
You forgot shoulders in your Routine.

>>41479676
Just eat like 200kcal surplus

>>41479753
>>41479874
It doesnt hurt to eat more though as long as you eat enough fat/cares, See thermogenic effect
>>
>>41479543
A couple things to consider: You get stronger by myofibrillar hypertrophy, among other things, including your CNS being able to better recruit fibers.
But at 42 reps you aren't training to get those pathways of improvement to get better. You are only training muscular endurance. Anything over 15 is regarded as endurance. You aren't losing strength, you are fluctuating up and down with your endurance.
If you are interested in more strength, you need to make the pushups harder, and do between 5 and 15 reps per set. There are many ways to do this. First bring your hands down closer to your waist. When thats too easy elevate your feet, when thats too easy do them in between two chairs, then elevate feet again. You can wieght yourself with a weight vest or a backpack. An interesting thing if you are into bodyweight exercises is to google "pushup progressions", this will set you on the course to doing one armed pushups, (and you can even find ways to make them harder too).
If you want to build muscle it's 8-12 reps (some people go to 15) pure strength is 1-4 reps, strength and muscle 5-8. Anything higher you are only maintaining your strength, but mostly working on endurance.
Also consider that bodyweight fluctuate throughout the day and week, so if you can be 4 pound heavier or lighter just because of water/carbs/alcohol/hormones/ whatever, then at any given time you could actually be doing pushups that are 8 pounds heavier (sort of) then you were doing a few days ago. If you are sweating alot and you use up the sugar stores in your muscles, you could literally make pushups easier than if you sit around and do nothing for a few days, because your body is lighter.
>>
>>41479645
>>41479690

Yeah he is right, the less bodyfat you have, the harder it is to do. But fatasses do it all time.
>>
>>41479874
>lbm
>tfw when chugging protein shake to make up 1-1 grams to kg mass ratio at skinnyfat 40% body fat margin.

shiiiiiit
>>
What are some real simple couch potato to active and healthy routines? I'm not fat by any real means but I'm going off to basic training for Navy in 2 months or so and I want to get back into the groove of things so I can focus on other shit at basic.
Hows swimming?
>>
>>41480040
Couch to 5k? The US military training probably isn't that much different from the UK, and if not, endurance is what you want to focus solely on, and being able to pass the pushup/situp tests n shit.
>>
>>41480065
That's my main concern, but iirc I need to run a mile and a half in under 9 1/2 minutes for time sake
>>
Is yohimbine a meme?
>>
How much could I realistically hope to increase my bench by if I undertook Smolov Jr? I havent hit any plateau as of yet. currently can bench 175lbs for 6 reps.
>>
>>41480087
My best was 10:22, but luckily I only needed 10:30. I'd suggest browsing /r/running on reddit.

In the FAQ, there's a question pertaining to 'needing to be able to run (X) distance for military/police/whatev, and for if you have a few months, it states

>The more time you've got the better, but you can make significant improvements over several months. Run more, at least three times a week and preferably more. Most of your runs should be long slow runs at an easy pace, so you feel you can hold a conversation while you're running. Include one run a week of a set of 400m or 800m intervals at faster than your target pace, with rests between each interval. Include an occasional run at your goal pace to assess your performance.
>>
>>41480116
Neat, thanks lad
>>
So, low gravity can make your muscle density fuck up but you can simulate gravity in space by a rotating habitat.

What if you created a special space station for bodybuilders kept at 1.3g or 2g. So that even when you're not working out your muscles are working harder. Would that result in more muscle mass?
>>
Is my program bad?
AxBxCxx

A = chest, biceps, abs
B = back, triceps, abs
C = leg, shoulders, abs
>>
oats with water or milk
>>
>>41470151
-Which one of the four big lifts (OHP,DL,SQUAT,BP), is affected the least by BW and which the most, also by how much exactly?

-Is it normal to get really soor in the lowerback the days after a heavy dl day?
>>
>>41480781
If you are so advanced that you put so much intensity into each body part that you need to only do it once per week and recover for six days out of the week....then maybe not.
It's a bit of a weird configuration, as most people will do biceps/triceps and chest/back (opposites for balance), or Push (chest/triceps) then Pull (back/biceps to get extra work in for "free" biceps get hit by back work, then they get extra volume on the same day by isolation exercises for biceps, volume on same day= more hypertrophy) , but your way get can some tricep work in by doing benches on chest days, and get biceps work in by doing lat exercises/pull ups on back days. Still only getting legs, shoulders, chest, back one day a week seems suspect, especially when you are putting in so much ab work.
There are a lot of questions to be answered, if you were advanced, you prob wouldn't even be asking here.
Some people do that kind of workout just to maintain and maybe grow little while they focus of cardio or a sport.
Why are you doing it? What are your goals?
>>
>On a cut eating 1800 calories a day

>Accidentally ate 2100

Am I gonna lose all my gains
>>
>>41480802
You know the answer to that
>>
>>41480826
I am not advanced. I just want to be fit and have definitive muscles. I don't want to be huge. Though I can take some advice on another workout routine...
>>
>>41480849
for beginners, You can only do so much intensity per body part, so it is faster recovery. So you can hit each body part twice or 3 times a week. A "full body" workout 3 times a week is how a lot of people start. They usually start with a few compounds, then add isolation work (like curls) a little later. Some people grow on this for a long time.
Intermediates usually bro-split or do Push Pull Legs, PPLxPPx , regardless they are usually getting two workouts per body part per week.
Your workout isn't terrible, it will just take longer because if you aren't advanced you can definately stand to add more days per body part than just one. And you will progress faster.
>>
>>41480802

You eat them dry idiot.
>>
>>41480883
Thank you. So you are suggesting to increase the days?
>>
>>41480757
higher gravity would snap your joints up bc they weren't made for it
>but I can squat lmao5plaet without getting injured
thats just a few seconds with very controlled form once every x weeks and it actually IS a lot of stress on your body
>>
>>41480893
>are suggesting to increase the days?
Sort of, but only "days per body part" you can still do three days if you want, but just arrange it so you hit each body part at least twice per week, spread out over three workouts. Also you can just hit everything three times a week. (full body workout each time)
>>
File: 2088xdu.jpg (88KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2088xdu.jpg
88KB, 1600x1600px
>>41480819
>Is it normal to get really soor in the lowerback the days after a heavy dl day?
no
>>
>>41480833
+/- 500cal per day equals +/- 1lb per week (2kg per month)
this relation and 'sleep more' and 'smoking is bad' are the informations that are really missing in the sticky
>>
>>41480923
I meant sore, and I also did heavy squats, that day, forgot to mention, does that change anything?
>>
Two part question about Texas Method

Question 1. Are novice gains relative to a muscle group or to an individual? (26yo)

Question 2. Can you still make OHP & Bench progress on TM if your weights are still novice level?

I went on a lifting hiatus for 1.5 years and now my shit is all fucked up. Not sure best way to progress. On top of that I do shift work so I can't do a strict day on off routine.

bw75kg 5x3 kg
squat 120
dead 140 (5x1)
ohp 40
bench 70
>>
>>41480953

Yeah it's normal to get sore after working out muscles, if it stays sore beyond a reasonable recovery time or it becomes painful then you need to check your form
>>
>>41480953
when my lower body hurts pretty much exactly 24 hours after a workout for about another 24 hours it's either because I squatted with a round lower back, or I OHP'd with a hyperextended lower back or I locked out in the deadlift with a hyperextended back. It would probably hurt too if my lower back was rounded in the deadlift but that doesn't happen

btw what's heavy for you?
>>
So i used to take zma pills, but one night i swallowed one incorrectly and almost chocked, im not exaggerating.
Im curious if i split the pills and just swallow the powder raw, would it in any way negate the zma pills effect?
>>
File: image009.jpg (25KB, 225x477px) Image search: [Google]
image009.jpg
25KB, 225x477px
For about a week I felt pain in the inner thigh while squatting. After a couple of sets the pain seems to fade away, but it doesnt leave completely and always comes back. 2 rest days didnt help. Should I stop squatting until the pain goes away? What can I change it for in my full body workout if not for the sake of legs but for the sake of core and such?
And also, if I dont get enough sleep at night is it better to skip a session or go in and take it easy?
>>
>>41480953
Depends what you mean by sore. If its DOMs then its fine.
>>
>>41480959
Texas Method is an intermediate program. Unless youre underweight thoss lifts are beginner. Stick to beginner routine, noob.
>>
>>41480959
I don't really get question 1 but you can make a lot of gains at your age
best continue with ss or similar for ohp and bench and do tm for squat and deadlift, if they were intermediate (they aren't)
>but symmetricstrength says so
If you're a male btween 18 and 35 the fastest way to get to 1/2/3/4 is on ss or similar
>>
>>41480984
do your legs have the same length? stretch all the muscles down there, especially hip flexors. it seems like you need a better warmup? stopping is always bad, you could just reduce the weight and go easy. no, one night bad sleep is ok, again, reduce the weight if you don't feel good
>>
>>41481013
Where is the standard for novice/intermediate/advance etc.

Yeah I will do that then
>>
File: advanced.png (122KB, 819x457px) Image search: [Google]
advanced.png
122KB, 819x457px
>>41481032
>you're an intermediate if you can't progress from woutout to workout but from week to week
is what a fat texan strength coach says. thing is, you don't want to get fat so it might not be clear where the line is. from /fit/'s experience the line is at around 1/2/3/4 for reps. hit that and then you're an intermediate

pic related for advanced
>>
>>41481057
>1/2/3/4 for reps

How do you mean? The thing is my upper body can probably still make progress on a weekly basis, however I am always tiring my shit out on my squats.
>>
>>41480906
well then how about just a bit more g than youre used to, soemthing that your joints can take but to take your muscles for a ride
>>
>>41481092
60kg ohp, 100kg bench, 140 kg squat, 180 kg deadlift for ~5 reps
lust look at
>starting strength
>stronglifts 5x5
>reg park's beginner 5x5
>candito linear
>greyskull linear
and take a pen and paper and create something that makes sense to you and then go try and error until you hit those weights
>>
No money for gym, move around constantly, have dumbbells.

Is this a decent routine:

>everything 5X8-12
>ABxCDxx

>UPPER 1
DB Press
Lateral raises
DB Rows
Skull-crushers
Curls

>LOWER 1
Lunges (long step)
Front Squats
W. Crunches
SLSLDL

>UPPER 2
DB Shoulder Press
Flyes
DB Pullovers
Rear Delt Raises
Forearms curls

>LOWER 2
Lunges (short step)
Split squats
W. Crunches
SLSLDL

Also, is there any better exercise to hit my lower back than fucking SLSLDLs with just dumbbells?
>>
>>41481030
Thanks. I never measured my legs but I know for a fact that the bar is not completely horizontal during squats cause plates on one side (dont recall which) tend to move slightly. As for warm up I do 1 set (8-12 reps) with 10% weight, and 1 set with 50% weight. I dont stretch before squats because I think I read it leads to injury, but it seems I need to rethink all that.
>>
>>41481110
but if you increase g just a little bit, muscles will grow just a little bit as well and then stop growing further bc why would they, they have adapted to the higher stress
>>
>>41481151
no, thats just additional growing in rest times. besides that you keep lifting.

Compare these two peoples

Person 1 is a stupi earth borne

he trains at the maximum capacity and on rest times he just sits at a measly 1.3g

Person 2

he trains at the maximum capacity but on off times he endures 1.3 g

would that result in person 2 being less able to recover from excersise or would that result in him having overall more effort.
>>
>>41481144
>warmup
http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/warmups.html
>stretch
not before training but after or before sleep or in the morning best twice a day 3x60s but who has the time
>>
File: 1493400173891.jpg (68KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493400173891.jpg
68KB, 691x1024px
>>41481175
Kudos! Have a great day.
>>
File: supercompensationcycle.png (32KB, 470x214px) Image search: [Google]
supercompensationcycle.png
32KB, 470x214px
>>41481166
I'm not so sure anymore
person 2's workout is more stressful and therefore needs a longer time to recover but the supercompensation will be a bit bigger. so should train every 3 days while person 1 should train every 2 days for example (if both workouts are the same) and both should lead to the same results
>>
5'7 183 pounds will I actually look good when I cut? I've been training for 2 years eating ~180g of protein everyday and bulking
>>
>>41481218
you forgot to attach a picture
and you will always be a manlet
>>
>>41481215
yes but the ones in the space station are in space and therefore awesome. also they could easily get nasa to ship them growth hormone because MUH BONES
>>
>>41481232
dont have pics i just look like jason blaha
but im not really a manlet if that is average height here am I?
>>
File: manlet.jpg (216KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
216KB, 915x678px
>>41481259
why do I have to tell you this? it's just not fair, I'm not ready for these feels
>>
>>41481259
>average
girls aren't attracted to average guys
>>
>>41481288
If the only thing about you that's not average is your size I have bad news for you.
>>
How do I gain muscle without getting fat?
>>
>>41481346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
File: Cartoon18.jpg (219KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon18.jpg
219KB, 1500x1500px
>>41481303
>>
I got a fucked up left shoulder and knee from two seperate injuries. Doctor said something got torn, don't remember what because it was 5~ years ago. I can't lift nor can I go on jogs and there's no pools near me. What exercises can I do? My goal is to lose weight and build some muscle, not full on body builder.
>>
So over the summer I will only have access to

>adjustable dumbbells to 50kg
>pullup bar
>dip station

I normally do an upper/lower so will be fine for the upper days but need some suggestions for lower body days

was thinking of doing reverse lunges and dumbbell SLDL as my main movements but need another good hamstring exercise and another good quad exercise
>>
>>41481632
>I can't lift
>Doctor said something got torn
>it was 5~ years ago
well what is your doctor saying now?
>I can't lift
really? just try and best stay above 10 reps at first to keep the weight low
>can't lift
>can't run
>can't swim
>What exercises can I do?
none. if this is actually the case you're fucked
>My goal is to lose weight
eat less
>build some muscle
again, you're fucked
>not full on body builder
read the fucking sticky

I'm so bored
>>
>>41481656
50kg each or combined?

>lunges
>split squats

for isolation:
>hams: hanging leg curls
>glutes: single leg hip thrusts
>quads: heavy and short step lunges
>calves: single leg calf raises, for balance you can hold on to wall with finger tips
>>
>>41473157
It helps to be plant based, but you'll see better results if you drop masturbating, masturbation is one of the main reasons for hormone imbalances
>>
Is it a waste of time to lift if youre only doing cardio + eating at a deficit?
>>
I'm trying to train my sister and I want to make a calendar for workouts and routines but my handwriting sucks and I can't find a good website to make and print workout calenders, what does /fit/ recomend
>>
>>41480979
Worked up to a triple of 180kg with deadlift, and did a set of five with 120 kg for squats. That was on tuesday.
>>41480987
I'm pretty sure it's DOMS, but holy shit I've never really felt it this much.
>>
>>41481808
no

>>41481809
excel
>>
>>41481826
your deadlift is very strong compared to your squat
if the legs are too weak in a deadlift, the lower back takes over and does all the work. are you sure your back is straight?
>>
>>41481767
50kg each, 100kg plates and 2 handles

>>hams: hanging leg curls
>>glutes: single leg hip thrusts

nice, they're pretty good suggestions actually
>>
>>41481960
Well the deadlift was kind of a max attempt, so my back wasn't completely straight, but I'm pretty sure it was still reasonably straight. And yeah, I didn't go as heavy in squats cause I was already tired from doing those dl's. Maybe I should train my hams and glutes more?
>>
>>41477419
I know. I hate it. I've lost 5 lbs within the past week. All water weight I'm sure but it feels good to see.
>>
>>41481985
>50kg each, 100kg plates and 2 handles
Nice, you don't really need a gym with that much db weight, a pull-up bar and a bench.

Just be careful with the single leg hip thrusts - easy to get injured if you are using more weight than you can handle and rely on momentum. 3sec tempo works best in my experience.
>>
How much peanut butter should I eat daily if I'm trying to gain weight? Or is there a better readily available thing to eat
>>
>>41482221
>Saturated fats should never be more than a third of your fat intake.
>Completely cut out hydrogenated fats.
>Try not to eat more than about 1.5g of fat per kg of lean mass.

As long as you keep within those guidelines you're golden.
>>
Here's a pretty retarded question,
Do you count the bar or just the plates?
>>
>>41482221
I've eaten 100g peanut butter every single day for literally years at this point

one thing I would definitely recommend is making sure it doesn't have too much salt in it, if only for the reason I feel like shit if I eat too much salt

>>41482408
count both lad. Normal barbells are 20kg
>>
>>41481994
If your deadlift is a lot higher than your squat, why would you train hamstrings and glutes more?
>>
File: tfw perfect.jpg (218KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
tfw perfect.jpg
218KB, 520x638px
>>41482458
Thank god. I was looking at the bench press standards and thought I wasn't even making untrained. Now I realise that I am.
Novice level here I come!
>>
>>41477621
I'm just short. All of my fat is concentrated in my torso. My legs are fine. My arms are fine. My face is reletively skinny.

Yeah def want to start running or jogging again. Used to run five miles a day way back when. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>41479908
Thanks for not answering my question faggot
>>
>>41482521
cause my lower back maybe sis doing too much work, and thats why its so sore? idk mang
>>
I usually shit after coffee, whether it's breakfast, after lunch or at night.
Does this mean I'm shitting more that I would without drinking coffee? Meaning maybe some food isn't even being processed in my stomach.
I know this sounds retarded but I don't really know how to ask.
>>
>>41482738
in that case you need to learn how to keep a straight back.
focus on engaging your core, and don't try to arch your lower back.

i always used to get sore in my lower back after deadlifts, but when i focused on abdominal pressure and squeezing my core, I almost never got sore anymore.
>>
My lifts are atrocious except for my DL.
OHP: 100 3x5
Bench: 170 3x5
Squad: 230 3x5
DL: 390 1x5

190 lbs 6f, is this more likely to be a mechanics thing?
>>
I'm pretty sure I got tendinitis in my right arm from doing bad form bicep curls. Can I barbell bench anyway or should I wait until the pain is gone?
>>
>>41482820
How long lifting?
>>
>>41482853
If you feel it during bench, lay off.
Otherwise, go ahead.
>>
No sexual health thread so I'll ask here. I'm uncut and have slight penile curve and my skin is a bit tighter on one side. Will circumcision fix it because it seems like the skin is pulling dick to the side?
>>
Is there a three day routine that will get me thicc?
>>
File: 1475212982161.png (776KB, 1152x866px) Image search: [Google]
1475212982161.png
776KB, 1152x866px
Can anyone recommend a good yoga/meditation source?
>>
>>41482773
yeah i know how to do all that, guess I just went too heavy then... thanks for the help man
>>
File: 1492287369534.jpg (176KB, 750x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492287369534.jpg
176KB, 750x960px
>>41470151
If im skinny fat do i have to bulk up to have big arms or fat on my belly and legs is enough? It's all about just having more calories than you burn to build muscles right?
>>
How to place the angle of my feet during DL? Parallel or pointing out?
>>
>>41483277
try both, and see what works best for you.
>>
How much faith should I put in the lean body mass readings on a scale? Its saying that I am losing about .5lbs of lean mass for every 1lbs of weight lost. It sure as hell doesn't look like that in the mirror.
>>
>>41482964
Try getting some ointment and stretching the skin before making a decision like that. Is it painful?
>>
Should I buy a proper belt or squat shoes first? if belt, do I go lever, 1 prong or quick-release?
>>
Dyel here
Cant afford a gym membership just yet so i'm stuck with a set of adjustable dumbbells (max 24kg/53lb)
What can I do in the meantime until i can get a membership? Will be about 4 months.
right now im doing
A Rest B rest
where A =
curls 12x5
deltoid raises 5x3
Bent-Over Triceps Extensions 5x3
and B =
Curls 12x5
Dumbbell flys 8x5

Am I getting everything possible? I doubt there's anything I can do for my legs with such low weight is there?
>>
>>41470247
If you're sure you're stalling and not miscounting calories, try eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks and then hop back on
>>
>>41483601
Lots of push ups.
>>
Be on EC stack (3 doses 24mg E and 200mg C) and doing keto for about a month. For a couple days I've been feeling extremely tired and basically unable to complete a workout. Should I drop either at this point?
>>
>>41483653
Add in some carbs a little at a time, mostly right before workouts, see if that helps.

>>41483601
db lunges, db deadlifts, db single-leg deadlifts,db cleans and then front squats with dbs, goblet squats, step-ups with dbs in your hands, that's some lower ideas
db floor press, db overhead press, db bentover rows, db single-arm rows, db french press, db pullovers, db upright rows, that's some additional ideas for upper
every other day, workout. do overhead db press and db floor press and db pullovers, then and only then do some isolation shit with the dbs, 2-3 max of your choice, then pick 1-2 lower moves to do

>>41483515
none. go by the mirror.
>>
I've been doing SS for about two months now. However, I still haven't learned to do power cleans yet. When I was at college, I had access to knowledgeable trainers for free, but I didn't master it before the end of the term and now I'm home for the summer. It costs $35 a session for trainers at the county gym. Should I just replace the cleans with barbell rows at this point? I don't play any sports, and I'm tentatively planning to move to BBB after finishing SS, which has barbell rows anyway. But then otoh Rippetoe insists in the book that they're not to replace the power clean.

Also, I just added chin-ups as an accessory exercise. I was only able to do two reps each for my first day (I'm starting out weak). How quickly can I expect these to increase?
>>
Hey /fit/, I'm a weak fuck. I wanted to do something about it. I decided to do the onehundredpushups thing. This shit: http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

So I did my initial test. Tested barely into category 3, but the first day already seemed impossible, so I used the 2nd category exercises instead. Day 1 went fine. I couldn't properly finish day 2 though. What if my rate of improvement can't keep up with the exercise plan?

I also did the 200situps and squats ones. Those are fine, but the push ups are not.
>>
>>41484123
Thats a shit program. But as long as you are making progress, you are making progress. Dont expect a cookie cutter plan to know what rate you should progress.
>>
My deadlift form is, according to the people at the gym, incredibly shit. I have problems synchronizing the entire movement when doing it and apparently never keep my back curved enough.

Any tips on how to train it? I can only do so much looking at youtube vids.
>>
>>41484150
But clearly some people can progress at that rate. So what's wrong with me?
>>
should I take creatine as preworkout only or also take 5g on rest days?
>>
>>41483572
bumping this, can anyone weigh in
>>
I am on my way to lose weight and get fit. Been going to the gym for about 3 months now and did really good progress alternating cardio and lifting days.
I have a problem with the treadmill though. I can do 40 mins eliptical at almost max resistance burning 700+ calories, I can do 20 km cycling but I can't jog for more than 15 min. I burn 300 calories max on the treadmill.
So my question is, should I just stick to eliptical and cycling given that I am much better at it, or is getting good at running a must ?
>>
There's a big debate over whether you should internally or externally rotation your shoulders when doing any kind of OHP, even benching (elbows in/flared), but what about when doing barbell rows?
>>
>>41485116
Do you want to be a good treadmill runner, or do you want to burn calories to lose weight and get better cardio health? If the latter, you're fine with the elliptical and bike.

>>41484086
Look for the Cal Strength videos on YouTube where Glenn Pendlay shows learning progressions for all the Olympic lifts. There is a 3-4 part series on the cleans. But ultimately if you don't like the cleans, just do the rows.
No idea how fast you can progress. But if you can only do a few, do 3-5 negative reps (jumping up to position, then lowering slowly) after the reps until you're doing at least 5 real ones per set.
>>
Can you still lose weight from just drinking water and coffee
>>
File: 1485380709407.jpg (1MB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1485380709407.jpg
1MB, 1280x1912px
>>41470151
is protein powder a meme? should you still take it if you're trying to cut? and can anyone recommend a brand to me?
>>
>>41485335
No
IIFYM, but not ideal
Optimum Nutrition
>>
Squatting hurts my knees. What can I do instead so my butt looks good and I have thicc thighs?
>>
>>41486134
hey :)
>>
>>41470151
I got a pack that weighs 45 pounds. This morning, i spent twenty minutes wearing it. I climbed up and down the stairs while doing curls.

At first, I curled 20 pounds, but i had to go down to ten after a while. Rate my workout
>>
>>41486783
oh, the goal. I want to pick up a woman and bang her against the wall. so, bodyfat reduction and "functional strength"
>>
>>41486783
>>41486907
Faggot/10
>>
>>41487032
also, i'm from /k/, so rucking is not optional
>>
>>41479545
what are you doing right now?
>>
>>41487504
Masturbating to trannies. Why do you ask?
>>
>>41486134
when have you started squatting? I am asking because I had a similiar problem when I started lifting, a tendon would snap over my knee every time I squatted. Asked a doc and he told me just keep squatting that shit only hurts because I never excersised in my life before and he was right it went away after a month.
>>
>>41478436
>8 Months
>225 DL
>Doesn't Power Clean
>Doesn't even Squat at all

You're never going to make it. I've been going for 2 months and I can already DL more than you.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.