[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a Home Gym?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1.png (2MB, 2758x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2MB, 2758x1393px
Hey /fit/

I'm graduating soon and will lose the discount I have at my university gym. I was lucky enough to secure a job after college but I'll still be living at home. I anticipate it will be difficult to go to the gym, home, and work so I'm hoping to build a gym in the garage.

Do you folks buy something like pic related for a home gym? Do any of you have good guides or references for building a solid place to lift at in a garage?

Thanks /fit/
>>
>>41469564
buy this bag

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FC8AFY/ref=twister_B018MV1K8Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and fill it with 100 lbs of rubber mulch. It's what I did and I don't regret it. I promise you'll get strong and it's something you can use for a long time. Why don't you look for used stuff on craigslist first?
>>
>>41469614
Yeah I was going to but I don't really have a big ol' truck to transfer things around. I could rent a uhaul but I wanted to get an opinion on what the fit people on this board thought.
>>
Before you actually buy a set, make sure you know that it can actually fit inside your garage without taking too much room.

Also keep in mind whether you have to bolt anything down or not.

If you have a concrete floor, it'll be difficult considering that you may or may not bolt the set down through rebar.
>>
>>41469564
Nigger why the fuck do you need a half rack? Get a power rack without the deadlift platform. Get a barbell. Get some plates. Get a bench. Buy cheap foam to deadlift on if the garage has concrete. It'll save you probably 2000 dollars.

You don't need that half rack with deadlift platform bullshit. If you're a beginner to intermediate, buy eight 45 lb/20 kg plates, two 25 lb/10 kg plates, four 10 lb/5kg plates, and then two 5lb/2.5 kg plates. You'll be set for a long time. You'll probably need another two 45 pound plates after a year to 1.5 years if you're serious about lifting.
>>
>>41469668
Was just an example but I get you. Thanks for the solid list. I appreciate it.
>>
the most important thing to do when constructing your home gym is make sure your ceiling height has enough clearance for your rack
>>
File: rack.jpg (64KB, 633x950px) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
64KB, 633x950px
>>41469564
Check around town to see if a local shop makes any kind of equipment.

There is one in my town (SLC) and I paid 1100.00 for a full power rack with plate storage, landmine, dip attachment, and an incline bench.

I was even able to get it made to a custom size to fit in my basement, which only has an 88 inch ceiling.
>>
>>41469772
>make that
>charge someone 1100 dollars for it

thanks bro you literally just made my career
>>
>>41469792
If I knew how to weld, I would probably do it, too.
>>
>>41469614
What kind of routine did you do with it?
>>
>>41469872
Well I first started with using it as a loaded carry program I was experimenting with. I originally had it filled with 80 pounds. I would walk with it fence to fence, which is about 30 feet. I would do different carries and carry for time. Bear hugs, on each shoulder, zercher is what I did. I worked with 30 second sets up to 5 minute sets in a few weaks.

I did make the bag 100 lbs eventually but I hurt my foot while doing farmer walks with these concrete buckets I made and quit doing carries for a long time. I've only recently gone back to using the bag. Also the bag ripped from being out in the sun for a long time so I keep it inside.

As of right now, I just lift the bag up into a bear hug hold and lift it as high as I can and squeeze at the top. Almost as if I was going to do a suplex. I'm getting to the point to where I can almost shoulder the bag in one move. I kind of do a jerk to get it to my shoulder. I also started doing floor presses, rows and holds with it. When I do holds I usually just stand for 5-7 minutes until I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>41469949
i like these type of workouts, i'm introducing muh gf to farmers carry this week. i wonder if there's something much better to use than rubber mulch since that shit might be cancer recycled tires
>>
>>41470024
Well it's nicer than sand. With sand you have to use bags to keep it in or else it seeps through the bag and it's a pain to clean up. You could also use gravel or even wood chips. I just like the rubber mulch since it's resistant to everything and since it's not really dense it creates a larger diameter bag which makes the lifts more challenging.
>>
>>41470036
looks like it shouldnt be too hard to buy non tire rubber mulch. probably the best option
>>
>>41469815
wood should suffice
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.