[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: texasmethod-thin-620x360.jpg (44KB, 620x360px) Image search: [Google]
texasmethod-thin-620x360.jpg
44KB, 620x360px
>Day 1
Low Bar Squat: 5x5
Bench/OHP superset with Pendlay: 5x5
Deadlift: 1x5
>Day 2
Low Bar Squat: 2x5
Bench/OHP: 3x5
Push Press superset with chinups: ?x5
Farmers walk
>Day 3
Low Bar Squat: 1x5
Front Squat 20RM
Bench/OHP: ?RM
Z-Press: 5x5
>>
>>41459716
That's dumb as dogshit, bro.

Reminder, there are probably a half-dozen different versions of TM in PPST3RD which bench press heavy twice a week (instead of alternating bench/overhead every session), but nobody seems to know about them, because nobody seems to actually READ the book, they just go by the meme versions or the first TM layout provided. All of these are really really good and will defeat the "farewell to arms" and "bad for bench" memes if you actually do them.
From the PDF with (page numbers)
> A Sample Template for the Dynamic Effort Method #4. (163)
> A Sample Template Introducing Max Effort Work to the Texas Method (165)
> TEXAS METHOD FOR POWERLIFTING (overview begins bottom of 170)
> FOUR-DAY TEXAS METHOD: VERSION #2 (181)
> Program for Powerlifting or Power Sports (182)
> High Volume/Low Intensity – Low Volume/High Intensity Training Pattern (184)
If you enjoy the Texas Method for Squats, or generally like Rippetoe's style of training, and want to Bench Press heavy twice a week, try one of those templates out.
>>
>>41460221
Is if from practical programming?
>>
>>41460326
Your grammar fucking sucks, too.
Specifically
> there are NO supersets anywhere in Practical Programming outside of the "Advanced Trainee" section
> barbell rows don't appear on volume day in the 3-day versions, only on the split versions, and there on the squat/dead day, rows appear in the 3-day versions only as an option on light day
> push press is NOT a light day exercise
> farmers walks aren't in any of his programs
> 20-rep squats aren't in them either
> ditto for z-press
>>
>>41460463
I'm dyslexic af, keep bullying me, fgt!
>>
Noob question, but does 3x5 mean 3 reps or 3 sets?
>>
Noob question, but does 3x5 mean 3 reps or 3 sets?
>>
>>41461450
3 sets of 5 reps.
>>
>>41461438
Generally speaking 3x5 means 3 sets of 5 reps. Also, on day 2 in the program, the weight is reduced so it is not a limit weight i.e. it is quite a bit less than the maximum you can do for that YxN combo.

Get or pirate a copy of Practical Programming for the various program advice, and do the same for Starting Strength for form advice on the lifts themselves.
>>
Can anyone help with an early intermediate TM program focused on powerlifting? I'm coming from SS.
It would have to follow the 4-day split of TM and follow this style:-

Mon
Press (?) Intens
Bench Volume
Chinup (or w/e other pull)

Tue
Deadlift 1x5
Squat Volume (it's OK if squat is second exercise tho? shouldnt it always be first?)
Curls?

Thu
Bench Intens
Press Volume
Chinup (or w/e other pull)

Fri
Squat Intens
RDL 5x5

Probably for PL, bench should be focused more and have more volume than being equal to the press. I'll wait for comments.
Thanks a lot !
>>
>>41461175
go suck a dick and kill yourself.

O wait, dyslexic ..

go dick a kill and yourself suck

Hope that helps.
>>
>>41461506
Did you not read the thread? >>41460221 has you covered. Try the one on page 170 of the PDF of Practical Programming.
>>
>>41461438
3 sets of 5 reps
>>
>>41461508
Kek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.