[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TM without squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Reason is limited time budget. Plus I like deadlifts, I don't care for squats and it is common knowledge that higher frequency and higher specificity help with progress. I don't think neglecting your squats is a sin, many powerlifters neglect their OHP and there is literally nothing wrong with that.

What would happen if one were to do this routine?
>Monday
Weighted chinups 5rm
DL 5x5 @75% (not 85% because recovery would be a bitch)
Bench 5x5 @85%
>Wednesday
Sumo DL 3x5 @60%
OHP 3x5 @85% (higher because I don't see it interfering with bench that much)
Chest supported rows 3x5 @60%
>Friday
DL 5rm
Bench 5rm
Weighted chinups 5x5@85%
>Next week
Alternate everything (so you'd go for 5rm on Sumo, OHP and Rows)
Would I get good legs along everything else?

Secondary thread topics:

For those who do vanilla TM: do you only do your 5RMs on friday, or do you add another "wednesday" at the end of friday for extra volume?

What would/do YOU do if you only had 1 hour, 3 days a week?
>inb4 make more time
I have more time but I choose to allocate it to other hobbies
>>
>DL 5x5
>DL 3x a week

This is why Rippetoe doesn't let people modify his programs
>>
>>41459490
TM is the only intermediate program with this low DL volume. Nuckols, Wendler, Candito all advocate higher DL volume than that
>>
File: 1483850369621.jpg (58KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483850369621.jpg
58KB, 500x225px
>>41459323
Fuck I love that movie. I remember watching it as a young bloke with my old man and we pissed ourselves the entire way through.
>>
File: mpv_2017-05-16_08-39-40.png (2MB, 1268x718px) Image search: [Google]
mpv_2017-05-16_08-39-40.png
2MB, 1268x718px
>tfw trying new deadlift max
>>
>>41459323
>I don't think neglecting your squats is a sin, many powerlifters neglect their OHP and there is literally nothing wrong with that.
being this wrong in twenty-two words.
>>
>>41460313
>Explaining/rebutting nothing in 22+7 words
The thread is not a statement of facts, it is to shift discussion away from tfw, vegan and trap threads for a bit
Thanks for the free bump though
>>
>>41459323
>TM without squats
this is basically where i stopped reading... why everyone on this board have need to modify working program and make total bullshit out of it
>>
>>41460379
>why everyone on this board have need to modify working program
Read 2 more sentences and find out why. I put the answer as close to the title as possible to catch even the readers with the lowest attention spans
>make total bullshit out of it
Can you please explain why?
>>
>>41460411
>I don't think neglecting your squats is a sin
what exactly is going to make your legs stronger? or you are working just your upper body? If you think you will get enough strength from sumo DL... No you will not... there is a reason why you should squat... It's same shit as if i should take TM and let's say... I don't like benchpress so i will not do it at all...
>>
>>41460461
No, it's not the same. It would be similar if you REPLACED bench with extra OHP work, but even then, you wouldn't be getting any pec work. By replacing half the squats with deadlifts and the other half with sumo deadlifts, I think I am hitting all the leg muscles. Am I wrong?

Also, most weightlifters don't bench at all and Izzy from ptw suggests doing the TM but with incline bench instead of OHP and deadlift variation instead of cleans
>>
>>41460518
For a year, i've been squatting three times per week, and its the best decision i've ever made. My legs got so much bigger, im feeling so strong. I barely did dl, and whenever i tried it, i was increasing it bcs of squat. Theres a reason why someone made those programs like the way they are. People with experience. If you think you know better, then do it. But i rrspect this board just bcs they praise squat so much, and i myself know how effective it is. Plus, it increases your testosteron lvls.
>>
>>41460802
And yeah, dl is a very stressful exercise, and you shouldnt do it alot. And no way you can build legs, or get stronger in legs, by doing to. But, by doing squats and dumbell row youll increase your dl like crazy
>>
>>41460802
>For a year, i've been squatting three times per week, and its the best decision i've ever made. My legs got so much bigger, im feeling so strong.
Been there
> I barely did dl, and whenever i tried it, i was increasing it bcs of squat.
Have NOT been there, they have very low carryover for me. The only times my deadlifts increased were with programs like 531 that have much more DL volume than TM
> Theres a reason why someone made those programs like the way they are.
True, but PTTP is a program too and it I had zero squats
>People with experience. If you think you know better, then do it.
I think I'll try it when I have less time to devote to lifting. I was hoping to have some discussion over it but seeing as how this board is pretty much squats + /pol/ + /r9k/, I should have known better
>But i rrspect this board just bcs they praise squat so much
They also praise many things like monster sips, homosexuality and squat plugs
> myself know how effective it is.
And I know it isn't effective for me!
>Plus, it increases your testosteron lvls.
Is there a study that says that squats do and deadlifts don't?
>>
>>41460951
this is third time that i'm starting to write this post :D i hope this is last.
As i said, been deadlifting only on day3, for 5 reps, just like in TM. and on ocassion i used to skip it, but wokring mostly on my squat and focusing everything there. But yet, last week i squatted 140kg for the first time, and after that deadlifted 170kg, with no straps, and with not that great technique. Have hard times with it, maybe cuz im 6'6'', but im trying to tell you that you shouldnt spend your energy dlifting, since you wont improve your legs at all, and thats a huge minus. You wont be good athletes if you dont squat. I met a lot of short runner, who were strong as fuck and also good looking. They all squatted like crazy. I lifted for quite some time before this, and i didn't squat. I dinged 2plates on bench, but i was looking like shit and feeling like shit. If you know it isn't effective for u, than try something else, but dont drop squats. It's essential. And the thing is, while doing TM, add accesories to it, focus on all muscles, but don't drop main exercises. and, either increase volume or increase weight. If you can do 5x5 of squats with 120kg, next workout try 6x6, and then 6x8. after that increase weight and start again from 5x5. I probably wrote bad arguments, and that shit, but really don't know how to persuade you. But, as you said also, we know whats best for us :D
>>
hijacking the thread:
can I do power cleans on Wednesday or could it hamper my regeneration?
>>
>>41460951
here's the workout that i've been doing for some time. The point is to either increase rep range, or weight. so for week one try to do around 25 reps, or 5x5 or 8x3, for next week try to do more reps, like 6x6, and shit like that. and when you are able to do good amount of reps, increase weight and start from beginning. and like that for all the main exercises. at a time of making workout, i didn't do ohp, since i had pain in my shoulder, so i did lateral raises and shrugs. but recently started doing ohp, so i do it like in TM. one week either in day 1 or day 3, and other week in day 2 instead of incline bench. i hope you can adapt to yourself smthing like this, since im enjoying in it. even tho it takes me some time to finish it, atleast im going 3x per week to gym

https://dropfile.to/GKMNA64
>>
>>41461294
I hope you find a qt gf anon, this board needs less shitposters and more people like you
>>41461373
I don't see why not, but I am no expert. If I were you I'd Google "12 ways to skin Texas method" first, you may find something that suits you
>>
too early for you to die
>>
>>41462429
RREEEE
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.