[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tuna vs Salmon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tunavssalmon__square.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tunavssalmon__square.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
Which one is better for cutting and just everything else in general I guess?
>>
>>41454794

Salmon is generally always better due to having a better balance of DHA/EPA whilst also having less mercury, though Tuna is significantly cheaper and easier to find in low fat canned versions which provides more protein/calorie than Salmon. Altogether, salmon is better if you intend to eat a ton of it whereas tuna is better if you only intend to eat small amounts due to the mercury.
>>
sardines or mackerel
>>
Sardines > Salmon > Basa > Tuna
>>
>>41454794
fpbp

If you eat 4-5 cans of Tuna per week, then you're getting way more than the maximum dosage of mercury that you should safely consume per week.
>>
How much tuna do you need to eat to get mercury poisoning?
>>
>>41454823
Sardines are gross. Idk how people eat them
>>
>>41454875
with their mouth, how fucking dumb are you?
>>
>>41454815
When looking at the levels of mercury in food, does it matter how much you eat in a given period of time? Does the mercury just build up until the day you die?
>>
>>41454875
I get a can of sardines, a cup of brown rice, some mushrooms and a mixture of spices. Oil up a pan or wok and throw it all in. Cooks beautifully and you can hardly taste the sardines.
>>
>>41454985

Yes. You typically only want to eat large tuna/swordfish 2-3 times a week tops.

Skipjack Tuna is safe to eat as much as you want since it's smaller and doesn't really have the same problems with mercury as larger species of tuna.
>>
Salmon has a 2 for 1 ratio of protein to fat which is kinda bad brehs. Even fattier cuts of meat like filet mignon have similar ratios and its one the fattier end of the meat spectrum. I don't think salmon is that good of a cutting food in itself as their are better alternatives. I would rule out salmon on a cut as it has a bad ratio of fat to protein. I would go with chicken or some other cuts of meats that have better ratio. Tuna is the winner for me because of its protein to fat ratio and that its super easy to prepare.
>>
I eat tuna every day and I don't give a fuck.
I calculated how much tuna is safe to eat at my body weight based on the highest mercury numbers for tuna by weight that I could find and it's still within a healthy limit. I wouldn't eat any more than I already do per day, though, and someone smaller than me wouldn't be able to eat as much.
I just love tuna. I think people in general are a lot more paranoid about mercury in tuna than they need to be. I've been living this way for a long time and show 0 symptoms of mercury poisoning.
>>
File: 1veocCo.jpg (235KB, 1092x839px) Image search: [Google]
1veocCo.jpg
235KB, 1092x839px
CHICKEN
H
I
C
K
E
N
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.