[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PT Cert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1433424823802.png (37KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
1433424823802.png
37KB, 807x662px
I want some extra side cash. Any PT bros on /fit? What is the best cert to get (U.S.)
>>
>>41452838
Curious as well.
>>
I've been personal training for about 3-4 years.

1. NASM is probably the most recognized in the U.S. There are other ones (ACE, NESTA, etc) and if you're working at a commercial gym, it really doesn't matter which one you get because most gyms don't care as long as you're certified.

2. It's a job that gives what you put into it. It takes time to build up and the only way to build up is to market and make the best of the what clients you get in order to show people you know what you're doing. Don't expect to get a large steady flow of clients in your first few months.

3. Weekend certifications and a six pack are simply not enough to justify being a personal trainer that people shell hundreds or thousands of dollars on. Educate yourself beyond that of the ordinary P.T. (no, the sticky doesn't count) because there will be a time where you need to know things that can potentially earn you more clients or save the ones you have.
>>
>>41453052
Thanks for the info. 80% of pts I have run across are absolute shit and people still pay them so I figure I should get myself a cut of that. How much a week you make from pt and how many hrs/wk you put in?
>>
>>41452838
Don't bother. There are too many substandard PTs. Save yourself the money you would spend on a cert and use it to make an ad on craigslist for your boi pussy. I guarantee you'll make more money and not fuck up someone's body unless you have HPV or something
>>
>>41453095
How much $/wk do you make from CL?
>>
>>41453052
To add: Commercial gyms rob you of your sales. You only keep a fraction of what you're charging people. While these gyms are great to start at and develop a base of experience, you're eventually going to want to do your own thing in order cut out the middleman and maximize profit. Not only this, but commercial gyms are soulless and do not give a fuck about you or your clients. They value you based on the numbers you bring in. You can be an 18 year old skinnyfat kid who doesn't know jack shit and wastes his clients' time (or even injures them) and it wont matter so long as you're good at sales. At first you may not care because it's business but it eats at you after a while.
>>
>>41453077
I train people roughly 15 hours a week in the mornings.mostly (still a student). I charge people 90 bucks an hour and I keep 75% of it while the rest is considered rent. My situation isn't typical however because I work for a small gym. An average trainer at a commercial gym will charge clients 60-100 an hour typically but will only keep about 20-30 of that for themselves.
>>
File: IMG_4450.jpg (80KB, 720x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4450.jpg
80KB, 720x1050px
>>41453123
Enough to shit post here 24/7 and tell others to not waste their time in a field that doesn't require more dimwits who read SS and gained a whole 5lb of muscle with 25lbs of fat giving sedantary housewives a 3x5 cookie cutter program that will do nothing but send them to a physical therapist.

Do yourself a favor, deliver pizzas.
>>
>>41453154
>>41453126
Why don't you guys freelance advertise? If you're certified you can make your own contracts with clients who go to the 'general' gym in your area.

For instance, I'm working on my certification and plan to make a website and advertise as a freelance trainer. If they go to the specific gym I've got a membership to then we're good. Charge 80-90 an hour, keep all the profit?
>>
>>41453240
If gyms find out you are charging clients for training and using their gym without them knowing it can be a potential lawsuit. Gyms typically charge a flat monthly rent or % of earnings in order for you to train people there. I work with clients in a specific gym because of the expensive equipment and space I have to work with.
>>
>>41453271
Hrm, I guess that makes sense if you can't just bullshit with a 'we're training together' excuse.

Too bad. The joints out here are all Anytime Fitness sites so they pay their trainers like shit.
>>
>>41453290
Another benefit to working for a gym is that they are usually more than happy to advertise you on their sites and such as they see that as investments for additional income. Of course, this is excluding a commercial gym. Your marketing in a commercial gym will be badgering members and making phone calls.
>>
File: IMG_3639.jpg (154KB, 634x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3639.jpg
154KB, 634x857px
>>41453306
>Your marketing in a commercial gym will be badgering members and making phone calls.

Yes, if you suck and look like an unwiped ass. Everyone I have is because they approached me or a referral from a client. I rarely take the rejects the company tries to throw at me, that is whenever the manager actually gets off his scrawny ass and shill for me.
The worst trainers do what you mention because they have nothing to offer but gimmicks and bullshit. I see it everyday and all of me wants to sodomize the faggots in front of the members. Especially this dyel that gives members complexes by telling them their glute isn't firing correctly or their programs are doing them harm. Meanwhile, this guy looks like Frankenstein and George Soros had a love child. I'm amazed at how people are duped by this twat.

Seriously OP, don't work at a franchise gym. You'll end up hating most of humanity. Your best bet (Beside gay prostitution) is to find studio space you give 10-20 bucks kickback to the owner to train whoever you want. You're an independent contractor and have no boss but yourself. There's no competition with dyels whose only value is in the art of shilling bullshit.
>>
File: 1438064233839.jpg (37KB, 445x566px) Image search: [Google]
1438064233839.jpg
37KB, 445x566px
>>41453202
You seem upset lol.
>>
File: 1443646685517.jpg (47KB, 575x640px) Image search: [Google]
1443646685517.jpg
47KB, 575x640px
>>41453240
>>41453399
Thanks for the info friend. I go to a small studio gym that allows outside trainers so I would be in a similar situation to you. Will be nice getting a little dough to help other people make it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.