[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pavel Tsatsouline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pttp.jpg (70KB, 659x850px) Image search: [Google]
pttp.jpg
70KB, 659x850px
What does /fit/ thinks of Pavel Tsatsouline programs?

Any testimonials from "Power to the People"/Russian bear?

Both programs described below:

Power to the People Program (strength not size)
5x/week. Every workout is the same. Workouts take about 25 minutes.

A deadlift variant
>today's work weight x 5 reps
>90% of today's work weight x 5 reps
A press variant
>today's work weight x 5 reps
>90% of today's work weight x 5 reps

>Do not attempt a rep if there is any chance you might fail!
>Standard mixed grip deadlift (alternate grip each set) is suggested but other variants are also mentioned and explained
>3-5 seconds up/down for deadlift and press
>drop weight to floor for deadlift
>3-5 minutes rest between sets
>You can swap the order if you want to.
>No belt. No straps.

Cycling
>Cycles are 8-16 workouts.
>Deadlift and press cycles can be independent.
>Start a cycle with 70-80% of your 5RM.
You can increase the weights in a linear, flexible wave, structured wave, or step pattern during the cycle. Linear is +5 pounds per workout. Flexible wave is +5 pounds per workout and decrease weight when feeling tired and then work upwards again. Structured wave is +5 pounds per workout for four workouts and then -15 pounds and then work upwards again. Step pattern is +5 pounds then same weight for a one or several more workouts followed by another increase.

Russian Bear Program (strength and size)
Same as the Power to the People Program but with added back off sets for both the deadlift and the press. Workouts take about 45 minutes. A back off set is
>80% of today's work weight x 5 reps
>Do as many back off sets as possible with good form (maybe 5-25 sets)
>30-90 second rests between back off sets
>Reduce workout frequency but not by much [perhaps 3 or 4 days per week?]
>>
I'm more of an Al Kavadlo or Paul Wade kinda guy, myself.
>>
I bulked on the russian bear routine from the book with OHP and deadlifts. i experienced explosively quick gains in both and some size gain in the beginning, though not much. after a few cycles of it, my OHP and deadlift had stuck and eventually regressed.

my opinion: as much as pavel is to be trusted for his kettlebell and mobility advice, this book is not representative of his new updated approach to strength training he offers these days. the book is pretty much a piece of marketing, aking use of supposed old time strongman training and old forgotten soviet training styles which i suspect were heavily bastardized. it promises aesthetics with OHP and deadlifts alone which is ridiculous. if you do the regular PTTP routine and not the bear, the volume is low as fuck - far too low to make any decent gains on it. what this routine did do for me, however, was improve my form in both OHP and deadlifts due to the high frequency which I believe was the reason for the majority of my strength gains.

tl;dr it won't give you anything that other routines won't do better. less is not more.
>>
>>41450160
He has some good deadlift stuff out now, tho programs I don't think he's done any recently. Shame because I could really do with one good intense intermediate one.

Is it PTTP or Naked Warrior that has the weird sit up device.
>>
>>41450160
>after a few cycles of it, my OHP and deadlift had stuck and eventually regressed.
Well he does recommend that one should alternate between PTTP and russian bear program.
>>
>>41450730
He has a bodybuilding book out there, I haven't read it yet though.
>>
looks like the volume is shit tbqh
>>
>>41453492
Is it?
2x5 a day x5 days a week = 50 reps per week for the each exercise (ohp and dl at straight of book program, but you could add dips and chin ups as well)

In comparison, SS gets 45 reps per week for squats, and 30 reps per week for the other lifts.

Plus, the bear program has very high volume (2x5 heavy + 5x5 to 20x5 at medium to light weights).
>>
anyone tried his kettlebell routines? Got no space for a squat rack and would quite like to be able to do kettlebell exercises at home. What sort of progress can i expect to make on them
>>
>>41453572
pls help me
>>
>>41449998
Easy strength is his best program imo

>>41453788
They aren't going to make you into a super athlete or anything, but they are fun and different. I had some bad knees because of football for a while and kettlebells helped stay in shape without a ton of heavy squats
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.