[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 35

File: sNOwman.jpg (93KB, 269x307px) Image search: [Google]
sNOwman.jpg
93KB, 269x307px
When benching, should I go past 90 or let the bar hit my chest no matter what?
>>
>>41449153
It should crickledy-crack your ribs m8.
>>
If you're a powerlifter you have to touch your chest. Otherwise it doesn't really matter. Supposedly going 90 degrees is safer.
>>
Can I make gains with only Bench/Row/Squat and some arm isolations?

My neck/traps are fucked and I am supposed to avoid overhead movements for a few months.
>>
>>41449262
dont listen to this half repping fag
>>41449153
OP touch your chest every time

>>41449342
yes, your neck/trap muscles will just be very weak i comparison. no deadlifts?
>>
If I do full body every other day, would it be fine to sometimes do full body in two consecutive days if i feel like im not too achy for it and have the energy + time available? Or would it hinder optimal recovery?
>>
from the previous thread
>>41446572
>>
Suggestions to lose some gains but stay strong? I want to get lighter for climbing, but the weight I'm aiming for would put me sub 10% body fat and that shit sucks for performance.
>>
>>41449521
Wrong. You never actually HAVE to touch your chest at all. That's a powerlifting thing.

https://youtu.be/EapVkFWiq_g

And I do touch my chest fyi
>>
>>41449521
Been told my doctor and PT to avoid DLs until things shape back up. Gotta work on shrugs in the meantime to bring up their strength
>>
File: 20170515_133822.jpg (765KB, 836x2089px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_133822.jpg
765KB, 836x2089px
Started almost going to the gym everyday 4 months ago (started off as a skinnyfag) following reddit ppl, but I feel like my legs are too big in proportion to the rest of my upper body? Should I skip leg days until my upper body catches up or keep squatting. 5'7 manlet 145 lbs bw, 225 squat 3x5, 135 bench for 5x5
>>
>>41449153
It has to touch your chest and stop.

I laugh at the fags at the gym bounce humping 2 pl8s
>>
Is taking 8 mg of ephedrine and 100 mg of caffeine twice a day too small of an EC stack to matter?

Ive fapped for 6 hours on 40 mg adderall xr and coffee and my heart didnt give out but am weary of increasing EC given allhealth warnings.

Also does EC stack good to take while sedentary at job for 8 hours? Will it help my cut while eating at a defecit? Or should i only have it when working out? And is itdangerous to do cardio given my dosage level? How long should i wait till after taking it to do cardio?
>>
>>41449590
>not wanting the full ROM
>stopping at an arbitrary point in your lifts
>>
>>41449342
>>41449547
>>41449569
Jesus fucking christ I'm so done with this board
>>
>>41449699
>oh my god people asking questions and not knowing every single thing about lifting weights.

Off with you then faggot.
>>
File: fullrombench.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fullrombench.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>41449665
>implying the chest isn't also an arbitrary point based on how fat you are and your form/arch.

yeah this guy sure is getting a great rom. He is touching his chest after all.
>>
>>41449699
I just want to get smaller bro. When I eat less and stay active I just get shredded until I lose energy. How to lose gains while staying fit?
>>
>>41449699
not gonna make it
>>41449735
gonna make it
>>
First time bulking. Should I bulk only on lifting days and maintenance otherwise, or every day?
Also, is it better to eat more after or before the workout?
>>
My lower back right above my tailbone is very tight after deadlifting heavy (Not to the point of feeling like something is injured). What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>41449614
never do leg day again if you don't want to
>>
>>41450033
I get this too and with squats as well and the warmup sets of bent over rows are uncomfortable. Im going to start stretching more but I think it's due to slight anterior pelvic tilt in my case. By erectors are doing too much of the work and never get a chance to rest up because my lower back is always extended. Does this sound about right?
>>
>>41449776
>cherry picking examples
>implying anon is using that shitastic form
nobody in your average gym has form like that

theres nothing arbitrary about your chest as an endpoint to your lift because hitting your chest is the end of your ROM you retard
>>
>>41449776
Hips are off bench, doesn't count
>>
>>41449776

Is this the Azn Press? I've only ever heard of it.
>>
Is apple cider vinegar a meme?
I'm eating at a deficit, trying to lose some weight
Does it actually help with weight/fat loss? Just mixing a tbsp. with warm water.
>>
>>41450089
I like squatting, but just sure not sure if its a good idea to do so cause my upper body is so dyel
>>
>>41450027
Eat more every day, chances are youll still struggle to put on weight in the beginning. Time of eating doesn't matter
>>
Was recently given this advice when talking about going from a beginner routine to something else:

>Generally don't recommend PPL. If you're going to split, it's more worth it to go with push/pull, upper/lower or bent arm/straight arm.

>Less frequency with exercises per week means much much slower progress. ~50 weeks in a year... 1x vs 2x vs 3x per week is 50 vs 100 vs 150 times you're working with a movement per year. It adds up significantly.

Does this sound about right to you guys? I see a lot of people who look good that run a PPL routine tbqh
>>
Tried a seated OHP for the first time today and it felt a bit iffy on my lower back. Never had any problems with standing OHP.

How do I sit properly to avoid injury?
>>
>>41450681
Push your back into the back rest using your feet and keep it there. You might be sliding forward and turning it into an incline bench press with no back support and you're gonna fuck your shit up. If you find yourself sliding forward or your back leaving the back rest lower the weight.
>>
Does sips raise insulin? I want to take yohimbre but not sure if the monster ruins the yohimbre if it were to raise insulin.
>>
I'm type 2 diabetic and want to hop on some gear.

Anyone know if controlling my blood would be an issue?
>>
File: IMG_0117.png (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.png
1MB, 1500x1500px
I'm cutting at the moment at around a 800 kcal deficit, I've lost around 3 reps off my squat in the first week.
Is this normal?
>78kg
>5"10
>120kgx8x3 (failure)last week
>120kgx5x3 (failure) this week

Should I have a small redder once a week where I'm at a lean surplus of around 300 cals?
>>
>>41449153
does alcohol get rid of water weight? I was cutting but the weight was staying the same, then I went out drinking a tequila and vodka bottle with some friends and I woke up the next day with 1.6kg less
>>
Should I eat my proteins all day every day or just on the lifting days?
>>
>>41450841
Yeah it's because you're dehydrated
>>
>>41450735
Don't have a back rest, just a flat bench.
>>
>>41450773
Should I have a small refeed* once a week
>>
>>41450773
could be psychological because you know you're cutting, could be glycogen dropping low because you cut a lot of carbs

>>41450765
why would you want to hop on gear? and probably not as long as you take your regular meds like you're supposed to

>>41450760
google "does *blank* raise insulin"
*blank* is the artificial sweetener used in your monster, some of em do, some of em don't I really don't know sips well enough

>>41450841
yes and no, it severly dehydrates you but it's not good
don't do it for losing water weight

>>41450660
yes, more frequency is better to an extent
in the end, PPL is good too, choose a routine with at least twice a week frequency per muscle group that you will stick by

>>41450112
>>41450033
yeah sounds about right

>>41450871
make an effort to contract your "lower" abdominals, like you're trying to push your bellybutton towards your spine, it'll help stabilise you a bit
>>
Hey /fit/bro's, what protein powder do you use?

What should I be looking for when buying?

Whats your favourite brand?
>>
>>41450879
>>41450773
Should I have a refeed once a week so or not?
>>
>>41450902
myprotein unflavoured for those days where I'm cutting and want to eat something else other than chicken or fish but still need protons

bought goldnutrition total whey chocolate with probiotics and all that, chocolate one and it's SHIT. Too sweet and awful
but it has 103kcals and 38g proton on two scoops
>>
>>41450919
you could, but once a week seems too often for me, it's what you can tolerate really
can you go 3 weeks without a lot of carbs? do it every 3 weeks, faster results n shit

>>41450902
it really doesn't matter that much
>>
File: 1491143168961.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491143168961.gif
2MB, 500x375px
Can I safely assume I burned 150 - 200 calories biking 16 miles in an hour?
>>
File: seated-press.jpg (99KB, 1024x329px) Image search: [Google]
seated-press.jpg
99KB, 1024x329px
>>41450681
don't do sitting OHP
if you do, keep core tight to protect that spine
see this: https://stronglifts.com/overhead-press/
>>
>>41450947
>don't do sitting OHP

The free weight area of my gym has a low ceiling, and I'm a tall dude. I barely fit with 5kg plates, anything bigger smashes into the ceiling. I'm switching gyms in a couple of months, but until then I'm fucked.
>>
>>41450947
https://stronglifts.com/overhead-press/#Seated_Press
this section**
>>
>>41450945
if you biked 16 miles in an hour, and you went 16mph average you burned a hell of a lot more
>>
>>41449153
I'd like to do the 5/3/1 triumvirate, but I may not have access to a leg curl nor leg press machine. What should I do instead of these two exercices ?

In the same scope... Is there anything other than leg curl that really hit hamstrings ?
>>
>>41451012
400 then?
>>
>>41451015
For the leg press, substitute front squats, or lunges (dbs in hand or barbell on back or in front squat rack position) or step-ups. Or hack lift or the hack squat machine. For the leg curl, substitute good mornings or straight-leg deadlifts.

>>41450975
Just bench until you change gyms. Hit the delts with db front and lateral raises, or db upright rows, and hit the triceps with skullcrushers. If you don't like benching heavy that often, make one of them a close grip bench or a board bench (you can put prop it by putting a water bottle or cut off section of pool noodle in your shirt)
>>
>>41451012
Also just as a note, Strava tells me I burned 750 but I don't trust that as it seems so high.
>>
File: 1494852985985.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494852985985.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Reverse flys, yey or ney?
>>
My gym only has a power rack with smith machine attached like pic related.

How autistic would it be to unscrew the bar to turn it into a normal power rack?
>>
>>41451123
Thanks a lot.

Also, one last thing about the triumvirate. Isn't it overkill to do both bench press and dumbbell bench press ? Shouldn't I concentrate on other muscles than the chest ?
>>
>>41451194
just take a barbell from a bench
>>
>>41451227
No benches... Its all my gyms got
>>
Is it ok to go to the gym in sandals when im not working out legs?
>>
>>41451218
You can if you want to. Db overhead press, or bb overhead press with higher reps would work well there. That program has you benching as a main lift only once a week so in some schools of thought you may as well hit the chest hard that one day. Either way will probably work for you.
>>
>>41451238
what the fuck

benches are cheap as fuck too
>>
Didn't get to do my workout yesterday (back/biceps), would it be fine to do what I can at home right now, and then do my chest day at night? Or is that too much?

Should I just move my schedule over a day? I don't want to skip back, but I don't want to push chest day out either
>>
>>41451266
Why don't you just wear a pair of ratty old slippers like some silverback nigger bitch?

Wear your fucking shoes like a White man, dammit.
>>
>>41451194
That kind of smith machine (with free horizontal movement) is actually OK.
>>
>>41451281
Hmm, right, I understand the point of it now. Well, might aswell follow the program anyway.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>41449153
As close to your chest as possible without touching it. Hitting your chest will cause a slight rebound effect making it easier to lift back up.
>>
>>41451129
it's correct I think

>>41451175
yey

>>41451361
don't half ass back day, you'll get shoulder problems from imbalances
>>
>>41449836
>get smaller
>lose gains

You are on the wrong board my friend.
>>
>>41451420
So should I just do my back day tonight then? And continue with chest tomorrow?
>>
Can I keep my gains if I join the army?
>>
>>41451464
jup, just don't skimp it or you'll do it more often and in the end, you'll be fucked
>>
File: IMG_0487.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0487.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Im doing a ppl routine with only these excersises:

Barbell rows
Weighted chinups
Lateral raises
Dumb-bell / hammer curls
Barbell shrugs

Flat Bench press (db and bb)
Close grip bench
OHP
Weighted dips
Skullcrushers

Squats
Hack squats
Deadlift
Weighted sit-ups
Varitations of crunches

With compounds, i do 3x5 heavy and then 2-3 lighter sets of 10-12, lifting 6 days per week.

I switched over to this routine after starting with phraks greyskull. Is this enough for a balanced physique? I've made decent gains thus far with the equipment in pic related but am worried that i'm missing something.
Thanks
>>
>>41450296
Just think about it
How exactly would it help with weightloss?
>>
Why does cutting have to make you weak, brehs?

Also, what do I do to stop diddlies from smashing my bar into my sack on lockout? should I just grip wider?
>>
>>41450923
Isopure unflavored whey is what I use and it's 50g of protein with 2 scoops.
>>
>>41451672
>>Also, what do I do to stop diddlies from smashing my bar into my sack on lockout?

Get longer arms. Or just wear a cup.
>>
I did something similar to a clinical trial recently and over the course of that, they measured my bf% in some sort of vacuum tube like thing. What's weird is that the results were that I'm at 22.5% bf at 92kg, but my TDEE is supposedly slightly above 2300kcal.
Isn't that a bit much? What the fuck. Height's 6'3" by the way.
>>
To what extent is it normal to feel lower back pain after deadlifting? I always feel in my lower back and sometimes very low, like in between the glutes (not the muscle, I think) for the rest of the day after I deadlift and sometimes the next day.
I'm working on my anterior pelvic tilt, which is almost cured now.

Maybe my form is fucked, but I don't have a good deadlift yet, 225x5 at 150-155lbs 5'10
Any tips? What's the process for you guys to deadlift? Like step by step?

I get in to position (neutral spine)
Brace
Lift the bar with my legs until my knees and after that with my lower back
Brace again
Put it down

Is this correct? Any tips?
>>
File: vitd.png (526KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vitd.png
526KB, 1000x1000px
looking to buy a vitamin D supplement, which one is the best? is pic related good?

thinking of this one or the other one from myprotein but no clue, money aint an issue I just want the best
>>
Is it retarded to cut if I'm 191 cm (6"3) and 75 kgs (165 lbs)?

I feel like my bodyfat% is too high. I mean I'm a lanklet, but I feel like I'm getting some belly fat
>>
>>41451966
Soreness is okay. If 225 is legit challenging for you you'll also feel a sort of dull pain from your spine compressing (going from having to lift ~100 lbs or however much your upper body weighs to ~300 will do that).

Anything other than that might be an issue. I was actually in the exact same boat as you last summer. I got up to about 235x5, then I felt something in my back that would persist throughout the day, and actually fell to 225x4 after two weeks with a similar back pain.

I ended up doing the following:
1) Stop deadlifting (from mid June - late August)
2) Do PHAT or some other program where you don't have to deadlift
3) Start deadlifting again, make sure your first real set you get someone who looks like they know what they're doing to form check and/or videotape you

If you've got no preexisting back conditions (pinched nerve or something), and you'll know you do because you'll feel sharp pain and have a very difficult time, say, picking something up off the floor, you should be fine. My DL once I started back after doing nothing but squat + accessories for my lower back went up to 275x5 after two months of not doing it. Hovering around 300 now and haven't had this problem since.

As to what caused it, not a fucking clue.
>>
>>41452036
Yes it's retarded. You don't have belly fat, you just have too little muscle that your little ass belly looks big to you. Bulk.
>>
>>41452058
Is there any store that sells shirts that are slimmer in the waist? Cutting is slowly starting to make my dress shirts feel like I'm wearing a mumu.
>>
If I'm doing super high volume PPL and cardio + swimming 3x a week, do I have to actually cut calorie wise? Or can I lose fat/weight just eating like 100-200 under maintenance with all the activity I'm doing.
>>
File: DSC_0879.jpg (617KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0879.jpg
617KB, 2592x1944px
Been lifting for 2 months.
Does your fat make you produce estrogen? Or is it bullshit?
Asking cause of bulking and having slight gyno at the same time
>>
>>41452036
Nigga what the fuck do you want to cut, you're probably looking like you took a wrong turn on the way to the gas chambers.
>>
>>41452088
Depends. For lifting you can get a rough estimate of say 200 calories burned per hour of lifting. Maybe 300/session if you're really going at it. Running/swimming are nearly directly proportional to how much distance you go so that's easy to calculate. From there, just add that to your BMR and eat healthy foods, and you should have no problem losing fat.
>>
>>41452096
Yes. I believe this is one of the reasons Lyle Mcdonald says to bulk only after reaching 10-12% BF and starting your cut when you're >16%.

On the other hand if you have pecs it'll make your titties look manlier.
>>
any european based website with t.shirts, tank tops, shorts and shit like that ofr people that lift?

no cringe meme shit
>>
>>41451966
Watch rippletits' video on the DL, the back pain is 100% due to bad form
>>
>>41452058
Thanks bro. I'll see how it goes, hopefully the pain is gone. Did you change anything in your form?
>>
>>41452118
Thanks Anon. That's what I was thinking but I was "brought up" to not pay attention to calories burned and eat at deficit.

I eat clean and watch macros but I'm just constantly hungry cuz I'm going super hard at gym, I count every calorie and end up eating at maintenance, sometimes a few hundred under.
>>
>>41451619

Machines get a bad rep but do leg curls on your leg day. Had no idea how much they help with squats. Noticed it after my squats completely stalled when the leg curl machine broke (and the fuckers took 2 months to fix it). Then as soon as it was fixed I progressed and I'm continuing to progress now that I'm cutting.
>>
>>41452070
>>41452113

Alright thanks for the honesty boys.

Guess I just need to do more exercises aimed at my core.
>>
>>41452131
Thanks i will check it out.
Yeah i hope so breh. If my nipples have to be seen through my shirt, let them be accompanied by som nice pecs at least
>>
>>41452159
I didn't consciously change anything, but when I got back on the platform in September, I basically thought "forget everything you know about deadlifting, just do it exactly like in the tutorial" for my warmups. 225 felt dick easy after that (because of squats), so ended up working up to 275 by the end of the day.

>>41452175
I can't advise anything against the hunger desu. I'm trying out keto for the first time but haven't made enough progress to see if I'm getting any tangible results. If your lifts are going up and your weight is going down, you're probably on the right track.
>>
>>41451619
doesn't seem to be a lot of weight that you can hang on the bar, why switch routine?

>>41451888
no, lots of midgets have even higher TDEE, i'd say your TDEE is even a bit low

>>41452023
get one that has 5000 UI a pill, and take one every day, simple as fuck
>>
>>41452087
Plenty of retailers sell these. They are called "fitted" or "slim fit" or "athletic fit" dress shirts.
>>
So I jog 5 times a week. 3 times I do 3.5 mi and the other 2 times I jog for 10 minutes then do 1min as fast as I can and 1 min fast walking (5times). I notice that my endurance is increasing but my speed isn't, or at least not at the same pace as my endurance. I'm a fatty but just last week I left the obesity range and I've been deep in that my whole life. So is there anything else I can do to increase speed or should I just keep doing this and focus on losing weight?
>>
I am considering doing a water fast but heard it being a meme. Is it or is it legit?
>>
>>41452230
Wanted to do more volume/got bored and wanted to switch it up. Im at 1/2/2/3
>>
When squatting I am trying to do proper form and when I squeeze my shoulder blades to keep the bar I feel a quick sharp electric shock there, it doesn't really hurt but it was noticable, what was it?
>>
If you were to stop lifting, how long could you go before you started to get weaker and muscles began to disappear?
>>
Why does my left elbow hurt when I do curls or rows? It is always my left elbow too. It feels like a tendon or ligament gets caught on the outer elbow and rolls across something.
>>
can I do ppl without the legs?
Ive done SL 5x5 and TM like 1 year ago before I stopped going to the gym regularly and im still kind of a trex. Ill just add squats to push or pull day and thats it.
I also dont want to go 6 times a week to the gym
>>
Does getting high to eat more swipe my natty card?
>>
>>41453178
same. I stretch a lot, use a rubber ball to roll just above elbow, and wear compression sleeve. just don't fucking max it out.
>>
>>41453175
3 weeks I think.
>>
>>41453598
Did you ever go to a doctor? If so what did they say? Also, thanks for the reply.
>>
is popcorn a good snack
>>
>>41452194
No you don't just bulk, get big and strong and worry about cutting later
>>
>>41453733
It's bettter than potato chips or other garbage carb snacks.

Fine if you're bulking, ok if cutting but don't overdo it or have sweet popcorn. No toffee garbage either.
>>
File: Happy dumbbells man.jpg (71KB, 400x514px) Image search: [Google]
Happy dumbbells man.jpg
71KB, 400x514px
I want to work Incline Bench Press into my routine, but I do flat bench press as a part of my program. What's the best way to do this, or failing that, isolate my upper pectorals without losing chest gains on bench? I'm on a progressive overload program similar to SS.

thanks
>>
>>41454036
dam bradley cooper looks like that??
>>
File: 1445128734081.jpg (20KB, 351x368px) Image search: [Google]
1445128734081.jpg
20KB, 351x368px
>>41454043
I think that was him a few years ago

he roided hard for American Sniper and now I think hes back to normal size.
>>
What are some good snacks
>>
Is a thumb less grip on bent over rows common? I feel like it helps me pull from my back more than my arms
>>
File: 1398809507065.jpg (55KB, 482x564px) Image search: [Google]
1398809507065.jpg
55KB, 482x564px
>>41449776

This will never not make me laugh out loud.
>>
How am I supposed to eat my TDEE on keto? Its way too easy to eat under and I like the weight that I'm currently at, so I don't wish to lose a lot more.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 323x156px
My left quad has been tight ever since I started longboarding 5 years ago

Knee cracks every time I squat down. I started lifting last week and now my left quad is getting reaaally tight. I try to stretch it but it's hard. Did I fuck my quad over or is this something I can stretch out? I use foam rollers and stuff but still. Squatting is making it really tight and now getting kind of uncomfortable.
>>
>>41454089
Almonds, pecans, most nuts are good snacks, but try to get unsalted if you fear you're going to binge because of the flavor.
>>
>>41454089
Hard boiled eggs

nuts

seeds

coffee beans
>>
>>41454493
You're not supposed to stay on keto forever. Eat a normal diet if you've finished cutting.
>>
>>41454513
>coffee beans
What's a good brand to buy? Do you simply get whichever beans from you coffee shop?
>>
>>41454543
I like the greater amount of energy and less grogginess I generally have though ;_;
>>
>>41449153
Touching your chest is fine, bouncing is always a no-go. You could probably stay at 90 if you felt like it, but going beyond 90 and touching the chest, pausing, and then steadily returning to a full extension moves the muscles through the greatest range of motion. Greater range of motion results in a more evenly worked tissue. It's also important to maintain control of the bar through the entire rep, and keep your motion as smooth as possible.

>>41449547
If you have never done any sort of training previously, then you might want to varied full body routines every two days to acclimate your body. However, full body every other day, especially if you are pushing yourself, is going to hinder muscle recovery and put you at great risk for injury, even if you have trained before. Either space them out more, or develop a split routine.
>>
>>41450112
I get this sometimes too, and I don't stretch enough desu. It should help.
>>
>>41454549
I just get small packs of coffee beans... I go for a mild bean because dark dark ones are very bitter to just eat
>>
Do women actually care about a man's body? I figure they are more concerned with face and personality. In other words, please give me some motivation to start lifting
>>
>>41450296
Weight loss is just physics.
Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Fat is stored energy. Take in less energy than you expend, and you will lose weight. Anything that doesn't comply with this formula in some way is snake oil.
>>
>>41454559
placebo
>>
>>41454696
Yes and no. The best body in the world will absolutely turn on a woman, but women are turned on (and more importantly, emotionally interested) in a large variety of traits, behaviours, and physical aspects... a bit like guys, but even moreso. Mostly they like security, dominant behaviour, vulnerability (yes I mean that), social skills, and self-reliance

Even if you're objectively extremely good looking, tall, great body... you may not be able to keep a gf. It ABSOLUTELY helps you fuck, and get dates/hookups, if that's what youre interested in.
>>
I went to a chiropractor a weak ago for a leg problem I have and he basically said that I need to do way less weight and more reps. I really want to just continue lifting like before since I have been making a lot of progress, but I don't want to injure myself further. What do?
>>
Where do you guys swim? I usually swim at the college gym, but I don't have access during the summer.

Seems difficult to actually get cardio in at a public pool.
>>
>>41454117
That's exactly what it's supposed to do and fine and dandy if that's what you're after. I do a third of all my pulling volume (except diddlies) with a thumbless grip for back emphasis.
>>
>>41452862
read the sticky desu hanpai
>>
>>41454910
Do what you want. With proper form and warmup, the chance for injury is very small unless you have a serious underlying problem, in which case you should probably not do exercises that trigger that injury.

Maybe do some sets at 80% of maximum for a week or two, see if that starts to set the injury off again, and if not, go for it with the heavy load.
>>
Hey guys, I've been lifting for one week now and have a question about DOMS and water retention.

I was at 195lbs last week and have been eating at 1500calories (~140+ grams protein) for months now and losing a steady 1.5-2lbs a week. After lifting this week, I've shot up to 200.1 as of today. I did some googling and apparently your body retains water to supply your muscles with glucose to heal the muscle fibers or something like that. Is 200 my new normal or will my body drop the water after continuing to lift?

Also, I have trex arms and while it's sore as a motherfucker, I'm happy. I'm trying so hard to make it.
>>
>>41454910
I would recommend you to go with a physical therapist instead, heard good things about them
>>
>>41454910
Go to a real doctor you dumb fuck.
>>
>>41454696

I think it helps. If they see you can look after yourself and you can stay committed to working out and your health, they'll be more attracted to you. To keep them around you need to have social skills and actually be attractive to them emotionally, otherwise they'll get bored and move on.

It does help, but don't rely on just having a good body if you want anything more than a hookup
>>
>>41454918
college olympic pool
>>
>>41455052
My college doesn't let people use the facilities unless you have an active account. I'd have to take a class to be able to use it.

I wish our YMCA wasn't so crowded all the time, it's like the only other place with an olympic sized pool, and old people just go there to play.
>>
File: IMG_3233.gif (860KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3233.gif
860KB, 300x168px
>>41449153
If a full body weight training program is supposed to be 3x per week but I can only manage 2x per week, how fucked am I? Is there a good 2x solution?
>>
Is it fine to do push ups and pull ups erry day even on my rest days, or is that a no no as far as recovery goes?
>>
>do ohp/squat
>feel fine
>sit down
>sharp pain in upper back when breathing in

Am I going to died?
>>
Good swimming routine? I went in and did 20 laps today but I know I could be more efficient. All front crawl by the way
>>
I separated my ac joint last year, and it has healed well enough that I can incorporate some pressing movements again (ohp, incline db bench) but any presses other than those irritate it and it swells up again slightly.
Problem is with all the incline bench, my chest is growing near my clavicles but I feel like the lower is lagging.
My physiotherapist has strongly advised against any lever movements so flys are out, what can I do to increase volume on my chest (specifically lower if possible)

td;dr how to increase volume on chest if flat pressing and flyes hurt?
>>
>>41455516
Can you do dips or decline bench?
>>
>>41454627
I'm the full body anon. I thought full body 3 times a week, which is basically every other day, is what is recommended to those who havent lifted for years already? But you say it hinders recovery? Can you explain a bit
>>
>>41455659
dips are a very strong no, and decline isn't very nice on the joint either since it's barbell.
I've tried decline db but I didn't feel as if it was doing anything for me (could have just been too light though)
>>
When I bike on heavy resistance, it feels like different muscle groups get worked when I do a high riding stance (elbows slightly bent gripping bar) versus low stance (hands on horns, elbows down into bar).

Anyone know the difference or is this just poor form?
>>
Going to start lifting 5x5 tomorrow at my universities gym, what do i do if there are a lot of people there?

Like if the workout equipment is full? Do you just wait by it or is that autistic?
>>
File: 1488675811628.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488675811628.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
Is training a muscle group 3 times a week better than 2 times when natty?
>>
>>41450296
I bought some and tried it because healty bacteria. This stuff makes you have to shit. Consider yourself warned.
>>
>>41456261
Yes. That's why fullbody workouts 3 times a week are superior to splits. Check this for better understanding
http://youtu.be/5NqtfvR7v4A
>>
File: 1494912655170.jpg (170KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1494912655170.jpg
170KB, 3264x1836px
Hey /fit/. What is a good way to judge healthy weight? I'm 183 pounds, 5'8ish and just about 21 years old.

Givin these stats alone most websites I have checked put me at mid to low range overweight. Thing is I have always been kind of stocky and pretty strong. I have always played sports (hockey for 13 years and boxing on and off for 3) and after just getting into working out again I can run about 5 miles in like 50 mins, one break if I push myself.

Are the websites accurate? I'm trying to slim down to like 170 or at least shed some fat anyways but I really don't feel THAT overweight....

Any opinions would be much appreciated and feel free to share your stats too.

Just made a thread about this but this may be a better place.
>>
I'm currently getting back to the gym after basically 5 months, skinnyfat with a significant gut
I'm 6'3", and I have pretty long legs, and a family history of bad knees, and as such, when I was doing Stronglifts I had sore knees constantly for 3 months which weren't really improving.
what exercises could I do to strengthen my knees so I can squat without busting them up, or something in the place of squatting?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-13-21-55-54.png (113KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-13-21-55-54.png
113KB, 480x800px
How does bulking work? Or more specifically, since I've started my first attempt at bulking I've gained 10 pounds, minimal increase in size at arms/legs/chest/etc, seemingly most of the weight is fat around my torso.

Am I not working out hard enough? Do I just need to give it more time? Is this normal?
>>
>>41454918
Try any open body of water?
Should be warm enough during the summer
>>
>>41449776
>arbitrary

Sure let me just ram the fucking barbell through my ribs and touch my spine to achieve a non arbitrary full rom
>>
948 500g greek yogurt, 2 glasses of milk 948
1300 lunch super stunner deal(hungry jax) 2248
800 dinner 2x baked beans cans 3048
937 Milk 6 glasses of milk 3985cal total
Is there anything wrong with this diet?
>>
A couple weeks ago i hurt my toe really bad (almost broken) and still hurt like hell. Should I stop squatting?
>>
Ukfag here, what's a good brand of protein powder
>>
>>41457696
MyProtein
>>
>>41457425
You dont need to bulk at 4k unless you're over 100kg body weight doing a high volume program like sheiko. Not to be confused with doing a "high volume" program where you do 16 sets of dumbbell pressing.
>>
>>41449614
i think thats just bodyfat that makes your legs look 'too' big. I think you should stick to your current routine.
>>
How long for a bruised hand to recover? Cant go to the gym now this sucks
>>
Any ideas how I can make this routine work:

Squats, Press, Power Cleans, Front Squat, Bench press, Dumbell bench and Deadlift

A:
5x3 Squat
5x3 Press
3x5 Power cleans

B:
5x1 Squat
5x2 Front Squat
5x3 Benchpress / Alt: 3x10 Dumbell Benchpress
5x1 Deadlift

Day B seems too heavy.
>>
Shoulders are looking pulled forward by my chest. How to get them to pull back more. More rows?
>>
>>41459046
train upper back and traps, stretch and foamroll chest and anterior delt
>>
>>41459032
What are you trying to do exactly? If you maxed out noob gains and are still trying to make progress in strength, that's the wrong way. Get a structured program with more volume. TM is good for intermediates.
>>
>>41458595
As long as it takes to not hurt while lifting. Just try doing situps and pullups at home. If it hurts, you're not ready yet.
>>
>>41459203
>situps
I meant pushups.
>>
>>41457594
Try your warmup weights and see if it hurts.
>>
How to explain macros to a child using car analogies?
Would shit like this work:
Carbs - nitro boost, you get energy fast and it doesn't last as long.
Fat - regular fuel, you get energy at a steady rate when you do things it burns.
Protein - motor oil, you need it for parts to work and not break.
>>
>>41456823
How is your training structured? If you have no indicators for whether or not you're making progress there's no way to know whether what you do works or not.

You're most likely eating too much right now. Realisically 1-1.5lbs a week would be around the maximum amount of weight you should gain per week to min/max fat/muscle gain.
>>
>>41456584
As a male you're at your healthiest on average around 8-15% bf. Being above 20% bf comes with noticably increased health risks. The army waist and neck measurement tool to calculate bodyfat is suprisingly accurate and very easy to use: www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
>>
doing some light weight dumbbell exercises in my room.
just some dumbbell curls.
at the end of the exercises my arms are swollen. they look real nice and juicy.
the forearm, biceps and triceps look swollen.
but after I rest they go back to their original puny form.
how much exercise must be done so the muscle stay the larger size?
>>
>>41459248
That's pretty good. Are you teaching a class?
>>
>>41450296
It is not a meme, it's actually decent for you, but I don't think it's particularly good for weight loss.
>>
So im coming off a 1000 calorie diet and my TDEE is 2300 calories. How long should I take to get back to maintenance calories? Ive heard adding 200 cals a week is safe but it sounds so fucking slow. I dont want any extra fat while im coming off my diet. How about adding 100 cal every other day? The sticky says you can normalize your metabolism in 2 weeks once you are done cutting but im not sure if that would be possible for me
>>
>>41459295
What you experienced is a so called "pump" where your body notices there's a spontaneus high need for oxygen in those muscles due to usage and potential damage that needs to be repaired so they get more blood flow. It's also the reason why most curlbros in the gym always stay the same size. They just get in, train ultil they have a pump and leave. In order to train a muscle you need volume and intesity and either of those needs to be steadily increased at a given rate to facilitate growth. Read the sticky.
>>
>>41459328
Don't overthink it. Just try it out and see if it works for you.
>>
>>41456261
Higher frequency at the same volume is superior but the additional gains are negligible. The most important part is volume but high frequency just so makes it easier to do more volume because it's spread out in different workouts.
>>
>>41459290
different anon, but that one puts me at 30% while most other methods put me at sub 20. That's what I get for doing excessive neck training amirite
>>
why do I look better and feel better on no carbs at 700 calories? my muscles are drier and fuller too. When I do eat carbs my muscle turn into fattier versions? bigger but less dry and vascular.
>>
>>41456229
You wait until they finish their set and then ask the person who's on the equipment you want to use how many sets they have left. They might offer you to work in, which means you take turns on the equipment and help each other change the weight on the bar.
>>
>>41459412
Oh yeah, you're free to wait around if you want. That's fine. You can use that time for stretching if you're too uncomfortable just standing around.
>>
>>41459395
Lack of water bloat possibly?
>>
>>41455737
Full body 3 times a week novice routines like SS is good for a noob but at a certain point doing 3x5 squats and 3x5 presses 3 times a week with as much weight as possible and even going to failure occasionally is going to leave you underrecovered. Which is why you need to change your routine to either an intermediate routine for strength (like TM) or a training split to give your muscles more time to recover.
>>
>>41459315
Nope. Just have a five-and-a-half-year-old who asks questions. When he doesn't want to eat something, I tell him it is good for him, and he asks what exactly it is good for.
So heart is motor, liver and kidneys are fuel filters, veins are tubing and so on. Car analogies seem to work best for him.
>>
>>41455098
The difference in gains is negligible as long as you're doing the same weekly volume.
>>
>>41455098
Split three days into two?
>>
how do I stop being self-concious in the club? I hate going there so much but I can't avoid it since every social interaction at first year uni always seems to end in some nightclub.
It's mainly the fact that my dancing looks forced and visible fucking white when I'm too aware of what I'm doing.
Shall I just get more pissed before going out or did you guys actually learn how to dance to get comfortable in clubs?
>>
>>41459580
No joke ecstasy pills or mdma
Just try to copy what someone else is doing more or less. Shame the music in clubs is shit.
>>
File: nvrgnnmkt.jpg (966KB, 1742x1154px) Image search: [Google]
nvrgnnmkt.jpg
966KB, 1742x1154px
Lost 30 lbs. 5'10, 162 lbs.
Feel like I still look like shit, but I've kinda plateaued in weight loss. What should I do? Keep cutting? Maintain? Slow bulk? Any advice would help, thanks.
>>
I lift at home in a conservatory like area, but I couldn't complete my sets as it was too hot to do anything.
Should I lift in the evening instead?
Also, my back, traps and shoulders are big compared to my chest. Would doing rows and OHP once a week rather than every session/every other session be best?
>>
File: 123.jpg (51KB, 313x495px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
51KB, 313x495px
Does this look OK for a home workout? I run pretty much everyday including hill sprints and HIIT so i think that's enough for legs, anything to move or change?
>>
>>41449153
if you have proper lumbar extension and your hands are the appropriate grip width apart then touching your chest should be no problem. If on the other hand you're gay and are >trying to develop much pecs haha< and have a wide grip you're going to find your shoulders impinging before you get the chance to touch your chest. also close grip benching is for retards.
>>41449547
depends on what you mean by full body, if it's linear progression on a barbell or strength training routine then don't bother. novices need 48-72 hours of recover time to make maximum gains. less than that and you'll go into debt for recovery, more and you're missing out. also kill yourself retard. Read a fucking book.
>>41449569
stop workout your legs out. literally sit on your ass for the next 6 months. just use a wheel chair everywhere.
>>41449614
dyel skele, also your legs look like pencils, stop being so turbulent and accept yourself for who you are. nobody gives a shit what you look like, especially girls
>>41449629
lol
>>41450296
I think applecider vinegar has something to do with the ratio of the flora in your gut and aside from that i have no fucking clue
>>41450735
learn to brace your spine, on standing ohp you have the benefit of hinging at your ankles knees and hips to reduce the range of motion in your spine and i'd guess that on your sitting ohp you're compensating for a lack of thoracic mobility/spinal erector strength by hyperextending in your lumbar. it could also be that you're not shifting your torso back and pressing the bar up in a straight path with your torso returning to its sitting position with the bar above
>>41455352
See a doctor, but also where is the sharp pain
>>41455434
HIIT with progression in duration of time spent swimming
>>41455746
try heavier then?
>>41459032
>5x1
>5x2
You can only milk your cns for so much. switch your set/rep ranges to higher volume and periodize them
>>
>>41459679
wax that shit it looks uneven and gross. continue cultivating mass and you will fill in and look better. you have a skinnyfat physique going on right now.
>>
>>41459679
Slow bulk for sure, work on lats, Id recommend throwing in some dumbbell pullovers too for the serratus and you'll look like a sickcunt in no time
>>
File: 1.png (561KB, 718x855px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
561KB, 718x855px
>>41459679
same height and weight, lost about 20lbs. Started lifting 6 months ago, give or take. Train your upper body more and maintain, also trim but dont shave your hair on your stomach
How wide are your hips? Mine are 33inches
>>
What apps do you use on your phone to help with progress?
I use MyPlate to track shit I eat.
>>
>>41459511
Hm, OK, so just do more sets if I have to dial it back to 2x per week?
>>
>>41456584
I'm 6ft 190 and considered overweight. You look to be around 25+% bodyfat. I would suggest eating at a deficit while continuing to lift, noob gains will put some muscle under the fat.
>>
Wait, how many of these am I meant to take a day?
>>
>>41459766
Yup
>>
>>41460157
>Directions For BCAA 1000 Caps: Consume 2 BCAA 1000 capsules between meals, 30-45 minutes before workouts, and/or immediately after workouts.
>>
>>41460157
0 because any animal protein, including whey, contain enough bcaa.
>>
>>41460191
So is that 2 between meals, and 2 before workout and 2 immediately after or

2 between meals or

2 before workout or

2 before workout and 2 after?

>>41460203
Bought them now (60), gonna bloody eat them
>>
How much spinach should I eat and how often to not waste its nutritional value? I mix half a bag into my morning smoothie, and I could probably eat like two bags a day without really trying, but it seems like eating too much in a short time is overkill
>>
>>41449153
I finally can go to the gym infinite times a week.

What's a good routine for me?
I'm planning on lifting 5 or 6 times a week, is this good or too much?

Is there some sort of SS but for 6 days? I did SS for 4 months.
>>
>>41459580
Reload animations
>>
Attempting to get out of skinny/fat mode been at it for 2 months
>most chest exercises kill left shoulder
>chest is weak as shit and shoulders compensate for most exercises
>what do?
I literally started working out because moobs began coming in so I decided to nip that in the bud. Chest is important to me
>>
>>41460294
100g of spinach. Is a lot but since you are already drinking those nasty green smoothies...
>>
>>41454785
How does one balance vunerability and dominant behavior?
>>
Does it ever go away, the heart ache.
I'm 18, she cheated on me and broke my heart when I was 16, she was my first love, and I'm not just saying that, I really was in love with her, but I guess it wasn't a 2 way feeling. So does the pain go away? Because I think about her every day, my chest physically hurts when I think of her.
>>
>>41461100
Try engaging the scapula and not dropping your head at the eccentric portion of the lift
>>
>>41449153
anyone here do alpha destinys naturally enhanced? idk whether it's worth buying/doing or not
>>
Is using a row machine like the Concept 2 really that good of a workout or are people just memeing?
>>
>>41461247
It's surprisingly solid given the usual bullshit he spouts, but hella expensive. if you can live without his endless blabbering, there is an excel spreadshit floating around /fit/ that details sets reps and exercises in bare format without his broscience attached, sadly I don't have it because I don't really care.
>>
>>41461196
Thank Christ someone else was thinking this
>>
I have a lil bit of diarrhea going on, it's been two days now..
Should I go running? am i going to be safe?
>>
>>41461265
Rowing is great no-impact cardio that you can easily regulate the resistance to so it's exactly as much intensity as you make it
Just make sure you use proper form and not cave your back in or hyperextend like crossfit fuckers do when they're rowing for calories or whatever the hell
Doesn't do too much strength building but gets blood pumping everywhere in a hurry

>>41461442
It's a coin flip, you can always down some tums or something else alkaline to stave it off for a bit and make it quick

>>41461100
You're fucking 18. Even when you're 28 you might still think about it sometime but I can guarantee you it won't matter to you much because your life will be so far from where it is now.

>>41460426
Do dips, forces you to engage the chest and tris without letting anything else pick up the slack, make sure your form is proper though and keep your elbows tucked in and scapula retracted

>>41460367
No idea what level you're at but I'm gonna assume you have some sort of foundation after SS for 4 months
I'd do some variant of 5/3/1 probably with BBB on M/Tu/Th/F or even a PPL with a on/on/on/off/on/on/on/off/off schema if you really want to spread shit out
>>
File: 1617.jpg (158KB, 1057x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1617.jpg
158KB, 1057x1385px
How do I become Sláine?
>>
File: Snapchat-414499717.jpg (718KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-414499717.jpg
718KB, 1440x2560px
I really don't know where I'm at atm. Should I continue lean bulking or do you think I have enough mass to go on a deficit for the first time?
>inb4 dyel
>>
I hate squats. I hate every second that I'm doing them. They're the only lift where I count down my reps instead of up. I realize this isn't a question.
>>
>>41461953
it is pretty simple, if you hate doing it stop doing them. Who is going to make you feel bad about not doing them? I dont do squats or deadlifts, I find them annoying .
>>
>>41459694
Mine are 33 also actually.
>>
>>41461969
But, muh legs!
>>
File: pelvis (1).png (781KB, 700x958px) Image search: [Google]
pelvis (1).png
781KB, 700x958px
hip socket pain after heavy squat as a beginner, anyone ever experienced this?
>>
>>41449153
guise,

I'm going to the doc on Friday to have some bloodwork done since I've been cutting for 93 days and have lost 50 lbs.

What specifically should I ask for that will give indicators on weight loss, general health, etc?

I'm going to ask for diabetes indicators, as I was "getting close to pre-diabetic" last time I had bloodwork done over a year ago, and I'm fairly sure those numbers will be way better.
>>
>>41462318
I have. Sometimes is just pressure on your back. I hang from a bar and then the pain goes away. Make sure is just that. If it's a somewhat acute pain and not soreness you are probably relaxing your back and going too deep. That's not good. You should go below parallel and your back should be straight (inclined yes but 180°). Videotape your squat and judge it by yourself. This is a common mistake.
>>
File: 1493303682001.png (793KB, 917x645px) Image search: [Google]
1493303682001.png
793KB, 917x645px
If my tdee is 2200 cals and im doing 20 minutes of cardio after weights should i make up for those burned calories or eat as usual?
>>
I'm trying to learn power cleans. I've read the guide in Starting Strength but I'm still struggling to get the movement down correctly. Anyone know of a good video or written guide that I could try?
>>
>>41462437
If you're trying to gain add mass you need to compensate for the cardio.
>>
>>41462464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEyoH5FV03s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AaSNARQPfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuiw4GvB0g
>>
>>41449559
anyone?
>>
>>41450324
let me guess you are doing SL or SS
>>
Will lifting with a head cold affect my performance?
>>
Is expensive Whey better than the cheap ones?
And is it possible, that Whey makes you horny?
>>
>>41462487
Thank you anon-kun
>>
File: Capture.png (66KB, 753x805px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
66KB, 753x805px
I'm 6'2"@250lbs, I'm trying to cut down ~50lbs fat (15lbs down so far)

Recently I switched to a more restrictive diet with a higher calorie cut (attatched) eating the same thing every day and drinking about 1 gal of water. Recently, by the end of the day I haven't been hungry at all for my last meal, and will normally just end up going to bed instead.

How dangerous is this? Should I be worried too much about doing this consistently? I feel like being over 1k calories is still fine for a cut. Any thoughts? Any changes I should make to my diet? The only thing isn't listed is seasoning (mostly salt based, no to negligable calories (under 5))
>>
How do I not boner at the beach?
>>
>>41463089
Finish puberty

Alternatively flex constantly to divert blood flow.
>>
can i lift two hours after a moderately-sized dinner, or am will I puke myself?
>>
>>41463089
Do pushups.
>>
how do I get a body like the bar keep in Shameless?
>>
>>41463311
Jesus christ, yes. You definitely can. You could even lift an hour after with no issues.
>>
Yo /fit/ can I divide my workout throughout the day?
Like do squats in the morning and my deads in the evening?
>>
>>41463060
How's that app called anon?
>>
>>41462737
it's the other way around, cheaper whey is worse, but there's a point of diminishing cost efficiency with super formulated bodybuilding.com(TM) ultra-super special blends too.

no, doesn't make you horny.
>>
>>41463561
it's myfitnesspal
>>
Is turning your head to the left in order to check your form in the mirror a bad idea when deadlifting?
>>
>>41463802
Yes. Do not do this. Set up your phone to film yourself instead.
>>
>>41459694
bump
>>
So i've been doing quite a bit of pullups lately and for some reason my lats stopped aching and now it's biceps/forearms.

Is it possible that my lats are stronger than my biceps/forearms and now they're trying to catch up?
>>
>>41461815
gear
lots of it
>>
What's a good routine to strengthen my lower back?
>>
File: 7yuQ2pw.png (14KB, 373x250px) Image search: [Google]
7yuQ2pw.png
14KB, 373x250px
Started logging what i'm eating as a first step today. Tried to stay under the calorie limit (succeeded) but didn't put any crazy effort into eating "healthy" (had a donut at lunch). Here is my nutrient overview - how bad is it?
>>
Do you guys correct people with obviously bad form ?

Today there was an old guy, doing the leg press with ~100 kgs.

He was pushing the weight too quickly, and then locking his knees.

I could even hear his knees making some terrible noises.

I didn't say anything, since I don't like to intervene with fate.

He was not injured though.
>>
never used creatine before, can I get a quick rundown on what it does?
>>
>>41461895
keep boolkin
>>
how do you balance your squat when one leg is longer than the other?
I have a manlet's right leg and it basically does all the work. I've tried putting it further out and closer in, it still does most of the work while the left leg barely does anything
>>
>>41465092
Try putting a plank underneath the shorter one.
>>
>>41465018,,
>what
minor strength and recovery bonus, retains water so muscles might look fuller with a pump.
>why
not toxic or other ill effects at sane dosages, also creatine monohydrate (which is the one you should use) is fucking dirt cheap
>how
5-8g a day (stay at 5 if you don't do any brutal strength work), take whenever, no loading phase, take for life if you so wish because who cares,
>>
>>41465092
sugar packets

or different sized lifts in each shoe, which sound like a good investment anyway
>>
File: IMG_3364.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3364.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Ok so I have a spot on the top of my foot.

It's occasionally itchy.

Think it's a melanoma? Do I need to go to a doctor?
>>
Which muscle's tightness stops you from reaching proper depth in the squat and falling forward?

>hamstrings
or
>hip flexors
?
>>
5/3/1 vs Sheiko
which one is better for strength gains?
>>
>>41465406
go to a dermatologist fatso
>>
>>41465406
yup
>>
Say i achieve my goal body.
How do i keep the form without going overboard or losing it?

Work out once a week?
>>
>>41465457
Sheiko if you're able to withstand the volume. 531 is an easy cookie cutter advanced lifter program aimed at general strength.
>>
>>41465502
cut volume by up to a third or so, maintain intensity, adjust volume depending on boredom lol. lyle mcdonald has a few good articles about the topic but that's what it boils down to.

btw
>stopping at a certain goal that probably will not be your actual limit
>making it
choose one, and only one
>>
>>41465663
*adjust frequency. I should stop multitasking
>>
>>41464920
Unsolicited advice is generally seen as extremely rude, and should only be used when the trainee is doing something that is very risky and dangerous. Like Deadlifting full cat back. Even then I would hesitate. These are adults that are more than capable enough to make sure they know what they're doing. It's a tricky situation. It's very easy for them to perceive you as some douchebag who's trying to impress them if you approach first.
>>
How should i work out if i work 12 hours a day?
I usually work 4 days then have 3 off, usually, but not all the time.

Should i just go for the full body workout when i have less than 3 days and do regular workouts when i have 3 or more?
>>
>>41465544
Sheiko seems to be more of a powerlifter training though. Never goes close to 1RM with no failure sets.
>>
>>41465736
>>41465457
Powerlifting is strength, no? If a powerlifter style program doesn't align with your goals you need to be more specific.
>>
>>41465777
that was an another anon not op from the question.
What about accessory work on sheiko? Because on let's say Smolov accessory work is a bad idea
>>
>>41465790
I don't remember the specifics of Sheiko, but I think there are some slots for Bench Assistance etc.
>>
>>41465708
this

I witnessed someone hurt himself at my gym doing something that I could have prevented, but I don't feel bad for not telling him, as he was usually a cunt about being corrected (by some dyel 10 years younger than him no less kek) and wouldn't have listened anyway. C'est la vie.
>>
What's the name of that insanely strong asian Harry Potter looking lifter that's posted here every now and then? I think I have a slight man crush on him (no homo, though).
>>
>>41465929
my wild guess is clarence kennedy
>>
>>41465797
I was thinking most about incorporating OHP and how to do this since a lot of bench pressing will already have an impact on your shoulders
>>
>>41465929
Clarence

>>41465718
if work is structured always the same way, just find a routine that fits on your days off work

>>41465454
both could do that, but you forgot lower back and adductors, squats are fucking complicated

>>41464828
more protein, adjust carbs and fat accordingly

>>41464233
deadlifts, what kind of question i this

>>41463930
yes

>>41463485
no, that's retarded

>>41462318
it's probably not hip socket, seeing as that's very difficult to actually fuck up as a beginner
probably muscle imbalanced, deep hip muscles, foam roll shit beforehand, work on your mobility
>>
So I recently bought a power tower when I was staying at my dads, he has a squat rack, barbells &a weights so my routine consisted of weighted calisthenics, squats and deadlifts. I've moved out recently and now all I own is a power tower and dipping belt, I plan on buying a barbell, squat stands and weight plates. I'm in the UK where's the best place to buy this stuff?

Also how do I train legs in the meantime?
>>
>>41466139
strengthshop.co.uk

no sane way to train legs without at least dumbbells, look up a good pistol squat progression and master that with lots of volume for the time being.
>>
>>41455098
If you are not doing at least and hour 6 days a week, then you're not going to make it.
>>
So how do I reduce butt wink in squats and how do I know if my butt wink is withing the range of safety like the neutral one in pic related?
>>
>>41449153
Why am I out of breath while running for an hour but not when rowing for 2 hours? Burning the same calories on both.
>>
>>41449153
I was loading plates on a T bar thing and I smashed my finger with it but was too embarrased to react to it, it got red and now it has like blood inside it but it doesn't hurt.
Should I be worried?
It was at the tip of my finger but I doubt it's anything since I have 0 pain tolerance and I'm a huge pussy, how to avoid accidents like this in the future?
>>
is my ohp form wrong if it strains my triceps more than delts?
>>
>>41466439
videotape yourself from the side of course
lots of theories but no proven about what butt wink is/how it happens
hamstring flexibility, bone structure
I can guarantee your mobility isnt optimal though so fix that first

>>41466475
the rowing is obviously easier, think before you post

>>41466504
how do people avoid accidents in general? just be careful but don't worry about your finger if it doesn't even hurt, the blood probably just still has to clear out

>>41466600
not necessarily, your delts could be just a lot stronger than your triceps
>>
why do my heels lift off the floor when doing squats?
>>
>>41459714
My hips are 33 inches as well. Used to be around 35.

I've been lifting for like 4x longer than you, but you look way better. I've been running PHUL for like a year now and made some okay gains.

Dunno if I have low test or what. I think it's because my diet was shit until recently. I was eating at a large caloric deficit, but still eating really unhealthy. Been on a clean diet for like 3 weeks now. Hoping that will help. I feel a lot better at the very least.
>>
>>41466643
you're letting the bar tip forward, your center of gravity is shifting

>>41466663
can't really expect to make big gains if you're eating at a caloric deficit
>>
What's some good tips to take on board when hitting a weight loss plateau?
I'm still 25% ish bf and have only lost a little over 2kg in the past month.
>>
>>41467087
dont eat one day a week
>>
Been lifting/ dirty bulking for maybe 6 months. Felt like I was making progress but also getting unwanted fat. Online calcs say my bf percentage is 18-20%. Should I start cutting? 5'10, 175 lbs. Up 22 lbs from 153.
>>
>>41467172
Fuck my ass and call me Shirley, messed up my conversions. Up to 158 from 133.
>>
>>41450863
all day everyday. Your body recovers on days you don't lift as well, so why not supply your body with the protein it needs on those off days?
>>
File: Illu_trunk_muscles.jpg (36KB, 520x307px) Image search: [Google]
Illu_trunk_muscles.jpg
36KB, 520x307px
I need a single exercise that targets both abdominals and obliques that can easily have weights added to it. Not for six-pack abs, but for helping form a strong core in conjunction with weighted back extensions in addition to my normal SS routine.

I was initially looking at the exercise in the link, but it says it targets the Iliopsoas, unless I'm misunderstanding the amount of work the stabilizers get...

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/HipFlexors/BWVerticalStraightLegRaise.html
>>
I feel like I'm having an easier time benching close grip (hands at end of knurling) than normal grip (pinkies on rings). I've never went over 2 plate close grip and this cut has got me stalling on 265. But 2 plate vs 2 plate feels easier on close grip.

2 questions:

What does this mean?

And should I just replace normal grip with close grip?
>>
Can I do rows every time on ss. Need to build up that back so my shoulders are not so pinned forward. What lifts will doing this interfere with?
>>
>>41467684
Nigga wut da fuck iz u talkin bout
>>
>>41467720
You probably could. Though I would recommend something that doesn't strain the lower back or rely on it.

Do a different row everytime
Weighted pullups (won't help your shit shoulders but do them
Seal rows
Seated cable rows
Facepulls
Dumbell rows (also won't really help, but you should do them)

On the days it tells you to do a normal bb row, do it. On the days you want to sub in your new routine, do one of those things I mentioned, or two. Seal rows are the closest to the normal bb row. Facepulls are going to help you the most.

Also stop slouching your shoulders. Walk with confidence. Pull your fucking shoulders back themselves and learn to always do that until it becomes a habit. You're not trying to fit into some guys asshole, you're trying to be the widest motherfucker that ever bought the latest Neptunia.
>>
>>41467862
I can close grip bench 225 easier than I can normal grip bench 225. And my progression is stalling on normal grip flat bench due to not eating enough.

I wanted feedback on what that means and if I should just start progressing on close grip bench and drop normal grip flat bench.
>>
>>41467914
Ight nigga
>>
>>41467876
Thanks for the funny advice anon. Can't do weighted pulls or chins yet. Currently at 3x7 chins and like 3x3 on pulls. Need to buy some bands so I can actually do 3x10. Homegym. And pulling my shoulders back doesn't feel natural but I'll try
>>
File: 1475242524881.jpg (20KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1475242524881.jpg
20KB, 240x260px
I have been cutting for a while and I'm now 5 pounds below my initial goal weight. Currently I am overall happy with how I look, but I can do better and would like to lose more. Would there be any benefit at this point in taking one to two weeks eating at maintenance and seeing how much my lifts progress off the cut? Would it help bounce back any potential metabolic damage from 45 pounds of weight loss? Would my lifts be likely to go up at all?
>>
>>41467145
That seems unhealthy
>>
I just want those quick protons, brehs. Redpill me on drinking raw eggs.
>>
>>41467634
Don't do these, do dragon flags. Much easier and better.
>>
File: 1493165576554.gif (2MB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1493165576554.gif
2MB, 250x249px
>>41463060
tfw no replies
>>
is it possible to be a citizen of snap city but not realize it? i did something to my back last week and it feels like it should be a strain but sometimes i think im numb in a few places for just a sec then it goes away. 0 pain whatsoever
>>
>>41462632
nah, reddit ppl but Im a badminton player so I trained my quads at a young age
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.