[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What is a good job for someone who is /fit/ and doesn't want to sit on their ass all day in an office?

What is your job and are you happy with it?
>>
>>41437503

I climb telephone poles all day with spurs on mah shoezers. I am not happy but that has nothing to do with my jab.
>>
>>41437891
How did you even get into that? Sound pretty interesting actually.
>>
>>41438332
not him, but look up your local labor unions. they can be hard to get into if you are near a major city because they pay pretty well, you get on-the-job training, and it can be a lifelong secure career.

Plumbers, electricians, and construction aren't going to be replaced by robots in this lifetime. You might have some competition with cheap labor, but the desire for high quality trade workers isn't going to disappear anytime soon.
>>
>>41438332
I graduated from uni with a math degree and couldn't find a job for about a year, I saw the posting online and applied. There aren't really any jobs here in Canada (west coast). The job has allowed me to pay my student loan debt so its not that bad.

20/h
>>
>>41437503
I started a lawn, garden and landscape business. Keeps me outside, lifting when I'm not lifting and I am happy being the man, instead of working for the man.
>>
Pro athlete, fitness model, personal trainer. Thats about it. Trades don't count most tradesmen are fat slobs or broken old fucks
>>
I sit on my ass all day in an office (i try to get up every now and then though)

I love it, it's walking distance to the gym (workout during lunch), it's not manual labour so I always have energy to work out, no one there lifts so I look impressive even though i'm dyel as fuck and there's plenty of hot milfs to hit on
>>
>>41438407
>>41438497
Thanks for the advice, guys. I never thought I'd want to do manual labour, always been an introvert who sits in front of a computer all day, but I've never felt so useless and lazy as when I worked in an office. I guess if it suits you, like >>41438912 then awesome. But thinking about doing that for the rest of my life killed me
>>
i'm a software developer, but i have a standing desk -- it's pretty alright
>>
>>41438583
How'd you start along any of those paths?

I basically feel just like >>41440041 about office work and would love to do anything related to fitness/lifting.

i'm a grill (only saying that as it might make a difference) who's been gyming for a few years so I'm aesthetic. I'm thinking of doing a PT course and going along that path but i'm worried about poor pay. Being a fitness model would be cool but I don't want to be photo'd half naked so it probably won't work.

Basically what can I do related to sport/lifting? Don't have any qualifications either (in the UK)
>>
>>41440112
Not trying to be an ass but your job should be finding a guy to take care of you. If you already found one then get qualified even if its something small to make yourself look legitimate.
>>
>>41440112
please be in manchester
>>
Im a Facility Manager for a movie theatre. Oh boy there is a shit ton of stuff to do, lift, fix and move around.
>>
Any sparkies here? Want to be an electrician but I have my doubts. How hard is the learning/college part of it?
>>
>>41440261
well your electrical engineering theory is gonna take you a fair bit into physics so I hope you at least have beginner knowledge there
>>
Well there's carpentry but you're gonna need some experience with wood. If you're doing intense work then there's some lifting and a lot of precision.
>>
>>41437503
Electrician - Keeps me busy all day and work can be good workout. Ex - Carry bundles of 1" conduit up and down stairs, etc. Plus good money, security and I find it fun.
>>
surf instructor

getting paid to teach beginners surfing 4 hours a day on various tropic locations all over the world and i can surf a lot myself so im happy. Also keeps me fit and healthy, surfing is hella exhausting

But im also very worried about my financial / qualificational situation after this, im kinda getting tired of globetrotting and banging random girls on vacation. Being german, im fucked because i never even finished school and that means i dont even qualify for the most shitty jobs like working in a production line and to pursue a career its standard practice to do a 3 year training period where you spend your time 50\50 in school and work. Average pay during that period is 400€ a month. Im 36.
>>
funeral arranger. Not much heavy lifting other than coffins
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.