[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police PT Testing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault - Copy.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault - Copy.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
I have a PT test for a Police Department coming up Thursday the 18th. I'm a 29 year old dude whos been lifting and doing jiu-jitsu most of my life. I need some advice in order to maximize my chances of crushing this test. These are the standards I have to meet:

29 Push ups
38 Bent knee sit ups in 1 minute or less
1.5 mile run in 12:38 or less

The push ups are no problem whatsoever. I can drop and do 40-50 no problem. The sit ups I am just BARELY passing. I can do sets of 60 or so sit ups no problem but doing it in 1 minute or less is a problem. My form goes to shit and I feel like I am just throwing myself around.

The 1.5 mile run I also just BARELY made. I ran it yesterday and did it in 12:19.

I am scared /fit. How can I train my weak points to dominate this test before the 18th?
>>
Eat more donut. That'll increase your chance.

In all seriousness, you have few days left. Just make sure your body have enough rest.
>>
>>41434809
Just half-ass the sit ups.
>>
>>41434905
This OP. I don't think they'll check up on it very closely. They're probably not used to policing things.
>>
>>41434809
You don't need to dominate it. You can already do all this stuff, so what are you complaining about?
>>
It is graded so that my shoulder blades need to touch the ground and my elbows need to pass my knees in the bent position. Its atrocious form but that's what they require so I have to do it. No way to half ass that
>>
>>41434936
My concern is that I am just barely passing. When I make it to the interviews they are going to look for those who made it far beyond the minimum standard
>>
>>41434961
>When I make it to the interviews they are going to look for those who made it far beyond the minimum standard

This is false. Most people interviewing won't make it past the physical test. At that point, you just need to have a good interview.
>>
>>41434978
The interview I will be perfectly fine in. I am well prepared. I guess I just want to be an extraordinary candidate and I am looking for advice to help me get there.
>>
>>41435055
Put a hot tamale up your butt.
>>
>>41435092
How did I not think of this before
>>
>>41434809
>29 push-ups
>38 sit-ups
>roughly 8:30 mile

God damn those are some shit standards.
>>
>>41434809
You have 4 days, there's nothing you can do to improve your scores in any meaningful way. Just make sure you drink tons of water in the next couple of days and carb up the night before. Good luck.
>>
>>41434809
You're applying for Phoenix PD aren't you?

I'm trying to do the same but I'm not gonna be ready for their May test, maybe their June, but defiantly July.
>>
>>41436175
Negative. These are the cooper standards so most departments use these as the entrance standard for the academy
>>
>>41435823
These are to make sure you don't die in the academy during training, not for cops out on patrol
>>
>>41434809
ITT: cops are fucking fat fucks
youre fucking disgraces the lot of you
>>
Well you fucked up posting that close to a deadline.

All you can do is eat right and decide how bad you want to pass. You arent far off fron passing. If you want it bad enough youll push through when your dick is on the chopping block.

Or you can fail and get fucked and reap what you sow.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.