[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maximal brain power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: wwww.jpg (1MB, 3300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wwww.jpg
1MB, 3300x1600px
How can one achieve maximal brain power through fitness, be it exercises or cardio. I'm sure weightlifting is not needed because of the stress it causes, so feel free to post anything that you think might be helpful even if its small. Also a discussion on IF about this topic would be great
>>
>>41433978
Walking meditation or thinking.
Allowing the mind to wander freely or listening to certain musics or audio books while jogging.
Opening your mind and learning how to physically be aware of your body, space, and movement while doing calisthenics.
Feeling strength and power while lifting heavily and the kind of mental focus and concentration that takes.
>>
File: Maximal_symbol.png (14KB, 320x419px) Image search: [Google]
Maximal_symbol.png
14KB, 320x419px
>>41433978
>maximal
The word you are looking for is maximum.

>>41433991
>Allowing the mind to wander freely
Holy fucking shit no. This is the exact opposite of how you meditate. You're like one of those people who says to go to the gym and just "do whatever."
>>
>>41433991
thats just pure bullshit
>>
>>41434003
It's called mindfullness.
And mindfullness combined with walking is goat as fuck.
>>
>>41434032
It's called a waste of fucking time that no actual ascetic school would ever fucking use. What you are doing is RELAXING. Relaxing is not meditation. Take your new age faggot hippie shit back to the jewess who sold it to you.
>>
>>41434655
>>
>>41435356
>>
cardio is essential to max your brain out
>>
>>41435871
elaborate
>>
>>41435878
no
>>
>>41434003

I've just started reading mindfulness in plain english. Is it good? Should I continue?
>>
>>41434047
If you knew anything about actual meditation you'd know that monks and shit always clear their minds and then allow thoughts to enter and leave freely and without resistance.

Dumbass.
>>
>>41437251

That's one type of meditation, in which you aim to impartially observe your thoughts. In other schools, you try to focus on one thing and gently steer away any other thoughts

>>41436068
also pls respond
>>
File: 1494232274628.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494232274628.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>41437380
Haven't read it but I've read several books on meditation, my favorite being The Mind Illuminated. I've heard good things about your book tho.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.