[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Nobody Here Lifts edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_0632.jpg (111KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
111KB, 999x624px
So I hit 145lbs flat bench last week. 135 am 140 went smooth, only a little struggle, but not much. Well, 145, I'm struggling hard. Like it got really really hard. Is this normal for weight progression as it gets larger, or are form flaws just now becoming apparent?

I can knock the first set out with some struggle, but find myself failing on the 4th rep of the next set, and the 3rd of the one after that. Help!
>>
Isn't +1lb/week (+2 kg/month) a bit much for bulking? How fast should an intermediate bulk?
>>
>>41428585
Full disclosure I only bench my body weight (175 lbs)
I was in a similar situation when I finally hit 1pl8. I did pyramids.
Basically do your warm up sets with reps of 8, then do 1pl8 for 6, and then try 150 for 3. Your "peak" of the pyramid should be really close to your 1rm. Then work your way back down.
It helped me pass that plateau but now I'm stuck at my body weight bench ayyy
>>
If I follow a program without bulking will my lifts increase?
>>
if i've eaten well below my target calories for the day on a cut, but was supposed to do cardio that day, is it fine to skip cardio if i don't feel like i can get the rest of my food in? sometimes i only eat 1200-1500 calories in a day, and my goal is 2300, but i also do an hour of cardio most days. i peddle 16-18 miles depending on my pace, and i burn between 600 and 900 calories in that hour depending on which calculator i use and how my pace varies. i don't want to lose more muscle than necessary, but sometimes it's super late and i feel like i couldn't keep down any more food if i tried.
>>41428585
maybe you're doing too many warm up sets or not resting long enough between sets. what are your calories like?
>>
>>41429013
2300, which is 300 above maintenance. It's slow, I know, but I don't wan to have to cut big time, I want a slower bulk for a quicker cut.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 296x170px
So I'm pet sitting and can't go to the gym for 3 weeks. What can I do to still stay /fit/?
>>
>>41429246
Dom?
>>
This is the third number I've gotten slipped to me in the past month - this time in my car door (I drive a supra, people know it's me).

I work at a people oriented place and have lots of admirers (unfortunately). Is there a free, tard-proof way to screen numbers BEFORE calling? I just don't want to text one of the creepy gay men or hamplanet glam-rock looking girls that I think it might be.
>>
>>41429283
Google it
>>
>>41429293
I tried, I typically get a bunch of scammy "number lookup" sites but it does tell me the number originates in my town at least.
>>
>>41429089
rest a bit longer between sets and try to sleep more.
>>
>>41429326
Just call it, what's the worst that'll happen?
>>
>>41429333
How long would you say is a good rest time? Between 3-5 minutes?
>>
>>41429334
The worst is it'll be ANOTHER FAT GIRL I have to turn down, or it'll lead on yet another gay stalker. Don't get fit, it's a trap
>>
>>41429340
For strength training? Yep. Your muscles replenish pretty much all of their ATP in 3' and you SHOULD be able to catch your breath soon after that.

It matters less for size training. Because of that, and the higher volume, lots of people rest even less when size is the goal.
>>
Can I get good ab gains if all I do is use an ab wheel and stomach vacuum? Of course lifting and doing other things but just those two exercises specifically for core?
>>
Probably obvious, but when i go on a cut, will my biceps also look more defined? They're definitely bigger since i started lifting, but no real 'sharpness' to them. Id say im 15-20% bf

Im 5'7 161lbs, still bulkan
>>
File: 61sUXnKJg4L._SL1200_.jpg (79KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61sUXnKJg4L._SL1200_.jpg
79KB, 1200x1200px
what workout bench would you guys recommend for home?
>>
>>41429465
The only way to get visible abs is to DIET.

If you're lifting heavy and compound you probably don't need extra ab work, but if you WANT it, pick one thing a workout and do it at the END of the workout (if you're on a split do it on leg/back day). Ab wheel > stomach vacuum.
>>
>>41429262
?
>>
>>41429526
Yes.

>>41429529
Don't get a bench like pic related. Get a power rack, or squat stands with safeties, and use a flat utility bench inside it for your bench pressing and other needs. Get an Olympic bar and plates. Then use a good program or a site like exrx.net to find exercises for your different body parts that use the barbell. Trust me, that plan will take you farther and get you more gainz than a meme bench like that with a standard 1'' bar and plastic plates.
>>
>>41429544
Go choke on dog dick
>>
im 5'11 and i weigh 141 lb
i used to go the the gym 6 times a week but thanks to responsibilities i had to stop and now i only go in saturdays and sundays, ive lost most of my gains and i cant change my routine at the moment
can i gain muscle slowly working out 2 times a week if im on a calory surplus or should i just continue like this until i can go to the gym 6 times again?
>>
>>41429536
I've been working on my diet. I've lost about 5-10 lbs over almost three months now. My abs are coming in but I've always had a gut that sticks out. I'm noticing the ab wheel and vacuums are really helping me keep my stomach in. I never really did ab exercises and my core has been pretty weak because of that I think.
>>
Redpill me on exceeding macros plz
>>
>>41429566
thanks a lot, friend. I really appreciate it
>>
Are there any gyms in the Phoenix, AZ area that don't charge out the ass for a membership?

I am on the fat side, I used to be able to bench press 1 of myself and I probably will have to work up to that again. Work has been so busy for me this past year that I was not able to work out.

The only things I see in the area is LA Fitness, Planet Fitness, and Mountainside Fitness. LA Fitness and Mountainside Fitness are both too expensive for me, I could afford Planet Fitness but I've heard bad stuff about them.
>>
how do i exercise (the full range of) my calves with compound movements?
>>
>>41429721
Snatch, Clean & Jerk, ass to grass Front Squats.
>>
is there a 4 day split which would allow me to lift, or could be modified, on the following days

x x o x o o o
m t w t f s s
>>
Why is OHP progression so slow?
>>
>>41429995
Because you're not doing it enough. OHP uses the fewest and smallest muscles of all the four major compounds. Add shoulder accessories
>>
>>41430014
>shoulder accessories
Would Ahnold press be a good accessory for OHP?
>>
>>41429995
because it's mostly just a front delt exercise.

>>41429721
single leg calf raises to failure every day.
increase number of sets until they've grown to the size you want.

>>41430087
do them like this instead:
https://youtu.be/UUBd9X7aHSI?t=30

single arm they're nice too.
>>
File: KEKWorship.jpg (89KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
KEKWorship.jpg
89KB, 500x664px
>>41428585
is this any good?
i'm an 18 year old male and i plan on working out at home since i'm too poor to pay for a gym
i'm kinda new to this board and don't know shit about working out so i could do with some help
>>
>>41429888
Upper/Lower. Use Lyle's Generic Bulk or AWorkoutRoutine.com's Muscle Builder.
> xxUxLUL
or
> xxLxULU
>>
>>41430175
push-ups, pull-ups (find a bar to pull up on in your neighbourhood, or buy one you can put in your doorframe), and core exercises (planks, crunches, leg raises) can be good.

don't do X reps of something, just do as many reps as you can with good technique.

for conditioning, just going for a run is gonna be better than doing jumping jacks, high knees, or whatever.

don't do chair dips, they're hard on the shoulders.
push-ups with a medium-narrow grip are better.
>>
>>41429721
hill sprints

>>41429757
not full range of motion

>>41430109
not composite

how about both of you fucking retards get some reading comprehension?
>>
>>41430228
thank you based anon
btw should i do lots of things 1 day or dedicate a day for each thing (and doing more of each, of course)?
>>
>>41430274
oh, i know what compound means.
but that doesn't mean that that's what the anon should get as answer.

oh, the other anon was right btw.
olympic lifts do use the calves through full range of motion.

hill sprints are a good suggestion.

maybe not call everyone a retard.

>>41430277
start with training each body part twice a week and adjust from there.
so pull-ups twice a week, push-ups twice a week.
it's fine if you do both on the same day.
make it fit your schedule.
>>
>>41430335
>>41430277
thank you very much
>>
Is it really hard for me to "bounce" when squating with heels shoulder widht apart. I'm more confortable with heels hip width apart, and it lets me put more weight since i can "bounce" properly. However i've been feeling some pain in my lower leg.
What should i do?
>>
>>41430359
post a video
>>
Any swimmers here? I just recently got into it and frankly I don't know where I'm supposed to be sore during freestyle. 90% of the time i feel it in my lats/traps/rhomboids
>>
File: 1494576930329.gif (1MB, 238x190px) Image search: [Google]
1494576930329.gif
1MB, 238x190px
I went and calculated my TDEE, and it says it's high 2000s, like 2800 or something. I feel like I eat less than that daily, yet I've actually gained a pound or two lately. Is that total wrong, or am I eating more than I think?
>>
Benching seems stupid when I think about the muscles it works, according to Arnold's modern guide to bbing... Went do it exactly? Seems crap as far as compounds go
>>
>>41430514
you're either underreporting caloric intake, or not accounting for condiments/grazing/liquid calories, or alternatively overreporting/overestimating activity/leanness
>>
>>41430532
wat
>>
>>41430538
I mean why bother with bench press when other movements hit the areas affected, better, and other exercises build your core more effectively.
>>
>>41430547
because it's one of the basic human movements: horizontal push.
muscles naturally work together, not in isolation.
it's the most efficient way to stimulate muscle and strength gains in the chest, triceps and front delts.
it's a tried concept: build strength and size with big compounds, then finish it off with isolation exercises.

you can replace it with other exercises.
which ones were you thinking about?
>>
I'm trying to lower the amount of carbs I eat but not eliminate it entirely, is it better to have carbs in the morning or the afternoon? Usually in the form of brown rice or cauliflower rice.
>>
File: IMG_1379.png (124KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1379.png
124KB, 500x485px
What was that psychologist/author/whatever who talked about masturbation fantazies that are not sex (like a bj or a handjob) wasn't good or something? I think the guy had a slavic name
>>
File: pet training.png (283KB, 1570x709px) Image search: [Google]
pet training.png
283KB, 1570x709px
>>41429246
bring your pet to the gym
>>
I get hungry in between my classes and I tend to make bad food choices I'm the food court.

I was thinking of packing some hard cheese and summer sausage (and maybe nuts?), Could you guys reccomend me any good brands? I'm trying to cut
>>
>>41430586
Pushup, ohp, basically just the isolations
>>
>>41430605
>I get hungry in between my classes
eat a better breakfast and lunch.
less sugar, more fiber, more protein, etc.

eat a piece of fruit between classes,

>>41430618
those aren't isolations, or did you mean something else?
push-ups and overhead presses are great, but they're not gonna build a big chest.
you either need weighted push-ups (difficult to load) or weighted dips for that.
>>
>>41430639
My breakfast is usually 2 eggs, one sausage, and wheat toast with jam.

Should I go bigger? Or should I eat more fiber than protien in the morning?
>>
>>41430674
>should I go bigger

Dude that's like 400 calories maximum, yes go fucking bigger.
>>
>>41430674
get whole wheat, and don't use jam (it's basically flavoured sugar).
try going bigger and see if it helps.
just try a few different things and see what works best.
(add some tomatoes and/or mushrooms, or a piece of fruit, add whole wheat bread with low-fat cheese, blabla)
>>
I'm trying to count calories to lose weight but I had to know

Which website provides the best BMR/TDEE calculator? Because I'm getting different numbers from multiple sources

I even used that fancy InBody scale and it told me my BMR is around 1852, bit that seems low comparative to other website calculations

I don't know who to trust!!
>>
>>41430783
maybe try thinking.

they're all just guesses.

pick one, eat at that, adjust intake based on weight gain/loss.
>>
>>41430783
Use the one in the sticky.
>>
I need ideas for my leg day so far I have
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x8-12 Dumbbell Goblet Squats
I have 2 20 pounds dumbells and a bench with some weight but no where to squat :(
>>
how much time should i be spending at the gym this summer? on a daily/weekly basis
>>
>>41428853
Nope. Generally speaking 1-2lbs of weight gain or loss, per week, should be your target. Exceptions are for really fat like obeast people.

Cut to abs. Spend a week or two at stable weight, then bulk til they go away. Stabilize for a week or two then cut again. Etc. NEVER let yourself get fat-fucked.

>>41429003
Depends on how fat and untrained you are, and what kind of program it is. The leaner you are, the more trained you are, the harder it is to gain strength on diet or without gaining weight. Also, if you're on a peaking program of low reps, some of the strength gained is neurological adaptations so that is possible, but if you're talking about getting your 8RM up, that is harder without gaining weight.
>>
>>41430833
you can db snatch, db walking lunges, db clean the weights then front squat them, do step-ups, do skater squats holding dbs, etc.

>>41430876
if you are a newb then 45-60 min a session, 3x a week, is really good for a beginner strength program. you can jog or bike a couple of times a week outside the gym.

>>41430783
>>41430514
just count the calories, weigh yourself, and watch the mirror. if you see a trend in weight change over 7-10 days, adjust the diet by +/-500kcals. Your experience should be your guide as those calculators are not fantastic. Generally speaking 1-2lbs of weight gain or loss, per week, should be your target. Exceptions are for really fat like obeast people. Cut to abs. Spend a week or two at stable weight, then bulk til they go away. Stabilize for a week or two then cut again. Etc.
>>
How do I get rid of the bulge in my pants? I can't help it, I just pack my shit in my underwear and then it sits on the right side of my pants, visibly.

Happens in pants 1 size too big even. All it does is turn gay men on, I want to die
>>
>>41431000
compression shorts over underwear, and tuck between your legs. that's what i do, and it usually works well.
>>
>>41431000
>just pack my shit in my underwear
That's the problem. You're supposed to flush your shit down the toilet, not put it on the right side of your ass inside your tighty whiteys.

No wonder the poop-eaters and fudge-packers get turned on.
>>
Lately I've been feeling some pain in the area around my wrists on the majority of my lifts, is it a consequence of increasing the weights or something else? it's been 2 weeks since it started and its starting to get annoying.
>>
>>41431020
I try this but my balls cause it to "pop" back out
>>
>>41431045
high quality 5th grade humor my dude
>>
My traps are hella asymmetrical, what do I do?
>>
Current skelly/avid runner here

I'm trying my hardest to make gains as a skelly, but I'm finding that eating enough food is more difficult than it sounds. I really love to run and incorporating that into my work out plus trying to bulk and eat enough food there just simply isn't any way I can do all that while getting enough calories. What should I do?
>>
>>41428585
How long should each phase of Starting Strength last on average?
>>
File: Matt Kroc.jpg (43KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Kroc.jpg
43KB, 736x736px
>>41431701
Kroc rows build strong traps. Pic related.

>>41431723
Liquid calories. Post-lifting shakes. Maybe a shake before bedtime. When dehydrated after runs, a sugary soft drink for a couple of hundred kcals and some carbs to replace what you've burnt off.

>>41431726
The first phase is only until the deadlift form looks good and you've added enough weight to put it well ahead of your squat (hint, you don't start with the bar and add 5lbs a session, that's another program, the ripoff of SS). It could take a couple of weeks. The second phase is only until the power clean form looks good, which probably is a couple of weeks or so. The third phase, which includes the alternating pull/chin-ups, the back extensions and glute-ham raises, and the deadlifting and power cleaning each every fourth session, lasts ...
as long as it takes to milk your gains on sets of 5 (or triples for the power clean).
After those get to stalling out, which you should be trying to microload them btw, according to Practical Programming 3rd Edition, there are some rep changes to the presses and cleans and deadlifts, and light squats every Wednesday, that prolong this phase as long as possible before you should go to an intermediate program.
But seriously there's no clear-cut guideline for the third and fourth phases. The first two phases should be relatively quick, only a couple of weeks each if you're relatively coordinated, but the last two phases, the more genetic potential you have, the longer they will take, and the stronger you'll be before you change programming.
>>
What's a standard 4 day routine look like?
>>
Most online articles about lean bulking advise to eat 250-350 above TDEE on training days and maintenance on rest days. Is this the best way to do it?
>>
>>41431872
Depends on what it's for.

For aesthetics, it would probably be an upper/lower split done ULxULxx. Look for Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine for a good example.

For powerlifting, there are a couple of approaches, a more intermediate approach is a split for Bench/Squat/Bench/Deadlift that schedules like an upper/lower but is more specific. Texas Method has a bunch of versions of splits in Practical Programming. Westside does this layout. Get the book Practical Programming for this kind of stuff. A more advanced approach like Sheiko has Bench or a variant every day, and alternates Squat and Deadlift each 2x/week. The /plg/ threads have discussion of Sheiko often.

For athletics, look in Practical Programming for the "Nebraska Model" or look for the pirate version of "Husker Power" their team workout for handegg players. It's a semi-split that does an Olympic lift every day, and some upper and lower every day, but has two days *mostly* legs and conditioning and two days *mostly* upper without conditioning, and has two heavy days and two lighter days.

For weightlifting, there'd be an Olympic lift each day (usually two), and probably squatting on three of the four days, alternating front and back squats, and lots of pulls and partial lifts. Go to Catalyst Athletics and look for their programs.
>>
>>41431883
Yeah, but probably more than that in terms of kcals. Seriously you can do that by just making a big post-workout proton shake, and adding that to your diet after working out, and skipping it on rest days, and keeping your diet otherwise the same.
>>
>>41431000
Bumpan
>>
Which TDEE calcs do you guys use? There's like a million.
>>
skipped gym yesterday because it was closed is it okay to workout what I should have done yesterday today? i'd workout twice today, back,traps + shoulders arms later
>>
>>41432442
Yeah, as long as it was just one gym day you missed.
>>
I used to lift and i got above 1/2/3/4.

I had a series of injuries and circumstances that prevented me from going to the gym for the last 6 months and from what i can tell my gains are all gone, but the body fat from bulking has stayed loyal and not left me.

as it stands im at 20% bodyfat with only hints of muscle on me.

i'm allowed to start lifting again by doc next week - whilst i'm tempted to get strength back, i'm also keenly aware of how fat i am. what do i do?

SS on a cut?
>>
>>41428585
How much weight does multi ply powerlifting gear add? What are the raw numbers of elite equipped lifters?

I was having a conversation with a friend about this and he didn't believe that the equipment could add more than at most 150 pounds even when I showed him that's there's a ~400 pound difference between the raw and equipped bench super heavyweight world records.
>>
lets say someone would eat 10000 calories in a day, how much of that would go into fat?
>>
I'm using cronometer to track my calories on a cut. I've set my activity level to 'moderate' to account for lifting, which increases my TDEE estimation. Does that mean I shouldn't use the 'add exercise' function to log my lifting (which further increases the estimated calories burned for that day)?
Like, would that essentially be logging the same activity twice?
>>
What's the best Zinc supplement I can get in the EU?
>>
big difference between brown rice and white rice?
>>
Going to the gym with onset of cold, yay or nay?

Only a bit sore throat, and somewhat stuffy nose. Would feel good to get out and about tho!
>>
>>41433085
Zinc
>>
>decide to join hookup site
>only recently sworn off the ripletits devils doctrines
>exclusively post pics of legs since I've only started my cut
>bunch of gays message me
>decide to message a bunch of verified milfs that prefer "athletic types"
>rp about them licking the sweat of my balls after a heavy squat session etc.
>they start requesting upper body pics
what the fuck do i do? do i tell them about bulking/cutting and how i can bench more than most guys at my gym? or do i just raid cbt for pics that are similar enough to me?
>>
>>41433215
>Would feel good
there's your answer
>>
>>41431094
Fix form 100%
>>
I'm on Stronglifts but I can't do barbell rows because of wrist pain (used to have tendinitis), which is the best replacement back exercise?

Other row type exercises with a less horizontal grip aren't painful.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (17KB, 405x364px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
17KB, 405x364px
>yfw OP can bench your bodyweight
>>
Is it ok if one of my legs is turned outwards more than the other leg? I find this helps me stay in the center of my squat as I go into the whole, whereas if both were the same angle then my hips would shift to the right at the bottom of the hole.

I've tried methods to correct this like focusing on staying center, but it still hasn't corrected itself. If I put my right foot angled out more I don't even have to think about staying center, even when going for PR's or while I'm in struggle city.
>>
File: peep.jpg (9KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
9KB, 200x210px
I've been """"""lifting""""""" for almost a year (first half stronglifts, doing phraks gslp now). I have made almost zero progress since the second month. I still can't bench my bodyweight (not even close), I can only barely squat my bodyweight, and my deadlift isnt much better and so on.

I track my food down to the last grain of rice and eat enough protein. At first I ate maintenance, then I put on 10kg, and now I'm losing it because I didn't make any progress and it made me look a little fatter instead.

My form isn't perfect (not bad) but based on the videos I see on youtube with people looking like they're about to kill themselves while lifting way more than me I suspect I haven't reached the point where that would be issue. Even on exercises as simple as a chinup I have made zero progress.

Why am I so weak? It's depressing (and embarrassing) thinking about how much progress I should have made up to this point, though my routine has become a habit at this point so I haven't really thought of giving up.
>>
What's a good full body dumbbell only workout? I'm skinny as shit 10% BF and I want to achieve full on ottermode?
>>
>>41433832
>41433832
I was like you until I realized I wasn't eating that clean and ate WAY MORE. More carbs, protons, fats and TAKE YOUR REST SERIOUSLY! Meaning full 7-8 hour sleeps every night
>>
can i do ppl without legs and add squat on like pull day or something so ppxppxppx...
i fell for the sl meme and need to work on upper body more plus i dont like working out 6 times a week
>>
Why the heck am I weak as shit?

I'm a 22y woman and I've been liftan for a few years. I eat a balanced diet and I've been on a slight surplus when it comes to calories and I've been on a cut a good few times too during the past years. My weight hasn't changed over dramatically over the past years though.

Now I actually do look relatively fit. My glutes and hamstrings are well-developed, my shoulders are round and if you feel my traps, back or biceps, they are hard and you can feel the solid muscle. I'm 147lbs at 5'7. (that's 67kg/170cm.) I hit the gym 4-6 times a week, and I've been doing so since I can remember.

However I see lots of girls who are way less muscular than me lifting way bigger weights. Judging from the outside I look strong - wide shoulders, strong legs, even my abs are slightly visible. But I can't lift for shit. I do straight legged deadlift with 70kg, shoulder press with the bar (20kg) alone for 8-10 reps. Bench 35kg, or 12,5kg dumbbels. Just to mention few.

Just to give an image of what I do when I go to the gym, today for example I had a legday. This is what I did:
farmer's walks, 10repsX5, 14kg dumbbells
Romanian squats, 8X3 for both legs, holding a 10kg plate
Straight leg deadlifts 8x3, 60kg
Squats with 10kg exercise ball, going deep, throwing the ball against wall. 10x3.

I get the burn, my muscles will get sore the next day, I do as many reps as I can with at least half decent technique. I even got gains, but I'm still a weakling using same weights as stick-leg grannies

So what gives?
>>
Currently on a 1800cal cut and had a big cheat day today should I fast tomorrow or just continue on normal routine?
>>
Is a PT's salary enough to live comfortably (car, own place even if small)?

My idea is to work in a gym for a bit then apply to PT on cruise ships.
>>
>>41434285
How many kcal did you eat?

Normally I'd say go back to normal. I've fasted before but only if I have an insane cheat where I am horribly bloated, my stomach hurts, still have a sugar rush, etc.

It's best to pretend it never happened or you risk getting into a binge/restrict eating disorder.
>>
>>41434307
ate around 4000cals and yeah i guess ill just ignore it
>>
Should my shins be scraping against the bar when I deadlift? I keep reopening scabs and sometimes I bleed. Thinking about buying high socks
>>
Look for a proper gym in Lyon is hell. Any french brahs here?
>>
>>41434319
Egh not too bad. You probably just brought yourself back up to maintenance for a few days. Enjoy the extra energy. It might even help you lose some water weight.
>>
>>41434360
Just wear long pants, works for me
>>
How long should u go on an exercise bike to get my daily cardio in?

My goal is to max out my cardiovascular strength so i can have a bit more endurance.
>>
What does London mean?
>>
>>41434504
It's the capital of England.
>>
>>41433113
fiber. glycemic index. eat brown unless you need the boost in blood sugar right away.
>>
>>41433832
You got a gym with good safety equipment? Make sure you're actually pushing yourself as hard as you safely can and not just pussying out because it feels hard or you're worried about getting hurt.

Sign up for a raw meet this fall. Tell everyone about it, and ask them to mock you mercilessly if you chicken out. Amazing what you can do with a deadline and not quite enough time.
>>
>>41434360
Sumo, scrape a different part of the leg.
>>
I've been cutting for 5 weeks now at 1500 calories and i've only had one day in that entire time where i've gone over my calorie limit.

Should I take a cheat day to give myself a break from my usual diet and get any urges out of my system?
>>
>>41434708
Don't have a full blown cheat day where you stuff yourself with everything. You won't get anything out of your system, you'll just increase your appetite and want to eat more.

Instead add in a day of the week where you eat at maintenance (by adding in more carbs).
>>
My friend does sit ups with his hands in front of his chest, i told him to get his hands behind his head, he said there's no difference.
ahahha
>>
How do you know how much you should be lifting on a caloric surplus in order to not just get fat?
>>
>>41433832
dude i've never hit the gym and all i do is basically pull ups and i've made huge progress.
I don't watch my diet.
I don't even exercise regularly.
Get bored, go out , do until your muscles give up and that's it.

I assume you don't try hard enough, you probably end your work out when you get bored or something.

don't be stupid.
>>
What does natty mean?
i'm new.
>>
>>41434246
stop being autistic and don't get buff.
girls who are buff look ugly.
just be lean.
>>
Best way to diet when I have no control over food choice? I don't cook and I still live with my parents (not a NEET). I can try to avoid buying unhealthy food, but what I eat at home is whatever my mom feels like cooking.
>>
>>41435001
buy ingredients for them voluntarely and don't buy crap.
>>
>>41434958
natural as in not using steroids, perfromance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), or oral or injectable hormones for diet etc.

>>41434931
Gain <1-2lbs a week to minimize fat gain, while lifting 3x/week fullbody or more often than that, definitely more often if on a split routine.

>>41434494
rotate 3 workout types. first is steady pace as hard as you can for 30 min, build to 60 over time. second is short sprints like one minute hard as hell, two minutes easy, start with 6 repeats and build over time to 10-15 repeats. third is longer springs, 2 min hard 4 easy, start with 6 and build to 8-10. IMPORTANT the day after one of these hard workouts, the next day, GO EASY for max 30 min, just get breathing and the soreness out.
>>
>>41434998
seconding this. only faggots and freaks with body dysmorphia and a handful of weirdos whose whole life is the gym want a musclefu.

once a woman is fit enough to have an active lifestyle, just get relatively lean and you'll be maximum hot to the maximum number of normal guys.
>>
Old fart here (41). When I squat over 200 or so, I get a twinge at the very base of my spine, just above the tailbone, as I push out of the hole. Usually means stiffness the next day. Yes, form issue, but anything specific to check?
>>
>>41435001
Been in the situation before. Be sure to ask for every measurement or every ingredient and do the math between however many people are eating. Try to take a small portion if it's going to kill your cut.

Alternatively ask her to just leave our your cut of the meat and you cook it yourself in a healthy way.
>>
Can someone recommend some books or websites for nutrition?
>>
Any tips to work on hip mobility/lower back pain?

Been foamrolling my glutes, IT-band and hamstrings 2x every day as well as some basic stretches. Also sleeping with a pillow under my legs.
>>
>>41435193
yes, check if you have old age
>>
My dyel non lifter friend wants to hit the gym with me. He is skinnyfat mode and im not sure if he should cut or recomp. Cutting will bring results for sure but im thinking about recomping since he never lifted before so it's kind of a waste of gains on deficit.
>>
>>41435656
Download "Becoming a Supple Leopard", I really like the book and there are many exercises in it.
>>
>>41435565
lyle mcdonald's bodyrecomposition.com
>>
my lower back really starts to hurt after work out escpecially if I don't hold it straight. During excercise it's perfectly fine and I can deadlift and squat high weights as usual.

What is the issue with my lower back?
>>
>>41429706
EOS Fitness and Youfit are pretty decent. I prefer EOS tho
>>
>>41435951
tendons maybe
>>
What means to be on gear or tren?
+ do i need a rest day? Planing to go every day to the gym cause i work late at night
>>
>>41434246
Same here fellow anonette. Been lifting for 2 years but still only squat a max of 57.5kg, dead 75kg, and bench (don't laugh) 25kg despite looking like I lift much more. :/
>>
>>41434298
>bamp
>>
>>41435951
might be weak core.

which core exercises do you do usually?

>>41436370
"being on gear" = using steroids
tren is short for trenbolone, which is a very powerful and popular steroid.
>>
>>41436403
>which core exercises do you do usually?

just squats and diddies
>>
File: 2344761.jpg (26KB, 468x294px) Image search: [Google]
2344761.jpg
26KB, 468x294px
Anyone here take Beta Carotene, and Astaxanthin for better coloured skin? My skin is quite pasty, and even though I've been tanning, although darker, it still doesn't have that extra colour that comes from these nutrients. I know you can get them from foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, and a lot of red sea food like salmon and lobster, but taking the supplements will make it easier, especially since I am cutting.

Pic related is how the Beta Carotene is supposed to change the colour of your skin, and I'm more like the left than the right.
>>
File: pelvis.png (781KB, 700x958px) Image search: [Google]
pelvis.png
781KB, 700x958px
is feeling pain on the pelvis normal after squatting? feels like the head of the femur
>>
>>41435999
Thanks

EOS seems to be a bit too far for me, i'll look at the Youfit and Planet Fitness over by me and i'll go with the one that is nicer.
>>
>>41436414
yeah, then there's a good chance your anterior core is weak relative to your posterior core (lower back).

do some anterior core exercises like (weighted) planks, leg raises, crunches, sit-ups, etc.
>>
>>41436581
where exactly?
circle it on the image.
>>
File: pelvis.png (862KB, 700x958px) Image search: [Google]
pelvis.png
862KB, 700x958px
>>41436800
I feel it when I try to squat now, or step too close to my body. I'm just beginning so I thought it's normal skeletal stress, though I went down too fast on one of the reps. it's better now but it hurt bad yesterday(day after squatting)
>>
Is there any detriment to doing curls and lat raises at the end of my workouts 3 times a week just to get them caught up? Maybe superset them like 3x12 or something.
They're lacking and what I'm doing now isn't enough.
>>
>>41436788
Don't do crunches they're bad for your spine.
>>
File: 1489146455425.gif (3MB, 340x210px) Image search: [Google]
1489146455425.gif
3MB, 340x210px
>>41428585
Does cardio kill gains? All kind of bro science sites tell me different things, one tell me it does and other it does not. So which is it? I love running but don't want to turn into husk.
>>
So I´m new on /fit/ and I've read the sticky.

I've just had open heart surgery cause of an aneurysm in my aorta. For revalidation I've now started a training program under supervision of a physiotherapist. It's a mix of cardio and strength training and I'm starting to enjoy it and want to keep doing it and do it in a serious way.
My question is: I'm 90kg at 190cm (200lbs at 6'3") with high bodyfat (haven't worked out in a year because of my medical issues. Do I cut until I'm happy with my BF% and then bulk, or should I just try to maintain my weight while eating clean and working the gym?
>>
>>41437046
Dude people are gonna be hesitant in giving you advice since you just had major surgery.

Ask your doctor.

Also wishing you health in the future, stay safe anon.
>>
>>41428585
how often should i be doing DIRECT ab work?
I'm doing ab wheels 3x8 three times per week

is this too much or too low? I could even do it every day but I want to find the most optimal way to get those abs more bulkier/rock hard

also is ab wheel enough as a direct ab workout or should I also add hanging leg raises?
>>
just started lifting and im having some problems with the bench press(only tried smith machine so far).

a couple reps in i cannot get from the middle position to the top one; my arms just wont extend.. i am however NOT feeling that muscle burn i am when doing bicep curls.

the arm just wont extend. why is this?
>>
File: shoulder-saving-bench-press.png (524KB, 1000x636px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-saving-bench-press.png
524KB, 1000x636px
>>41437281
forgot pic
>>
Can an anon recommend me a beginner routine
>>
>>41437281
>>41437291
don't do smith machine. that is not bench press.

>I'm not actually exercising but i'm not feeling any burn??
durr
>>
>>41436846
pls respond
>>
>>41437149
I get that, but I'm under a lot of supervision so I'm getting a lot of information. I was just wondering what would be better with my weight and BF%.
>>
>>41437363
roger dodger
>>
>>41436894
it slows recovery and increases the rest/food you need to progress in strength, but it doesn't actually make you weaker
>>
Are reverse flys something i should get into or stay the fuck away from?
>>
>>41437392
>>41436846
do stretches for piriformis and obturator internus.
>>
>>41434246
eat more and do linear progression e.g. starting strength - most of.them are stronger because they started overweight and with a big calorie surplus so when started lifting could stack on muscle mass easily (hard to do at maintenance or slight surplus)

http://www.barbellmedicine.com/transforming-my-life-one-rep-at-a-time/

fyi dr feigenbaum good nutrition coach as well
>>
>>41437404
>it slows recovery and increases the rest/food you need to progress in strength

No it doesn't.

>>41437425
I don't see any reason you wouldn't know a wide variety of exercises for each muscle group
>>
>>41437335
SS

add the pull ups, dips, incline dumbbell chest press, hammer curls, lateral raises, ab wheel and only squat on day B

Don't fall for the 3x squat every week meme like I did, it works but you dont want to be a t-rex
>>
>>41428585
I am 6 foot and 87 kg. How do I get my body as aesthetically pleasing as I can in six months without going to the gym? We have some gear in the shed like bench press shit but I cant really get much else going right now because I dont have a job and we live in the back end of nowhere.
>>
>>41437046
bulk heh I'm 6'2" and 97kgs and lost bodyfat (17% atm from 20% at 90kg) while bulking for about 6 mths

also heavy weights, food and rest makes you strong not cutting
>>
>>41437281
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
>>
>>41437518
do calisthenics and get lean aka eat at a deficit, do 1.8-2.2g of protein intake per kg
>>
After doing SL for several months, and now adding more dumbbell and isolation excercsies, I have a weird habit.

on EVERY exercise I do ( like bicep cable curls, lat pulldowns, dumbbell ohp, ..etc )
I would do only 5 reps of the heaviest weight I can do ( for several sets ).

It has been working well for me and I am increasing the wrights from week to week.. So what do you guys think about it ?

For some reason, the 5 reps with the heaviest weight feel just right.
>>
>>41437547
it's the same as doing 3x8

I much prefer doing 3x8 on my acessories to not stress my joints too much
>>
>>41437291
widen your grip so forearms vertical at bottom and make sure bar path is vertical
>>
>>41428585
Plateauing on bench press is common for a lot of people.
There are generally 4 solutions.
>fix your sticking points
Your sticking points, where the bench fails, indicates which parts of your chest/arm/delt musculature is assymetrically weak.
If your chest is disproportionately weak then you have a low sticking point, like from the chest to about six inches above.

If you have a weak lateral head on your tricep, then your sticking point will be in the middle of the bench press, from six inches until right before lockout.
If your medial tricep head is weak then you stick at the lockout.
>inb4 before broscience
>I am kiniseo
I think about accessories as tools to address assymetrical weakness. This makes it so I don't plataeu until I get close to my genetic potential
>140 lbs, 5'8 250 lb bench, 15% bf

Problem 2
Form
Look up form videos, push through your heels with your legs pulled under you. Squeeze the bar together with your pecs at the top of the lift. Pinch shoulderblades together. Breath down into your stomach while dropping the weight. Breath 1/2 air out while pushing, 1/2 out at top.

Not enough hypertrophy training. Your ability to lift many sets and reps can be trained just like strength training. Consider dropping the set/rep count and lift heavier, or lighten the weight for more reps until you actually can do 145 for your expected reps.

Not training strength. 3-6 are maximum reps for building strength properly. 4 reps is scientifically the most effective way to build strength, if supplemented by hypertrophy training (6-8) reps every other bench day.

You can't lift the weight. Drop down the weight. Don't ego lift. Take more time in between sets.

Hope this novel helps.
>>
>>41437457
So what's with that cardio in the end? Can i run for an hour and won't lose my gains?
>>
>>41435821
bumping question
>>
>>41437527
Won't I look fat if I start bulking when I have barely any muscle at 90kg?
>>
>>41437518
just do bench press, power cleans and press and deadlifts like so (3 sets 5 reps):

A: bench, deadlift
B: clean and press, deadlift

alternate and do 3 times a week
>>
Is alternating between SL and C25K everyday a good idea?
>>
>>41435821
cut while lifting. he's a n00b so will get gainz easy still. lose 1-2lbs a week until abs show up, then gain 1-2lbs a week until they go away, then rinse/repeat
>>
>>41437578
>lose my gains

if you rub a goose egg on your daughters belly will it stop her from getting pregnant?
that's what "lose my gains" sounds like

>human body
>hmm, looks like he did another type of exercise
>shut OFF all muscle growth
>>
I want to follow a Upperbody/Lowerboddy routine but I don't want my legs to grow(in size) anymore

how the fuck do I do this? My job requires fancy pants that fit properly so I can't have mega quads nor do I enjoy that aesthetic much, and I can't buy a new pair and get it tailored every 3 months
>>
>>41437542
>>41437571
cheers guys
>>
>>41437591
If you're strength training at same time your muscle should increase faster than fat, so you'll get bigger but not noticeably change in appearance until you start getting leaner. As long as training strength highly unlikely your body fat %ge will go up much and muscle mass will also make cut easier in future because your resting metabolic rate will increase
>>
it's been about a year since i last lifted. before that, i lifted 4-5x weekly for about 2 years straight. in that time i went from about 6' 205lbs 12% bf to a fat fucking blob at 250lb.

will i get noob gains again / be able to see body changes quickly? or is it going to take about the same time it did when i first started lifting to see drastic results. this is assuming i do everything right.
>>
I want to get juicy traps, I know a football/soccer player(he was natty and shredded as fuck, those greek aesthetics of a small chest but with a really good core) and he had sick traps, he did power cleans and I guess they came from there, too bad I can't perform them properly(the catching part) and the dude isn't living here anymore so I'm fucked

are rack pulls above the knee the way to go like the alphamanlet says or a meme?
>>
>>41437607
will slow both coz recovery split between strength and endurance
>>
Hello /fit/. I started to do SS just a few days ago. I go to gym 5 times a week and try to add weight each rep. I can deadlift 165lb, squat 155lb but I can only bench 95lb. Is that normal? I am 5'8 and 178lb.
>>
Whats a good website for counting calories?
>>
>>41437647
Thanks man
>>
are stomach vacuums a meme
>>
>>41437687
> I go to gym 5 times a week and try to add weight each rep
> SS

What the fuck
>>
Best program for getting stronger? I don't want TM because It is Too much oriented on lower body. Was thinking about sheiko
>>
>>41437878
I do deadlifts and squat at the beginning then I target 1 muscle group each day. Is it bad?
>>
File: matt kroc cross-dressing.jpg (403KB, 922x579px) Image search: [Google]
matt kroc cross-dressing.jpg
403KB, 922x579px
>>41437627
work multiple uppers a week and only one lower a week to maintain, and keep the lower mostly low-reps without a lot of accessory work. Lyle's Generic Bulk or AWorkoutRoutine's Muscle Builder.
> UxLxUxx
> UxULxUx

>>41437591
>>41437647
>strength training at same time your muscle should increase faster than fat
provided you don't gain weight too fast. you can only build so much muscle at a time, so bulk gaining weight slowly like 1-2lbs a week at the most, slower if you're strong already

>>41437655
probably quicker for building strength. muscle memory is real.
normally I say only lose 1-2lbs a week when cutting but with 45lbs to lose you can probably cut 3lbs a week plus for a couple of weeks crash diet to start

>>41437669
kroc rows build juicy traps (pic related)
everything alphamanlet says is shit
just do lots of heavy shrugs at the end of a couple of workouts a week

>>41437967
yes that's bad, the program is 3x a week
also about 65% of your squat is average for bench in IPF classic division, and it ranges from 55% to 80% depending on the lifter. people worry about this shit too much, everybody is built different, you're also a fucking beginner so as you build better technique your ratios will change, 95/155 is 61% no problem
>>
>>41433871

biceps curls, dumbell bench press, front and lateral raises, shoulder press, maybe hammer curls are all you need for otter mode.

maybe add some pullups, dips and pushups and you're good to go.
>>
I cleaned up my diet a few weeks ago, dropped a lot of the junk food I was eating and ever since, I've become slightly light-headed and losing my balance more often than before.

What's happened? Am I low on blood sugar or something else? I'm calorie counting and at a mild caloric deficit, but I've not experienced anything like this before.
>>
>>41438310
Thank you. Should I decrease 3x a week or can I do cardio on 2 days?
>>
>>41438310
would it be too much to do deadlifts and squats on lower day? or cycle like one week deads other squats

thought about using lower day for deadlifts(1x5) squats (3x5) then extra ab work, hyperextensions for dat dere lowerback strength and health and other meme stuff like shrugs too
>>
is Solitary Fitness - Charles Bronson good for a long term workout? stuff in it like wrists pushups makes me think it'll do damage long term is it all safe long term?
>>
>>41438396
You can do cardio on your off days, but a beginner strength program works best with certain types. Incline walking on a treadmill for 20-30 min plus, bicycling, elliptical, all work well because they don't have much impact or eccentric so they don't make you too sore.

If you run, keep the runs short between workouts unless you have an extra day off like a Sat morning run of 3 miles and your next workout is Mon weights. By short I mean something like gassers or track work (run the straights, walk the curves, do a total of 4-8 laps at most) or stuff at "mile pace" like 200m or 400m repeats, or a couple of miles at an easy pace. Long runs at hard paces don't allow your legs to rest, and your legs need rest when you're squatting three times a week.

Avoid using shit like the rower for cardio when you're on a beginning strength program, you don't need to wear out your lower back.
>>
>>41438632
If you use a lot of big compounds for lower day, I'd stick to UxLxUxx for the schedule, because those have a whole-body impact. If you're doing it only once a week, I see no problem with squats and deads and abs and hypers and shrugs on that day. Always squat before doing deads, though.

>>41438668
If you're looking for home calisthenics, try Convict Conditioning, just do the six moves every workout, 3-4x a week, or try RCAF 5BX which takes very little time and is done daily.
>>
>>41428585
my cardio is pretty shit but my friend needs a mountain biking partner, what should I do to get better cardio before I start up
>>
>>41438805
thanks, I really just want to squat once for maintenance and keep deadlifting because it's fun and build my spinal erectors really well
>>
So I went pretty hard on Friday, overhead press and dips and rows, oh my, then swimming, also have some life stress.

Woke up yesterday with a hellacious knot about 1/3 the way down my shoulder blade near where it meets the spine, been getting better but still hurts.

Today would be bench/pull ups/more swimming, but I'm thinking of giving it another day, except I'm busy tomorrow and wouldnt' make it in until Tuesday.

Should I work it out or wait for it to heal?
>>
File: IMG_4323.jpg (55KB, 374x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4323.jpg
55KB, 374x669px
>>41430722
What BF percentage do I look like and when can I expect to see my abs start to pop
>>
File: IMG_4321.jpg (188KB, 750x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4321.jpg
188KB, 750x1136px
>>41439014
Didn't mean to reply to anyone but oh well
>>
>>41439014
do ab wheels and hanging leg raises(these help building "bulkier" abs which make them pop out easier) and lose more weight/fat
>>
>>41439048
Any idea what my BF is?
>>
File: IMG_4357.png (138KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4357.png
138KB, 750x1334px
Would this be a good an Routine for my off days I'm on a 3 Day split
>>
>>41428585
i just ate 550 cal worth of wingstop wings (10) this puts my total cal at 1100 for today and they're 49% fat, how much is this going to set me back
>>
Is 5/3/1 a good program?
>>
>>41439241
no. don't do a whole bunch of abs on your off days. do abs at the end of workouts. if on a split, do on lower days.

most of those are good moves except the kettlebell meme shit, but many are redundant, why do pulsup and vup, just do one or the other, same with reverse crunch and leg raises. honestly the cable moves are the best
>>
>>41439292
>my total cal at 1100 for today
probably die of influenza like that desu
>>
>>41439422
I dont understand this meme, im a novice to this. i usually eat 800 a day and burn 400 running
>>
>>41439417
no. it sucks, and is a cheap ripoff of the high school football program wendler had to do when he was a player. old farts like me who have seen it all before laugh at wendler. he's a money-grubbing jew.

If you want to be strong and/or powerlift, look in Practical Programming at the various split versions of texas method, he has a bunch of versions which bench twice a week. http://dropcanvas.com/lg74t

If you want looks, do Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine.
>>
>>41431940
cheers
>>
>>41439476
what would be a better one? is there another program that is good or no? thank
>>
>>41439448
So you usually have a net calorie intake of an infant.
>>
Should I be feeling sore after each workout?

Should I be adding weight to my accessory lifts each workout?
>>
>>41439605
Um, I made suggestions in the response above and even provided a link to a pirate copy of Practical Programming.
>If you want to be strong and/or powerlift, look in Practical Programming at the various split versions of texas method, he has a bunch of versions which bench twice a week. http://dropcanvas.com/lg74t
Pick any of the 4x/week splits from the section on intermediate programming which bench twice a week, OR pick one of the 3-day Texas Method versions which bench twice a week, open the book and read.
If those take too much time, he has other stuff in the Starr Model/H-L-M section on intermediates that will give you ideas and have example programs.
ALL of them are better than wendler's shit.
> If you want looks, do Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine.
Lyle's routine is on his forum at his site bodyrecomposition.com. Over at AWorkoutRoutine.com there is a similar upper/lower bodybuilding program called the Muscle Builder Split and it is good.
>>
>>41439686
Not really. It's common to be sore when starting/restarting, or when adding exercises, and usually people don't get sore once they've been working out regular, but soreness doesn't mean anything really.

Accessory lifts, keep enough weight on them to make them tough but not a challenge to finish. Don't be anal about how to progress them, but don't ignore them and be doing the same weight six months from now, either.
>>
>>41439690
is very good routine lyle mcDonald? Practice programing is a good book aswel
>>
>>41439613
i guess? im afraid to eat more.
>>
Is there any point to following a routine on a cut instead of just doing whatever exercise that burns the most calories? It's my understanding that there's no way for muscles to grow if you're eating under your TDEE
>>
>>41439898
RIP
>>
>>41440108
is it really that bad? my personal trainer said to eat 1200, so i just went for 800
71 pounds in 6 months
>>
>>41440122
Your PT already gave you too little probably (I guess you're a grill? would be even worse if you're a guy) and you're eating another third less than even that. If you're active you absolutely need to eat properly and plenty. If you're getting close to your goal weight even more so. If you're breaking down your muscle during exercise and don't eat enough to repair it fully what do you guess will happen longterm? You'll reduce your muscle mass.
>>
>>41440153
Nope, man.
5'11 174 pounds, i just want to get abs and have aesthetics, my health can go fuck itself. you're right though, i'm just afraid if i eat more calories ill gain or backtrack because this shits been hard
>>
2 days ago I did real calves work for the first time. Raises 3x25 at 145lbs. the last 2 days have had DOMS like no other, and it is physically hard to walk and stand up.
Has anyone else been dumb and done what I did? Ive been stretching, and taking warm showers, but is this pain really just DOMS or have I injured myself?

Also can people fuck off with the 10+ sexual health threads?
>>
>>41428585
I do acroyoga with my gf 1x per week but I can't lift that morning because then my performance is shit (and I also feel weak as fuck). Can I somehow recover faster from my morning workout so I can leg press her for an hour in the afternoon? Will creatine help?
>>
I'm eating at a 500 calorie deficit because I'm cutting right now and I have football practice coming up too. So should I eat more to compensate for football or keep my deficit and increase it through practice?
>>
>>41429706
on what fucking planet is LA Fitness too expensive? I used to live in Scottsdale and it's like only $30 a month and there was plenty of equipment.
>>
>>41440501
as long as you're losing a pound a week it's all that matters. If you're losing more than a pound per week, increase calories. Less than that, decrease. There's almost no way to reliably predict exercise calories burned so you just have to play it by ear.
>>
how 2 git flexible?
>>
>>41428585
What kind of multivitamin should I use, any good brands, i dont know much about them
>>
seated OHP: should I start on the floor, clean the bar, and sit down or start from the uprights?
>>
>>41440777
Daily and after workouts.
>>
>>41440558
I aint got no $30 a month to spend, but that would be my first choice hands down.

I talked to them the other day and they wanted $36/month.
>>
>>41441177
>don't have $30 to spend per month
>in goddamn arizona

christ man do you only work part time?
>>
>>41441214
I haven't been able to find a job for a few months. My past job got discontinued and I've been using what's left of that.

I've even applied to the local fast food places and stores but I either never hear back or get a "we're sorry" type email.

I should probably just make some stuff to sell on like itch.io or something.
>>
>>41441249
Try a movie theater. They're always looking for help especially now that it's summer
>>
>>41428585
how do i progress my ohp? ive been stuck on 3x6 @ 55 lb dumbbells for 2 months now. i tried upping it to 60 lbs but i could only manage 3x3 or 3x4. i tried this for two weeks then went back to 55 lbs. still no improvement in reps as i'm stuck at 3x6.
>>
>>41441249
restaurants, gas stations, temp help places. i got a stupid comfy job last summer via temp help, sat at a computer listening to audiobooks while doing quality control on documents
>>
>>41440965
From the uprights.

>>41440882
Generic. Get a MV with minerals and definitely get one with iron, usually "women's" MV, if you're a woman who still bleeds monthly or if you do a lot of cardio. Also with calcium if a woman or if lactose intolerant or otherwise don't get a lot of calcium.
Generally speaking a cheap MV+minerals and some fish oil or omega 3-6-9 or flax oil, and maybe calcium depending on your circumstance, are cheap decent supps to make sure you're not deficient, especially if dieting.
>>
What's a good substitute for lifting shoes(too expensive)? I have fairly good running shoes but they're too soft
>>
>>41441915
chucks have always been recommended and they're like 30-50 bucks depending on location.
>>
File: 5-14-17.jpg (489KB, 1390x2102px) Image search: [Google]
5-14-17.jpg
489KB, 1390x2102px
I am 21 year old male 5'11" and 138 lbs

Should I cut or bulk? I have no idea what to do. I can see my own ribs yet I have a disgusting fat stomach. Being in this disgusting body pains me everyday. I have a routine ready and diet I just don't know if I should bulk to gain mess or cut to get rid of the nasty fat in my stomach and breast areas
>>
File: IMG_20170429_100029.jpg (109KB, 678x1093px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_100029.jpg
109KB, 678x1093px
>>41442129
another pic from side
>>
>>41442129
>>41442138
jesus christ. skinnyfat strikes again!

m8 you're best off bulking but you probably won't start looking "ideal" until after your first cut. You shouldn't cut because clearl you have a low, low, low bodyfat, I'm guessing 9% or 10% based on that picture. But you have absolutely zero muscle definition which is the main reason you look so shit.

Start bulking and do it clean. Aim for 1 lb per week and start lifting on a beginner program like SS or SL5x5.
>>
Push day 1 - 3x5 BP, 3x8-12 OHP, 3x8-12 Incline DB Press, + other accessories
Push day 2 - 3x5 OHP, 3x8-12 BP, 3x8-12 Landmine press, + Other accessories

Should I just do Incline DBs both days and drop landmine press? Is there anything to gain from the landmine press that I can't get from the incline db press?
>>
>>41428585
how much of a disservice are you doing to yourself by working out at home rather than a gym?

is it possible to make decent/significant strength gains from home workouts?
>>
>>41442129
eat at maintenance and lift for 3 months. reassess after that. do NOT listen to people who say bulk right off the starting line. you WILL get fatter. i know because i also started off as a skinnyfat fuck.
>>
I worked out 36 hours ago. My muscles feel fine, should I hit the gym again?
>>
Anyone have any good advice on working out the rear delt and the rotator cuff muscles to avoid cuff issues? Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>41428585
Being fat is pretty deece. Been lifting for 4 months and I'm pushing 210.
>>
>>41428585
Talk to me about cable crunches /fit/, worth doing? And also, anybody got results or pictures to share?

Reddit seems to orgasm over them, but then, they're reddit so I don't trust them.
>>
>>41443012
few years back, only people I ever saw doing them were immigrants/refugees or w/e, I called them weighted prayers
>>
>>41442808
he has absolutely no muscle mass, he's going to gain fat no matter what. Skinnyfat is the worst point to start from but at his BF% level getting muscle is the best option. Just don't be a dumbass and eat a bunch of terrible food to bulk, or leanbulk.
>>
>>41442910
there comes a point where DOMS stop, you're not going to feel them every time you go to the gym. Matter of fact, there comes a time when you're basically not going to feel them for months.
>>
>>41428585
I made a thread about this yesterday but everyone just called me a shill. What's the difference between whey protein and whey isolate? Also, what are some good MyProtein flavors? I've heard some of them taste like dogshit and I'd like to avoid that
>>
File: life.jpg (20KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
20KB, 500x400px
What would happen if the only way you worked out was doing push-ups everyday?
>>
>>41443012
Lyle McDonald seems to like them, too. So IMO that's a point in their favor.

>>41443284
>whey protein and whey isolate
Isolate is a subset of the superset of whey proteins. Different stages of processing between "concentrate" and "isolate." Read here http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/whey-protein-isolate-vs-concentrate-vs-hydrolyzed/

>>41442963
Do pullups and bentover rows (overhand grip) on a regular basis, overhead press a session a week, and if you bench press more than twice a week, make a session lighter or use an alternate form (board press, close grip).
>>
>>41443284
generally whey protein is the cheapest form of protein powder. It's derived from milk runoff (whey) and that's why it's so cheap. Isolate goes through another process that lessens the carbs and increases protein, but the process costs a bit more.

I think it goes a scoop of regular whey will give you 20-24g or protein depending on brand while isolate will give you 24-28g per scoop. Overall the difference isn't worth the price increase unless you really really need those specific macros (which almost everyone can work around anyways.)

TL;DR
it's got a bit less carbs and a bit more protein but is also more pricey.

MyProtein sucks and their shit tastes like ass and mixes like shit. They're shilled heavily on this board due to marketers infesting the board about a year ago and it being the absolute cheapest "quality" whey. They get their product due to either a loophole or tax situation in the UK so they get it for really really cheap.

I have not tasted any flavor by them I've liked and I would gladly pay $15-20 more a tub if it doesn't taste like total ass. I would not recommend them.

>>41443418
you would be able to do more pushups after a few weeks
>>
>>41443284

Here's my undertanding; may be brosciency so fact check it.

First off, your terms are mixed up. Protein powder is just powdered protein. It's processed from milk. THey evaporate the water until they're left with two powders, whey and caesine. They then basically treat it to be flavoured and tasty, and sell it.

Whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are the two types of powder. Concentrate is when the whey is concentrated. That means that there's some filler in there; usually sugars like dextrose or whatever, plus whatever was evaporated from the milk. You can read the contents on your tub to find out.

Whey protein isolate is more expensive, because it's a longer process. They actually isolated the whey from milk, so there's less fillers and stuff in there. Again, read the label. A lot of the ones I've personally seen advertise having less than 5g of carbs per serve.

Anyway, tldr:

Whey protein concentrate is powdered gains along with some other filler stuff that came out during the process. Whey protein isolate is when they process it to get rid of some of that filler.
I go with concentrate; it's cheap and that's important to me.

As for myprotein, shop around. You can likely find it cheaper. But usually go with chocolate when trying a new powder. Avoid anything with "banana" or "peanut butter" in it's name. The more "exotic" a flavor, the less likely it'll taste good. Protein powder with skim milk (or regular milk, whatever is cheapest) usually tastes the best in my opinion.

Any more questions?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170514-172829.jpg (145KB, 1345x367px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170514-172829.jpg
145KB, 1345x367px
Is there anything glaringly wrong with this routine? I'm at an intermediate level, I did Texas Method a year ago and since switched to a Push/Pull routine (with squats on push day, P/Rest/Pl/Rest). I want to add a separate leg day in so I don't tire myself out before benching. In this routine legs come after the Push day in the first series so as to not be sore from doing heavy deadlifts two days beforehand.

I'm not worried about the accessory lifts but rather just the main structure of the routine.
>>
>>41443494
I forgot to add.

Caesine is another component of milk. Companies like GNC sell it as powder because apparently it's "slow release". I have no idea if that's true; I recommend you skip all that shit and go for whatever is cheap. Getting /fit/ shouldn't break the bank.
>>
>>41443460
That sounds pretty terrible, guess I'll just stick with Isopure; then again like >>41443494 said, this shit is cheap as fuck and I ain't made of money. 11lbs of this stuff costs the same as 3lbs of my usual stuff
>>
What do you guys think of allpros beginner routine? I dont have a spotter so I dont want to rep to failure. And I would rather not routine jump a bunch but I'm on week four and it feel too slow/easy.
>>
>>41443535
just gonna say right now, NEVER EVER buy in bulk of something you've never tried before. I bought 4 lbs of their strawberry cream whey and it tasted fucking disgusting and I was stuck with it for like 3 months.

If you're really looking for something cheap MyProtein is probably your best option, but give it a trial run before committing the cardinal sin.
>>
redpill me on cardio, postworkout or on rest days? I'm only going for 20-30 minutes of it max.
>>
>>41443535
Guy who said to buy cheap here; I recommend you get a few sample packs of it, or buy a small quantity first. I speak from experiene when I say there's nothing worse than a bigass tub of terribly nasty shit that you just spent all your expendable cash on.
>>
>>41443593
rest days, but only if you're not already working a job that has you on your feet.
>>
Will yohimbine hcl work on someome who is 14-15% body fat? Or must you be leaner to see visual results
>>
>>41443560
IMO too many exercises for one day. And there's not much point in periodizing volume like that for a beginner.

Just split it up into a linear push-pull-rest. Only worry about mixing up volume when you stall on linear gains.
>>
File: nakedMass.jpg (179KB, 1463x2048px) Image search: [Google]
nakedMass.jpg
179KB, 1463x2048px
Anyone try this? Results?
>>
>>41428585
Best 5 day routine for someone who is lifting for the first time in 2 years? (When i left i was closer to intermediate than to beginner)
>>
>>41443496
I ran a mixed PPL like this for about a year and it did fantastic things for my deadlift. But I always had issues getting bench up with it.

I'd recommend either replacing one of the rest days with another push day, or combining a leg-push into one day every once in a while. Just something so you're pushing more than once every 4 days.
>>
>>41443746
> best 5 day routine
> after a 2 year layoff
No such thing. Take a month or 2-3 and run a beginner progression starting with 5s that are moderately stressful for you, and THEN find an intermediate program.

>>41443511
Casein actually is a slower-to-digest protein, it is very good for taking before bed if you're gonna work out fasted in the morning. However, like most supplements, it is optional.
>>
>>41443790
So which would you reccomend, i really lost all of my fitness knowledge. A quick google search gives ICF as the most recommended however i think it looks too easy, what about PHUL?
>>
>>41443761
Thanks. I'm not too worried about my bench weight at present; I can bench well over my bodyweight and almost as much as I squat. I also have an upper-body-utilizing labor job that has always allowed me to maintain strength away from the gym. Will definitely feel it out and see what works though.
>>
Do dick pumps like bathmate work? Am I being memed?
>>
>>41443877
there is no legitimate way to grow or extend a penis. Do not listen to anyone who suggests otherwise. Best case scenario you have a longer flaccid penis that doesn't work as well. Worst-case: you give yourself ED and can't use your penis for the rest of your life.

If there were legitimately a way to grow the penis the average size would be 7-8 inches by now.
>>
File: 1484679183868.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484679183868.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
I have tendinitis in my elbow and it has effected my lats, one is slightly larger. Any way to even them out?
>>
>>41443790
I'm aware of that, and I definitely agree with the "option" part. The dude asking questions probably doesn't need to worry aboyt slow release stuff; it's expensive and likely won't help him more than regular whey. But casein (fuck, I kept spelling it wrong didn't I?) is pretty interesting.

>>41443806
Not that anon, but I would recommend ICF. It's a lot of fun. I'm on it right now and making gains pretty steadily. Faster than when I was on PHAT, however I admittedly wasn't very rigourous with PHAT.

PHUL and PHAT are both quite well regarded. I still recommend doing ICF, but they're both also good choices. Especially if you prefer a split. ICF isn't that easy though; I'd recommend you try both for 2-3 weeks a piece and see what you prefer. ICF has less time training, but expects you to train all the more harder because of it. I'm hitting a squat pr literally ever session, however that could be because I'm returning to lifting after a while.
>>
>>41443806
>>41444056
ICF is basically Starting Strength with some accessories IIRC. It's a fine start. Get comfortable with the weights the first week or so then ramp up fairly quickly, when you start to hit your limits for the sets/reps then get onto an intermediate program.

My recommendations for those are here >>41439476
>>
>>41444083
I think ICF may be very easy because on my 2 year break i would every once in a while go to the gym for a week or 2 and i was following PHUL which i sort of enjoyed however i was clueless as to how should i be adding more weight and when to do so. Another reason for not wanting to go with ICF is the amount of squatting.
Lift big= get big i get it but aren't your recomendations focused more on strength than hypertrophy which is what i think i want?
>>
>low carb diet for 3 weeks
>2-3kg weight loss
>this week been sleeping 10-11 hours (8-9 normal)

Are these two things related?
Should I give up weightloss to function as a human bean?
>>
parallel/neutral grip pullups

what the fuck do they do vs other pull ups?

If all I have access to is a pull up bar at home, will a neutral grip pull up be good for building fore arms? I feel it hits me the hardest there vs chin ups and standard pull ups.
>>
>>41444119
My recommendation for size was in the linked post. It is Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine, which is an upper/lower split. There is a thread on his forum with every possible question or answered and a lot of variations presented. AWorkoutRoutine.com's Muscle Builder Split is also very good.

I'm in the habit of saying "if you want this, go there, if you want that, go here, etc." when answering questions if I'm not sure what people want. Which is why I presented the two most likely options.

BTW with PHUL or almost any other program, you can usually progress with the old SS model of "make the reps, add 5lbs next session, didn't make the reps, deload 5-10% next session." Or you can do a rep range, whatever your weight is, go from (example) 10 reps to 12 reps each set, and then add weight and go back to 10 reps. For something like that, add 2-3% to the weight for each rep you're dropping.
>>
>>41444202
parallel bothers some people's elbows less.
pronated aka pullups works the rotator cuff muscles better.
supinated aka chinups work the biceps better.
ALL are good for forearms because grip, if you feel one better in the forearms than another then go for it. but if you do a lot of bench pressing heavy, have some regular pullups in your rotation, or do some rows with pronated grip, or do some facepulls or something.
>>
>>41444260
Got it. I think i will stay with PHUL because i am now familiar with it, just following your progression tip. How about 3 months with this and then switching to one of your recomended?
>>
>>41444307
Also i feel really dumb but progression should apply to every exercise or just to DL, Squat, Bench and OHP?
>>
>>41429246
Are you being physically detained by said pets or something? I'm sure they will still be alive by the end of your workout
>>
>>41444139
Anyone?
>>
>>41444307
Sounds fine to me.

>>41444376
You should try to progress the weights in every exercise, but you should also prioritize and not be autistic about it. Focus primarily on the big compound lifts early in the workouts, and worry less about the auxiliary and accessory lifts, and the isolation stuff, later in the workout. Have a system or rule for adding weight consistently to the big lifts, a rule that should push you to try harder. For the other stuff, it's enough to just add weight whenever you notice it feels "light" to you.

>>41444139
Yes, sometimes dieting and especially low-carb dieting can lead to a loss of energy. Try adding back in some carbs a little at a time and counting your calories to ensure continued weight loss.
>>
>>41444671
Thanks
>>
I have a question about protein intake. Should I eat around 1g/kg bodyweight over the course of a day or shortly before/after lifting? Or is it irrelevant?
>>
>>41445010
1g per pound is too much, you'll never need more than 0.8g per pound
>>
>>41445054
Oh shit, I was absolutely sure it was 1g/kg the whole time. Welp, it appears that I was getting enough protein anyway.
>>
>>41445064
He wrote per pound...

More protein=better
Do not over do it and yes, studies hae shown, that pst workout protwin is benefical for hypertrophy.
>>
>>41444139
Try electrolytes capsules, more salt and/or some carbs before bed
>>
britbong skellyfag here, what's a good brand of protein powder? Also how do I stop being a lazy shit?
>>
>>41445125
Myprotein powders are great. Cheap too.
Discipline. With time it becomes a habit. Like brushing your teeth. Something you just do.
>>
File: 10530943-2084357599234105.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
10530943-2084357599234105.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
How do I make my protein powder taste better? I'm starting to go off my Strawberry Cream Myprotein powder, but I've got a fair but left, and I don't want to waste it.
>>
>>41428585
If 1g per lbs is the target for protein intake when bulking, what about carbs and fats?
>>
How can people spend more than 1 hour in the gym? Im new to this but ill only be in the gym for 45 minutes tops.

Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>41445875
Waah my protein is yucky :(((
You ain't eating for taste, you eating for the protons 4 SCOOPS CMON
>>
>>41445911
Yeah most people like to fart around between sets/excercises. If your intensity is on point keep on keeping on.
>>
>>41445927
So you're saying that you'd eat literal shit every single day if it gave you protein?
>>
>>41445943
I have.
It's called Megabol Tiramisu flavoured protein powder.
>>
3 plate squat is 270 pounds? 4 plate deadlift is 360?? How the fuck will I ever do this? I'm squatting with two 20 pound dumbbells and I don't feel like I'll ever make it.
>>
>>41445957
4pl8 deadlift is actually 396.832 pounds.
3pl8 squat is 308 pounds

Don't sweat it, seems impossible atm, but that's just part of the journey.
Keep your head down and lift.
>>
>>41446013
It seems impossible to get there with bodyweight and some dinky dumbbells..
>>
>>41446043
Yeah no shit sherlock
>>
I brought my mom out yesterday for mothers day to a breakfast restaurant. The waitress was cute with a nice ass, and I recognized her but I didn't know where from, I started to pay for our meals and she asked "do you workout at _____" I knew I recognized her from somewhere, I told her that i do And she gave me her name. I told her that i saw her around the gym too and gave her my name. Anyways, I added her on Facebook later that night and she accepted my request. Should I message her? She seems nice
>>
Chinups make my pinky and adjacent finger feel like I hit a nerve ,how can I stop this?
>>
Where do I actually start measuring to determine shoulder width accurately? Where the clavicle connects to my scapula or where the arms end?
>>
Need to bulk. Am new to fit. Should i go with what the sticky says?
>>
So I just moved out and am unable to go to the gym for awhile. I have a dumbell and 24kg kettlebells and am gonna do one of Kubik's dumbell routines to get back into working out in the morning. At this point I am not concerned about hitting every muscle group or aesthetics, moreso just getting my diet in order and being healthy. What do you guys think of this routine for the am?
Dumbell Swing-5x1
Military Press-5x5
Bent Row-3x10
Lunge-3x10
Anyone else read Kubik's DB book? Tips?
>>
Can I make gains with only Bench/Rows/Squat and arm isolations?

Have fucked up neck/traps and cannot do anything overhead for a few months...
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 233x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 233x407px
I've been gaining weight for over 1.5 years to escape skelly mode
and I did get bigger but I started to notice a im starting to go on the chubby side, built but chubby
So starting a cut seems reasonable to me right now, however it's my first cut so should I just lower the calories and keep the routine as it is or do I need to change shit other than intake
>>
What do I eat to improve my gut bacteria?
>>
Why the fuck are my forearms that shape.

Sorry I couldn't remain anon, my gf took the picture and my phone won't allow me to edit it for whatever reason.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.