[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear Vegans, Why are you a vegan? Sincerely, everyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 15

Dear Vegans,

Why are you a vegan?

Sincerely, everyone else
>>
I wouldn't imagine you would feel to great after eating that.
>>
>>41427642
This, way to much cheese.
>>
Because they would rather subject every chicken, cow, pig, fish, and countless other creatures we farm for consumption to complete extinction instead of allowing them to simply exist to be eaten.
>>
File: 1484889574274.gif (1MB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1484889574274.gif
1MB, 250x198px
>>41427691
Oooh, that's slippery anon, your reasoning seems sound
>>
>>41427540
would you still eat that after watching the living cow being slaughtered in front of you?

if so, go ahead and eat it
if not, you're just a faggot who would die in case you had to hunt for a living
>>
>>41427739
It's not that big of a deal, I grew up on a farm.
>>
>>41427739
>he's never gone hunting for his dinner

women should be banned from 4chan
>>
Should be banned from public period. Saudi Arabia knows the score.
>>
>>41427540
1) consuming animal products is UNNECESSARY. Main reason.
2) do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Hint: sentient beings qualify as others)
3) GHG emissions of animal agriculture, deforestation, water footprint etc
Bonus:
Have you tried any veganized dishes? Like non dairy milk, ice cream or other sweets, replacing whey with pea or rice protein, replacing meat with seitan, tempeh or tofu? Have you ever tried falafel wrap in pita bread with fatoush and babaganoush?

Seriously, don't go vegan. Don't. It's gay. But at least try some veganized versions of dishes you like first. You just might like it. And if you stick with the change, literally everyone wins except the meat Jew.
>>
>>41427717
>cows, chickens, and other animals have all been bred to be as big and juicy as possible
>form over function
>much weaker evolutionary speaking to literally any other animal
>get absolutely slaughtered after releasing them
>>
>>41427691
>simply exist to be eaten
thats where you, and 90% of vegetarians and specially vegans are wrong. we dont simply EAT animals. they are used for ALL sorts of shit.

yes, you and other vegetarians can drop meat, but I bet my motherfucking ass that you CANNOT live without all the other products that come from animals.

>guitar strings
can you live without music?

>makeup and other health/aesthetic products tested on animals
can ladies live without it?

fucking hypocrite
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (116KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
116KB, 720x480px
>>41428357
>>41427691
>>
>>41427540
>Why are you a vegan?
I feel eventually I'll be vegan.
Why? Because I don't want to add to the suffering of the world by hurting living things.
>>
File: dumbass2.jpg (76KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass2.jpg
76KB, 500x415px
>>41427691
>>41428357
>>
>>41427739
I've seen animals get slaughtered and even killed some myself, not even a big deal
>>
>>41428383
oh, you can't live with the suffering, but can you live without these?

>>41428369
>>41428384
>>
>>41427839
>unnecessary

False, vegans who don't take supplements have a very high chance of dying before they turn 50.
Repeat after me
OM-NI-VORE
>>
>>41427839

1. I bet you do a lot of unnecessary things in your life you retarded bigot.

2. I would eat a beat because a bear would eat me. Refute wild animals killing me. Try those mental gymnastics.

3. You don't think mass farming also has an impact on the environment? If the entire world switched to a plant based diet how much land do you think is required to feed everyone? Hint: more than a chicken coop

There is no reason to go vegan besides personal preference. That's it. Anything else is the "i'm holier than thou" route and you're a faggot trying to push beliefs on other people.

/thread
>>
File: 1494430821162.jpg (279KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494430821162.jpg
279KB, 1280x1280px
I swear to fucking christ, if that giant ass reply with all those retarded blogs gets posted, I'm done.

>Why are you a vegan?

-Health, since going vegan, my health has improved. I've lost fat, got rid of my IBS and vomiting, improved blood markers, and overall feel healthier
-Ethical, I'm not super hardcore about this, but I love animals, and I found it hypocritical of me to say I love animals when I used to eat them, hence I stopped
-The environment, you can reduce your carbon footprint significantly by ceasing animal product consumption. Animal agriculture is causing more climate change than all the cars on Earth

Even if you don't care about any of these things, the real question is why would you want to eat the dead carcass on something that lived in it's own feces for it's short existence of being pumped with hormones and chemicals and antibiotics? (i.e. factory farmed meat)
>>
>>41428421
>Even if you don't care about any of these things, the real question is why would you want to eat the dead carcass on something that lived in it's own feces for it's short existence of being pumped with hormones and chemicals and antibiotics?

That applies to plants more than anything else you turbo fucking autist

"I dun harm the animels im le good guy xd"
Kys
>>
>>41427739

If anything this would entice me more to eat it

>tfw western liberal bitch never hunted her own food

Stay pleb, you cunt
>>
>>41428421
me too same reasons. Also now after being vegan for a year its hard to imagine going back to eating dairy and meat. It sounds disgusting, and food has never tasted better. Also it only affected my gainz positively, im low body fat% all year no effort.
>>
>>41427739
>Shoot deer
>Ate it the next day

I do this like 4 times a year. I have no problem killing animals to feed myself and my family.
>>
>>41428451
Plants don't live in their own feces because they don't have excrement. Is your argument about GMOs? Because those aren't a big deal, or do you mean pesticides?

>I dun harm the animels im le good guy xd

Didn't say anything like that, faggot
>>
>>41427739
At least pretend you are vegetarian because of environmental issues. This is just beyond pathetic.
>>
>>41428459
The majority of consumers don't hunt for their meat. Even if they did, shooting a deer from 100ft away with a high powered rifle doesn't make you a man, it makes you a pussy little bitch. Don't get me wrong, if you ran up to that sucker and stabbed it in the neck with a knife or something, you know what, fair game. But don't claim to be some badass when more than likely you're shooting a defenseless animal while putting yourself in no danger at all.

Pussy
>>
>>41428451

>"I dun harm the animels im le good guy xd"

Having a sense of empathy is pretty bomb and anyone who avoids animal consumption for ethical/environmental reasons should give themselves a pat on the back. People who avoid subsidizing a really messed up industry are definitely the "Good guys" in some facet.
>>
>>41428501
>weeeh, why has evolution created man
why not just end yourself?
>>
>>41428523
Not an argument, tard.

Buying meat at a grocery store does not make you any more of a man than anything else. Just an ignorant sheeple.
>>
>>41428537
Nobody has claimed that eating meat is a case of being a man. You finding it unmanly is not an argument either. FUck off
>>
>>41428407

I'm not the person you were talking to but just a couple of things:

The post said "do unto others as you would have done to you" which you are mistaking for "an eye for an eye" which is a bit different because you are applying your irresponsibility, or maybe your lack of awareness of your irresponsibility, to a term that assumes ownership and accountability.

If that doesn't make any sense let me define it for you:

treat others the way you want to be treated, not necessarily expecting that they will; in other words you must lead by example.

Next, mass farming of animals has much more impact on the environment than mass farming of plants and all you have to do is use simple logic: a cow needs water AND plants, a plant needs water; very easy math.

As for anything else I don't really care about your opinions but you should at least be accurate if you want to /thread a post.
>>
>>41428546
I didn't say eating it was unmanly and see
>>41428459
>>41427755

Uh yeah, that's implying you're not a man if you don't eat meat or hunt or it.
>>
>>41428451
Serious question, why are the people who eat meat to make it some sort of an identity so socially stunted? You sound like a teenager going through his edgy phase.
>>
>>41427739
>implying i havent killed and proceed dozens of animals that i later ate
>>
>>41427839
>Have you tried any veganized dishes?

I have. Some substitutes are good. Some are good, like nut milk. I use those. Some are good, but they cost too fucking much, like ice cream and some nut cheeses. I won't buy them until the price comes down. And most are shit. Seitan, as a replacement for meat? Fuck straight the hell off. No vegan wizardry, no matter how arcane, has ever turned wheat gluten into a melt-in-your-mouth pot roast, a rare seared duck liver or a sensuous crab leg.

Throw some more money at the in vitro meat researchers. I have no empathy for cows. I prefer population reduction as a sustainability strategy, over the vegan 'breed too many people, cram them into Soviet brutalist tenements and make them subsist on soy paste' strategy. Convincing substitutes at normal prices are your only chance to convert me.
>>
>>41428551
He is only mentioning hunting. Do you know how to read?
>>
>>41428577
Yeah, and then I said THE VAST MAJORITY OF CONSUMERS DO NOT HUNT FOR THEIR MEAT.

That's when you made the comment about evolution, which no shit, of course over billions of years we killed animals and evolved, but we're talking about the modern day here.
>>
>>41428407
Farming animals requires plant food. If everyone just ate plants, we would need less space for farming. That is a fact, do some research if you want.

Nobody wants to eat bear meat unless they have to, it tastes awful.

And just because vegans aren't 100% perfect,)doing only necessary things) doesn't mean they can't do some things right, it's not black or white.

I think everyone should be vegan, so the environment could benefit, except me because I dont want to.
>>
>>41427540
that looks awful
>>
File: precious marrow.jpg (77KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
precious marrow.jpg
77KB, 450x450px
>>41428421
>why would you want to eat the dead carcass on something that lived in it's own feces for it's short existence of being pumped with hormones and chemicals and antibiotics?

Because it's delicious.

>but it's icky poopy-poo!

You're acting like a toddler.
>>
>>41427540
Because I decided I don't want animals to systemically suffer and/or die for me to eat.

Also there are certain health benefits such as silky smooth shits every day
>>
>>41427540

Dear everyone else,

Because we're desperately seeking a way to feel superior.

Sincerely,

Vegans
>>
>>41428575
>No vegan wizardry, no matter how arcane, has ever turned wheat gluten into a melt-in-your-mouth pot roast, a rare seared duck liver or a sensuous crab leg.

Had some BBQ seitan steak tips that were actually bomb at a vegan restaurant. If you know what you're doing, you can make some great shit out of seitan.
>>
>>41428591
Thats because theyre unable or dumb. Most people dont refuse to hunt because of hypocritical ethical reasons.
>>
I'm not a vegan, I'm a strict vegetarian: no dairy, no meat, no eggs.

The reason I do it is for health and practical reasons because I engage in very strenuous exercise regimes that require nutrition and rest and the best way for me to recover is to adjust my diet according to my needs.

It just so happens that my needs guided my diet to what it is today. I also don't eat processed foods, anything with added sugar, etc.

but again, that's just me and eating is a personal choice that requires mindfulness of your body's reaction to particular foods. If you listen to your body you will change your diet according to what makes you feel good, the only difficulty with this is that you have to explore outside of your conventional eating boundaries. Try being a vegetarian, try fasting, try cutting things out of your diet and adding things to it, just try new shit.
>>
>>41428617
Strawman, yeah, I'm a toddler because I don't want to literally eat shit? Alright, next time you take a shit, go ahead and reach in the toilet and take a bite. It's not gross! Don't be a toddler, it's not "icky"

This is what you sound like
>>
>>41428591
>THE VAST MAJORITY OF CONSUMERS DO NOT HUNT FOR THEIR MEAT

So what? Welcome to the present day. We have this thing called 'specialization of labor'. Stop posting until you've built your own smartphone from minerals you mined yourself. Stop drinking almond milk until you've cultivated your own almond orchard.
>>
>>41428421
>implying most of us do "mental gymnastics" to justify eating meat.
Animals aren't sentient, literally subhuman. They exist for man.
>>
>>41428649
>anything that involved shit in its development is literally shit

Vegetables are cultivated in manure. You're a toddler and a hypocrite.
>>
>>41428639
This. Couldn't have said it better.
>>
I dont really care about the ethics but animal products are pretty bad for your health so I stick with plant based foods. also I feel way less lethargic when on a vegan diet.
>>
>>41428659
>missing the point this hard

My original post
>>41428501

The point I was making is that it's not manly to hunt and kill defenseless animals. And people don't hunt for their food, but idiots still spout this "meat is manly" bullshit, when in reality they buy their food at a grocery. I'm not saying specialization of labor is wrong or bad. The point is that eating meat, whether you hunted for it or not does not make you more manly
>>
>>41427739
berry picker as fuck
>>
>>41428689
>not understanding the difference between fertilizer and an animal's excrement that it lives in it's whole existence

You do know vegetables get washed, right?

>>41428667
Have you ever had a pet before? You ever have a dog and when you come home it gets super excited and wants to be around you and lick you? Animals, although not as intelligent as humans, are sentient. They have capacity for suffering.
>>
>>41428404
If you wanna talk about nutrition you should state your studies and sources, not spout random shit you got from a Daily Mail article.

If you're talking about B12, meat eaters would be deficient in it nowadays as well if it weren't for farm animals being pumped with B12 supplements. The vitamin is usually found in unfiltered water, dirt so no wonder we get it rarely from natural sources at this stage
>>
>>41428719
A dog is a pack animal, the "love" it feels for you is simply part of its pack animal instincts despite your anthropomorphisms.
>>
>>41428719
>You do know vegetables get washed, right?

You know meat gets washed, right?
>>
File: greedy-jew4.jpg (92KB, 879x608px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jew4.jpg
92KB, 879x608px
>yes goyim meat and milk are good for you! lots of vitamin b12 and calcium
>dont worry about cancer and heart disease, when you get to that bridge there is plenty of modern medicine to help with that. Just be sure to save up some extra money
>>
>>41428407
>I bet you do a lot of unnecessary things in your life
Yes, your point?
>you retarded bigot.
K
>2. I would eat a beat because a bear would eat me. Refute wild animals killing me. Try those mental gymnastics.
If a toddler breaks your vase because he was left unsupervised, will you break his toy in revenge? This is what you said.
>3. You don't think mass farming also has an impact on the environment? If the entire world switched to a plant based diet how much land do you think is required to feed everyone? Hint: more than a chicken coop
Oh fuck me sideways, it was bait. 9/10, fished a reply out of me
>There is no reason to go vegan besides personal preference.
There is no reason to follow dress code in business or university either
>That's it. Anything else is the "i'm holier than thou" route
But I literally am, I didn't call you names :^)
> push beliefs on other people
He said, in a thread roughly titled "why are vegans, vegans?"
>>
>>41428732
That doesn't justify killing and eating them
>>
Because meat producton is literally causing global warming at a fast rate
>>
>>41428750
>yes goyim meat and milk are bad for you!
>don't worry about the weakness and anemia, just vote for a bigger, stronger government to protect your frail self.
>>
File: kobe-beef_.jpg (135KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
kobe-beef_.jpg
135KB, 640x450px
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>41428791
>>
>>41428762
Why not? Everything exists as a tool for the sustenance and advancement of man. A pig can not create art, it can not write, it can not philosophize, it can not create great works of any kind. It does not matter, because nothing it does has any greater meaning.
>>
File: Euphoric_Tipper-1470894511.jpg (12KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric_Tipper-1470894511.jpg
12KB, 203x200px
>>41428819
>>
>>41428839
>oh shit I can't refute his point
>post a reddit-tier fedora maymay
>haha gotem
>>
>>41428819
Alright, I'm going to invoke an argument of Peter Singer (moral philosopher). So your claim is that because they're not intelligent to do those things you said then they're not worth moral consideration?

Okay, what about the severely mentally retarded? The severely mentally deranged? Basically, the argument is that these people also have virtually zero intellectual capacity (much like you claim animals to have, right?) . So by following your line of logic, is it okay to exploit and kill those mentally deficient people?

The answer is no, it's not acceptable to do that, nor is it acceptable to kill animals
>>
>>41428819
>Everything exists as a tool for the sustenance and advancement of man.
You exist for the sustenance and advancement of mr. Goldbergstein
>A pig can not create art,
Can you?
>it can not philosophize
Can you?
>it can not create great works of any kind.
Have you?
> It does not matter, because nothing it does has any greater meaning.
You do not matter because nothing you do has any greater meaning. Seriously. Wake up, go to school/work, find a girl, have a kid, eat, shit, lift, shitpost on 4chan, retire, die. A pig does these things too
>>
>>41428771

drinking milk and eating meat causes calcium deficiency

meat eaters get anemia too, dont be silly
>>
>>41428877
Same guy here, also get BTFO, nerd.
>>
>>41428848
Well if you need me to spell it out for you what you wrote was incredibly cringy. Art? Philosophy? why do these things have any inherent value? Im literally a philosophy major too so youre not gonna sell me on it, its all stupid as fuck. Nothing has meaning, that doesnt mean we shouldn't view life as precious
>>
>>41428888
meant for >>41428819
>>
>>41428877
>Okay, what about the severely mentally retarded? The severely mentally deranged?
I never argued these people shouldn't be culled.
>>41428878
Any randomly selected human has an infinitely greater chance of creating something with greater meaning, purpose, or function than a pig.
>>
>>41428888
>Quads
Carnicucks eternally btfo
>>
File: 1493397297596.png (427KB, 626x736px) Image search: [Google]
1493397297596.png
427KB, 626x736px
>>41428917
Define "meaning" or "purpose"
>>
File: 1487189607570.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487189607570.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>>41428917
>abstractions whos value is relative
>>
>>41428878
>shitpost on 4chan
>A pig does these things too

Sounds legit.
>>
>>41428942
Oh fuck, man is above pig because 4chan
Brb buying 10 pounds bacon
>>
>>41427540
Because they fail to realise that up until this point in human history it has been incredibly difficult to get a proper diet consuming only plants, and is only readily available and cheap in our nice comfy western world, ergo being vegan and healthy is a western nation privilege.

However, most of them do it just to get that feeling of satisfaction on their Instagram and Facebook when they berate people and get to feel all high and mighty for not eating meat, even though a hell of a lot of shit they take for granted wouldnt be possible without animals. Heck, without the massive amounts of manure we get from agriculture we wouldnt be able to grow more crops to sell to vegan hipsters in socal sucking down their mocca lattes.
>>
>>41428936
Acts that only a sentience could perpetuate, understand and appreciate; acts that serve a higher purpose instead of a basic survival instinct.
>>
>>41427540

Veganism: The tragedy of intentional moral calculators "for the greater good" who don't understand the disparate power a minority of humans have over the behavioral aspects of a majority of humans.

It'd be far better to create a culture of more intelligent and more empathic calculators than to pretend you are making a dent in the vast system of evil that is the world of entropy.

A mayor, a comptroller, and a few interests can decimate fields of aesthetic beauty (including the fauna and the biota) for money.

You aren't doing a damn dent to anything by refusing meat. You have a far better chance by understanding the nature of moral calculation and building machines that not only exert more power over human behavior but which discover moral principles and understandings which supersede the ones we, mere mortals, can calculate.
>>
>>41428980
> being vegan and healthy is a western nation privilege.
What is your point? You are privileged too,why not go vegan? That's stupid, that's like saying that you won't go to college because your dad couldn't afford it and you are too privileged
>However, most of them do it just to get that feeling of satisfaction
>>>Most
Personal bias doesn't count as a source
> a hell of a lot of shit they take for granted wouldnt be possible without animals
Citation needed
>Heck
Why are you on your dad's laptop?
>without the massive amounts of manure we get from agriculture we wouldnt be able to grow more crops
Lmao TIL only cow shit counts as a fertiliser
>What are synthetic fertilisers
>What is composting
>>
>>41428986
>Acts that only a sentience could perpetuate, understand and appreciate; acts that serve a higher purpose instead of a basic survival instinct.
Who says so?
Also
>A sentience
We should make ribs and tendies out of you
>>
>>41427540
Holy crap you just gave me colon cancer with that pic.
>>
>>41428980

you are describing humanity: the majority of people that are interested in something act like dicks and retards about it.

Think about it: religion, artists, food, exercise programs, clothing, hairstyles, video games, sports, sports teams, etc.

Boston fans are fucking degenerates; hockey fans are violent booze-hounds; sports fans are ineffectual man-boys attempting to relive the perception of former glory by vicariously living through athletes, etc.

the majority of people who exercise are retarded, the majority of people who do martial arts are fucking losers, and so on.

What you are saying is not insightful or even accurate because meat eaters are just as obnoxious as self-rightous vegans. I understand you feel a certain way but have some integrity when you argue, even though it is on the internet.
>>
>>41429028
CONT.

This mere world has been able to draw strength from a dying star in order to produce billions of moral calculators who attach different weights to different stimuli, different weights to moral principles, and different weights to speed and depth of calculation.

Where have you seen the Buddha at peace with all life? Which burning sword have you found that can strike down the phenomenal veil of Maya?
>>
>>41429051
Meaning and purpose are terms that only hold any meaning to man, you're free to challenge my definition.
>>
Because it's better for the environment. Animals have a huge carbon emission, and raising livestock boosts that like crazy.
Meat also just has less energy than plants, its basically just introducing a fatty middleman into your food.
But I really don't give a shit if other people eat meat, it's just my personal diet. Eat meat all you want, it sure does taste good
>>
>>41429091
>believing the climate meme
good goy
>>
>>41429098
Scientific studies?
Like I said, I don't care if you eat meat, do so if that's what makes you happy
>>
>>41429119
(((Science)))
>>
>>41429119
>Scientific studies?

You don't understand the methodologies used, you don't understand the math used, you don't understand the numerous amount of other hypotheses supported by other data sets, etc.

Climate change should be an issue of existential risk (It's far better to get an understanding now than later) but at the same time, the certainty of most people is the certainty of fools and certainty of the doomed.
>>
>>41429028
>Blah blah I opened a dictionary blah blah moral calculators blah blah vegans are the minority
We should all go vegan
>One person can't make a difference
Did I fucking stutter?
>You aren't doing a damn dent to anything by refusing meat.
Lmao yes, yes we absolutely are. Here, see how simple it is
>A city has 101 people
>Carrefour stocks 100 bottles of dairy milk and 1 bottle of oat milk every day
>They are all sold out every day
>One day, they only sell 99 bottles dairy milk and 1 bottle oat milk
>They keep buying 100 and 1 but the trend continues
>Because they want to make more money, they try stocking on 99+2 bottles
>All sold out next day
>After a while the dairy factory decides to breed only 99 cows because the 100th's milk goes to waste
>Less cows are bred and tortured, less bulls anally raped with an electric probe for sperm collection, less calves separated from their mother and killed for veal, less cow farts so less CO2 and CH4 emissions, less grain/soybean fed to cows, less water wasted, less forest area deforestated for soy crops etc
>98+3
>97+4
>....
>>
>>41429127
>>41429126
k
>>
>>41429127

CONT.

And that's where you understand most people are utter cowards who can't utter the words

"I don't really understand".

Look at you and you find yourself surrounded by cowards in a society full of them.

>>41429139

When machines start to emulate human cognition and get access to more memory and processing power than we could dream of...

Well how can you be so sure? As I said, what burning sword have you found?
>>
File: 1492758674403.jpg (38KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492758674403.jpg
38KB, 640x624px
>>41428601
>I think everyone should be vegan, so the environment could benefit, except me because I dont want to.
>except me because I dont want to.

Uhhh
>>
>>41429150
Ooh, we've got a new Aristotle here, watch out everyone
>>
>>41429150
CONT.

>We should all go vegan

Did you not read a fucking word I wrote? This planet is full of moral calculators who put

Different weights
[1, 2, 3, 4, ...]

on different stimuli
[The sight of a rotting corpse, the smell of a flower, ...]

on different moral principles
[The hurt should be healed, the hurt should be left hurt, my word is to be an arrow of truth, my word is to be a cudgel of dominance, etc...]

within different social configurations
[Mother and father live in the same room, mother and father live in separate rooms, mother practices infanticide, mother would never kill her children, etc.]
>>
>>41428369
>>41428384
I support vegatarians, and vegans even if i am not one myself, but many of these charts are very inaccurate.

If you want your movement to spread, post accurate verifiable information
>>
>>41429090
Two challenges for a price of one:
1) who says man is above pig? And why?
Is it because it's legal and socially acceptable? Slavery used to be too, eugenics in some extreme cases, many other things. Laws aren't set in stone, otherwise they would have never changed since the beginning of man. We always strive to be better as men and as a society, and part of that is changing our laws.
Is it because we are stronger than them? Come on that's stupid. By that logic I should pick on the weak in my gym and kill them for my meal. Or in a kindergarten for easy pickings.
So, who says man should dictate the pig's life and why?
2) I will use your definition for that one.
>>41428986
>Acts that only a sentience could perpetuate, understand and appreciate;
That first half is terribly easy to pick apart, a pig can perpetuate, understand and appreciate many things.
>acts that serve a higher purpose instead of a basic survival instinct.
Here we go again.
Define "higher purpose"
This is not me being sarcastic, seriously. You were asked to define "purpose" and replied with "higher purpose than [...]". That's not a very good definition.
>>
>>41429028

why do you assume people don't eat meat only for moral reasons?

I think this is the biggest flaw in your argument. Unfortunately, this is the foundation of your argument which makes your entire argument useless. There is nothing else for me to write, or you, for that matter.
>>
>>41429187
some moral calculators are more moral than others
>>
>>41429207
>a pig can perpetuate, understand and appreciate many things.
example?
>>
>>41429211
>why do you assume people don't eat meat only for moral reasons?

It's why I was a (ex) vegan. But at the same time, the impact of your individual actions are petty. It'd be far better to concentrate on dominating human politics and imposing thy will instead of counting on your mere act of resistance against a world you see as stupid.

>>41429218

My intuition sees that too. But it also sees that higher intelligence brings about higher moral principles that supersede those who can't model as complex of a world as the more intelligent.

And as machine evolution evolves faster and faster...
>>
>>41429187
You are using too many words to give a non answer. Why?
Describe as you would to a dumb 5 year old "why should we NOT change the weights we apply to the moral consideration of veganism"
Oh and also you ignored everything else I said
>>41429150
>When machines start to emulate human cognition and get access to more memory and processing power than we could dream of...
>Well how can you be so sure? As I said, what burning sword have you found?
That has literally nothing to do with my post
>>
>>41429150
>>41429187

dude, stop. Your fedora tipping is out of control it is making my computer screen shake.
>>
>>41429235
Love, pain, happiness, sadness, boredom from being cramped too tight with no room for interaction or stimulation, also Google pig intelligence test videos
Also you didn't reply to anything else
>>
>>41429247
>>41429257

>Vegans

I tried at the very least but instead of appreciating the difficulty of your moral calculation, you resort to being a bunch of social apes who have more homology to the chimpanzees who smash infant skulls against the ground than to anything we appreciate as a moral human.
>>
>>41427540
Where can I get this
>>
>>41429240
>""""""""thy"""""""""
Why is it that pseudo-intelligent people like you try to appear superior to others by using outdated words and pronouns. You're actually making yourself look ruder and more informal, as thy was the informal form of your, your being formal
>>
>>41429207
>who says man is above pig? And why?
man is better than pig because men strive to understand and explore the vast universe they exist in. Pigs do not, a pig will never understand that there is a vast universe outside of its pen nor have the desire to explore it.
>>
>>41429270

It's how I think. what other justification do I need to give? I don't "try", it's how I think.
>>
>>41429266
>Love, pain, happiness, sadness, boredom from being cramped too tight with no room for interaction or stimulation
you can't prove they feel any of this.
>>
>>41429285
Good for you
>>
>>41428501
>using 500 year old b8.
You're the unoriginal pussy here.
>>
>>41429273
Seriously? All the dumb niggers in the ghettos are striving to explore the universe?
But anyway
Why don't you eat Husky or Shiba Inu or Labrador steak? They don't strive to understand the cosmos either. Why is beating a GSD illegal but killing billions of pigs and chickens is legal?
(Also you still didnt reply to most things I said. I hope that it's because you are facing your cognitive dissonance)
>>
>>41429295
ebin :------DDD
>>
>>41429329
>Why don't you eat Husky or Shiba Inu or Labrador steak?

Do you know a place that sells it? I'd like to try all sorts of animals.
>>
>>41429295

Mammilian neurological structures have more than enough similarity to ours to see that they "feel".

Think of the average autistic kid. He probably feels pain at a multiple of a normal person's brain and yet is less likely to bleat out that he is hurt. He is also probably more likely to visualize the world as opposed to trying to calculate psychologies in his social sphere.

Autism probably has more in common with how animals feel in the intensity, and priority, given to sensory stimuli than normal speak.

It's why Temple Grandin was hired by meat companies, because they're staffed by men unable to visualize and understand the configuration of spaces and environments that non-linguistic species are sensitive to.

>>41429307

It's a curse. It's tremendously difficult to "dumb" down my explanations.
>>
>>41429329
>All the dumb niggers in the ghettos are striving to explore the universe?
0% of pigs are striving to explore and understand the universe, a nonzero percentage of humans are.
>>
>>41429348
I'm not going to Google fedora katana fat kid and download a picture to post so let us both pretend I did, ok?
>>
>>41429378
>fedora katana fat kid

Does he know where I can get dog meat?
>>
>>41429377 (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)
>>
>>41429329
I didn't reply to most of the things you said because I really don't care enough to elevate the discourse beyond shitposting. This is a Vietnamese sewing forum not a college entrance exam, the outcome has no bearing on me. Therefore I'm only going to respond to the points I find interesting enough to respond to.
>>
>>41429391(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)
>>
>>41429349
CONT.

But at the same time I understand this, I understand that it might be a psychotic principle to try to calculate one's actions against the "feels" of innumerable beings in a moral calculus.

So until then, I'd rather be a better example to fellow men and promote cultures that don't practice infanticide in front of their young and cultures where the child gets to see mother and father together as opposed to the barbarism of older cultures.
>>
>>41429349
You're probably one of those autistic people.
>>
>>41429432

What gave it away? desu, probably a form Asperger's than full-blown pony fucking autism.
>>
>>41429418
>I was proven wrong, better play the I don't care card
I hope you will change, I believe in you :)
>>
File: ProteinFarts.jpg (76KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
ProteinFarts.jpg
76KB, 500x503px
>>41427540

(1) Because more desire for meat means more deforestation (to make way for cows, chickens, etc.), and more methane in the atmosphere which has an adverse effect on the environment (climate change) which negatively impacts the environment itself (changing temperatures) and for its inhabitants (migration patterns, livelihood, availability of water, etc.).

(2) To avoid contributing to the above, I can find alternative, viable protein, calcium, B12, etc., sources elsewhere. This usually comes in the form of chickpeas, peanut butter, red kidney beans, black beans, broccoli, kale, spinach, almonds, cashews, and walnuts. Additionally, I'm increasing my intake of fruit, vegetables, and other healthier foods so, overall, I believe my health is benefitting from the change.

(3) I love nature and the environment as a whole and this includes animals. Of course, should I ever find myself stranded and in need of something to eat, then I'd resort to killing an animal to survive, but with modern technology and conveniences, I don't have this problem.

As a side note, I'm also aware of the other pressing issues that impact the environment, so I haven't only changed my food preferences in accordance with my passion for nature (i.e. issues regarding population size, energy consumption, food waste, plastic usage, renewable energy, etc.).
>>
>>41429205
>my movement
what movement? the natural homosapiens movement? lol
>>
It's unethical. I can't live with the thought that an animal has to endure a life of suffering just so I can have a shitty chicken sandwich that I'll eat in 5 minutes and won't enjoy. It's also the most effective life style change I can make to help the planet. Health doesn't come into it for me.
>>
File: 212-KobeStripLoin.jpg (99KB, 686x458px) Image search: [Google]
212-KobeStripLoin.jpg
99KB, 686x458px
>>
>>41429240

You are projecting your own emotional baggage and opinions on the world, that's your issue here.

I am

>>41428639

I am not refusing to eat meat because I think the world is stupid, I am doing it for health reasons but it's more than just meat that I avoid. I still eat honey so I can't be labeled a vegan but, again, your argument is based on a lie so it's an invalid argument.
>>
>>41429349

Wait, so you are saying that in order to work at meat companies you have to be autistic?

That's kind of weird.
>>
>>41429623

I'm saying that normal people from meat companies hired the autistic Temple Grandin to streamline the raising and slaughter process.

>>41429582
>, I am doing it for health reasons

Meh, high-fat high-carb has done far more for my sanity (and gainz) then trying to be vegan. But if you're a vegetarian who avoids "processed" food, you're ahead of most americans.
>>
>>41429651

high-fat high-protein*

high-fat high-carb would be a death sentence for me
>>
>>41427739
>muh feefees

Also yes, I totally would if it was made into something tasty.
>>
>>41429457
Ok, lets start from the top.

Why don't you eat meat?
>>
>>41429651

high fat, high protein diets are not exclusive to meat eating.

You tried and failed with a vegan diet but somehow you had to drag that out into half a dozen convoluted posts.

Simplify your life.
>>
>>41429783
>high fat, high protein diets are not exclusive to meat eating.

They're a lot easier. And social friendly.

>simplify your life

Ha ha ha ha, to be told by a youngster that. When you hit 40, tell me how to simplify my life. I could live as a hermit from the moss of responsibilities and social obligations that grow on my back. But that's not my style.
>>
>>41429820

I'm 34.

You are complicating your life by choice; even mine can be made simpler in so many ways that it will take me almost my whole life to achieve it but I'm still going to try.
>>
>>41428730
>requires others to state their sources
>does not post source of anything he claims
in case you don't understand, I'm asking you to post your source
>>
>>41427540

>These arguments

I eat meat but you guys are honestly fucking retarded. If you seriously think it is morally good to eat meat you are so delusional it is unbelievable.

You are making arguments I would expect to hear vomitted from a high schooler's mouth. For real, get off of 4chan you babbies.
>>
>>41427540

That shit looks awful. I'm no vegan, but I don't eat deep fried food, processed food, or white carbs. Not even for health reasons. I just think it's gross. I would take a steak or a rainbow trout and a salad over that shit any day.
>>
>>41428357
>guitar strings are made from animals
>>
>>41427739

hunting is fun. I was against hunting for the longest time.

Earlier this year, there was a mouse in my house. I was able to trap it in one room in my house to contain any damage.

I set out traps, but they all got tripped without catching the fucker. I was pissed and grabbed a book. I chased it around the room until I finally smashed it.

The feeling is amazing and almost indescribable. After it was over I had so much adrenaline in my system I was shaking.

Anyone else ever feel this?
>>
>>41431208
lol u sound like a cuck becoming less of a cuck
>>
>>41428550

Is it though considering

A) How many part of the animal are used in many other things

B) Plants are solely carbs where as meat has fat and protein and thus could potentially be more food
>>
>>41427739
i've helped gut a cow and a deer before
>>
>>41427540
literally only retards choose not to be vegan
>>
>>41431273
t. Remy from Ratatouille
>>
>>41429267
Autism Confirmed.
>>
I don't support eating animals I didn't kill with my hands. I know that isn't technically veganism but the end result is pretty much the same since the only meat I can eat are the ten red snappers and barracuda I have in my fridge and the chickens I keep in my backyard. I used to hunt but I don't have the time to plan anything right now so I stick to fishing for now.

I just want to live off the fat of the land, you know?
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.