[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are back squats a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 149465283837760.jpg (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
149465283837760.jpg
9KB, 220x229px
Give me one reason to do back squats over front squats. PROTIP: you can't
>>
how are the overhead deadlifts going OP?
>>
you can lift far more weight and get far better gains
>>
>another autist who think its cool to front squat
ask me how I know you squat sub 2plate

olympic weightlifters who need the front squat in their sport back squat to increase their front squat. If you would front squat a weight that isnt a bitch weight you would know that its hard to do a lot of volume on it because the upper back gives out quick
>>
>>41426676
fs is great for core/back. you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>41426683
Read about Clarence0 and how he fucked up his knees. He credits a period of his training where he opted to front squat far more than back squat and said somewhere that front squat should make up 1/3 to 1/2 of your squatting frequency depending on how you program it.

I have no prejudice against either, just giving the information I have heard and find credible.
>>
>>41426722
he didn't stop training when the pain started and used meds and kept lifting hard. it wasn't the lift itself but the training that blew out his knees
>>
>>41426683
how does that contradict anything he said you fucking imbecile? he's correct, front squat has limiting factors other than the muscles that are its primary target, hence its a suboptimal lift for said muscles
>>
>>41426763
it was targeted at his "cool to front squat" line
>>
>>41426722
so with this thinking would doing back squats 2x week and front 1x week make sense? seems like a good routine would include both variations
>>
my traps can hold heavy weight just fine. my shoulders cannot
>>
>>41426722
you are projecting what he said to make up your argument. this >>41426749 is what happened. nigger was having knee pain and was exhausted as fuck, still, he kept training 6x a day squatting frequently, he said he had insomnia for 2 months straight due to overtraining. now tell me, front squats, back squats, would it have made any difference at all in this situation?
>>
>>41426991
source of the interview btw

allthingsgym - Clarence Kennedy Interview 2015

"I was training 6 times per week during that time and I actually made a lot of PRs so I continued to train heavy and that’s when I made a big mistake.

Due to this my patella tendons got more and more damaged to the point where I developed chronic patella tendinitis in both knees.

[...]

So I continued to train heavy and upped the frequency and volume of my training.

I remember a few days after the comp I squatted 240kg 3×3, followed by 5×2. and during that time I was so overtrained that I had insomnia for almost 2 months straight."

he doesnt even mention front squats specifically in the Knee Injury topic.
>>
>>41426663
>keked a little
>>
>>41426658
enjoy having huge quads and no hamstrings, adductors, glutes or erectors
>>
>>41426658
op, balance is the best choice. front squats use the quads way more, but with back squats you can add much more weight, thus training other muscles, see >>41427102
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.