[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: sick-guy.jpg (30KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
sick-guy.jpg
30KB, 460x288px
So, I during/shortly after workouts I sometimes get an irregular heartbeat and my heart rate rises. It doesn't rise past like 170-180, but the irregular heartbeat makes it feel like it is going a million miles an hour. I went to a cardiologist, wore a heart monitor, got an echocardiogram, and the cardiologist said my heart was perfect, he checked for everything including the sudden cardiac death shit. I have had panic attacks where my heart freaked out in the past, but these episodes seem to be induced by exercise and aren't accompanied by any significant anxiety. I have had a few more episodes of this since I went to the cardiologist. Any advice, /fit/?
>>
Consult another (or 2 more) cardiologist for a different opinion.
>>
it could be psychological if you have had panic attacks in the past

i had my first panic attack about a month ago.. had no clue what was going on, thought itwas a heart attack and actually went to the ER (weird i know). getting back into my cardio routine on the treadmill, i felt i was having a panic attack at times

just know that the feeling of lightheadedness is largely psychological if you've ruled out the possibility of it being physical
>>
>>41426277
It's not weird to go rush to the emergency room if you thought it was something as serious as a heart attack.
>>
>>41426217
Really anxious guy here
Sometimes I get a fluttering feeling in my chest, like my heart is simultaneously getting lighter and sinking down. Happens rarely.
Cardiologist says everything is fine, but could this be one of the things they can't detect through an ECG?
>>
>>41426240
Kek, not an option. I live in burgerland so anything related to healthcare costs a retarded amount of money. The first guy has me too deep in the hole to even think of getting a flu shot much less go to another cardiologist. I have some cousins who are doctors look at my ekgs and test results and they said I have nothing to worry about, so I don't think it is any major heart condition.

>>41426277
Thanks man. Don't feel bad about going to the ER cause of a panic attack, I a few people who have done the same thing, Even my therapist did it. It feels so foreign that it is probably a good thing you went to the ER just in case it wasn't a panic attack. It is interesting you felt like you were having a panic attack on the treadmill, maybe I could be going through similar stuff.
>>
acid reflux can cause those feelings too
>>
>>41426217
I also recently had a checkup with a cardiologist due to irregular rhythm as well.. Sometimes it goes really slow and heavy, then when I breathe in it goes fast as fuck..

also I've started getting 1-2 PVCs every day, those are basically extra heart beats that feel like a hard thump(sometimes painful) in the middle of your chest. Really fucking uncomfortable.

Cardio did a 24hr ECG, stress test and echo, said everything was fine..
>>
>>41426217
It doesn't always show up on the ECG unless you're having an attack there and then. You've just got to keep going in having an ECG until it shows up.

>>41426343
>I live in burgerland so anything related to healthcare costs a retarded amount of money.
BEST HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD.
>>
>>41427718
>Sometimes it goes really slow and heavy, then when I breathe in it goes fast as fuck.
That's potentially normal.
>>
I actually had this same thing happen to me last week. On top of psyching myself during running, I was already on caffeine (not any dose I wasn't used to, have 2-3 grande cups a day) and not going too quickly, either. My family has a history of arrhythmia- I'd say it's worth looking into if you do too. Could be a defiency of certain minerals too
>>
Alright, OP here, and after reading this article: http://www.fitnesssolutionsplus.ca/blog/exercise-induced-panic-attacks/ I am pretty sure it is an exercise induced panic attack, especially because the cardiologist said everything looked fine and I have a history of panic attacks. I'm just gonna go with this and if I die or something because I'm wrong, my last wish is that burgerland's healthcare gets at least a little fucking cheaper.
>>
>>41426217
Daniel?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.